Say it ain't so.

10 hours ago, Sanjar41 said:

I mean really there is no law here in the US to go after him or criminals like him and stop him once and for all? Maybe if admin agrees, one topic about him and his crimes might help many other victims in the future.

I don't think Admin. likes to shine a light on these kinds of unethical butchers, as it makes the industry look bad, and they get paid to make the industry look good. 

12 hours ago, wylie said:

I don't think Admin. likes to shine a light on these kinds of unethical butchers, as it makes the industry look bad, and they get paid to make the industry look good. 

But he did it already and personally I thank him for that. This forum is helping everyone and honestly I don't understand what you talking about.

Edited by Sanjar41
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, wylie said:

Dunno about that. One admin encouraged me to expose them over private messages, so there's that.

What really pisses me off about this (more so than the wasted money, given that I refused to pay for half of it) is the extreme psychological distress this experience put me through. It took me a month to stop being in denial about what happened to me and finally accept the reality of my situation. This process wasn't exactly fun. And the emotional turmoil was detrimental to a lot of other things I had going on.

Now, if the 1500~2000 grafts I did get don't yield, these people are going down. I might do it anyway. I don't appreciate being treated like this.

17 hours ago, Sanjar41 said:

But he did it already and personally I thank him for that. This forum is helping everyone and honestly I don't understand what you talking about.

I know you don't, I don't expect you to. I know this forum helps people, it's extremely beneficial. 

15 hours ago, Oxiborick said:

Dunno about that. One admin encouraged me to expose them over private messages, so there's that.

Yes, but we need more than that. We need a HT repair section, as well as a bulletin board of horror stories and doctors to avoid. Perhaps someone sees that BEFORE they are butchered. 

Edited by wylie
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Oxiborick said:

What really pisses me off about this (more so than the wasted money, given that I refused to pay for half of it) is the extreme psychological distress this experience put me through. It took me a month to stop being in denial about what happened to me and finally accept the reality of my situation. This process wasn't exactly fun. And the emotional turmoil was detrimental to a lot of other things I had going on.

Now, if the 1500~2000 grafts I did get don't yield, these people are going down. I might do it anyway. I don't appreciate being treated like this.

They've delayed you getting an actual transplant for another year also since this one isn't working out.
I'm super glad that your donor is growing back thick though.  You'll be able to get what you need from a real clinic. :)

13 hours ago, SeanToman said:

They've delayed you getting an actual transplant for another year also since this one isn't working out.
I'm super glad that your donor is growing back thick though.  You'll be able to get what you need from a real clinic. :)

I am supposed to meet up with my old GF late this summer and I thought it would be hilarious and cool to show up with a full head of hair. Grr.

On 10/28/2022 at 7:42 AM, Oxiborick said:

Hello everyone,

About three weeks ago I got a hair transplant (FUE) for 3800 grafts. A day or so after the procedure, I made a post showing it off to Reddit and got some extremely negative feedback. "Worst work I've ever seen" etc. The consensus was that I only actually received 2000 grafts, or at most 2500. I figured everyone was just being dramatic and I kind of dismissed it, as I was really impressed with the clinic's professionalism and general approach. I've also dealt with some real bozos on there so it was easy enough to dismiss these guys. I returned to my home city after staying in the clinic's city for a couple weeks. When I got home, I showed my "after" pictures to a friend who has undergone three procedures and he also said it only looks like about 2000 grafts, or 2500 at most. So I had a consultation with another hair transplant surgeon (a very highly respected one with a great reputation) and he said the same thing, though instead of giving an estimate he just said that 3800 were clearly not transplanted successfully. Now I'm really starting to worry.

I hope to god this isn't true as I liked this clinic a lot. (It's in the USA.) They were extremely helpful in getting me set up and were very friendly and professional to deal with. They also paid for two days at a very nice hotel and for my transportation from the airport. Didn't seem sleazy or incompetent at all. Very clean and tidy clinic with a nice setup, not some crappy "back alley" type deal. Total procedure took like 16 hours, so it's not like they rushed through it. Surgeon was extremely attentive to my well-being and needs, and was very kind and considerate. Great "bedside manner". What's going on here? Are all these people wrong?

Just eyeballing everything it does look to me like there are more donor extractions than grafts onto the bald areas.

The grafts that I do have (regardless of whether they number 2500 or 3800) do seem to be growing (shock loss hasn't happened yet) so I guess they survived the procedure. Also everything is healing just fine, just tiny bits of residual soreness here and there occasionally but nothing that would even require Tylenol.

Here are my before, after (grafts) and after (donor) pics. What do you think? Please refrain from making angry, hysterical comments; I want to be as rational about this as possible and hate drama. I really, really, really don't want this to be true as like I said I had a great working relationship with the clinic leading up to the procedure... and I especially hope it's not true because I won't be able to get another procedure until the beginning of 2024 (too much else going on until then).

Would be especially interested in hearing from any actual surgeons who might be reading this.

Thanks!

Before1.jpg

Before2.jpg

Before3.jpg

Before4.jpg

before5.jpg

After01.jpg

After4.jpg

After2.jpg

After3.jpg

After5.jpg

After7.jpg

After8.jpg

After6.jpg

Donor1.jpg

Donor2.jpg

Donor3.jpg

Donor4.jpg

Donor5.jpg

That doesnt look like more than 2k grafts??

3 minutes ago, Michael D said:

That doesnt look like more than 2k grafts??

By all accounts I got somewhere between 1500 and, at most, 2500. Was supposed to be 3800.

Here are some pictures of what 3700~3900 actually looks like.

1+tag+nach+der+op.JPG

31BE69D1-7C7E-4BDF-807E-0925E96F6137.thumb.jpeg.0a149a8f3a429d5810409ac2445a3991.jpeg

E4D00581-5B5D-4E3F-B74C-4F029C087570.thumb.jpeg.0c24c76725298f871af8b436813d833b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3c0060b88026573245e7771302326f4b.jpeg

IMG_5394.jpg.abaaed93abe2ec7c41daf380c49c17b5.jpg

IMG_20160121_205330.thumb.jpg.f27eec25bed8474f1634a921074e3fed.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-15 191040.png

Screenshot 2022-11-15 191502.png

Screenshot 2022-11-15 192242.png

Edited by Oxiborick

• Administrators

@wylie

I don’t know where you got the idea that we don’t like to shine the light on these cases, it’s the exact opposite. 

In fact, I reached out to both @Sanjar41 and @Oxiborick via pm to help them both, and even wanted to make a YouTube video about Sanjars experience with an interview. 

We don’t sell hair transplants here, we educate. The whole reason this community was created was to call things like this out. Sharing genuine experiences good and bad is what makes this community like no other. 

• Like 6

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I want to take these people down. You can't F me over like this and get away with it. 

The guy's 67 and just declared bankruptcy. Would be a shame if his revenue stream is cut off at that age and in that financial situation! But hey, he's old enough for social security now, so he'll be fine. ☠️☠️☠️

1 hour ago, Pbaird98 said:

Good to hear bro 

Couple quick shots of my donor at week 11ish. Looking OK you think? It looks pretty much the same as it did preop to me, except for being thinner a bit on the sides.

This is more evidence for my theory that they just transected a huge portion of the grafts, leaving the follicle intact. I hope...

donor1.jpg

donor2.jpg

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Oxiborick said:

This is more evidence for my theory that they just transected a huge portion of the grafts, leaving the follicle intact. I hope...

Right. That is what I said earlier is what I think probably happened. I said they probably did lot of hole punching to try to get grafts, but not doing a very good job of getting them out intact and so the hair will regrow since it was never removed. Cases like that look horrible right after the procedure because you see all the donor holes, but if the follicle is still there then it will grow back. The only issue you may still have is since there is scarring around growing hair, a Dr may have a harder time getting those grafts out later if/when you do another session.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

7 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Right. That is what I said earlier is what I think probably happened. I said they probably did lot of hole punching to try to get grafts, but not doing a very good job of getting them out intact and so the hair will regrow since it was never removed. Cases like that look horrible right after the procedure because you see all the donor holes, but if the follicle is still there then it will grow back. The only issue you may still have is since there is scarring around growing hair, a Dr may have a harder time getting those grafts out later if/when you do another session.

Yeah I got that from you, lol. So you think the donor area looks pretty decent? You think I'll be good for a repair job from Nader? I was expecting the worst based on this photo:

Donor5.jpg

Edited by Oxiborick

• Administrators

@Oxiborick

Do not get any repairs preemptively. Give it at least 10 months before getting a repair. You really don’t know how it’s going to look, only time will tell.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

35 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@Oxiborick

Do not get any repairs preemptively. Give it at least 10 months before getting a repair. You really don’t know how it’s going to look, only time will tell.

I hadn't planned on it before a year, this October, so don't worry.

6 hours ago, Oxiborick said:

Yeah I got that from you, lol. So you think the donor area looks pretty decent? You think I'll be good for a repair job from Nader? I was expecting the worst based on this photo:

Donor5.jpg

I mentioned in our DM's but Nader isn't really considered a "repair" doctor. At least I don't think I've ever seen a repair job of his on this forum. That isn't to say he couldn't do a great repair on you, and I'm sure he's done plenty of repairs in his career, but his reputation is not for being a repair Dr.

This isn't to say don't go to Nader for the repair, but it's something to consider. Their are doctors who have much more established records of successful repairs. But that said, Melvin is right don't book a repair procedure for atleast 10 months post op. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I mentioned in our DM's but Nader isn't really considered a "repair" doctor. At least I don't think I've ever seen a repair job of his on this forum. That isn't to say he couldn't do a great repair on you, and I'm sure he's done plenty of repairs in his career, but his reputation is not for being a repair Dr.

This isn't to say don't go to Nader for the repair, but it's something to consider. Their are doctors who have much more established records of successful repairs. But that said, Melvin is right don't book a repair procedure for atleast 10 months post op. 

I don't know if I'd classify this as a repair case yet. I'd have to wait to see how it grows. Obviously there won't be a lot of hair growing in, but if what they did transplant grows at the right angles without a lot of multi hair grafts in the front then it may be more of a case where he just needs a lot more work done. I agree with everyone who says he needs to wait until it grows in to decide what to do next.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

20 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I don't know if I'd classify this as a repair case yet. I'd have to wait to see how it grows. Obviously there won't be a lot of hair growing in, but if what they did transplant grows at the right angles without a lot of multi hair grafts in the front then it may be more of a case where he just needs a lot more work done. I agree with everyone who says he needs to wait until it grows in to decide what to do next.

I think the front might come in somewhat ok. It's hard to see in the photos because the light is so intense and my hair is so light, but I actually had somewhat decent coverage in the front and they did fill it out "in between" the existing hairs somewhat.

The crown is gonna look like ass though, right? Straight rows of grafts that are too far apart, yes? 

5 hours ago, Oxiborick said:

I think the front might come in somewhat ok. It's hard to see in the photos because the light is so intense and my hair is so light, but I actually had somewhat decent coverage in the front and they did fill it out "in between" the existing hairs somewhat.

The crown is gonna look like ass though, right? Straight rows of grafts that are too far apart, yes? 

It will be low density everywhere. You will need a second procedure to add density for a more natural look

Sort of late to the party here and I didn't read through every comment. I do however understand the overall message and the opinions etc etc. Quick question - OP said that the doctor is in the USA did he mention who the doctor is or what state/city he got the procedure done in? 

I hope the best for OP. Perhaps it all turns out fine and the density isn't good but it's better than before and that can bring him peace.

18 hours ago, mdg8736 said:

Sort of late to the party here and I didn't read through every comment. I do however understand the overall message and the opinions etc etc. Quick question - OP said that the doctor is in the USA did he mention who the doctor is or what state/city he got the procedure done in? 

I hope the best for OP. Perhaps it all turns out fine and the density isn't good but it's better than before and that can bring him peace.

Thanks. The big revelations about this bunch start on page four I think, but yes I revealed everything.