Who Do You Want To See As Moderator?

• Administrators

Dear Community,

I have loved moderating this Community for years now. But I think the time has come to bring in some fresh blood. The Community has been growing, and it's getting too much to handle alone. So please submit suggestions, and if anyone is interested, please send me a private message. 

You must have an understanding of hair transplants.

You must be a patient yourself.

You must respect others. Under no circumstance is it okay to be disrespectful or disparaging to anyone, including doctors not recommended here (even if they're hair mills). 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You have done a great job and got your face out there. I think the industry has changed a lot and not for the better and become has very aggressive and willing to hang people and protect the hair mills, and for me personally that kind of atmosphere doesn't interest me at all and it damages the forum. You have done well to put up with what you have and really brought amazing change here. I hope you carry on, albeit with others but whatever you do, wish you all the best. Whoever takes over needs very very thick skin, good judgment and needs to protect the flock from wolves. Good luck it all I can say. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, laverita said:

You have done a great job and got your face out there. I think the industry has changed a lot and not for the better and become has very aggressive and willing to hang people and protect the hair mills, and for me personally that kind of atmosphere doesn't interest me at all and it damages the forum. You have done well to put up with what you have and really brought amazing change here. I hope you carry on, albeit with others but whatever you do, wish you all the best. Whoever takes over needs very very thick skin, good judgment and needs to protect the flock from wolves. Good luck it all I can say. 

I will still be managing the community. I'm only bringing in someone to help. We've had a big jump in new users since January. It's about doubled with new visitors to the forum. Keeping up with messages here and on our social media is hard. It's always been a two-person job. I handled it alone for a while, but I think our growth is too much for one person to handle. This is within the last few months. I have been putting this off for a while. But I think the time has come to bring someone else. Like the saying goes, two heads are better than one.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 1.05.25 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I will still be managing the community. I'm only bringing in someone to help. We've had a big jump in new users since January. It's about doubled with new visitors to the forum. Keeping up with messages here and on our social media is hard. It's always been a two-person job. I handled it alone for a while, but I think our growth is too much for one person to handle. This is within the last few months. I have been putting this off for a while. But I think the time has come to bring someone else. Like the saying goes, two heads are better than one.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 1.05.25 PM.png

You've killed it Melvin. I think a lot of people have noticed the push and the dedication you've given to the role on socials.

• Like 1

You do an amazing job, Melvin. I’m not sure if you have an outside job, away from this, but you’ve certainly ran a very tight ship here and helped a lot of people   I’m amazed that you’ve managed to do this alone for so long. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

You do an amazing job, Melvin. I’m not sure if you have an outside job, away from this, but you’ve certainly ran a very tight ship here and helped a lot of people   I’m amazed that you’ve managed to do this alone for so long. 

I did it alone back when our community was smaller. But it’s growing fast. It’s hard to stay on top of everything among the other duties I have for the network. Great suggestions btw. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Id like to see a fellow botched/repair patient as moderator

If a moderator has only had (and only needs) 1-2 HTs and they have both been homeruns, I think it will be hard for them to relate to repair patients. 

And vice versa, it will be hard for repair patients to relate to any moderator who has had a very easy journey compared to alot of ppl on here

A pet peeve of mine is one and done community members who think they know everything just bc they got lucky

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

We've had a big jump in new users since January. It's about doubled with new visitors to the forum.

Wow! I think that's awesome. I didn't realize how many new users we have here.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I do think myself with the experinece i have can do a great job

2 transplants with Dr Saifi - Been on finasteride had sides went off now using oral minoxidil & have an upcoming surgery with Dr Zarev which i will be showing on he here

For sure i will be as objective as possible. Every person is an individual so this conflict about finasteride is something i see on here that is frustating.

Every person can & wil react different to drugs in general not just finasteride. It is the same with Oral minoxidil

For me no issue with OM but finasteride caused my issues 2 years into taking the drug. For someone else it may be the opposite. There are some sort of risks with every drug & even also with a bad diet which may catch up with you later in life.

In regards to hair transplant i would urge patients need to be educated on timescales. We are seeing more patients on here impatient about growth after 3 months which is far too soon.

Also educating patients on the best surgern possible for there case would be another passion of mine.

Not everyone can get to DR Zarev or Dr Pittella but there are some excellent cheaper options like Dr Saifi in Poland or Pekinar in Turkey for example. Bicer is another great option.

9 hours ago, hairman22 said:

@Gatsby would be excellent,

I have applied also

Melvin has done & will continue to do an amazing job. The podcasts have been brillant

@Gatsbywould be terrible for this role. Can you not see his heavy Eugenix and Bicer bias.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

@Gatsbywould be terrible for this role. Can you not see his heavy Eugenix and Bicer bias.

No he has great experience. I dont think it is bias as Dr Sethi & Bicer are excellent surgeons. Every surgeon will have cases that dont grow as well including even Dr Zarev

That said i do think the lower Eugenix packages need to be careful in regards to planning for high norwood's that i would agree with

Slightly off topic, but linked to the running of the site…. I do wonder if there could be another way to raise money, for the running of this site, rather than surgeons paying for membership. Could we, as punters, pay a membership instead? What sort of money would we be talking? 

• Thumbs-down 2
  • Face Palm 1

13 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

Yes both these two, well balanced and give to the community so are probably well up there. Stephcurry and hairman22 both very well presented and balanced and would also give tremendously. All seem lovely character. Mel you have done as said amazingly well here and deserve to rest a little. 

• Like 1

@Gatsby and @BeHappy are the two names that come to my mind. Both have given great advice and have been "in the game" for a long time. They both have a wellspring of knowledge in the HT World, new and old.

I also agree with @Rolandas, He has provided the community with a treasure of educational videos that are easy to understand. I'm a bit sad though that he hasn't made any new videos recently

Edited by mister_25

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

7 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

@Gatsby and @BeHappy are the two names that come to my mind. Both have given great advice and have been "in the game" for a long time. They both have a wellspring of knowledge in the HT World, new and old.

I also agree with @Rolandas, He has provided the community with a treasure of educational videos that are easy to understand. I'm a bit sad though that he hasn't made any new videos recently

Yeaah @Rolandas is the goat haha

but i will also vote for @BeHappy. He have been member here since 2007 and also @Steeeve that have been member here since 2014.  They both contributes and give advices without being bias with some of the clinics here. I think is really important to have mods that are objective and is known to not have any affiliation or any friendships with the clinics. I think also is unfair to give to someone that have been member here since 2020 or later when people with a lot of experience are present here 😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1