Top 5 Hair Transplant Doctors & Bottom 3 Hair Mills, 2022 Edition

Inspired by the previous 2020 edition, I figure this topic ought to have its own annual thread. Some doctors improve (or become better known) with time, while others - once considered great - are relegated to hair mill status. Curious for 2022, which doctors fall into which categories for you. Hopefully, it'll help give folks an idea of where to go if they're confused or wondering who is considered good or bad at the moment. Here's a template below for ease of use.

Top Five HT Doctors*

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

*You can make a second list of five, separating them out by FUE and FUT, if you think it'll add clarity.  

Bottom Three Butchers

1)

2)

3)

Edited by Z--
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, trynagetaHT said:

I think we need to have a separate list for FUT and FUE.

You totally can include them separately. I didn't want to discourage people from posting their thoughts, so I tried to keep it shorter, but I'll specify. 

Top Five HT Doctor

Obviously I am biased towards the work I see more frequently and the content the clinics create. I didnt see many independent reviews from Zarev or Couto. Moreover, for example, bhr made a recent video about their donor Evaluation process. Other clinics may do that as well, I am just not so familiar with that.

1) Dr Bisanga. What convinces me is his data-driven evaluation of donor. Experience is nice, but I think it is really beneficial to supplement experience with data.

2) Hattingen. Not only are they amazing in the surgery, but Dr Muresanu is very ethical and does not follow industry trends. He is excellent with Fut and Fue so that is a bonus.

3) Dr Pinto. Everything I have seen from him so far looked like amazing work.

4) Dr Ferreira. Same as Dr Pinto.

5) Eugenix. What I like is that they are good at supplementing with body hair to save donor and give coverage to high Norwoods.

Bottom Three HT Doctors

To be honest I don't have much interest in the bottom, as their work will never play a role in my life. But 3 which 

1) Hair of Istanbul 

2) Asli Tarsan

3) Elithair?

Edited by davidn
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Top Five HT Doctors

1) Zarev

2) Pitella

3) Eugenix

4) Couto

5) Freitas

Bottom Three HT Doctors

1)

2)

3)

No idea about bottom 3 somewhere in Turkey

Dr couto and Dr Freitas on 4 and 5? Honestly let us be real and objective mate

11 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

Dr couto and Dr Freitas on 4 and 5? Honestly let us be real and objective mate

i was unsure about 4 and 5

both are great though. so i am not being biased as i will never get a transplant with them both they get great coverage

Personally cannot rank the "Best" because it depends on your individual case and the best fit for that. 

It's actually significantly easier to name Hair Mills but the flashiest advertising ones probably "deserve" their rankings. I would say some previously seen clinics here as reputable have now become to also become a questionable choice and akin to a Hair Mill. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Personally cannot rank the "Best" because it depends on your individual case and the best fit for that. 

It's actually significantly easier to name Hair Mills but the flashiest advertising ones probably "deserve" their rankings. I would say some previously seen clinics here as reputable have now become to also become a questionable choice and akin to a Hair Mill. 

There are many talented surgeons, I never say there’s a best. Only best for your situation. Hair mills are definitely much easier to call out. I would say the hair mill that destroyed @Doron Harati is one of the worst. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'd say Zarev is the absolute GOAT if we  judge purely based on available results. 

His results are better, wilder, denser, more incredible than Umar Sanusi, Eugenix, Hasson & Wong or any other "in the discussion for GOAT" doctor. 

But again we don't have enough independant reviews and patient testimonials  from Zarev to be able to conclude that he is truly the GOAT....

Zarev's result on HugoX is the best one I have ever seen. Ever. 

But he has only 40-50 youtube videos on his channel which is not a lot considering the fact that he's been around for a decade...

Also he may have many poor/subpar results too. Every doctor has as we all know... You never know. Maybe.  Maybe not. 

I have no idea to be honest. 

My favorite surgeons are Pinto, Bisanga, Freitas, Couto. 

They might bit a bit overhyped by the forum but they do produce excellent, natural, dense on a very consistent basis. 

Pitella, Ferreira, Ximena Vila are also very very promising too. 

Konior is excellent too. He is arguably the best in the US. Unfortunately his prices are absolutely ridiculous....

Worst hairmill are Songul Alci, Arenamed and Sanantur. 

Check out Mesiasss4. He's got plenty of cases from those scalp butchers. 

They basically just destroy your donor and recipient and block you on whatsapp 6 months later when you realize the botch. 

Trust me they are even worse than  AsliTarcan, Koray Erdogan, Abdulaziz Balwi etc....  

There is also a very bad "surgeon" in Spain called Eduardo Lopez Bran. 

Dude is often on spanish TV and portrays himself as an authority in the field. 😂

But when you look at his results they are horrific. He literally slays your donor area with the ARTAS robot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hope everything is nova said:

I'd say Zarev is the absolute GOAT if we  judge purely based on available results. 

His results are better, wilder, denser, more incredible than Umar Sanusi, Eugenix, Hasson & Wong or any other "in the discussion for GOAT" doctor. 

But again we don't have enough independant reviews and patient testimonials  from Zarev to be able to conclude that he is truly the GOAT....

Zarev's result on HugoX is the best one I have ever seen. Ever. 

But he has only 40-50 youtube videos on his channel which is not a lot considering the fact that he's been around for a decade...

Also he may have many poor/subpar results too. Every doctor has as we all know... You never know. Maybe.  Maybe not. 

I have no idea to be honest. 

My favorite surgeons are Pinto, Bisanga, Freitas, Couto. 

They might bit a bit overhyped by the forum but they do produce excellent, natural, dense on a very consistent basis. 

Pitella, Ferreira, Ximena Vila are also very very promising too. 

Konior is excellent too. He is arguably the best in the US. Unfortunately his prices are absolutely ridiculous....

Worst hairmill are Songul Alci, Arenamed and Sanantur. 

Check out Mesiasss4. He's got plenty of cases from those scalp butchers. 

They basically just destroy your donor and recipient and block you on whatsapp 6 months later when you realize the botch. 

Trust me they are even worse than  AsliTarcan, Koray Erdogan, Abdulaziz Balwi etc....  

There is also a very bad "surgeon" in Spain called Eduardo Lopez Bran. 

Dude is often on spanish TV and portrays himself as an authority in the field. 😂

But when you look at his results they are horrific. He literally slays your donor area with the ARTAS robot. 

This was well said. I think Zarev is a cheat code. I also think Konior is the same just not many people get the same level since his prices are absurd imo but I can definitely see why they are given his results. I wish we could see the large 5k graft sessions that Zarev does with Konior just not with the price tag.

• Thanks 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

My vote goes for Eugenix as the best. Because i know how hard it is to cater to the Indian expectations as well as to the Western domain equally well. Baldness is more accepted in the western countries as well as in European countries. In India it's getting accepted but still considered a wierd thing because most people here think it's a disease and not a natural process. Also the journey of Eugenix is quite inspiring especially Dr Pradeep from where he started from Odisha and where the clinic stands now. Their results aren't bad either and improving even with the lower packages. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vann said:

This was well said. I think Zarev is a cheat code. I also think Konior is the same just not many people get the same level since his prices are absurd imo but I can definitely see why they are given his results. I wish we could see the large 5k graft sessions that Zarev does with Konior just not with the price tag.

I think Tao is a case of someone who had roughly 7K grafts with Konior over three surgeries. His thread below:

That said, I don't think he does large sessions like 3.5K+ grafts in one sitting at this point, preferring to break it up. The highest I've seen here was like 4k, but that was years ago. Seems like he get someone a full head of hair from Norwood 6 with just 7k grafts, which is insane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adier said:

My vote goes for Eugenix as the best. Because i know how hard it is to cater to the Indian expectations as well as to the Western domain equally well. Baldness is more accepted in the western countries as well as in European countries. In India it's getting accepted but still considered a wierd thing because most people here think it's a disease and not a natural process. Also the journey of Eugenix is quite inspiring especially Dr Pradeep from where he started from Odisha and where the clinic stands now. Their results aren't bad either and improving even with the lower packages. 

Eugenix would not even be in the top 5 lol.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Z-- said:

I think Tao is a case of someone who had roughly 7K grafts with Konior over three surgeries. His thread below:

That said, I don't think he does large sessions like 3.5K+ grafts in one sitting at this point, preferring to break it up. The highest I've seen here was like 4k, but that was years ago. Seems like he get someone a full head of hair from Norwood 6 with just 7k grafts, which is insane. 

yea I think I have seen this one. There was one guy who did his in the early to mid 2000s like 2008 and 2012 i think and had like 3 surgeries with Konior. That was the most FUE i have ever seen from him but the result is still stupidly amazing.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Hope everything is nova said:

Eugenix and Hasson & Wong are hairmills. 

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read in a long time. Obviously, you’re trolling and failing. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 minutes ago, Hope everything is nova said:

I dont know about that. There have been a few cases lately where they have dropped the ball. But from my understanding is that some of the cases were already difficult to begin with (for Eugenix). While H&W have just dropped the ball in terms of response and outcomes for one of the recent patients I have seen. But overall I think they have a good track record. 

I definitely wouldnt call either of them a hair mill.

6 minutes ago, Hope everything is nova said:

I kindly disagree, Eugenix made beard grafts go mainstream, most NW6-7 that comes out of their door has full coverage with good density.

Just now, civic said:

I kindly disagree, Eugenix made beard grafts go mainstream, most NW6-7 that comes out of their door has full coverage with good density.

Listen I’m not dumbing down eugenix , seems like they do good Work . But people on this forum need to snap out of this cult following . “ Made beard Grafts Go mainstream” according to who lol, this foruM.

13 minutes ago, civic said:

There are at least 2-3 cases floating around on here showing poor results by Eugenix.