Say it ain't so.

5 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I feel like your lateral hams improved. This will likely aid you to get optimal results in your next intervention. 

I think that's because of the finasteride. I didn't get any grafts there. I respond REALLY well to finasteride (thank god).

• Like 1
  • Well Done 2

• Valued Contributor

I have seen all your pre and post op pics and i feel sorry for you...actually i feel you just made some gains and 30-40% from it i think due to medication but what done is done and you have to move on..if you want you can file a case if you have everything in written about the grafts count and all and if they claimed 3800 in written ...as this is cheating and not just surgery risks....this is happening with so many people ..even i know many in my town who gone through this but all those cases ofcourse not documented on internet and people just move on..

And if you wish to move on than consult a good doctor ethical surgeon now...i guess you may consider fut due to the high grade of baldness and if you are not willing to keep your hairs on the back too short...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Oxiborick said:

Well guys was looking at some of my past correspondences with my "clinic" and I suspect that the person who did my hair transplant is the infamous Catherine from this thread. I was told that the woman who actually did my procedure was named "Kate". The "Catherine" in this thread is Chris McTyre's wife Catherine Kerschen, an incompetent med tech who does hair transplant procedures for him so the two of them can save money.

Wow, is that legal in your state? Also, hows your donor looking?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me chim in with some useful information in the state of virginia. Which may be useful information for you all. In the State of Virginia a surgery is considered anything that requires human tissue removal or incesions (amongst other things). Under these parameters a hair transplant is indeed a surgery. A surgery must be performed by a licensed physician and is not delegable to anyone not holding a medicile license. The only time a physican can delegate removing grafts or making incesions is to a physicians assistance. The physican must be present during all times unless consent was signed by you that a physican assistant would be performing the work. They must have made it very clear to you what you were signing was the delegation of work. There is no circumstance where someone without a medicle license should have their hands on you at any point. Also, medicle consultations must be performed by licensed individuals and post op care must be performed by licensed individuals. If any of these do not apply to your situation I encourage you to reach out to law enforcement where these felony crimes have been committed. Also, this sounds like it's happening in different states at quick glance. Which would make it an FBI matter. Also this opens up the door for a medicle malpractice suit. 

I also encourage you to write your attorney generals office about the fraud as I'm sure it violates consumer protection acts in your state. Contact the BBB and file a complaint. Reach out to your local municipalities and report the fraud. Also, check into licensing as in the state of virginia a medicle facility must be registered under an active physician. Unless an mso is set up. An mso is expensive and time consuming which may Also be another illegal violation. I'm sure you paid in cash so report them to the IRS. 

2 hours ago, Oxiborick said:

Yeah, I thought about the IRS thing. Was very weird about how they were so gung ho about cash in retrospect.

This was in Nevada which has loose laws about a lot of things so I'm not sure if the violations you mentioned actually occurred there.

Of those laws do apply you'll have the potential for millions in a medicle malpractice case so it may be worth looking into 

• Valued Contributor
On 7/6/2023 at 10:05 PM, Oxiborick said:

I'm in talks with Eugenix and Nader.

By the way guys would it be appropriate to do a Gofundme for the repair and post it here? Was considering it but wasn't sure if such things are allowed. I really got butchered (it looks ridiculous grown out now) and it's going to be somewhat pricey getting it fixed. 

Could you share some pictures?

EDIT: just seen you had shared some from last month. To be fair, you just look like a bloke who is losing his hair. The HT hasn't really made any great deal of difference either way, so that's at least something. You certainly don't look ridiculous by any means.

Edited by Berba11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 11:41 PM, bbow said:

Let me chim in with some useful information in the state of virginia. Which may be useful information for you all. In the State of Virginia a surgery is considered anything that requires human tissue removal or incesions (amongst other things). Under these parameters a hair transplant is indeed a surgery. A surgery must be performed by a licensed physician and is not delegable to anyone not holding a medicile license. The only time a physican can delegate removing grafts or making incesions is to a physicians assistance. The physican must be present during all times unless consent was signed by you that a physican assistant would be performing the work. They must have made it very clear to you what you were signing was the delegation of work. There is no circumstance where someone without a medicle license should have their hands on you at any point. Also, medicle consultations must be performed by licensed individuals and post op care must be performed by licensed individuals. If any of these do not apply to your situation I encourage you to reach out to law enforcement where these felony crimes have been committed. Also, this sounds like it's happening in different states at quick glance. Which would make it an FBI matter. Also this opens up the door for a medicle malpractice suit. 

I also encourage you to write your attorney generals office about the fraud as I'm sure it violates consumer protection acts in your state. Contact the BBB and file a complaint. Reach out to your local municipalities and report the fraud. Also, check into licensing as in the state of virginia a medicle facility must be registered under an active physician. Unless an mso is set up. An mso is expensive and time consuming which may Also be another illegal violation. I'm sure you paid in cash so report them to the IRS. 

Where are you getting this information from? Bosley isn’t owned by a physician. I was able to verify that medical clinics DO NOT have to be owned by a doctor or physician. I own an assisted living home for disabled patients. It’s a state funded business so I’m sorry but that’s not true. I actually was unable to validate anything you said on the virginia board of medicine website. Which is pretty much the end all day all in medical. Can you please share your source of information maybe im wrong im trying to learn. Thank you 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Dingoneedshair said:

Where are you getting this information from? Bosley isn’t owned by a physician. I was able to verify that medical clinics DO NOT have to be owned by a doctor or physician. I own an assisted living home for disabled patients. It’s a state funded business so I’m sorry but that’s not true. I actually was unable to validate anything you said on the virginia board of medicine website. Which is pretty much the end all day all in medical. Can you please share your source of information maybe im wrong im trying to learn. Thank you 

For anyone reading. This is adamadwaga, someone who is connected to Virginia Surgical Center. I banned this person because he’s been trying to defend the clinic and defame their victims. He’s now resorted to creating duplicate accounts to pretend to be a patient himself. But as you can see here, the true colors and motives were shown after a few posts. I verified by the IP.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I am very sorry this happened to you. I think given the level of your hair loss, an FUT would be more appropriate. You may want to look at Hattingen in that case (I am biased as I have had two procedures done there). They do a lot of repairs and are experts in high yield FUT. Another clinic I think does great repair work is Feriduni, maybe add them to the least of clinics you are considering. Either way, I hope you get the result you wanted eventually and I am very impressed with how well you took this. 

• Valued Contributor
On 7/20/2023 at 4:25 AM, Oxiborick said:

My donor area has a few spots that itch like crazy where the grafts were taken out. Is this normal?

@Oxiborick you could walk away from this now. Your hair looks what every person wants and that is a 'natural look.' You just look to me like anyone else that is balding. You could also shave your head and have SMP for the scars. I'm not a doctor but you could get a referral to see a dermatologist and go on oral minoxidil if that's something you would consider. I had two bad punch graft surgeries from when I was 18. Removing those plugs caused me to lose at least two thousand grafts easily. I have a huge head and I'm delighted with my results from Dr Sethi. I'm sure if you are able to use beard hair as an additional donor you could also remedy your situation. The same goes with Dr Pittella. But the best advice I can give you right now is to wait. I know it's frustrating and you feel like you are going nowhere but right now that's exactly what you need. I waited 35 years (though I'm not suggesting this long!!!! Lol) and still got on and lived my life. I refused to let hair loss define me and wore a hair piece for years and had SMP, etc. But I still chose to get on with my life despite hair loss, not because of it. You have a lot of options and every reason to be upbeat. 👌

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@Oxiborick you could walk away from this now. Your hair looks what every person wants and that is a 'natural look.' You just look to me like anyone else that is balding. You could also shave your head and have SMP for the scars. I'm not a doctor but you could get a referral to see a dermatologist and go on oral minoxidil if that's something you would consider. I had two bad punch graft surgeries from when I was 18. Removing those plugs caused me to lose at least two thousand grafts easily. I have a huge head and I'm delighted with my results from Dr Sethi. I'm sure if you are able to use beard hair as an additional donor you could also remedy your situation. The same goes with Dr Pittella. But the best advice I can give you right now is to wait. I know it's frustrating and you feel like you are going nowhere but right now that's exactly what you need. I waited 35 years (though I'm not suggesting this long!!!! Lol) and still got on and lived my life. I refused to let hair loss define me and wore a hair piece for years and had SMP, etc. But I still chose to get on with my life despite hair loss, not because of it. You have a lot of options and every reason to be upbeat. 👌

I'm just happy that I didn't end up with permanent nerve damage or horrible scarring. And I do have like 10% more coverage than before the procedure, along with some finasteride regrowth. Have experimented with Toppik but it only really works in the thick area between the lateral humps, the Norwood 5 band. (It doesn't work because the grafts in the front are so far apart that I just end up with a bunch of Toppik powder on my scalp.) And I won't be getting the repair done until autumn 2024 at the earliest.

Definitely not shaving it though, I tried that once and ended up looking like ET. I'd be better off wearing a wig.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

I am very sorry this happened to you. I think given the level of your hair loss, an FUT would be more appropriate. You may want to look at Hattingen in that case (I am biased as I have had two procedures done there). They do a lot of repairs and are experts in high yield FUT. Another clinic I think does great repair work is Feriduni, maybe add them to the least of clinics you are considering. Either way, I hope you get the result you wanted eventually and I am very impressed with how well you took this. 

Wow, thank you! Very kind. Yeah I think most people in my situation would have (understandably) gone totally ballistic but I was more sad than anything. I also think FUT would be a good idea.

Edited by Oxiborick

Well gang here I am at 10 months. What do you think? Reparable? I know there's no way to know for sure just eyeballing it, but just for fun how many grafts do you fellas think I am going to need for full coverage? I'm guessing 5000. Sound about right?

I was just now looking at some real "after" immediate post-op pictures posted by people on Reddit for some crummy flat-rate ($3600) hair mill in Cancun. Some are happy with what they got, some aren't, but they are all miles better than what I got. If I had gotten grafts like that I would have been thrilled.

20230813_035312.jpg

20230813_035334.jpg

20230813_035537.jpg

20230813_035609.jpg

20230813_035620.jpg

20230813_035753.jpg

20230813_035954.jpg

Imo. this is very bad, but hopefully reparable if you (hopefully) have enough donor left. You need to go to a different doctor though because the yield of those 3000+ grafts was not okay as I see it. caveat: I just read the first few posts and this last one, so I might have missed some context.

Having said that, I also agree with Gatsby that it looks like natural balding. It would have been worse if it had looked unnatural.

Edited by Xanadu

No one can say if it is repairable or not other than a good and ethical hair transplant surgeon. I would advise to wait a few more months. If verteporfin is even 50% the all powerful drug that some belive it to be then it may be a game changer in hair transplants.

Wait a few more months. Your donor has recovered, so it is reparable in that you have enough grafts to give you more coverage if you go to the right clinic. IMO you need to be having FUT for your next procedure, if you have one at all. As others have said, it is not necessary to have another as it looks natural. Sorry again this happened to you.