Top 5 Hair Transplant Doctors & Bottom 3 Hair Mills, 2022 Edition

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

29% I find too generous that research.... Thats mean every 3 grafts you throw away 2 ( more than 2). And you are charged in full.

The research is only as good as the surgeon. That’s my point, while one surgeon may only get 29% another may get 80-85%. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

The research is only as good as the surgeon. That’s my point, while one surgeon may only get 29% another may get 80-85%. 

Is there an actual reason why it is lower in the first place? Is it because the grafts are harder to extract and thus more frequently damaged under a bad surgeon?

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I never seen Couto, Pinto  or Freitas doing chest extraction, so they dont know how to do it, are them not good surgeon?

If they dont use it, is for a reason, very poor survival rate.

They would rather prefer to be honest with the case than give false expectations and open the pocket,

Edited by JoselitoElGallo

51 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

I don't think he's a troll. (yes, I'm assuming his gender) He's stirring it up an that's funny at times. He's obviously been around longer than his account has, so I can't disregard his opinions completely. And really, nearly everything he says I kinda agree with. He just doesn't have a filter. haha

I have the impression that it is an old user, with another nick name.🤔

In regards to hair transplants in general, it is almost unanimously accepted that scalp hair is the #1 preferred area for donor even if placing to the beard. Then beard hair for those willing to do it and then you have body hair including the pubic hair as dead last in terms of choice because it has the lowest graft survival rates of the three areas. 

Even scalp hair will rarely ever have a 100% survival. You would have to have a miracle but its become accepted between 96-98% survival can be achieved but depending on how many grafts are involved, that % doesn't tell the whole story. That's why these hair mills constantly talk about "4500 grafts!!" like we have an unlimited donor supply for them to wreck. 

I would rather have a maximum yield chance and do things over two procedures if necessary but i would also prefer to have a high enough density to not look like a poor result. That's a key challenge that also involves so many factors. 

I believe an Apples to Apples comparison of scalp hair to scalp hair is fairest. Just because some Doctors don't use body or beard hair doesn't mean they can't ve elites. It's simply a preference not to delve into those areas and potentially the negative outcomes against patient expectations. 

That's the beauty of this industry that we have options albeit maybe a bit restricted in whose reliable and cost wise. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

I never seen Couto, Pinto  or Freitas doing chest extraction, so they dont know how to do it, are them not good surgeon?

If they dont use it, is for a reason, very poor survival rate.

They would rather prefer to be honest with the case than give false expectations and open the pocket,

They are good surgeons no doubt. Chest hair is last resort donor source. Dr. De Freitas has done chest hair before, but only on certain patients and cases. BHT in general requires a different type of punch and technique. BHT is usually only done with surgeons that do extensive repairs or high baldness. From what I’ve seen Cuoto and Pinto do Norwood 2-4 mostly, so there’s no need to do BHT. Doesn’t mean they’re not excellent surgeons.

I will be talking to Dr. Bisanga, one of the best in Europe. I will be sure to ask him about chest hair and the survival rate. He has used chest hair a lot on repair cases. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

They are good surgeons no doubt. Chest hair is last resort donor source. Dr. De Freitas has done chest hair before, but only on certain patients and cases. BHT in general requires a different type of punch and technique. BHT is usually only done with surgeons that do extensive repairs or high baldness. From what I’ve seen Cuoto and Pinto do Norwood 2-4 mostly, so there’s no need to do BHT. Doesn’t mean they’re not excellent surgeons.

I will be talking to Dr. Bisanga, one of the best in Europe. I will be sure to ask him about chest hair and the survival rate. He has used chest hair a lot on repair cases. 

Bruno Pinto has done long NW scale, also Freitas. 

I never seen a case Of Freitas using chest hair, Can you share with all of us?

Would be nice that you open up this topic with him, in case is positive I have unlimited donor area 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Couto and Pinto also take on more severe cases too. 

Especially Pinto. There are some amazing transformations on Norwood 5-6 guys. Check them out. 

Pinto is pretty versatile. I wish I could get a surgery with him but he is fully booked. 💔

4 hours ago, Your shill from the mill said:

No way. 

I was just joking bro. Chill out. 

Read my posts. 

I don't even need to explain. Those who follow me know I give honest advice based on solid experience and well-balanced facts. 

I am a fair and square guy. Those who read my posts know it very well. 

I even recommend Dr. Sethi and consider him a top surgeon and he is amongst the top 5 best surgeons in the world for advanced Norwoods. 

And even if some of the questionable cases from Eugenix such as Track-Rat and Captain Haddock my stance was well-balanced and I was giving the clinic the benefit of the doubt. 

Tbh I wasn’t really off put by your stuff , but the thing I saw about hlc where you said you were going to have surgery with them, then a week before was like I’m not going after someone’s post about their experience. And now finding out that your initial username was hlc butchers, but you said you were going to get surgery from them is weird. You then said you had a transplant from dr Harris , who incidentally did Kevin manns, and after my post about you yesterday, you felt the need to change your name.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:54 AM, davidn said:

Top Five HT Doctor

Obviously I am biased towards the work I see more frequently and the content the clinics create. I didnt see many independent reviews from Zarev or Couto. Moreover, for example, bhr made a recent video about their donor Evaluation process. Other clinics may do that as well, I am just not so familiar with that.

1) Dr Bisanga. What convinces me is his data-driven evaluation of donor. Experience is nice, but I think it is really beneficial to supplement experience with data.

2) Hattingen. Not only are they amazing in the surgery, but Dr Muresanu is very ethical and does not follow industry trends. He is excellent with Fut and Fue so that is a bonus.

3) Dr Pinto. Everything I have seen from him so far looked like amazing work.

4) Dr Ferreira. Same as Dr Pinto.

5) Eugenix. What I like is that they are good at supplementing with body hair to save donor and give coverage to high Norwoods.

Bottom Three HT Doctors

To be honest I don't have much interest in the bottom, as their work will never play a role in my life. But 3 which 

1) Hair of Istanbul 

2) Asli Tarsan

3) Elithair?

Asli Tarcan, lol - are you kidding?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

Bruno Pinto has done long NW scale, also Freitas. 

I never seen a case Of Freitas using chest hair, Can you share with all of us?

Would be nice that you open up this topic with him, in case is positive I have unlimited donor area 🤣🤣🤣

I will for sure ask, be sure to join the podcast as well. 
https://www.clinicadefreitas.com/trasplante-capilar-bht-espana/

View my thread

4 hours ago, Mike10 said:

I have read all the posted lists and I can't agree with a single one of them. 

That's because everybody will rate the "best" or "worst" by their own subjective terms  imo. I genuinely think some surgeons that are praised for their hairlines, i personally have seen a fair few from them that don't look great to me but others think they do. 

Personally i think what Melvin said is true for this sort of thing. You have the "Best for your case" and using myself as an example, from the places within my budget range that could show off consistent temple point reconstruction  Eugenix were at the top of the pile for me. They just show off so many results in this are compared to anybody else and they looked natural. 

I think subjectivity is a big part of things but for me, Dr Cuoto has outstanding results because it seems like the cases they take on are very suited to his skill set. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I will for sure ask, be sure to join the podcast as well. 
https://www.clinicadefreitas.com/trasplante-capilar-bht-espana/

Would be great If you get a podcast with him.

I dont know if you speak spanish but the case shown is not with chest hair and what he say in his website is that even not all the patiences with beard are good to trasplant, also for chest, saying that even having tones of hair in your chest it doesnt make you a candidate for BHT.

So far I never seen a case of hair using chest hair.

8 hours ago, Your shill from the mill said:

Couto and Pinto also take on more severe cases too. 

Especially Pinto. There are some amazing transformations on Norwood 5-6 guys. Check them out. 

Pinto is pretty versatile. I wish I could get a surgery with him but he is fully booked. 💔

Honestly what are you on lol, one minute your like I’ve had had a hair transplant with dr Harris then you were having one with hlc then thought about pulling out a week before it and now your trying to get one with pinto , wtf lol

13 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Since i was specifically mentioned, i want to respond fairly with my own experience. 

Dr Das did the incisions and there at the initial stages. I also saw her check in from time to time. However, despite being told Dr Das would do hairline/templepoint implantation and crucial extractions, i did bot recall her carrying this out and once you're in the chair, you feel a bit stuck to really disturb the flow of the technicians working. 

I had a bandage wrap placed over my eyes too, but occasionally heard Dr Das in the room to overlook things at that stage. 

I personally would say a weak point of my experience was possibly not feeling able to verify exactly how much involvement Dr Das had in terms of implantation and extraction for grafts. If somebody else was better suited for that, fair enough, i'd rather have the right person. It's just difficult to i guess placate those feelings that maybe my expectations were for a little more Dr involvement than i recall. Again, i'm not going to say i've had a negative experience or anything, i am waiting till my 12 month mark to judge a final result and so far, i think even with those things which imo can be easily addressed with slight tweaks to how Eugenix operate to out patients at ease, i hope that the actual operation will be a success. 

That’s not right if you were initially told that the Dr would be doing those parts then midway through your procedure you find out that not the case is misleading. I would of gone in on them as that not professional.

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

Whats really dissapoint me from them is the extract chest hair that has almost 0% survival rate for the sake of charging you the graft. I know for some patiences that the chest hair is the last hope but I never seen a top doctor getting grafts from there because as I said there is no survival rate.

I've had about 3000 chest grafts transplanted over several sessions from True & Dorin. If they didn't grow then I wouldn't continue using them. Are they the best grafts to use? No, of course not, but to say the survival rate is almost 0% is far from accurate. For me I'd say it's been higher than 50% easily.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

I've had about 3000 chest grafts transplanted over several sessions from True & Dorin. If they didn't grow then I wouldn't continue using them. Are they the best grafts to use? No, of course not, but to say the survival rate is almost 0% is far from accurate. For me I'd say it's been higher than 50% easily.

Can you share a link on your case?

6 hours ago, sukh123 said:

That’s not right if you were initially told that the Dr would be doing those parts then midway through your procedure you find out that not the case is misleading. I would of gone in on them as that not professional.

I don't agree with that happening in principle, but as i said, because of the nature of the procedure with my eyes being covered during the majority of the time and sometimes even ended up asleep, it's really difficult to determine those factors. I have no intention to tarnish or damage the reputation of Eugenix on something i couldn't 100% verify. I was very happy with my treatment overall and how they went above and beyond to help me in ways they didn't have to. Dr Sethi even came to talk with me and had a look over my hair, Dr Arika in the post-op day also kindly sat with me. I can't honestly emphasise enough that i did feel well cared for. 

That's why i simply mentioned the above as an area hopefully Eugenix are able to possibly improve on to make a little more obvious and clear but unlike a hair mill, i believe much more care and attention is taken by Eugenix. 

I would definitely go through the entire thing again, but i would probably only tweak a couple small things including the right temple point and some of the frontal hairline on the right side. 

Overall, i feel much more confident in having gone to Eugenix than how i would likely have been treated at a hair mill given what i know. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Mike10 said:

I have read all the posted lists and I can't agree with a single one of them. 

Well even if we limit ourselves to 20 candidate surgeons and have to choose 5, there are over 15000 possibilities to choose these 5

Edited by davidn

9 hours ago, davidn said:

Well even if we limit ourselves to 20 candidate surgeons and have to choose 5, there are over 15000 possibilities to choose these 5

It is more that I do not agree with most of the candidates. 

As other posters have alluded too, it all comes down to personal situation. For me I was a Norwood 7, so all  my research focused around surgeons that had larger portfolios of higher Norwoods (Eugenix, Bisanga, H&W, Zarev ect). If I was Norwood 2, I would probably be focusing on other clinics. 

To be the best, I believe the doctor needs to be an all rounder.. so NW2 to 7 restoration, female hair restoration, temple restoration, repair work. beard restoration ect. Some doctors may be knocking out the park some some of these areas, but there are a select few who can do it all.  

To speak from a personal situation,some doctors  mentioned on this thread told me I wasn't a candidate for a surgery. Now I was a challenging case yes.. NW7, limited donor, fine hair.  Now evidently, I was a candidate for hair restoration, it was just a bit more challenging. For me in any field of work, to be the best you have to challenge the status quo! 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 3