Say it ain't so.

55 minutes ago, Oxiborick said:

Well fellas here's the "clinic." Please don't screech at me for falling for this; I didn't really know what I was doing and I already feel terrible and depressed about everything. I really, really, really don't like drama and don't handle it well. It makes me "shut down." (Remember the autism.)

https://www.regrowhairsouthwest.com/

Someone is actually telling me over PM that I wouldn't even be a good candidate for another transplant and should just shave my head. I look ridiculous with a shaved head. Now I'm really pissed.

Good for you for exposing them

Hope you workout out your situation

25 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I was the one who said he wasn't a good candidate for HT. That isn't to say he can't get an aesthetic improvement from HT's but he seems destined for NW7 and already has had this donor eaten into. You've been around here long enough to appreciate the concept of donor scarcity, so I'm not sure why you feel the way you do. Not everyone is a good candidate for HT

Yeah guys it's fine, I appreciated the advice.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Happy New Hair said:

2 nights in a penthouse suite overlooking the Vegas strip …. The only part that sounds appealing ….

No wonder they reel people in 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's odd. I got a nice hotel room but it wasn't a penthouse suite overlooking the Vegas Strip.

I lived in Las Vegas and these guys seemed really nice when I visited so I thought it would be great to support an American clinic in my own city instead of going abroad, as their whole thing is offering a low rate to compete with foreign clinics.

9 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Oxiborick I don't think the person meant you ill will over pm. Perhaps he just doesn't want you to spend a lot of time and money to not have your expectations met over what is possible given your donor capacity.

I don't understand where you guys got the idea that I was offended by that; it was just one opinion in a friendly PM chat.

It is nice to hear the potential bad things rather than sugarcoating everything so that I am realistic about it.

Edited by Oxiborick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Oxiborick said:

Well fellas here's the "clinic." Please don't screech at me for falling for this; I didn't really know what I was doing and I already feel terrible and depressed about everything. I really, really, really don't like drama and don't handle it well. It makes me "shut down." (Remember the autism.)

https://www.regrowhairsouthwest.com/

Someone is actually telling me over PM that I wouldn't even be a good candidate for another transplant and should just shave my head. I look ridiculous with a shaved head. Now I'm really pissed.

Its okay, there's no drama for you left here. They already collected your money and forgot about you.

Let us do the rest 👿

As for your future, please talk with a reputable repair surgeon instead of trusting random internet people blindly. I honestly think your case is very complicated, but if you have any options for beard or body hair it could be improved a lot.

Good, reputable and honest doctor will tell you straight away if its worth it or not. They reject people everyday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

The clinic is what it is, I saw the pictures in their gallery and if those were some of their average results then I can't blame you for giving them a try.

Yeah I thought if there were imperfections in it I could just get some finishing touches put on after having had a 3800-graft "base" put in place by them. I didn't expect them to lose half of the grafts somehow. That was just unreal. Even in "bad hair transplant" horror stories I saw on the internet I never ran into any that said the clinic lost half the grafts.

• Like 1

The example pictures in their websites are miles away of what they done to you, they actually look "decent". I still think what happened in your case is they somehow killed all your extracted follicles and tried to cover it.

Or, they just stole the pictures and not real. 

Edited by WhereIsMyMind
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

The example pictures in their websites are miles away of what they done to you, they actually look "decent". I still think what happened in your case is they somehow killed all your extracted follicles and tried to cover it.

Yeh like a lot of other clinics, probably stolen from elsewhere or enhanced.. agree they don’t look anything special but maybe passable in terms of being marketable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Yeah I'm not sure about killing all of them as they did place 1500~2000. 

One of the reasons I figured the pictures were real is because they were merely "decent" and not super amazing unrealistic results. I'm an idiot, lol.

6.jpg

This one looks quite fake tbh. They dont even mention graft used in any picture. I dont think I have ever seen these results even by elite doctor in such a big crown area lol. The hair texture seems like another person in fact.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

6.jpg

This one looks quite fake tbh. They dont even mention graft used in any picture. I dont think I have ever seen these results even by elite doctor in such a big crown area lol

Oh god that's the one picture I was really impressed by... Jeezus H. Christ do your research people, you don't want to be me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

From here on in you’re going to be much better informed, so many members here also started out with a sub par procedure. 

Looking at that picture and thinking about what you said, I think that's actually a wig or "hair system" or something?

2 minutes ago, Oxiborick said:

Looking at that picture and thinking about what you said, I think that's actually a wig or "hair system" or something?

As @WhereIsMyMindalluded too, it could be a different person, this tactic is just one of many used for marketing. One of my first posts here I called out a result which was a guy who had full growth at just a few months, he said the clinic got the timeline wrong lol same result and at least 3 clinics all posting the same pics, oh and very different graft counts each time.. Who knows where the pics originated from or how real they were. 
We see clinics using elite results from decent Drs and trying to pass them off as their own. 
One guys results I saw he managed to change ethnicity 😬 

35 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

6.jpg

This one looks quite fake tbh. They dont even mention graft used in any picture. I dont think I have ever seen these results even by elite doctor in such a big crown area lol. The hair texture seems like another person in fact.

It’s a rather simple technique actually, the man on the left is Ramon, the one on the right is Mario

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I didn't see any Dr mentioned on their web site. They advertise $2 per graft for FUE. This sounds alot like another clinic in Colorado (I think) where someone here had a horrible experience and had to get a repair. I wish I could remember the name. I'm looking at Colorado Hair Institute and I'm thinking that may be it, just renamed and maybe relocated, but it may be another one. Anyone out there remember who it was who had $2 per graft done and I think had large plug grafts?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

10 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

I didn't see any Dr mentioned on their web site. They advertise $2 per graft for FUE. This sounds alot like another clinic in Colorado (I think) where someone here had a horrible experience and had to get a repair. I wish I could remember the name. I'm looking at Colorado Hair Institute and I'm thinking that may be it, just renamed and maybe relocated, but it may be another one. Anyone out there remember who it was who had $2 per graft done and I think had large plug grafts?

@BeHappy Are you thinking of this one:

Edited by Pbaird98

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

Are you thinking of this one:

Yes! that's the one. Thanks. Yeah @Sanjar41. I couldn't remember the screen name. Thanks. I'm wondering if it's the same people running both. I specifically remember it was $2 per graft. That's why I'm thinking it may be the same people involved. They just close up one clinic once they get bad ratings and open another one with a different name. That's what the first clinic I went to did several times. Every few years they would change their name.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

15 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

@BeHappy Are you thinking of this one:

Wow reading that first post has me in hysterics. I hate to laugh because it's tragic but.. 

"...even he didn't perform the surgery and he left the clinic early and left me with a very scary and unfriendly tech ( her name was Catherine ) and when I said where is the doctor and I'm not happy, she left the room too! Just imagine trapped in the middle of procedure and bleeding ... and she didn't come back until I apologized.it was so scary experience and it was like I'm one of the victims in SAW movie."

Couldn't even imagine what this poor guy felt like having the Dr abandon him and then the tech abandon him, only to return after having apologized for what must have been some perceived fault. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Wow reading that first post has me in hysterics. I hate to laugh because it's tragic but.. 

"...even he didn't perform the surgery and he left the clinic early and left me with a very scary and unfriendly tech ( her name was Catherine ) and when I said where is the doctor and I'm not happy, she left the room too! Just imagine trapped in the middle of procedure and bleeding ... and she didn't come back until I apologized.it was so scary experience and it was like I'm one of the victims in SAW movie."

What stands out on that thread is the lengths that the obvious person working on behalf of the clinic (DD214) went too defend them, thankfully we don’t see that kind of behaviour on @Oxiborickthread, we all agree it’s poor work and nobody is here shilling. 

• Wow 1