Say it ain't so.

My friend, im sorry this happened to you,  please don’t take it the wrong way but what’s the matter with you?

these bozos mess up with your head, lie to you after the fact, and finally dismiss you and you are going to let that slide without mentioning the name of the Clinic and Dr???

I hope you tell us their name so everyone here knows who they really are so this cant happen to the next guy

• Like 4

7 hours ago, kwestmke said:

My friend, im sorry this happened to you,  please don’t take it the wrong way but what’s the matter with you?

I hate drama, that's what the matter with me. Haha, sorry. I just kind of want to forget all this.

I just wanted to stop being bald, I didn't expect this whole thing to turn into a mind-raping experience.

I'll definitely consider naming them though. Let me think about it.

17 hours ago, Oxiborick said:

You've received a lot of support from this forum since you first posted.

In the last 22 days since you posted, your clinic could've done another 22 surgeries and you could've helped these poor souls from enduring a world of pain. They are now without their money, results and are no doubt planning follow up surgeries to rectify their botched HTs. 

If you won't do it for yourself, please do it for that person who happens to stumble upon this forum before their surgery with your clinic and help prevent them from making the biggest mistake of their life.

Edited by AndyDouglas
  • Like 11

19 hours ago, Oxiborick said:

I hate drama, that's what the matter with me. Haha, sorry. I just kind of want to forget all this.

I just wanted to stop being bald, I didn't expect this whole thing to turn into a mind-raping experience.

If someone would spit on your wife would you just let it go and then go eat a sandwich and think about it because you hate drama?

Again my friend, please don’t take it the wrong way, grow a pair.

• Like 2

Your will to do the good is wholesome but I think you got it wrong here. 

Moral compass is not correct if you don't out scammers. They will hurt other people that could be warned. The net result is negative for everyone. You don't need to be the sacrificed hero at all.

Of course, its up to you and respectable if you dont mention it. But I hope you analyze it from a rational standpoint and not emotional.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Your will to do the good is wholesome but I think you got it wrong here. 

Moral compass is not correct if you don't out scammers. They will hurt other people that could be warned. The net result is negative for everyone. You don't need to be the sacrificed hero at all.

Of course, its up to you and respectable if you dont mention it. But I hope you analyze it from a rational standpoint and not emotional.

I agre. This "I won't snitch", is not being moral - rather the opposite.

• Like 1

Man I feel for you, best advice is to go ahead and take a stand with this. If you think a refund is possible go get it. That's doubtful but if possible get it. Then plan for an actual proper HT by using this forum and combing through results and options that exist here. Great folks on this forum and you'll be helped in the process of researching. I think naming the clinic is a must, think of it like this... if were you happy with results so far, you'd likely no issue with naming them. It's an issue because of these results. That has nothing to do with you, this is the clinics deal and you'd potentially be helping and doing a solid to many folks researching this procedure by giving them yet another result to consider.

• Administrators

Guys,

While I can appreciate everyone wanting him to name the clinic, pressuring and trying to shame him into it, isn’t helping.

Everyone is free to do what they please. We should respect that and give him space. The more we push, the less likely he is to do it. Let him come to terms with it and I’m sure he’ll do it on his own. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

While I can appreciate everyone wanting him to name the clinic, pressuring and trying to shame him into it, isn’t helping.

Everyone is free to do what they please. We should respect that and give him space. The more we push, the less likely he is to do it. Let him come to terms with it and I’m sure he’ll do it on his own. 

love this.

Reading that """doctors""" took advantage of a guy with autism is such a disgrace

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Yeah if you don't name the clinic its okay. You don't have to. I think what most people actually want is to support you and help you with the part you seem to not be able to handle.

Whatever you do, we will support it 👌

We want to help him, but we also want to help others avoid his mistake. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

I'm sure he will not.

And either way in the end, you can not fairly fault a person for choosing not to speak. We can denounce evil speech but not silence, when the universe is all over.

Edited by general-etwan

12 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Yeah if you don't name the clinic its okay. You don't have to. I think what most people actually want is to support you and help you with the part you seem to not be able to handle.

Whatever you do, we will support it 👌

Naturally he is free to choose to reveal the name or not, but I disagree in supporting someone passively accepting a being a “victim” of a botched procedure

This forum offers a lot of valuable info and he could add a lot to it by stepping up and take it personal responsibility by exposing that quack that calls himself a dr, and in doing so helping countless of other future patients avoid going through a similar experience

The reason why drs with no skill keep working besides the lack of due diligence by many patients, is because those who go through an unsuccessful procedure don’t reveal the clinic and dr

2 hours ago, kwestmke said:

Naturally he is free to choose to reveal the name or not, but I disagree in supporting someone passively accepting a being a “victim” of a botched procedure

This forum offers a lot of valuable info and he could add a lot to it by stepping up and take it personal responsibility by exposing that quack that calls himself a dr, and in doing so helping countless of other future patients avoid going through a similar experience

The reason why drs with no skill keep working besides the lack of due diligence by many patients, is because those who go through an unsuccessful procedure don’t reveal the clinic and dr

He already explained he has autism - I have people in my family with ASD and I can tell you this type of situation (dealing with an uncomfortable social interaction that requires conflict) could be even more traumatic than the botched surgery itself. 

Lets just let him do wtf he wants. He already understood it would be better if he does i'd say!

Edited by WhereIsMyMind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

He already explained he has autism - I have people in my family with ASD and I can tell you this type of situation (dealing with an uncomfortable social interaction that requires conflict) could be even more traumatic than the botched surgery itself. 

Yeah this haha. I have no idea how to navigate this mentally. Sometimes when I think about it I just freeze up and literally can't do anything.

I will name them soon guys, just give me some time to mentally work things out. Psychologically it's been absolute hell, way worse than the botch transplant itself, which can be fixed rather easily according to Dr. Nader and some others. 

Years of therapeutic interventions are now allowing me in my early 40s to socialize almost like a normal person and I thought that getting rid of my quite frankly ugly baldness would make this even easier. Ugh.

Edited by Oxiborick
  • Like 3

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Oxiborick said:

Yeah this haha. I have no idea how to navigate this mentally. Sometimes when I think about it I just freeze up and literally can't do anything.

I will name them soon guys, just give me some time to mentally work things out. Psychologically it's been absolute hell, way worse than the botch transplant itself, which can be fixed rather easily according to Dr. Nader and some others. 

Years of therapeutic interventions are now allowing me in my early 40s to socialize almost like a normal person and I thought that getting rid of my quite frankly ugly baldness would make this even easier. Ugh.

I think the main thing to remember here is that the transplant is done, and that you likely have absolutely zero chance of getting a refund or any kind of legal action taken against the clinic for the work they've done. So as far as any disputes, interactions or drama with the clinic goes... Just sever all ties & communication with them and move on. It sounds like this approach may take a bit of pressure off of you in any case if navigating a dispute is difficult for you on a social level (and to be honest, we all find that difficult - it's genuinely not easy!). You mentioned that you'd not paid the surgery amount in full... Good! I wouldn't give them a penny more. The work is objectively terrible (but probably fixable - keep your eyes on the prize!) and they've showed no interest in your concerns about the work, which are clearly legitimate. It's also good that you've sought out some other surgeons for their feedback. Want you want to do is get in writing the issues that proper surgeons (like Nadar) are seeing. You can then keep their expert opinions as an ace up your sleeve if your Dr starts querying why you're not paying the rest of the surgery cost.

As far as naming the clinic goes... Nothing will happen once you do (other than we'll all be better informed about who to avoid going to), so if you're worried that this would somehow stir up drama, there's nothing to worry about there. But without wanting to add pressure, the sooner people who browse and lurk on these forums know, the better...

Lastly, everyone here is on your side, so whilst you're navigating and coming to terms with both the work that's been done, the feelings of betrayal by the clinic who you felt were friendly and of course future corrective work, do keep us all up to date and pool the collective wisdom of the forum frequently. The great thing about this community is that it means you won't have to go through the next steps of the journey alone :)

• Like 3

Well fellas here's the "clinic." Please don't screech at me for falling for this; I didn't really know what I was doing and I already feel terrible and depressed about everything. I really, really, really don't like drama and don't handle it well. It makes me "shut down." (Remember the autism.)

https://www.regrowhairsouthwest.com/

Someone is actually telling me over PM that I wouldn't even be a good candidate for another transplant and should just shave my head. I look ridiculous with a shaved head. Now I'm really pissed.

Edited by Oxiborick
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Oxiborick said:

Well fellas here's the "clinic." Please don't screech at me for falling for this; I didn't really know what I was doing and I already feel terrible and depressed about everything. I really, really, really don't like drama and don't handle it well. It makes me "shut down." (Remember the autism.)

Someone is actually telling me over PM that I wouldn't even be a good candidate for another transplant and should just shave my head. I look ridiculous with a shaved head. Now I'm really pissed.

Don't feel too bad about your decision, lots of guys on here have made the mistake of choosing a less than reputable clinic. The entire purpose of the forum is to help guys not make that mistake and their is a ton of good educational material here for you to learn before you decide whether you want another HT

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oxiborick said:

Report that person to @Melvin- Moderator and they should be reprimanded if that's what they've said.

Thank you for having posted the name and i said this before OP but what is done, is done. Please concentrate on your recovery and in 12-18 months time or however long you need, you can feel free to come back here and seek help in finding a solution to any issues you might have. The good apples on here will always help you. 

There's literally no reason anybody should be giving you any grief whatsoever given your specific situation. Thank you for feeling brave enough to share your story and seek help here. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Report that person to @Melvin- Moderator and they should be reprimanded if that's what they've said.

Thank you for having posted the name and i said this before OP but what is done, is done. Please concentrate on your recovery and in 12-18 months time or however long you need, you can feel free to come back here and seek help in finding a solution to any issues you might have. The good apples on here will always help you. 

There's literally no reason anybody should be giving you any grief whatsoever given your specific situation. Thank you for feeling brave enough to share your story and seek help here. 

I was the one who said he wasn't a good candidate for HT. That isn't to say he can't get an aesthetic improvement from HT's but he seems destined for NW7 and already has had this donor eaten into. You've been around here long enough to appreciate the concept of donor scarcity, so I'm not sure why you feel the way you do. Not everyone is a good candidate for HT

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 2

Tough situtaion but I am hopeful for you Oxiborick, I think the next steps are research and get with a solid surgeo/ clinic and explore your options. Rough road right now but it'll get better and you'll get it sorted. Hang in there bud.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Oxiborick said:

Oxiborick I don't think the person meant you ill will over pm. Perhaps he just doesn't want you to spend a lot of time and money to not have your expectations met over what is possible given your donor capacity.

The clinic is what it is, I saw the pictures in their gallery and if those were some of their average results then I can't blame you for giving them a try.

The problem is this industry is filled with deceit and risk, and the people who get good results at random clinics such as this are more the lucky exceptions rather than the rule.

• Like 2