Say it ain't so.

• 1 month later...

OK this is funny. If I use a ton of Toppik and come it through evenly, I can sort of salvage my hair and come somewhat close to looking like I got a real hair Transplant. How would it look if I combined the Toppik with oral Minoxidil, I wonder? 

20231103_110028.jpg

20231103_110004.jpg

20231103_105956.jpg

20231103_105942.jpg

On 11/4/2023 at 9:56 AM, Spring15 said:

It's very thin still. I'd opt for a second transplant, different clinic obviously. Oral minoxidil works great for some people anecdotally, not sure if you're on finasteride or not

I'm actually talking to a couple surgeons about a free repair. People are pretty appalled by what happened to me. It's really amazing how decent and ethical some of the best hair transplant doctors are, and how they fight against people who give the industry a bad name. Anyone who does a free hair transplant is basically a saint in my book. I'll keep you fellas posted.

Edited by Oxiborick
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Okay this is old but I was looking over some old correspondences with these people and they actually tried to explain the lack of grafts in my pictures by saying, and I quote, "some grafts sink in".

Just thought that was hilariously stupid and decided to pass it along to you guys hahaha.

"some grafts sink in" 🤣

Edited by Oxiborick

• 1 month later...

I am a newbie to this site but had lots of Bosley plugs in the 80's and then 2 FUT's to fix up and get rid of the pluggy look since then.  Have to go with FUE because back of my head is so beat-up now.  Has anyone recently used regrowhairsouthwest.com in Vegas lately - as in 2023?  I read all of these posts and at $2.00 per graft, clearly there is no comfort level in any of this.  The pictures posted show really amateur work and I agree that what was taken out was not put back into the guy's scalp.  Advice and more comments are truly welcome!  Also did anyone in Vegas ever use Abrams who uses the "machine" in the transplant process?  Lots of online reviews say stay totally away from that thing!  Or any other Vegas docs to do the FUE procedure?  Thanks!

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, OldGuyWithHair said:

I am a newbie to this site but had lots of Bosley plugs in the 80's and then 2 FUT's to fix up and get rid of the pluggy look since then.  Have to go with FUE because back of my head is so beat-up now.  Has anyone recently used regrowhairsouthwest.com in Vegas lately - as in 2023?  I read all of these posts and at $2.00 per graft, clearly there is no comfort level in any of this.  The pictures posted show really amateur work and I agree that what was taken out was not put back into the guy's scalp.  Advice and more comments are truly welcome!  Also did anyone in Vegas ever use Abrams who uses the "machine" in the transplant process?  Lots of online reviews say stay totally away from that thing!  Or any other Vegas docs to do the FUE procedure?  Thanks!

Hey @OldGuyWithHair it might be best to start your own thread. I was in the same boat as yourself. Plugs from the mid 80's and scar repairs for another six years. When you are at this point you unfortunately can't afford to be focused on budgets, etc. You have to look at surgeons who are excellent in repairs with lots of results to show from patients or else it's probably best to just move on if you can. All the best. 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello.  I am new to these postings, but came here to find input on Regrow in Nevada.  I saw Oxiborick's thread and the half-assed job they did on him, and I followed the thread.  Wow!  I am so glad I avoided that bullet.  But as I read further and further into the story, about that McTyre guy, his wife, and the shell games they were playing with past clinics, I thought, "Ohhh wow, that sounds EXACTLY like a husband and wife team out in Michigan during the 1990's."  And the name even sounded similar:   ReGAIN (this was back when Rogaine was always in the news).  They were primarily peddling hairpieces, and didn't give a flying eff about their clients. (Their sales people would wear lab coats and introduce themselves as "I am the Resident Trichologist, and...."  Meanwhile, they were nothing more than rummies off the street.   A few of their defecting workers would tell the stories about how, after enough lawsuits would accumulate, they would dissolve the LLC, start up a new one and be on their way doing the same thing!   After reading this thread, I seriously wondered if they hadn't moved out of state and started into the surgery end of the swindle-job.  It's so similar!    So there's that.    But also, what clinics are recommended here?  I am a Norwood 5, had 2 FUT's in the past (making me a Norwood 5 instead of 7) and am looking for coverage on my top and back via an FUE, possibly with a BHT.  I have been told I need 2000 grafts to cover the remaining bald area.  Not opposed to flying to Mexico or Turkey.  I've also been looking at that Dr. Alba Reyes in the Dominican Republic.  Any insight on her?    THANK YOU! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I removed all of the recent posts arguing back and forth. I am not going to allow that here. However I am going to reply to a couple of items as I think it directly pertains to this thread.

Thanks to you I some research, found out Colorado has nothing to do with the clinic in Las Vegas.

I was directed to this site/blog by a patient who informed us that there was some unjustified slander and defamation going on against ReGrow in Las Vegas.

First you say you did some research and claim the Colorado clinic has nothing to do with the Las Vegas clinic. Then you claim to actually work at the Las Vegas clinic. The web site clearly lists both locations ( I checked the website myself to be sure), so to say you had to do research to know that is totally ridiculous. To also claim that you are not affiliated when your own web site shows you are is again ridiculous. I'm pointing this out so anyone who happens to read this doing any research on these clinics can see the blatant lies being done by them.

To claim it's unjustified slander, well just take a look at the OPs surgery pictures. Everyone can decide for themselves whether it's justified or whether it's slander.

I don't want to see any more of this nonsense here. I dealt with this kind of thing myself years ago when the company I went to kept changing names and claiming they weren't connected with their previous company.

• Like 4

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

I removed all of the recent posts arguing back and forth. I am not going to allow that here. However I am going to reply to a couple of items as I think it directly pertains to this thread.

First you say you did some research and claim the Colorado clinic has nothing to do with the Las Vegas clinic. Then you claim to actually work at the Las Vegas clinic. The web site clearly lists both locations ( I checked the website myself to be sure), so to say you had to do research to know that is totally ridiculous. To also claim that you are not affiliated when your own web site shows you are is again ridiculous. I'm pointing this out so anyone who happens to read this doing any research on these clinics can see the blatant lies being done by them.

To claim it's unjustified slander, well just take a look at the OPs surgery pictures. Everyone can decide for themselves whether it's justified or whether it's slander.

I don't want to see any more of this nonsense here. I dealt with this kind of thing myself years ago when the company I went to kept changing names and claiming they weren't connected with their previous company.

Apologies and appreciate you breaking it down to the bare point of how deceitful this business is. Seeing this man come back in my life threatening and attacking me after the trauma he put me through years ago struck a nerve and I'm not dealing with his bullying, he feeds on people submitting to his threats. I'm not giving him that satisfaction.

But I digress. I was mainly hoping other victims would see he's all bark and no bite with his legal threats. I want other victims to feel comfortable coming forward. I've talked to dozens of people scared to share their experience because of litigation threats, harassment, and bullying.

Edited by Dzl210