Dr. Hasson | 3,000 graft | 31M Caucasian | Documenting the Journey

Nordster34

I wouldnt put too much stock into what your wife and other close family members think. 

Even with "flawless" 10/10 hair transplants, if someone is aware you've had work done, aware of the specific area in question, and examining it from only a few inches away, they would be able to spot subtle differences still between the native and transplant hair

The litmus test for a good, natural ht should be if your coworkers or friends say anything. Or how the HT looks from a casual observation.

Not what your wife thinks when she has advanced awareness of the area in question and can study the grafts right up alongside you.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Nordster34

I agree the temples can be improved. Temple points are notoriously difficult. It’s hard to say whether it was graft selection that caused the appearance. That said, the hairline in my opinion looks fantastic. I’ve reached out to @H & W Doug, but with the holidays, I wouldn’t expect a response now. 

I believe H&W have an exceptional reputation and track record because they’ve stood by their work.  Surgeons miss the mark, as hair transplants are not an exact science, even with the best surgeons. Alluding that we should reconsider this surgeons membership over one result, and one aspect like (temple points) is ludicrous. 

Let’s allow the clinic time to respond to the concerns and figure out what occurred. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Alluding that we should reconsider this surgeons membership over one result, and one aspect like (temple points) is ludicrous. 

There was no allusion to that. I said he should publicly comment on what’s happened, not just in regards to the result, but to address the details within the whole experience that Nordster has outlined 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@Nordster34

I agree the temples can be improved. Temple points are notoriously difficult. It’s hard to say whether it was graft selection that caused the appearance. That said, the hairline in my opinion looks fantastic. I’ve reached out to @H & W Doug, but with the holidays, I wouldn’t expect a response now. 

I believe H&W have an exceptional reputation and track record because they’ve stood by their work.  Surgeons miss the mark, as hair transplants are not an exact science, even with the best surgeons. Alluding that we should reconsider this surgeons membership over one result, and one aspect like (temple points) is ludicrous. 

Let’s allow the clinic time to respond to the concerns and figure out what occurred. 

Those temples are way more than “can be improved” though.  

Yep, as I said earlier in the thread, H&W is usually very, very good (top 1%), but this one is unacceptable. It’s also great to see other patients or prospective patients call this out. 

At a minimum, you ought to be refunded the 600 grafts you didn’t consent to. Other doctors in that price range would have offered a free repair for the temples at a minimum.

I wouldn’t blame you for not returning given the experience, but I am hopeful they’ll do right by you. If not, please post in the thread,  so folks can consider this type of behavior when selecting their transplant doctors. 

Cheers. 

• Like 2

I hope Nordster demands a cash refund. I hate how the industry standard is to offer a free touch-up/repair, no one wants to go back to the same clinic that gave them an unsatisfactory result. 

He can use the refund towards paying for Konior, which he said he wanted to do. 

If for whatever reason Nordster takes the free refund, I would ask to be operated on by Wong and not Hasson. 

It's still hard for me to fathom how Hasson takes $35k from a patient, barely interacts during surgery, and leaves the office before Nordster can have a post-op. 

• Like 2

5. Dr. Hasson was only present for an extremely limited time during both days of surgery. Approximately 29 minutes in the room on day 1, and only about 16 minutes in the room on day 2. 

What was Dr Hassan doing? I think he does the slits? But you can't do all the slits in 46 minutes. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with them. I think the hairline looks amazing. What do you mean by too angular? Where the hairline meets the temples? I think so, but I think that's an ez repair. As for the temple, I can't tell why, but it does seem off to me. You analysis of it being due to graft selection makes sense to me. It's unfortunate that they used the thicker ones for your temples, when they should be saved for the mid, vertex, and crown. That will be much harder to repair, because those are valuable grafts and I would recommend saving them. I think the top surgeons for relocating grafts are DrKonior, DrShapiro who is the one I went to for relocating my grafts and Dr Josephitis is the one who does the punchouts, DrBisanga, Dr Mwamba, perhaps DrGabel as well. 

Edited by HairRun

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 6:56 AM, Etownone said:

Hopefully you have a great end result,   but if you don't, now that you posted here and got the spotlight on your experience,  I'm sure Dr Hasson will personally do the extra work and make sure you're happy with the end result.   

And if Melvin and anyone else is ok paying top dollar to have techs doing the majority of the work while having the Dr monitoring the surgery progress/end result by pictures while he's at his office or sipping margaritas at his house,   then cool.  

But this is information that should be provided and shared by this community.  

I've been to 3 different Dr's. 

(2) FUT - Dr Dorin NY - surgically removed the strip, put the stitches in and then did all the incisions,   the techs placed all the grafts.  Dr checked in during the process and we talked afterwards. 

(3) FUE - Dr Nader MÉXICO - performed graft extractions and all the incisions,    and the techs placed all the grafts.   Dr checked in during the process and we talk afterwards. 

(1) FUE - Dr Mwamba NJ - performed majority of all the work.   He had 1 tech that helped him at times when he would take very short breaks.  

How did Dr Dorin compare with these other top docs? Definitely considering him. Biggest concerns are high quality result and staying in the US. Sorry can’t DM you yet w my account 

14 hours ago, Jack28 said:

How did Dr Dorin compare with these other top docs? Definitely considering him. Biggest concerns are high quality result and staying in the US. Sorry can’t DM you yet w my account 

I'd recommend Dr Mwamba over Dr Dorin.     Dr Mwamba was working out of 2 locations in the US.    I saw him in New Jersey last year.  He is one of the best and for half the price of Dorin. 

4 hours ago, Etownone said:

I'd recommend Dr Mwamba over Dr Dorin.     Dr Mwamba was working out of 2 locations in the US.    I saw him in New Jersey last year.  He is one of the best and for half the price of Dorin.

I'm fairly certain Dr. Mwamba is more or less only operating out of Brussels for the foreesable future. He is traveling occasionally to Kinsasha, Congo for some surgeries. The NJ location has closed. 

Not aware of Dorin's cost at all but is Mwamba really half the price? I was a repair case which is more expensive regardless, but I believe the US prices of Mwamba's run-of-the-mill normal implants was $5/graft. Is Dorin $10/graft? That does sound ridiculous

@Nordster34 any general update would be cool to have.

19 hours ago, Jack28 said:

Biggest concerns are high quality result and staying in the US

curious why staying in the US is a factor? You can get botched in the US just as easily as any Turkish hairmill. Loads of sketchy unqualified US hack surgeons just like any other country in this industry. 

44 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

curious why staying in the US is a factor? You can get botched in the US just as easily as any Turkish hairmill. Loads of sketchy unqualified US hack surgeons just like any other country in this industry. 

One of the reasons is for easier follow ups. Many of the docs seem to recommend them and happy to provide them. And also if another touch up appointment or something is needed. It would be easier for any of this for US travel as opposed to turkey which is not something I can do very easily. 

Another thing people mentioned that got me thinking I would prefer US is the peace of mind if something goes wrong being in the United States would be easier to deal with then if that happened abroad. 

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I'm fairly certain Dr. Mwamba is more or less only operating out of Brussels for the foreesable future. He is traveling occasionally to Kinsasha, Congo for some surgeries. The NJ location has closed. 

Not aware of Dorin's cost at all but is Mwamba really half the price? I was a repair case which is more expensive regardless, but I believe the US prices of Mwamba's run-of-the-mill normal implants was $5/graft. Is Dorin $10/graft? That does sound ridiculous

@Nordster34 any general update would be cool to have.

Yep.   $5 graft vs $10.   And no discount even though I saw Dorin 2 times already.  

And Dr Mwamba is coming back to the US.   I was told they'd have an update on the new location by June. 

Just wanted to jump in with a quick update. 

I've had several conversations with Doug from H&W over the past few weeks. He has been extremely thoughtful, empathetic and helpful. He's committed to making sure I get to the end result I wanted. We haven't scoped out yet what that would look like in terms of scheduling, cost, logistics, etc., but I can tell he's genuinely focused on helping me get to a great result. 

I also think I should point out that I was likely too harsh in my prior post. H&W clearly a highly competent practice and, after speaking wit Doug, I think they will do what it takes touch up and refine my case to make sure my result meets their classic high standard. I have offered the various constructive pieces of feedback that I think could help improve the patient experience (e.g., more time at the doctor, a debrief, etc.), but the truth is that, long-term, the only thing that really matters is the result. After speaking with Doug, it feels like H&W will help me get to a great final result. 

As for the growth, the hairline density continues to look good. Hasn't changed much since the prior pics. I am happy with the density everywhere except the left corner (as mentioned previously). The touch-up/refinement will really just be about making a few small modifications to the design/geometry. 

Will keep everyone posted as I learn more about timing, logistics, costs etc. of a touch-up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is very reassuring @Nordster34. I was a patient of Dr. Hasson almost exactly 1 year ago. My experience of a 2 day FUE was very good and I thought the clinic was exceptional and very professional, and I am extremely happy with my results.  It's no surprise that Dr. H has stood by his work and I am sure he will put this right. Wishing you the best as you get this resolved to your satisfaction. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all! Wanted to share the 11-month update! Photos below. 

The TLDR is:

• The hairline density is looking good
  • The clinic (shoutout to @H & W Doug) has been extremely helpful
  • They do stand by their work and do ensure a great result
  • As such, while touch-ups are very rarely needed at H&W, they have agreed to do a complimentary refinement procedure for me. I am extremely grateful they are doing this and am scheduling it for late spring / early summer
  • Other people considering H&W should take confidence in this fact, and I also think my prior posts were overly harsh
  • The touch-up is going to address the geometry of the temples & hairline corners. It should be a fairly minor procedure in terms of # of grafts and won't take more than a single day

Photos below. The photos with the blue background were taken at the clinic pre-op (thanks @H & W Doug for sending me these!) and I am including them for comparison. All other photos were taken today. 

image.thumb.png.c784262a6b3526028183a6fb226c586a.png

image.thumb.png.6a9dab9ee722c7203e5dbffb8b6c5bec.png

image.thumb.png.cfd1f07c81ebc89f3f9d19c9362776ef.png

image.thumb.png.f16f801b5bea21ab237baae013efa2f6.png

image.thumb.png.00b35808296bca52f80ad3739c745b46.png

Really curious to get folks' thoughts! How would you approach the touch-up/refinement? Do folks still think I should do a tiny bit of electrolysis to remove a couple grafts from the tip of the temple points?

I do think it's really important that the community knows how responsive H&W have been and that they do stand by their work. I very much appreciate that! Also, from the conversations I've had with them, I should only need a minor refinement to get to a great final result! 

Edited by Nordster34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nordster34 said:

Hi all! Wanted to share the 11-month update! Photos below. 

The TLDR is:

• The hairline density is looking good
  • The clinic (shoutout to @H & W Doug) has been extremely helpful
  • They do stand by their work and do ensure a great result
  • As such, while touch-ups are very rarely needed at H&W, they have agreed to do a complimentary refinement procedure for me. I am extremely grateful they are doing this and am scheduling it for late spring / early summer
  • Other people considering H&W should take confidence in this fact, and I also think my prior posts were overly harsh
  • The touch-up is going to address the geometry of the temples & hairline corners. It should be a fairly minor procedure in terms of # of grafts and won't take more than a single day

Photos below. The photos with the blue background were taken at the clinic pre-op (thanks @H & W Doug for sending me these!) and I am including them for comparison. All other photos were taken today. 

image.thumb.png.c784262a6b3526028183a6fb226c586a.png

image.thumb.png.6a9dab9ee722c7203e5dbffb8b6c5bec.png

image.thumb.png.cfd1f07c81ebc89f3f9d19c9362776ef.png

image.thumb.png.f16f801b5bea21ab237baae013efa2f6.png

image.thumb.png.00b35808296bca52f80ad3739c745b46.png

Really curious to get folks' thoughts! How would you approach the touch-up/refinement? Do folks still think I should do a tiny bit of electrolysis to remove a couple grafts from the tip of the temple points?

I do think it's really important that the community knows how responsive H&W have been and that they do stand by their work. I very much appreciate that! Also, from the conversations I've had with them, I should only need a minor refinement to get to a great final result! 

Phenomenal density!

If I was you, I'd l request leaving the top hairline and creating some slight 'rounding' down to the temple points. Personally I think it looks fine facing you front on but sideways it's just a little 'off' how straight it goes down.

If any grafts were to be removed, I'd imagine Dr Hasson would rather extract and replace them rather than destroy precious grafts. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Please pardon my crude drawings but I think if you were to extend the temple points by a bit it would help to close off the forehead and frame your face a little better.

Something along the lines of this:3253A58E-8B0A-4A49-B0A3-53BB9A207412.jpeg.749d241e8c51d1fd00b41c54b25b8cff.jpeg3DA80155-4B0C-495E-8221-619B671C678B.jpeg.a77bffc8bb99400a8693af71416277d8.jpegB76DF24D-C527-4439-A187-CBBD312D85AE.jpeg.53eb3d3fb66107a065d740ecb70a8e81.jpegagain, it’s very crude, however, I think it would really close off your forehead giving you a better frame.

Just my 2 cents.

Tbh, your hairline looks great. Congrats.

Edited by Steeeve