Top 5 Hair Transplant Doctors & Bottom 3 Hair Mills, 2022 Edition

1 minute ago, BaldBobby said:

happens with every clinic

It's the donor management that concerned me in the bad cases I've seen, sometimes growth is out of the surgeon's hands, but donor management isn't. Again I'm not hating on eugenix, think they're doing good work and really like Dr. Sethi's enthusiasm and personality, but just being balanced with my views on what I see. 

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

Eugenix are great generally, and when they're good, they're really good, but it does have a cult-like feel about it. It's weird.

And the case(s) with the botched donor I saw was indicative of lack of care, which probably is way more likely to occur with their lower packages.

Edited by Aslitarcan sucks
  • Like 1

I don't think I'd call Eugenix a hairmill. But they are high volume. And yes there is a bit of group think around the clinic, as well. Not entirely undeserving. The reason they wouldn't be in my top 10 would be that they are viewed at the standard delivered by Dr. Sethi, who I think is excellent. However, most of the cases are not performed by him. If he's the benchmark, how many of the patients meet that level? 

Same could be said for HLC. I think the best results are coming from a few of the doctors, but not all are hitting that level. They wouldn't make my top 10 either. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Adier said:

@sukh123It's called having an opinion. And i based my opinion with the reasons i mentioned in my post. You are free to disagree.

Yeh but your reasons don't make sense with all due respect, you cite it on cultural reasoning and the fact that they cater for Indians and the west. All clinics cater to clientele around the world lol

Edited by sukh123

• Administrators

Guys,

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. We can agree to disagree. Anyway, there are world class surgeons all over the world, there’s no definitive list, and every list is subjective. Rather than focus on “the best” which again will vary from person to person. Let’s focus on the clinics that ruin lives and scalps.  

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

They happen to be recent and coincide with their large expansion and heavy case load.  So, it seems that the quantity has decreased the quality.

I hope this isn’t true. I am due a complex HT with @Eugenix Hair Sciencein the coming weeks and hope the quality is still there! I have opted for the comprehensive package so i’m guessing my results will answer many questions for prospective patients fron the UK, US and other western countries. I have seen enough quality to have chosen this clinic and therefore would put them in the top 5, but does that include the cheaper packages?? I guess “Time will tell!”

5 hours ago, Vann said:

I dont know about that. There have been a few cases lately where they have dropped the ball. But from my understanding is that some of the cases were already difficult to begin with (for Eugenix). While H&W have just dropped the ball in terms of response and outcomes for one of the recent patients I have seen. But overall I think they have a good track record. 

I definitely wouldnt call either of them a hair mill.

Who exactly didn't get a good outcome? I don't think I've ever seen a bad outcome from them. I saw one where there was a disconnect from patient's expectations, but I sided with H&W on that one. Was it something like a poor yield? Or something that would need an expected touch up?

When someone says hairmill I think of place where there is no outward facing doctor, like Bosley. H&W doesn't fit that definition. I am aware that they handle multiple patients in a day, but they are qualified for that capacity as they have the largest technician team. Dr Konior deferred to them as being the best for large sessions for that reason. And Wong said he would put up his top technicians against most of the top surgeons in the world and even said some are better at extractions than he is.

Edited by Jon2345

I feel that most people's top 10 list is biased towards doctors who tend to go for more density and youthful looking hairlines. And that makes sense, more density looks good, has better aesthetics, and tends to get more buzz. 

In my searching, I've been focusing on different criteria. For me, being biased towards more conservative approaches is a plus for me, it shows that they are thinking about the long term rather than flashy results (not that anyone else is particularly thinking about flashy results). I am also looking at how they handle repairs, as this is a harder case in transplants. 

Two who have stuck out as of recently for me is Timothy Carmen and Cooley. Maybe they don't have the 'oh wow!' factors in their results as much as others, but they do great, really natural looking results with fewer grafts. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jon2345 said:

Who exactly didn't get a good outcome? I don't think I've ever seen a bad outcome from them. I saw one where there was a disconnect from patient's expectations, but I sided with H&W on that one. Was it something like a poor yield? Or something that would need an expected touch up?

When someone says hairmill I think of place where there is no outward facing doctor, like Bosley. H&W doesn't fit that definition. I am aware that they handle multiple patients in a day, but they are qualified for that capacity as they have the largest technician team. Dr Konior deferred to them as being the best for large sessions for that reason. And Wong said he would put up his top technicians against most of the top surgeons in the world and even said some are better at extractions than he is.

There were a few I have seen. I don’t remember by who exsctly but one had poor communication between the patient and clinic. They completely got his charts wrong, wrong graft amounts, and the level of detail did not match what they had described. It just seems too soppy and disorganized.

another case being an FUT that was cut slightly bigger than requested and it’s weird that they charged for I believe was 1-300 grafts extra when it wasn’t discussed. It’s not like they would want someone to throw their precious grafts away but the disregard for it kinda rubbed me the wrong way when reading that and a few others chimed in about it. Plus their results were a bit under in my opinion but I am not saying H&W are w bad clinic. Just the most recent cases I have seen by them were way below than what I would’ve expected from them. 

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

17 minutes ago, HairRun said:

I feel that most people's top 10 list is biased towards doctors who tend to go for more density and youthful looking hairlines. And that makes sense, more density looks good, has better aesthetics, and tends to get more buzz. 

In my searching, I've been focusing on different criteria. For me, being biased towards more conservative approaches is a plus for me, it shows that they are thinking about the long term rather than flashy results (not that anyone else is particularly thinking about flashy results). I am also looking at how they handle repairs, as this is a harder case in transplants. 

Two who have stuck out as of recently for me is Timothy Carmen and Cooley. Maybe they don't have the 'oh wow!' factors in their results as much as others, but they do great, really natural looking results with fewer grafts. 

Good point certainly understandable.  The thing is , not all NW6-7 want a hairline that starts at midscalp. The surgens that excell in beard grafts overcame this issue, beard has 2-3k grafts, with proper placement they add greater density, & allow for more creative freedom, inmo, conservatism in HT has evolved . 

1 hour ago, ahmed9500 said:

I hope this isn’t true. I am due a complex HT with @Eugenix Hair Sciencein the coming weeks and hope the quality is still there! I have opted for the comprehensive package so i’m guessing my results will answer many questions for prospective patients fron the UK, US and other western countries. I have seen enough quality to have chosen this clinic and therefore would put them in the top 5, but does that include the cheaper packages?? I guess “Time will tell!”

The best results have been from dr Pradeep sethi, those are the ones that I’ve have seen that have been good and hence why he the most expensive 

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

I'm biased I realise by my own surgery but I feel Eugenix would be at the top of the list for me. Just by the sheer volume of excellent results shared over the years (especially on YouTube). Their repair cases, temple point work and Norwood 6/7 results are second to none!

• Like 1

Hair mills and their associates should be put in jail for a lifetime, I was scammed by local rep that the owner of Arenamed is a real M.D doctor, I will have my hearing trial with the rep on this December.

Unfortunately sometimes hair mills inflict heavy severe damages that no doctor can repair, I was luckily and it was pretty complicated my 2 repair procedures and I am happy now, but please do not ever consider to go to hair mills just to save money.

• Like 6

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read in a long time. Obviously, you’re trolling and failing. 

I'm new to this forum and can tell he just trolls and tbh this is not needed on this forum, because genuine people like myself use this for informed discussion and honest accounts

10 hours ago, Hope everything is nova said:

Eugenix and Hasson & Wong are hairmills. 

Honestly who are you ? I just think your here to troll a lot. You said you had your hair transplant in Colorado, but on some other post through me researching clinics you were like I'm going hlc, but then backtracked saying you're thinking not to a week before your supposed procedure. I dont think you were ever going to go there and just trolling which is not needed on this forum. Calling out eugenix and hasson and wong as hair mills is wrong too considering alot of people use this place for information and they are in fact the better clinics to go too 

Edited by sukh123

Top Five HT Doctors*

1) Couto

2) Zarev

3) De Freitas

4) Bicer ( kind of bias because I'm going to her but great value for the price )

5) Demirsoy - best value low cost

*You can make a second list of five, separating them out by FUE and FUT, if you think it'll add clarity.  

Bottom Three Butchers

1) Any New Zealand surgeon

2) Any Australian surgeon

3) Most UK surgeons

First two countries charge top European surgeon prices with Turkey hair mill results. UK is just average from what I've seen

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Vann said:

There were a few I have seen. I don’t remember by who exsctly but one had poor communication between the patient and clinic. They completely got his charts wrong, wrong graft amounts, and the level of detail did not match what they had described. It just seems too soppy and disorganized.

another case being an FUT that was cut slightly bigger than requested and it’s weird that they charged for I believe was 1-300 grafts extra when it wasn’t discussed. It’s not like they would want someone to throw their precious grafts away but the disregard for it kinda rubbed me the wrong way when reading that and a few others chimed in about it. Plus their results were a bit under in my opinion but I am not saying H&W are w bad clinic. Just the most recent cases I have seen by them were way below than what I would’ve expected from them. 

I'm trying to find the 2nd on, the 1300 extra fut. Do you remember any other details I can look up?

"Just the most recent cases I have seen by them were way below than what I would’ve expected from them. "

In what way? Yeild? Aesthetics?

Listing them out by last name (because I don't think these is a best, but these are favorites) and based on what I've seen on this forum + other language specific forums:

• Bisanga -- repair king (could easily be Mwamba too)
  • Couto -- just stunning results, esp. Mediterranean men
  • Hattingen -- way slept on, brilliant FUT + FUE
  • Konior -- achieves incredible results with half the grafts 
  • Zarev -- best for large sessions

For me, Hattingen replaces H&W (who are still top three for large sessions, but maybe excessive graft usage and aftercare has been suspect from some threads this year) and Zarev replaces Eugenix (prob the best value for $$ with 10/10 results on some high Norwoods, but lately also some poor planning issues around donor management/depletion and use of beard hair). 

Butchers:

ASMED used to be the worst hill mill for value, but their results lately have ranged from bad to decent, so they aren't bottom three anymore. Might be HOI honestly. Their results are truly awful on a consistent basis. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Floyd Mayweather has his hair and beard transplant at HOI. He claims to be a billionaire and he lives an extravagant lifestyle. For instance, he has a haircut about weekly and spends about $100k annually on haircuts. Finance is not a significant issue for him, so wondering why he chose HOI.

• Haha 1

Top five HT Clinics:

1) Zarev Best for high norwoods

2) Couto Best for smaller scale norwoods

3) Pinto

4) Bisanga

5) Pekiner

Best value for money HT doctors:

1) Demirsoy

2)Dr turan

3) Dr Gur

4) Dr Yaman

Regarding Eugenix, I will say my opinion, I dont think that they are hair mill, but for sure they are not top.

Whats really dissapoint me from them is the extract chest hair that has almost 0% survival rate for the sake of charging you the graft. I know for some patiences that the chest hair is the last hope but I never seen a top doctor getting grafts from there because as I said there is no survival rate.

Another thing that I dont like is the treat to the donor area, but is not bad at all.

We can not consider hairmill, they have good results with too many patiences, but there is some details that they turn me off.

Edited by JoselitoElGallo

2 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

Top five HT Clinics:

1) Zarev Best for high norwoods

2) Couto Best for smaller scale norwoods

3) Pinto

4) Bisanga

5) Pekiner

Best value for money HT doctors:

1) Demirsoy

2)Dr turan

3) Dr Gur

4) Dr Yaman

Totally agree for the first 4 names. 

I would definitely not rank Pekiner number 5 though. 

I've seen a few bad cases from Dr. Pekiner here and there, his rep had weird behaviour and their marketing strategy is problematic by some aspects. Last but not least,  his cases of aborted surgeries make me question his abilities. Of course, he is better than the majority of turkish clinics and I like the fact that he does everything by himself and takes only one patient per day. But he is not comparable with the first 4 surgeons you mentionned. 

Agree for the first 3 except for Yaman. I would take Yaman out of this list and put Bicer instead. Even at 2€ per graft she is still good value although she is not elite. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Antlor said:

Floyd Mayweather has his hair and beard transplant at HOI. He claims to be a billionaire and he lives an extravagant lifestyle. For instance, he has a haircut about weekly and spends about $100k annually on haircuts. Finance is not a significant issue for him, so wondering why he chose HOI.

Sometimes money doesn't mean you have access to the right information and you can get suckered in. These places are big on social media and as such flash enough to get his attention. I respect what he accomplished in terms of success but he's an individual i don't particularly like and he doesn't have a background of being able to differentiate hair mills, hair transplants etc. 

• Like 2