Say it ain't so.

5 minutes ago, Oxiborick said:

So I'm a week into month four and none of the grafts are growing as far as I can tell. But that's normal, right?

I'm on Propecia plus Rogaine at bedtime.

They can break the surface anytime from month 3 onwards, but for most it’s around month 4 that growth will kick off, can you feel any stubble?

Edited by Pbaird98

7 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

They can break the surface anytime from month 3 onwards, but for most it’s around month 4 that growth will kick off for most, can you feel any stubble?

There are several little stringy hairs on the crown poking through where it used to be smooth bald, but nothing on the front so far. Assuming all the grafts in the crown in the picture on the first page yield, what will it look like grown out? Like I have hair there but it's thin?

22 hours ago, Oxiborick said:

So I'm a week into month four and none of the grafts are growing as far as I can tell. But that's normal, right?

I'm on Propecia plus Rogaine at bedtime.

According to the dates from the first page, it's only been 3 months. Which if so you probably won't notice anything yet

Edited by Spring15

19 hours ago, ThinningIndian said:

Hey OP really sorry to hear about your experience. How is the front and top looking these days?

Lots of very thin stringy hairs sprouting out of the crown. Nothing growing in the front yet. Rest of old surviving hair much thinner because of Rogaine/Propecia shed.

On 12/19/2022 at 5:45 AM, BeHappy said:

Right. That is what I said earlier is what I think probably happened. I said they probably did lot of hole punching to try to get grafts, but not doing a very good job of getting them out intact and so the hair will regrow since it was never removed. Cases like that look horrible right after the procedure because you see all the donor holes, but if the follicle is still there then it will grow back. The only issue you may still have is since there is scarring around growing hair, a Dr may have a harder time getting those grafts out later if/when you do another session.

Is it common for FUE procedures for this to happen? By this, doing a punch in the donor site but 1) not removing the graft because it will not come out without excessive force or 2) attempting to remove but unsuccessful however the follicle still remain in place unharmed because the incision depth did not go all the way down to the follicle (follicle not transected)?

On 1/5/2023 at 5:18 AM, Pbaird98 said:

They can break the surface anytime from month 3 onwards, but for most it’s around month 4 that growth will kick off, can you feel any stubble?

I'm about exactly 2 months from my op and am already seeing what I believe to be hairs sprouting. This is abnormal in a positive way I suppose? 

• Moderators
21 hours ago, nl502c said:

Is it common for FUE procedures for this to happen? By this, doing a punch in the donor site but 1) not removing the graft because it will not come out without excessive force or 2) attempting to remove but unsuccessful however the follicle still remain in place unharmed because the incision depth did not go all the way down to the follicle (follicle not transected)?

There's always going to be some degree of these, but it's going to be much less with better Drs. It depends on skill and how much they actually care to do quality work. For example, a clinic doing multiple HTs  per day and just trying to get them done as fast as possible is probably going to have more issues. It also depends somewhat on punch size. Smaller punches make it harder to get grafts out intact, but this goes along with skill. There is also a factor of the patient physiology. I've seen some patients where the grafts just seem to pop right out on there own and on the other end, some people's donor grafts need to be dug out.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

22 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I'm about exactly 2 months from my op and am already seeing what I believe to be hairs sprouting. This is abnormal in a positive way I suppose? 

I had growth at about 6 weeks. They didn't have the diameter or colouring of mature hairs though...

Everyone is different and there isn't a correlation between when growth starts and the yield, afaik.

00000141-PHOTO-2022-03-08-12-16-08.jpg

9 hours ago, mdg8736 said:

OP - How's your hair looking now days?

Starting to sprout in the front and crown, believe it or not. I figured these clowns managed to kill all my grafts but it looks like some of the poor little guys made it through the ordeal. Like I said a couple posts up, I think the front may end up looking halfway decent as they put enough grafts in that area to complete (somewhat) the thinning front that I already had. Also my donor area has grown back really thick, so I have a fair bit to work with. And I'm responding very well to Rogaine and Propecia as I always do. Just now found out about oral minoxidil, which apparently works even better than topical, and I'll be asking my doctor about it soon.

I will post pictures of all this here in a month or two when there's really something to see. I appreciate everyone's support through this whole ordeal; the psychological aspects of it were the worst and you guys helped with that immensely.

Edited by Oxiborick

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 1:18 AM, Spring15 said:

Been over 4 months now - should be some hairs sprouting 

There have been, yes. It looks like the front might turn out halfway decent.

Also the donor area has grown back extremely thick. Like, it looks like no grafts were taken out of it at all. Seems that most of the "grafts" taken out were transections that grew back.

Will post photos when I get a minute.

By the way the more I hear about Eugenix the more excited I get. You think they'd be willing to take me on? What are their wait times like?

Also oral minoxidil sounds pretty amazing. Think I might get that because I've been on oral finasteride and topical minoxidil since the operation. 

28 minutes ago, Oxiborick said:

By the way the more I hear about Eugenix the more excited I get. You think they'd be willing to take me on? What are their wait times like?

Also oral minoxidil sounds pretty amazing. Think I might get that because I've been on oral finasteride and topical minoxidil since the operation. 

Eugenix in my opinion take on a large variety of cases. I'm 100% positive they would accept you as a candidate.

If you start Oral Minoxidil, you should take in 2.5mg or 5mg.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

31 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Eugenix in my opinion take on a large variety of cases. I'm 100% positive they would accept you as a candidate.

If you start Oral Minoxidil, you should take in 2.5mg or 5mg.

That's good to hear. I respond REALLY well to minoxidil and Propecia, too, so this oral version intrigues me. Apparently it works better than topical. Looking into Dr. Nader as it would be very convenient and easy for me to get to his place. He already told me that I was a good repair candidate.

Wonder if I should try to finish off McTyre's "career" or if I should just forget about it lol. I'm thinking about siccing the Reddit HT forums on him. 🤣

I really don't appreciate being conned and butchered like this. Having trouble just letting it go...

Edited by Oxiborick

37 minutes ago, Oxiborick said:

That's good to hear. I respond REALLY well to minoxidil and Propecia, too, so this oral version intrigues me. Apparently it works better than topical. Looking into Dr. Nader as it would be very convenient and easy for me to get to his place. He already told me that I was a good repair candidate.

Wonder if I should try to finish off McTyre's "career" or if I should just forget about it lol. I'm thinking about siccing the Reddit HT forums on him. 🤣

I really don't appreciate being conned and butchered like this. Having trouble just letting it go...

It does work better than the topical. Oral Minoxidil is one of the strongest and most effecient medications you can be on and will improve not only the recipient area, but also the donor area.

Dr Nader has some of the most impressive results I've seen. Definitely a great choice, his most impressive one in my opinion was Guy73 on this forum.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Oxiborick said:

Got my first HT haircut. Donor area looks thicker than I anticipated. Will post photos as soon as I can get someone to take them.

Glad you’re doing ok. Please do update with some photos!

6 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Glad you’re doing ok. Please do update with some photos!

It's growing in but stringy, with the hairs kinda far apart from one another. But the grafts are yielding! That's nothing short of a miracle given the circumstances.

By the way, the new hairs don't all start sprouting at once, right? The way it is now in the front, it's only really growing in on one side so far. But the other hairs can start growing later... right? I'm almost at 5 months now.

• Like 1