Who Do You Want To See As Moderator?

My suggestion would also be @A_4_Archan. He's a super helpful guy. Been chatting with him on and off for multiples times in trying to help me figure out the surgeon for my next procedure. He actually goes over and beyond to help people with nothing expected in return. Would definitely vote for him. Informed, and thorough. 

• Like 2

I think @Gatsby is solid choice. He is experienced, mature and he is regular member. So what that everybody likes him? He will play the good cop and Melvin will play the bad cop 😁

But does Gatsby want it? Is it paid job? 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

On 2/2/2024 at 8:41 AM, DeltaV said:

@Gatsbywould be terrible for this role. Can you not see his heavy Eugenix and Bicer bias.

I thought the same thing, that both Gatsby and Melvin are Eugenix patients (dr.Sethi). 

But if the critique of this clinic is allowed, i don't see big issue here. And my and your topic confirms that critique of Eugenix is welcomed 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2024 at 11:29 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

Id like to see a fellow botched/repair patient as moderator

If a moderator has only had (and only needs) 1-2 HTs and they have both been homeruns, I think it will be hard for them to relate to repair patients. 

And vice versa, it will be hard for repair patients to relate to any moderator who has had a very easy journey compared to alot of ppl on here

A pet peeve of mine is one and done community members who think they know everything just bc they got lucky

I very much agree.  Someone who has gone through the 'mill' brings a lot to the table. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Dear Community,

I have been overwhelmed in a good way by all of the applicants and suggestions. We have solid candidates who have been instrumental in contributing quality posts and content. As a result, I think the best way forward is to have a panel of 'valued contributors.' This panel will have more privileges than the average senior member, like editing posts past seven days, etc. 

To keep this forum fair and balanced. I will counsel with our panel before making decisions. For example, removing a topic, banning a member, etc. I will be selecting at least four members for this panel, along with the moderator. I want to thank you all for participating and contributing to our forum. Our success is because of you 🙏 .

• Like 10

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Dear Community,

I have been overwhelmed in a good way by all of the applicants and suggestions. We have solid candidates who have been instrumental in contributing quality posts and content. As a result, I think the best way forward is to have a panel of 'valued contributors.' This panel will have more privileges than the average senior member, like editing posts past seven days, etc. 

To keep this forum fair and balanced. I will counsel with our panel before making decisions. For example, removing a topic, banning a member, etc. I will be selecting at least four members for this panel, along with the moderator. I want to thank you all for participating and contributing to our forum. Our success is because of you 🙏 .

You busted your ass for a long time Melvin - you deserve your flowers!

• Thanks 1

I am sorry to hear this.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

I am sorry to hear this.

Why? This is a good thing. We will have another moderator and a panel of valued contributors that will ensure that the decisions we make are fair and balanced. 

• Well Done 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

21 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Why? This is a good thing. We will have another moderator and a panel of valued contributors that will ensure that the decisions we make are fair and balanced. 

Always valued your hard work.  Are you going to be totally out? Hopefully you'll continue contributing.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

Always valued your hard work.  Are you going to be totally out? Hopefully you'll continue contributing.  

No, I’ll still be managing things. I will be getting some much needed help, and I think it will be better to make decisions with the assistance of valuable members with experience, so the forum stays as fair as possible.

View my thread

On 2/5/2024 at 5:22 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

I think i could be a good choice for such counseling. Decisions like banning a member, closing or removing a topic can cause unecessary drama and hurt community. But sometimes such decisions has to be made. It is a question of appropriate measures for a particular case. Therefore i like the idea of creating this panel. 

I am not really interested with privileges or special rank, but if you would like my opinion in some burning cases, you can add me to this group. 

• Like 3

I think GeneralNorwood would be a good addition to the tribal council. It's important to have someone in this group who had a not so positive experience with the HT industry so that this perspective is considered. 

• Like 4
  • Well Done 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I think GeneralNorwood would be a good addition to the tribal council. It's important to have someone in this group who had a not so positive experience with the HT industry so that this perspective is considered. 

@BeHappy has a very interesting story. Him and @Gatsby were butchered in the 80s. I think the repair cases today aren’t as bad as they used to be. 

View my thread

Melvin—say it is not so. Your humor, your patience, your keen insights, your expertise all is above and beyond. I know you are destined for new challenges, new opportunities but you brought sanity and reality and wisdom and integrity on a daily basis. I know you will be greatly successful in whatever you pursue. You will be missed. Don’t be a stranger to this Forum—you bring so much.

• Like 1

With all respect Melvin I dont really care WHO is administrators on this site. 

I think the question should be more of WHAT… Qualities.. Do you want to see in a Administrator?

Knowledge is mentioned but what about being an effective communicator, being able to listen and have good problem solving skills? Having integrity… The list goes on, but I suppose that is where you wanna be headed when you select those interested. 

All the best

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, donpizmeov said:

With all respect Melvin I dont really care WHO is administrators on this site. 

I think the question should be more of WHAT… Qualities.. Do you want to see in a Administrator?

Knowledge is mentioned but what about being an effective communicator, being able to listen and have good problem solving skills? Having integrity… The list goes on, but I suppose that is where you wanna be headed when you select those interested. 

All the best

I think @Stoner said it well: 

1) Be impartial, just, and consistent in the standards he applies. Have personal integrity.

2) Have a sound judgment and the courage to exercise it.

3) Have a solid knowledge about HTs but also be open to reassess their priors in case of new developments, either regarding treatments or doctors.

4) Be kind, respectful and positive towards the forum members. Always keep in mind that the ultimate aim is to help people who are under significant stress about a problem they are facing, which in those people's view is usually severe and a key to their wellbeing.

View my thread

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Mountinvan said:

Melvin—say it is not so. Your humor, your patience, your keen insights, your expertise all is above and beyond. I know you are destined for new challenges, new opportunities but you brought sanity and reality and wisdom and integrity on a daily basis. I know you will be greatly successful in whatever you pursue. You will be missed. Don’t be a stranger to this Forum—you bring so much.

I will still be managing it. I’m just getting help and a panel to ensure im not making decisions alone. The more quality individuals involved in our process, the better. I’ve never wanted to run this forum like a ruler. 

View my thread

I'd appreciate if we had someone with a more "pro-patient" perspective co-moderate or at least sit on the panel. I think way too many doctors -- including recommended doctors -- get away with mediocre results. Openly speaking, the reputation of this forum is... not the best at this time; a cursory look at Reddit, for example, will indicate that many users feel that doctors are overly protected here and it's a valid critique.

I think someone who calls out sloppy work for what it is, but who also recognizes when a patient is being unfair (e.g., complaining 1 month in) is an ideal balance.

I recommend @GeneralNorwood.

• Like 3