Dr. Hasson | 3,000 graft | 31M Caucasian | Documenting the Journey

Nordster34

Incredibly natural and excellent density for a single pass on the hairline. Especially impressed with the wet hair photos presented back in 8 Months. Could you include a photo of your hair from above (top-down?)

How do you feel about your hair transplant now that the majority of the growth has happened? Are you satisfied with the density and what are your thoughts on the temple work now that everything has grown in sufficiently?

Also on your Day 1 and Day 2 procedures. I noticed you said you had 2900 grafts on Day 1 that went straight to the hairline. Was any of the Day 2 grafts placed in your hairline? or exclusively for your temples?

Edited by mister_25
Additional Question
  • Face Palm 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

I will be brutally honest with you, and I really hope it doesn’t come across as offensive or disparage you in any way, because that is not the aim whatsoever, but someone who knows what they’re talking about clearly needs to intervene here. 

The temple points are completely unacceptable for the amount of money you have no don’t paid. 

The angle of the temple closure between the hairline and temple is a very unnatural angle, which would never be found in nature , and almost resembles how a barber would try and line up a guy with a receding hairline.

Furthermore, the straightness of the connection between the corner point closure and the temple point, is again, very unnatural and would not be found in nature. 

Lastly, they’re pluggy. I see doubles, and grafts that are far too thick for this area of the scalp. 

The hairline as it stands looks ok, and hopefully will continue to soften and mature in months to come. 

Please don’t take my comments as any form of discouragement or negativity, because I know how hard it can be to post a case publicly - but I can assure you this is NOT acceptable work from a recommended surgeon  on here, and if you had kept the surgeons names anonymous or inferred that you had gone to a random clinic in Turkey, there’d be a completely different sentiment in the comments from users. 

All in all, not the hardest fix in the world, and I can assure you, there will be light at the end of the tunnel. But disappointing none the less. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Curious25 said:

I will be brutally honest with you, and I really hope it doesn’t come across as offensive or disparage you in any way, because that is not the aim whatsoever, but someone who knows what they’re talking about clearly needs to intervene here. 

The temple points are completely unacceptable for the amount of money you have no don’t paid. 

The angle of the temple closure between the hairline and temple is a very unnatural angle, which would never be found in nature , and almost resembles how a barber would try and line up a guy with a receding hairline.

Furthermore, the straightness of the connection between the corner point closure and the temple point, is again, very unnatural and would not be found in nature. 

Lastly, they’re pluggy. I see doubles, and grafts that are far too thick for this area of the scalp. 

The hairline as it stands looks ok, and hopefully will continue to soften and mature in months to come. 

Please don’t take my comments as any form of discouragement or negativity, because I know how hard it can be to post a case publicly - but I can assure you this is NOT acceptable work from a recommended surgeon  on here, and if you had kept the surgeons names anonymous or inferred that you had gone to a random clinic in Turkey, there’d be a completely different sentiment in the comments from users. 

All in all, not the hardest fix in the world, and I can assure you, there will be light at the end of the tunnel. But disappointing none the less. 

Unfortunately, you are right on the money.

• Like 2

@Curious25 From what I can see, these fixes are difficult. He would need several sessions of electrolysis on the temples to make them recede more gradually and naturally. Perhaps those grafts, in a best case scenario, can be moved to the top, but I have not seen cases where this was done before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mister_25 said:

Incredibly natural and excellent density for a single pass on the hairline. Especially impressed with the wet hair photos presented back in 8 Months. Could you include a photo of your hair from above (top-down?)

How do you feel about your hair transplant now that the majority of the growth has happened? Are you satisfied with the density and what are your thoughts on the temple work now that everything has grown in sufficiently?

Also on your Day 1 and Day 2 procedures. I noticed you said you had 2900 grafts on Day 1 that went straight to the hairline. Was any of the Day 2 grafts placed in your hairline? or exclusively for your temples?

Here are top down pics. My hair is pretty long so I these probably aren’t helpful. 

As of now, I still have mixed feelings about the result. The temple points and the hairline corners both feel unnatural. It’s not a problem if I continue to wear my hair long, but I wanted to try it shorter and that’s not really an option right now as it looks pretty unusual. It’s really angular. 

The grafts on day 1 were all hairline. Day 2 was all temples. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

@Curious25 From what I can see, these fixes are difficult. He would need several sessions of electrolysis on the temples to make them recede more gradually and naturally. Perhaps those grafts, in a best case scenario, can be moved to the top, but I have not seen cases where this was done before.

I’m going to wait until month 12 but if it doesn’t soften up at all (it seemed like it was softening up a month or two ago, but these days the temple points look really sharp/pointy again)  or start to look more natural, who would folks recommend for a fix? Back to Hasson (they have commented that they’d make it right if I’m not satisfied, which I hugely appreciate) or are there other docs that are specifically recommended for fixes like this?

Also, what would folks recommend be done for the fix? What would you do in my shoes?

Edited by Nordster34
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Thanks so much for your full and detailed comment. I’m not insulted or discouraged at all. I posted my pics with no context bc I wanted to gauge ppl’s reactions. Overall I agree with your assessment. 

Also, not sure if folks noticed, but one of the corners is still much weaker/sparser than the other. Though that is less important than the fact that the overall geometry of the hairline is a bit unnatural. 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Nordster34 said:

I’m going to wait until month 12 but if it doesn’t soften up at all by then or look more natural, who would folks recommend for a fix? Back to Hasson (they have commented that they’d make it right if I’m not satisfied, which I hugely appreciate) or are there other docs that are specifically recommended for fixes like this? Also, what would folks recommend be done for the fix? Reducing the temple points, lowering and softening the hairline a bit? 

I would consider Dr. Nadimi or Dr. Konior for a repair, they will be expensive but if anyone can do it, they can.

The problem is, why would you have confidence they can fix it if it was botched the first time? From your write up, which was very detailed and informative and is an excellent resource for future prospective patients by the way, I did not get the feeling this clinic listened to you and respected your input in the process.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Curious25 said:

This exactly.  I immediately noticed the temples; the angles and overall look just seemed very fake.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Unfortunately, you are right on the money.

Unfortunately I am. 

RE. The fix - I agree that electrolysis is likely to be the recommended option from many surgeons, however harvesting the inappropriate grafts  and re-implanting them elsewhere would also be a strategy some surgeons could run with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nordster34 said:

Thanks so much for your full and detailed comment. I’m not insulted or discouraged at all. I posted my pics with no context bc I wanted to gauge ppl’s reactions. Overall I agree with your assessment. 

Also, not sure if folks noticed, but one of the corners is still much weaker/sparser than the other. Though that is less important than the fact that the overall geometry of the hairline is a bit unnatural. 

I’m glad you’ve reacted in such a manner, I thought twice about posting as I have been warned before for being too honest in the face of BS on here, but fortunately you’re in a good head space. 

My main outrage is the fact that you’ve had to pay some of the highest prices in the industry to receive such shockingly amateur surgical design and overall execution. I admittedly haven’t read through the whole thread, however I’ve picked up that you had some initial concerns on the day of surgery with Hassons involvement, again, totally unacceptable. 

Konior would probably be your best bet to consult with in North America to try get you up to speed, his temple point work is the best that I have seen in that region of the world - however it certainly won’t be cheap. 

Further a field, I would actually consider speaking to Sethi via the help of Melvin, to help ensure some good attention and care goes into your case, his temple point work is solid from what I have seen, and I believe he has claimed to have many repairs under his belt. 

Bisanga, Mwamba and Feriduni - all worth consulting with. 

There’s a tv show called the hair loss clinic in the UK, where Dr Ball from the Maitland clinic is shown repairing a hair mill patient with similar-ish issues to yourself, albeit his was hairline not temples, via re-harvesting and reimplanting and it turned out pretty good - if you type in hair loss clinic TLC on YouTube, it’s the episode under ‘man repairs botched hairline’ or something along those lines. 

It will give you an idea as to one of the methods as to what can be done anyway. 

• Like 1

Wow this thread... what a journey Nordster. Given the past with H&W I'd be inclined to discuss the fine tuning with them. I see the issues but also see the improvements so not the worst situation to be in. 

I understand the don't go back to them sentiment but bettering these results doesn't seem major to me and definitely seem in their capabilities. 

Hang in there man, you'll get it right.

If you are planning on mass-zapping and killing off all the temple points entirely, then sure electrolysis is a good option. 

But if the bad grafts are more selective and niche, say the bad grafts are interspersed closely among good grafts, I'm not sure elecytolysis is the best first option. 

First and foremost, I'm not sure of any doctor besides Cooley who does electrolysis. If you aren't going to Cooley, then the only alternative is a non-HT doc who does electrolysis, or your local hair-removal/bikini wax establishment. 

In either case, even if you go to the non-HT doc, I wouldn't have confidence that they are strategic enough selective enough to only zap the bad grafts, and I don't think they have enough skill to perform electorylsis from the framepoint of a hair transplant. 

99% of the electroylsis done by your non-HT doc or local bikini wax place is going to be indiscriminate, casual, mass-zapping of bikini areas, chest, back, etc. These ladies are not going to have experience zapping the scalp, let alone in an artistic manner in reference to a hair transplant. 

In general I think its a terrible idea to go back to the same surgeon so that they can fix the issue they created lol. But if you are happy with the rest of your HT and this is it, and if they offer to do it for free, maybe I would give Hasson the benefit of the doubt and have him fix the temple points. 

If it makes you feel better, I think this is a vast improvement to where you started, and I'm not sure I consider you a "victim".

It is exceptionally rare to get a one-and-done procedure, especially coming from where you are starting from. You basically are one-and-done except for the temple points. So I would consider your next surgery to be unfortunate but par-for-the-course, as opposed to some tragic disaster, etc. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

Curious if folks have thoughts on the density of the left hairline corner. Is there any chance this will fill in over the next few months? If not, do you think this will be an easy repair? I’d like to be able to part my hair at this corner, so the sparsity is a bit of an issue. Here’s a pic of what it looks like when parted at this corner. 

2A930130-263E-48FB-B869-38FA455182A2.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Nordster34 said:

Curious if folks have thoughts on the density of the left hairline corner. Is there any chance this will fill in over the next few months? If not, do you think this will be an easy repair? I’d like to be able to part my hair at this corner, so the sparsity is a bit of an issue. Here’s a pic of what it looks like when parted at this corner. 

at 9 months in you won't see new grafts sprouting. 

Should be an easy fix as long as you go to a good doctor. 

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

at 9 months in you won't see new grafts sprouting. 

Should be an easy fix as long as you go to a good doctor. 

The sad part is for how much he paid and how many grafts he got, it's quite a shame and pity that he has to go for a repair surgery. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nordster34 said:

2A930130-263E-48FB-B869-38FA455182A2.jpeg

I’ve read that new hairs can still pop at the 9 month mark. Everyone grows differently. I’d give it a full year before making plans to fine tune. 

Great hairline by the way. 

On 12/17/2022 at 12:48 PM, ray35 said:

Given the past with H&W I'd be inclined to discuss the fine tuning with them. I see the issues but also see the improvements so not the worst situation to be in. 

I understand the don't go back to them sentiment but bettering these results doesn't seem major to me and definitely seem in their capabilities. 

I’m leaning towards going back to them. I know that’s generally not the advice, but they are considered a top clinic with plenty of skill and I think it may be worthwhile to see what they can do to repair this. The only other doctor I’d go to at this point to repair is Konior.

I was willing to pay a premium price (my procedure was $35k) specifically because 1) I wanted a one and done procedure, 2) I wanted to be able to trust the surgeon’s design, and 3) because I wanted the assurance that if something went wrong, they’d fix it. Fixing this seems like it should be easily within H&W’s capabilities. Plus I bet people here will be interested in seeing if H&W fixes this (and how it turns out). 

On 12/19/2022 at 5:52 PM, Kent said:

I’ve read that new hairs can still pop at the 9 month mark. Everyone grows differently. I’d give it a full year before making plans to fine tune. 

Here’s hoping that’s the case for me! The sparse corner really looks bad and is almost becoming more and more noticeable as the hairs grow longer. It’s quite noticeable both in person and on zoom. 

On 12/19/2022 at 5:52 PM, asterix0 said:

The sad part is for how much he paid and how many grafts he got, it's quite a shame and pity that he has to go for a repair surgery.

Agreed. The original quote was $22k (for 3000 grafts) but it is worth mentioning that the total price went up to ~$35k with the increase in grafts. That’s only $5k less than two full day sessions with Konior (he charges $20k by the day not by the graft, which I like). 

• Like 1

As someone who just joined to research more before making this life altering decision. I decided to look up H&W since I heard amazing things. I recently just canceled my Dr Benham procedure because of some of the comments / reviews on this site.

But this work by H&W is not good, and its weird to see so many people praising it. Unless its going to look amazing in like another year, the pictures I've seen of that straight line near his temple just looks so fake how it connects to his hairline. The angle is very strange. Not just that, but they should have kept it natural and more reserved, they brought it too far forward

It's making me question some of the judgement of the commenters

16 hours ago, Nordster34 said:

he charges $20k by the day not by the graft, which I like

What if Konior only needs 3/4ths of a day to complete your surgery? Will you get refunded $5k? 🤣

Quite a few doctors charge by time instead of graft count, and unsurprisingly it always benefits the doctor's wallet, not the patients. 

I'm not sure if it's a common practice in the industry, or how long it's been going on, but it rubs me the wrong way.