Dr. Hasson | 3,000 graft | 31M Caucasian | Documenting the Journey

Nordster34

29 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

What if Konior only needs 3/4ths of a day to complete your surgery? Will you get refunded $5k? 🤣

Quite a few doctors charge by time instead of graft count, and unsurprisingly it always benefits the doctor's wallet, not the patients. 

I'm not sure if it's a common practice in the industry, or how long it's been going on, but it rubs me the wrong way. 

I don't think I've seen a case where he provides less than an agreed minimum of grafts and usually you get more than a negligible amount by the end of the surgery. Still very expensive compared to other doctors, but nearly every patient case I've seen received somewhere from the ballpark of 200 to 1k grafts than initially quoted at no additional cost. It's always a nice surprise.

That said, I think Nordster's assumption of the day rate is off unless he's basing this on a prior schedule from a year or two back.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HairyCarey said:

As someone who just joined to research more before making this life altering decision. I decided to look up H&W since I heard amazing things. I recently just canceled my Dr Benham procedure because of some of the comments / reviews on this site.

But this work by H&W is not good, and its weird to see so many people praising it. Unless its going to look amazing in like another year, the pictures I've seen of that straight line near his temple just looks so fake how it connects to his hairline. The angle is very strange. Not just that, but they should have kept it natural and more reserved, they brought it too far forward

It's making me question some of the judgement of the commenters

I’m also confused on how some of these veterans on here are touting this result.  It’s clearly an unnatural and poorly designed result with poor service to boot.

would’ve been interesting to see the comments had the OP indicated he went with a no name Turkish clinic.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, HairyCarey said:

As someone who just joined to research more before making this life altering decision. I decided to look up H&W since I heard amazing things. I recently just canceled my Dr Benham procedure because of some of the comments / reviews on this site.

But this work by H&W is not good, and its weird to see so many people praising it. Unless its going to look amazing in like another year, the pictures I've seen of that straight line near his temple just looks so fake how it connects to his hairline. The angle is very strange. Not just that, but they should have kept it natural and more reserved, they brought it too far forward

It's making me question some of the judgement of the commenters

I’m also confused on how some of these veterans on here are touting this result.  It’s clearly an unnatural and poorly designed result with poor service to boot.

would’ve been interesting to see the comments had the OP indicated he went with a no name Turkish clinic.

• Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

In looking back on Nordster34’s pre pics it looks like he had some natural temples already. The only reason I can think of for building out his temples is because his hairline wasn’t dropped down far enough. If the hairline had been designed lower I think it would have lined up with his pre-existing temple area. 

My pre pics are very similar to Nordster34. Hasson lowered my hairline quite a bit more that Nordster34’s and he was able to blend it in with my temples quite naturally. 

Nordster did you request a higher hairline than what Hasson recommended?

Does anyone know the criteria a surgeon uses to recommend temple work?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

In looking back on Nordster34’s pre pics it looks like he had some natural temples already. The only reason I can think of for building out his temples is because his hairline wasn’t dropped down far enough. If the hairline had been designed lower I think it would have lined up with his pre-existing temple area. 

My pre pics are very similar to Nordster34. Hasson lowered my hairline quite a bit more that Nordster34’s and he was able to blend it in with my temples quite naturally. 

Does anyone know the criteria a surgeon uses to recommend temple work?

Just general: Isn't it the opposite relation? Pretty sure the lower the hairline the more temple work needed as an industry rule of thumb. 

15 minutes ago, Z-- said:

nearly every patient case I've seen received somewhere from the ballpark of 200 to 1k grafts than initially quoted at no additional cost. It's always a nice surprise.

I get what you're saying and to some extent I even agree. But when you consider the cost of the paid grafts, the free grafts aren't really much of a charity ya know. 

When you are paying the premium cost to see Konior, I would almost expect him to throw me a few free bones my way lol. 

I totally understand temple points are significant and can add greatly to one's youthfulness. 

But does anyone else think temple points are a bit overhyped? Are strong, youthful temple points really a mandatory part of hair transplants these days?

Temple points are very risky and as we clearly see, they are challenging for even elite docs. 

I definitely emphasize with @Nordster34.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all he ever wanted really was a conservative/mature hairline design. I'm not even sure if Nordster cared about the temple points. 

But I'm not surprised given this current climate of thinking that everyone must have strong, youthful temple points - that Hasson went all-in, and now Nordster is left to repair the temple points - an aspect of his hair transplant he may not have even cared about at all pre-surgery. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, davidn said:

Just general: Isn't it the opposite relation? Pretty sure the lower the hairline the more temple work needed as an industry rule of thumb. 

Maybe it’s the angle of the temples. I think Nordster34 posted he has a wider forehead which may also factor in. 

I’d like to see his result full head on to get a better sense of the design. It’s hard to assess the design based on only portions of the face and head. 

I wonder how often Hasson does temple work on his patients. It seems like a specialized skill. 

• Like 1

Just now, HappyMan2021 said:

everyone seems to have forgotten how Hasson totally peaced out on Nordster after surgery. No post-op chit chat or anything. 

Not only that but after months of him trying to contact and finally getting a zoom call, Hasson didn’t even have his file details and “would have to get back to him”.  Assuming I remember this correctly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Calihome1 said:

Not only that but after months of him trying to contact and finally getting a zoom call, Hasson didn’t even have his file details and “would have to get back to him”.  Assuming I remember this correctly.

oh yea you are right, I forgot about that as well. 

31 minutes ago, Kent said:

Good question. I did not specify or want to specify exactly where things should go, I picked a tier-1 expert for a reason! The only thing I specifically said was that I want a mature & refined hairline that won’t look weird or fake for years to come, and that I trusted his judgement on what that would mean design-wise. Tbh, i think if he had gone lower on the hairline by 0.5-1cm and done a softer/rounder design, it’d look much more mature and refined. The high hairline plus extreme sharp angularity and super pointy temples isn’t really something found in nature. 

22 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all he ever wanted really was a conservative/mature hairline design. I'm not even sure if Nordster cared about the temple points. 

But I'm not surprised given this current climate of thinking that everyone must have strong, youthful temple points - that Hasson went all-in, and now Nordster is left to repair the temple points - an aspect of his hair transplant he may not have even cared about at all pre-surgery.

Correct. Temple points was not something I was considering going into the procedure. He pitched it as he’d do some very light/minor temple work and that most of the focus would be on the hairline. Definitely ended up with wayyy more temple work than expected. 

9 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

everyone seems to have forgotten how Hasson totally peaced out on Nordster after surgery. No post-op chit chat or anything. 

Yeah this was the aspect of the procedure that really made me feel lousy. Honestly, walking out of the clinic after two days of surgery with a really unexpectedly angular looking design with tons more temple work than I bargained for and a $35k lighter wallet and the doctor not even being available to answer questions, inspect the work, or just have a basic debrief conversation… it was unbelievably soul crushing. It was super depressing and frankly made me feel like a fool.

All that said, I bounced back pretty quickly and ultimately the only thing I’m focused on is the result, not the bedside manner. Unfortunately the result is starting to look like some of my fears were well-founded. Will see what it looks like when month 12 hits… 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2022 at 8:05 PM, stephcurry30 said:

Wow what a great result! I remember OP being worried about the temples but they look great! 

After taking a more detailed look at the photos I actually agree the templates do not look natural. Sometimes it's better to try and comfort a patient after a big investment like this and that's where I was coming from. 

Also after reading about the lack of communication and bedside manner that is also worrisome. 

OP I hope you get this issue resolved and a great surgeon like Cooley or Konior can step in and give their opinions and thoughts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nordster34 said:

Good question. I did not specify or want to specify exactly where things should go, I picked a tier-1 expert for a reason! The only thing I specifically said was that I want a mature & refined hairline that won’t look weird or fake for years to come, and that I trusted his judgement on what that would mean design-wise. Tbh, i think if he had gone lower on the hairline by 0.5-1cm and done a softer/rounder design, it’d look much more mature and refined. The high hairline plus extreme sharp angularity and super pointy temples isn’t really something found in nature. 

Correct. Temple points was not something I was considering going into the procedure. He pitched it as he’d do some very light/minor temple work and that most of the focus would be on the hairline. Definitely ended up with wayyy more temple work than expected. 

Yeah this was the aspect of the procedure that really made me feel lousy. Honestly, walking out of the clinic after two days of surgery with a really unexpectedly angular looking design with tons more temple work than I bargained for and a $35k lighter wallet and the doctor not even being available to answer questions, inspect the work, or just have a basic debrief conversation… it was unbelievably soul crushing. It was super depressing and frankly made me feel like a fool.

All that said, I bounced back pretty quickly and ultimately the only thing I’m focused on is the result, not the bedside manner. Unfortunately the result is starting to look like some of my fears were well-founded. Will see what it looks like when month 12 hits… 

i think you definitely look better than pre surgery. Maybe the temple points are a bit unnatural to the super critical eye, but I am sure in day to day life no one will notice.  Have you gotten comments ? positive or negative? like you look younger?

with time the hair will soften a bit. it is what it is. can't dwell on the past. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I’d move on with Konior. No offense to Hasson and Wong, I consulted with them way back in the early teens-they’re amazing, but why not when you could say, “I’ve had work done by Hasson and Konior”. I don’t know, it sounds nice, doesn’t it? 😆

While the temples are, indeed, very poorly designed, Hasson still did a very good job with your hairline and there’s excellent density throughout. I don’t think any amount of softening of the recipient hairs is going to change how you feel, though. Konior would put the icing on the cake with the redesign of the temples.

Not to mention Konior is a literal hair transplant wizard. I’ve said it before but that guy waves his magic scalpel and “poof” 800 grafts are in your scalp and 4 to 8 months later you’re starting to look like who you feel like you are.

This is only my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt. I don’t even think I need to say that you’re miles ahead of where you were pre-op. (Except I did say it😂)

OP, you can wait until 12 months but what you see now is pretty much what you're gonna see then.

Consult with a few more surgeons and see what they recommend. 

To me, there is no point returning back to the original clinic, you can look at other posts from them where expectations have not been met based on the large number of grafts they use for relatively small surface areas.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 6:13 PM, shiba1985 said:

I am sure in day to day life no one will notice.  Have you gotten comments ? positive or negative? like you look younger?

Have definitely gotten overall comments from friends who don’t know I had a procedure along the lines of “you look more tan” and “your skin looks better” and “you look healthier these days,” which is great! On the flip side, folks who are close to me including my mom, wife, sister, etc. have all said it looks great but the angles are really sharp and the temples look like hair plugs. My wife in particular kept calling it my “hair plugs” which was annoying though she wasn’t trying to be mean… (she was actually trying to reassure me by saying “it’s ok thats just what hair plugs look like, I’m glad you got hair plus,” not fully understanding that I paid top dollar for a non-pluggy, subtle FUE). 

On 12/22/2022 at 8:30 AM, Steeeve said:

Konior would put the icing on the cake with the redesign of the temples.

Not to mention Konior is a literal hair transplant wizard. I’ve said it before but that guy waves his magic scalpel and “poof” 800 grafts are in your scalp and 4 to 8 months later you’re starting to look like who you feel like you are.

That does sound amazing…

22 hours ago, Kent said:

It may be of interest to know Feller and Bloxom recently uploaded a YouTube case on temple planning and design.

Thanks! Just watched it. After watching this and after reading a bunch about temple points on other posts here, I’m honestly flummoxed as to why H&W used doubles, triples, and thick hair from the back of my head on my temples. Everyone here AND the Feller and Bloxom video all talk about how temples should be done with the finest most delicate hairs and not use doubles and triples. Wtf this seems like basic knowledge that every other doctor talks about. Konior even uses nape hairs for temples. I’m pretty upset that there are literally thick caliber double grafts directly on the leading edge of the temple points!!!

Edited by Nordster34
  • Well Done 1

2 minutes ago, Nordster34 said:

Have definitely gotten overall comments from friends who don’t know I had a procedure along the lines of “you look more tan” and “your skin looks better” and “you look healthier” these days, which is great! On the flip side, folks who are close to me including my mom, wife, sister, etc. have all said it looks great but the angles are really sharp and the temples look like hair plugs. My wife in particular keeps calling it my hair plugs which is annoying… (she’s trying to reassure me by saying “it’s ok thats just what hair plugs look like, they’re always pluggy, I can always tell when ppl have hair plugs,” not fully understanding that I paid top dollar for a non-pluggy, subtle FUE). 

That does sound amazing…

Thanks! Just watched it. After watching this and after reading a bunch about temple points on other posts here, I’m honestly flummoxed as to why H&W used doubles, triples, and thick hair from the back of my head on my temples. Everyone here AND the Feller and Bloxom video all talk about how temples should be done with the finest most delicate hairs and not use doubles and triples. Wtf this seems like basic knowledge that every other doctor talks about. Konior even uses nape hairs for temples. I’m pretty upset that there are literally thick caliber double grafts directly on the leading edge of the temple points!!!

I was surprised that Feller and Bloxom chose to use a lot of hair in the temples for the patient in the recent video on YouTube. The patient appeared to shave them down low in the after part of the video. It looked very good in my opinion.

I would think a follow up with Hasson wouldn’t be a bad idea since you’re at the 9 month mark. I’d be curious to hear his opinion on the outcome at this point. 

Ultimately those hairs may get softer and refined. 

After doing quite a bit of reading and research regarding temple point best practices, I am extremely surprised as to the extent of the problems with my temples from H&W. It is very clear that temple points are always among the finest, wispiest, thinnest caliber hairs to be found one the head. For this reason, it is always advisable to use only single grafts of the finest possible caliber. Many of the top doctors use nape hairs for temples for this reason. I'm a nerd, and I decided to whip out the microscope and look at the temple point grafts to see what H&W used, considering they look so unnatural and pluggy. I knew I could see some doubles with the naked eye, but I was quite shocked by the incompetence revealed by the microscope. Here's what I found:

Pictures of Leading Edges of Each Temple (i.e., the very front part of the temple where it transitions from hair to skin, where the absolute finest, thinnest, single, delicate grafts should go):

Left Temple - 

2.thumb.jpg.a93039267d73954a47fd3849c34a25d3.jpg1.thumb.jpg.bdcc41d90a8e4ec16bb99f3343467174.jpg3.thumb.jpg.f6d15a00b6a16107825c10e48c3e4c06.jpg

Right Temple - 

6.thumb.jpg.b8546eaa75a7caded092529ede8710e1.jpg5.thumb.jpg.d409922f52cd199ea2fe45217d355d7c.jpg4.thumb.jpg.676d052b91e9ed78076a81f655c2451d.jpg

For comparison, here's a picture of my nape hair - 

image.jpeg.d68955341429f4c24e74dfdd4f415450.jpeg

For Comparison, here's a picture of where my hair naturally transitions to skin above my ear -  

image.thumb.jpeg.c81e750340303b5e3f00d7f949b09bdb.jpeg

The pictures say it all, but the work here is pretty shocking to me. Virtually all of the grafts along the leading edge line of my temples (and within the temples, though that is a tad less important) are thick caliber, dark in color, double and even triple grafts! It is common knowledge among all the top doctors (Konior, Feller, Bloxham, etc.) that temples should be done with the finest, wispiest, most subtle single grafts, and that using double and triple grafts of thick caliber, like what was done to me, is absolutely unadvisable. 

Overall, my case does not seem to align with I expected from H&W nor with the price point I paid. I do recognize they've done good recent work (e.g., on @Kent's case). But my case does not seem to be up to their standard at all.

Here is the summary of my H&W experience:

1. I was originally quoted 3,000 grafts. I was upsold (via a very cordial and low-pressure discussion, to be fair) to 4,000 grafts the day before the surgery.
2. When the surgery was complete, I was informed they actually had used nearly 4,600 grafts. I was charged for all the nearly 4,600 grafts, even though I was never told the graft count would be increasing again.
3. The placement of the transplant did not adhere to the purple lines that were drawn on my skin prior to the procedure, and the temple points in particular extended massively beyond the purple line. 
4. The angularity of the transplant did not adhere to the purple lines that were drawn prior to the procedure. The hairline corners and temple points are significantly sharper and more angular than what was drawn. 
5. Dr. Hasson was only present for an extremely limited time during both days of surgery. Approximately 29 minutes in the room on day 1, and only about 16 minutes in the room on day 2. 
6. I was told during the initial phone consult that Dr. Hasson only does 1 patient per day. This was patently false as both Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong typically do 2 patients per day each (4 surgeries were going on simultaneously when I was there, and when I casually asked the techs about it, they said that two surgeries per doctor per day was the norm). 
7. Dr. Hasson was not present at all at the end of day 2, which didn't even end late in the evening. My procedure wrapped up around 4:30pm and he wasn't physically present in the office to inspect the work, answer questions, or conduct any sort of debrief. 
8. After contacting the clinic to debrief and get clarity on some aspects of the procedure (e.g., that I heard a tech mention that my donor area was depleted—which ended up not being the case), I had a call with Dr. Hasson and he did not have my file available or any context on the conversation. He was polite enough and very friendly, but unprepared.
9. The temple points are not well-constructed in terms of geometry/design nor in terms of graft selection. Thick caliber doubles and triples were used throughout the leading edge of both temples, which is a clear mistake.
10. The upper left corner of the hairline, which is where I always part my hair and where there is a natural part given the pattern/swirl of my hair, is extremely, noticeably sparse. 

Given all of the advice I have received here and elsewhere, I am leaning towards going with Konior to fix this instead of going back to H&W given they delivered the subpar result and experience in the first place. That said, I am absolutely open to discussing my case with H&W openly and transparently and hearing what they recommend. I will set up a follow-up conversation with H&W and will keep everyone here posted. 

Overall, I'm very grateful that this community exists. Even though my result hasn't been excellent (and I did find, learn about, and select H&W based on the recommended docs here on HRN), the feedback and discussion here has been excellent and I am extremely grateful to everyone who has taken the time to read and comment on this thread. Thank you all so much! 

Edited by Nordster34
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Nordster34 said:

After doing quite a bit of reading and research regarding temple point best practices, I am extremely surprised as to the extent of the problems with my temples from H&W. It is very clear that temple points are always among the finest, wispiest, thinnest caliber hairs to be found one the head. For this reason, it is always advisable to use only single grafts of the finest possible caliber. Many of the top doctors use nape hairs for temples for this reason. I'm a nerd, and I decided to whip out the microscope and look at the temple point grafts to see what H&W used, considering they look so unnatural and pluggy. I knew I could see some doubles with the naked eye, but I was quite shocked by the incompetence revealed by the microscope. Here's what I found:

Pictures of Leading Edges of Each Temple (i.e., the very front part of the temple where it transitions from hair to skin, where the absolute finest, thinnest, single, delicate grafts should go):

Left Temple - 

2.thumb.jpg.a93039267d73954a47fd3849c34a25d3.jpg1.thumb.jpg.bdcc41d90a8e4ec16bb99f3343467174.jpg3.thumb.jpg.f6d15a00b6a16107825c10e48c3e4c06.jpg

Right Temple - 

6.thumb.jpg.b8546eaa75a7caded092529ede8710e1.jpg5.thumb.jpg.d409922f52cd199ea2fe45217d355d7c.jpg4.thumb.jpg.676d052b91e9ed78076a81f655c2451d.jpg

For comparison, here's a picture of my nape hair - 

image.jpeg.d68955341429f4c24e74dfdd4f415450.jpeg

For Comparison, here's a picture of where my hair naturally transitions to skin above my ear -  

image.thumb.jpeg.c81e750340303b5e3f00d7f949b09bdb.jpeg

The pictures say it all, but the work here is pretty shocking to me. Virtually all of the grafts along the leading edge line of my temples (and within the temples, though that is a tad less important) are thick caliber, dark in color, double and even triple grafts! It is common knowledge among all the top doctors (Konior, Feller, Bloxham, etc.) that temples should be done with the finest, wispiest, most subtle single grafts, and that using double and triple grafts of thick caliber, like what was done to me, is absolutely unadvisable. 

Overall, my case does not seem to align with I expected from H&W nor with the price point I paid. I do recognize they've done good recent work (e.g., on @Kent's case). But my case does not seem to be up to their standard at all.

1. I was originally quoted 3,000 grafts. I was upsold (via a very cordial and low-pressure discussion, to be fair) to 4,000 grafts the day before the surgery.
2. When the surgery was complete, I was informed they actually had used 4,600 grafts. I was charged for all 4,600 grafts, even though I was never told the graft count would be increasing again.
3. The placement of the transplant did not adhere to the purple lines that were drawn on my skin prior to the procedure, and the temple points in particular extended massively beyond the purple line. 
4. The angularity of the transplant did not adhere to the purple lines that were drawn prior to the procedure. The hairline corners and temple points are significantly sharper and more angular than what was drawn. 
5. Dr. Hasson was only present for an extremely limited time during both days of surgery. Approximately 29 minutes in the room on day 1, and only about 16 minutes in the room on day 2. 
6. I was told during the initial phone consult that Dr. Hasson only does 1 patient per day. This was patently false as both Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong typically do 2 patients per day each (4 surgeries were going on simultaneously when I was there, and when I casually asked the techs about it, they said that two surgeries per doctor per day was the norm). 
7. Dr. Hasson was not present at all at the end of day 2, which didn't even end late in the evening. My procedure wrapped up around 4:30pm and he wasn't physically present in the office to inspect the work, answer questions, or conduct any sort of debrief. 
8. After contacting the clinic to debrief and get clarity on some aspects of the procedure (e.g., that I heard a tech mention that my donor area was depleted—which ended up not being the case), I had a call with Dr. Hasson and he did not have my file available or any context on the conversation. He was polite enough and very friendly, but unprepared.
9. The temple points are not well-constructed in terms of geometry/design nor in terms of graft selection. Thick caliber doubles and triples were used throughout the leading edge of both temples, which is a clear mistake.
10. The upper left corner of the hairline, which is where I always part my hair and where there is a natural part given the pattern/swirl of my hair, is extremely, noticeably sparse. 

Given all of the advice I have received here and elsewhere, I am leaning towards going with Konior to fix this instead of going back to H&W given they delivered the subpar result and experience in the first place. That said, I am absolutely open to discussing my case with H&W openly and transparently and hearing what they recommend. I will set up a follow-up conversation with H&W and will keep everyone here posted. 

Overall, I'm very grateful that this community exists. Even though my result hasn't been excellent (and I did find, learn about, and select H&W based on the recommended docs here on HRN), the feedback and discussion here has been excellent and I am extremely grateful to everyone who has taken the time to read and comment on this thread. Thank you all so much! 

After rereading this entire thread, and looking at every single detail, I’ve gotta change my stance on this.

The positive is that I believe you still look better than where you started, it’s not like your appearance has stagnated or gotten worse from this procedure. I still believe that your hairlines density is superb especially for a single pass, and it looks very strong even in the weaker conditions such as wet hair. I do believe that the hairline design looks okay (but it’s still not what you asked for, and it’s much sharper than drawn in your plan) but this is where my problem with H&W begins. The service you received, it’s nothing short of atrocious.

• Upselling on grafts, you went from your quoted 3k, to the change of over 1000 grafts and then a additional 600 grafts.
  • Those 1600 grafts were used on a aspect of the surgery barely discussed and pitched as “light work”
  • The vague and delayed responses from H&W, the delayed graft count, the vague comment on the condition of donor. You were ghosted for a couple of months, and for context I got my graft count before 1 day post op. I got my photos from the clinic at about day 10 post op.
  • The doctor leaving the clinic before the patient, I can’t confirm if this happened during my procedure but I was in until late at night on both days, leaving before 4:30 PM, WTF. Not only does he ghost you online but he ghosts you in person.
  • Ignoring you as a customer and patient when it comes to your vision of a plan, You asked for something “mature, timeless and subtle” I think you got something “sharp, aggressive and youthful”
  • I also agree that the hairline to temples just don’t match in the plan. Although if that was the only issue it’s a relatively easy fix with a lowering of the hairline.
  • Way too much work went into the temples, and the work was shoddy too. I don’t think it looks like a complete disaster, not enough to be called hairmill botch job but not enough to be called “elite doctors below average work”. The result on your temples is poor, you will need to get them either repurposed else where or killed off because the angles and the grafts used are just wrong. It’s sucks that 1600 grafts here were just poorly used, hopefully you find a doctor that can salvage that.

It’s shocking the difference in quality in the service we received, it’s baffling to me, it’s like we went to completely different surgeons. It formed a bias for me but there is just too many things here that I wouldn’t be able to forgive if I were in your shoes.

I would have a look at Konior, but I would also consult with the other top elite repair doctors to get a realistic view of what different options can do for you. Feriduni and Cooley are two repair surgeons that I would consult with in particular, but I would still have a preference with Konior, that patient to doctor trust is important and I think Konior will get it right.

You payed top dollar for a “timeless, mature and subtle” hair transplant and the fact that your inner circle calls your temples “hair plugs” is just a unacceptable outcome.

Edited by mister_25
Grammar and Clarity.
  • Like 2
  • Well Done 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

2 hours ago, Nordster34 said:

2. When the surgery was complete, I was informed they actually had used 4,600 grafts. I was charged for all 4,600 grafts, even though I was never told the graft count would be increasing again.

this is concerning from a a clinic that is supposed to be top tier. This is unacceptable. The lies, mis information from their office is pathetic. And if My graft quote went up from 3k to 4k and then to 4.6k (un knowingly) AND I had to pay for the extra grafts I would be FUMING. Plus you got a a hairline/temples that you aren't pleased with? This just poor from H&W and although hair transplants aren't considered guaranteed, all of these errors could of been avoided with the doctor/clinic being honest and up front. 

'll make a note to myself to never ever have a consultation with H&W for any further operations. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nordster34 said:

Utterly shocking. 

Aside from the incredibly poor temple work executed here, the whole experience has seemingly been completely lousy, neglectful, and unforgiving. 

This thread is unfortunately on par with some of the Diep threads that has finally led to his membership being re-assessed by the moderators and community as a whole.

I strongly suggest that the Dr needs to publicly address what’s gone on here, because like someone has previously mentioned - it’s one thing accepting a less than par result from an alleged top surgeon, for instance growth not yielding as expected. 

However in this instance, you are looking at unethical practices, neglect, and gross surgical error. 

It makes for very concerning reading, and is yet another example of a worrying trend in recent times, of perceived to be highly reputable doctors operating in the same manner as what you would expect to find in the conveyor belt hair mills. 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 1