Dr. Hasson | 3,000 graft | 31M Caucasian | Documenting the Journey

Nordster34

Very good transplant density wise, but the planing and execution of hairline looks off to me. Hasson made your hair look like silvio from sopranos. I know this might be harsh, but if H&W wants to be among top clinics worlwide, they have to aim for excellence. "Decent" doesnt cut it.

7 minutes ago, nicoandgello said:

Very good transplant density wise, but the planing and execution of hairline looks off to me. Hasson made your hair look like silvio from sopranos. I know this might be harsh, but if H&W wants to be among top clinics worlwide, they have to aim for excellence. "Decent" doesnt cut it.

I agree with you. I've seen how they present their cases and most of them don't show the hair slicked back, wet or being combed. If I didn't knew about the clinic reputation here, I would assume it's just another random, nothing special clinic.

They need to up their game when it comes to presenting their cases, can't compare them to the greats like Konior or Feriduni to name a few, without good pictures (both Feriduni and Konior take extremely detailed, high resolution, honest pictures). Impossible to do an apples to apples comparison without proper pictures.

They are not the only ones tho, most clinics, sadly, present their cases the same way.

• Like 1

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

8 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I agree with you. I've seen how they present their cases and most of them don't show the hair slicked back, wet or being combed. If I didn't knew about the clinic reputation here, I would assume it's just another random, nothing special clinic.

They need to up their game when it comes to presenting their cases, can't compare them to the greats like Konior or Feriduni to name a few, without good pictures (both Feriduni and Konior take extremely detailed, high resolution, honest pictures). Impossible to do an apples to apples comparison without proper pictures.

They are not the only ones tho, most clinics, sadly, present their cases the same way.

I posted wet comb through in natural light from Hasson 7 months result. He does great work in my opinion and experience. Everyone is different but I’m very happy. 

20 hours ago, Nordster34 said:

Really curious to get folks' thoughts!

Are you confident Hasson can do the temple points correctly given they were done poorly the 1st time around? What makes you think he will do it right this time?

You should never take the "free touch-up/revision" offer from a clinic unless you can fully understand, accept, and forgive why the surgeon made their poor design/decisions in the first place. And - be 100% confident that the surgeon will get it right the 2nd time around

Regarding your hairline, I think it looks fine overall, but since you are looking for honest feedback, I will be a bit nitpicky and say the hairline looks too angular.

The countours, shape of the hairline and angle points look sharp and aggressive. I think the hairline would be better if it was just a smudge bit straighter. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

22 minutes ago, Kent said:

I posted wet comb through in natural light from Hasson 7 months result. He does great work in my opinion and experience. Everyone is different but I’m very happy. 

But you posted it, not them.

This is what I'm talking about

You can't tell how good Hasson work is with those pictures. Meanwhile, Feriduni's pictures are extremely detailed and allow the viewer to judge his work. Many other doctors like Munib Ahmad, Rafael De Freitas, Konior, Nadimi, Couto, etc post very detailed pictures.

I mean, you know their work is good because you are a patient, but for someone who isn't...there's no way to see it other than "trust me bro, they have a great reputation".

Edited by NegativeNorwood

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

2 hours ago, NegativeNorwood said:

But you posted it, not them.

This is what I'm talking about

You can't tell how good Hasson work is with those pictures. Meanwhile, Feriduni's pictures are extremely detailed and allow the viewer to judge his work. Many other doctors like Munib Ahmad, Rafael De Freitas, Konior, Nadimi, Couto, etc post very detailed pictures.

I mean, you know their work is good because you are a patient, but for someone who isn't...there's no way to see it other than "trust me bro, they have a great reputation".

Ya I agree it would be nice to have better before and after pics. I think H&W do well off their reputation. That’s why it’s great when folks post to this forum. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NegativeNorwood said:

Hate to say it but you’re right. H&W led the way on presentation a long time ago, but they’re getting smoked these days by Bloxham, Couto, Feriduni etc.

• Like 1

Good overall growth, but a shocking design.

The implanted density appears to be sufficient on the hairline. 

I’m glad they have agreed to rectify your concerns (and rightly so, you shouldn’t be made to feel they are doing you a favour by agreeing to this) - how they go about doing so, well I hope it turns out the way you want it to. 

Anyone commenting that this is a good result is either gas lighting or uneducated.
Yes the growth and density looks to be good, and from a layman’s perspective the previously bald areas now have hair. 
But the design and angles are totally off, emulating an Anime bad guy - far from what you should expect or accept from a $35k surgery at what is supposed to be an elite clinic. 

OP - I wish you all the best, and I’m rooting for you to get to where you want to be from your next surgery. 

• Well Done 1

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! I've been playing around with various design tweaks for the touch-up procedure, and the below photos are what I'm currently thinking I'll ask for. Curious to get feedback from everyone!

As you'll see below, I've drawn this on with a pencil that matches my hair color as closely as possible. This is good bc it blends in nicely and most closely resembles what the final product would look like. But is bad because it's hard to see exactly where the changes are. Anyway, lmk what you think and what you'd suggest adjusting. 

image.thumb.png.03db05d57ffce3c9bc13d793c1db13bf.png

image.thumb.png.5cae22e766fc2157af0b00713c3b3b9c.png

image.thumb.png.0550cfd6e3b128b3b5f58e325e1194f6.png

Lmk what you think / what you'd change! 

13 minutes ago, Nordster34 said:

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! I've been playing around with various design tweaks for the touch-up procedure, and the below photos are what I'm currently thinking I'll ask for. Curious to get feedback from everyone!

As you'll see below, I've drawn this on with a pencil that matches my hair color as closely as possible. This is good bc it blends in nicely and most closely resembles what the final product would look like. But is bad because it's hard to see exactly where the changes are. Anyway, lmk what you think and what you'd suggest adjusting. 

I think your mock up is a great improvement

• Like 1

Personally I would leave the hairline alone, and focus on creating the correct angles between your temple points and temple - hairline closure corners. I would then aim to improve density in the reconstructed temples, and soften them with very fine haired grafts. 

Be careful to not blunt the angles too much. I'd consider something like this. But difficultto place the temple peaks precicely witrhout seeing your eyes and eyebrows.

I would round the cornes just a little bit, and extend the temple peaks. In my mind the current temple are too "straight down" and does not 'swoop' enough forward towards the eyes/eyebrows.

image.png.d92335bdca030eae463f5793e9cde671.png

• Like 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

• Administrators

Personally, I think this result is overall satisfactory. I think the hairline is exceptional. The temples in my opinion could’ve been a bit more aggressive. I think the transitionary zone could use a different shape. 

I don’t know why people keep mentioning cost, that’s irrelevant. A good result is good regardless of cost, a bad result is bad regardless of cost. 

Hasson and Wong are one of the best clinics because of their ethics, not just their results. Hair transplant surgery isn’t perfect, and no surgeon on earth is perfect. Anyone questioning whether Dr. Hasson can deliver surely have never seen @Aftermath result. His hairline and temples are probably the best I’ve ever seen on this forum. 

I think his hair characteristics and color are very similar to @Nordster34 I would use him as a template. 

1D6B0B71-A38A-4689-90BF-2F5F7C59A6D8.jpeg94685EE4-409D-42E1-A902-AD4BCF55E5E1.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Personally, I think this result is overall satisfactory. I think the hairline is exceptional. The temples in my opinion could’ve been a bit more aggressive. I think the transitionary zone could use a different shape. 

I don’t know why people keep mentioning cost, that’s irrelevant. A good result is good regardless of cost, a bad result is bad regardless of cost. 

Hasson and Wong are one of the best clinics because of their ethics, not just their results. Hair transplant surgery isn’t perfect, and no surgeon on earth is perfect. Anyone questioning whether Dr. Hasson can deliver surely have never seen @Aftermath result. His hairline and temples are probably the best I’ve ever seen on this forum. 

I think his hair characteristics and color are very similar to @Nordster34 I would use him as a template. 

1D6B0B71-A38A-4689-90BF-2F5F7C59A6D8.jpeg94685EE4-409D-42E1-A902-AD4BCF55E5E1.jpeg

We shouldnt judge the surgeon by one underwhelming case, but we also shouldnt say that the same surgeon does amazing work based on his best ever result.

The issue here is clear, Hasson made errors. The hairline and temples look off. "Exceptional" result shouldnt look like this, because it clearly looks like the hair has been altered. 

I would be very grateful if the clinic came forward and said what parts of surgery are actually done by dr Hasson himself. From the threads Ive read it seems that his involvement is minimal.

• Like 4

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, nicoandgello said:

We shouldnt judge the surgeon by one underwhelming case, but we also shouldnt say that the same surgeon does amazing work based on his best ever result.

The issue here is clear, Hasson made errors. The hairline and temples look off. "Exceptional" result shouldnt look like this, because it clearly looks like the hair has been altered. 

I would be very grateful if the clinic came forward and said what parts of surgery are actually done by dr Hasson himself. From the threads Ive read it seems that his involvement is minimal.

Dr. Hasson has way more than one result, he’s got over 20 years worth of results. I brought his case up because he’s very similar in terms of hair characteristics. I believe Doug responded a few pages back to some of the concerns. IMO there’s very little that a clinic can say in this situation. The only thing they can do is offer support and try and make it right, which is what they’ve done.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 hours ago, Nordster34 said:

anything straight with equal density at the temporl region looks unnatural. i would go with this.Textured Quiff

• 2 months later...
On 2/25/2023 at 2:02 PM, shadowcast said:

I just look at this thread and I'm kind of astounded, both at the result and the fact that it cost $35k. I cannot fathom why anyone would bother getting a transplant in the USA at this point.

It’s Canada not USA and the problem isn’t with the clinic, if you look at this patients prior hair before transplant they were just trying to emulate his original hair design which already had unusual temple points and if you take into consideration his head shape is very long which does affect temples and hairline design. It really wasn’t the doctors fault here. Hasson is an excellent surgeon his track record proves it and his clinic is by far one of the best in the world.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

It’s Canada not USA and the problem isn’t with the clinic, if you look at this patients prior hair before transplant they were just trying to emulate his original hair design which already had unusual temple points and if you take into consideration his head shape is very long which does affect temples and hairline design. It really wasn’t the doctors fault here. Hasson is an excellent surgeon his track record proves it and his clinic is by far one of the best in the world.

Good point re: Canada, please swap out the part where I said "USA" with "North America". Disagree with everything else you said. No human on earth would have temple points like a clothes hook, no competent doctor would underestimate by that many grafts. I think someone else raised this point elsewhere in the thread, if this surgery occurred in Turkey the doctor would be crucified.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! This is going to be a brief post since I just had my follow up procedure this morning and I am hoping to rest up tonight.

In short, the clinic was extremely professional, they stand by their work, and I am optimistic for a good result! For context, I did reach out to other top physicians for a touchup procedure (the big names that everyone on here knows) and I ultimately felt confident in the decision to go back to Dr. Hasson for the refinement. It means a lot that they stand by their work and, while I am fortunate to be able to afford to go to other top docs, in my follow up discussions with H&W I felt like they had a great gasp of my goals, cared about making my case a 10/10 success, and had the ability to deliver. Of course, we won’t know the final result for another ~12 months, but again I am feeling optimistic. 

The procedure went smoothly and was a very similar process to last time, so I won’t go into that in detail. It is worth noting, however, that the doctor did a great job of walking me through many of the fine details/decisions/techniques that he uses and would be using in my case. I have a lot of appreciation for the art and science and detail that he shared with me.

Posting the post-op photos here since I am sure that is what everyone is most interested in. There is already some swelling, same as last time, so you’ll notice the head shape already looks a bit odd but I am feeling optimistic about the design/geometry!

IMG_2171.jpeg

IMG_2170.jpeg

IMG_2169.jpeg

IMG_2168.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks good. They just lowered your previous widow’s peak with new temple you drew with pencil. Its roughly what you drew but bit better finishing touch.

good luck and let us know the grafts details