Dr. Hasson | 3,000 graft | 31M Caucasian | Documenting the Journey

Nordster34

Looking good, very clean work I must say.

Looks like hairline lowered 1.5cm and temple peaks came forward almost 1 cm? Spot on for what many of us drew on top of your images from the first procedure. Very much looking forward to following this one, thank you for sharing :)

• Thanks 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

• Administrators

Very happy they stood by their work, I love the design 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Nordster34 said:

Hi everyone! This is going to be a brief post since I just had my follow up procedure this morning and I am hoping to rest up tonight.

In short, the clinic was extremely professional, they stand by their work, and I am optimistic for a good result! For context, I did reach out to other top physicians for a touchup procedure (the big names that everyone on here knows) and I ultimately felt confident in the decision to go back to Dr. Hasson for the refinement. It means a lot that they stand by their work and, while I am fortunate to be able to afford to go to other top docs, in my follow up discussions with H&W I felt like they had a great gasp of my goals, cared about making my case a 10/10 success, and had the ability to deliver. Of course, we won’t know the final result for another ~12 months, but again I am feeling optimistic. 

The procedure went smoothly and was a very similar process to last time, so I won’t go into that in detail. It is worth noting, however, that the doctor did a great job of walking me through many of the fine details/decisions/techniques that he uses and would be using in my case. I have a lot of appreciation for the art and science and detail that he shared with me.

Posting the post-op photos here since I am sure that is what everyone is most interested in. There is already some swelling, same as last time, so you’ll notice the head shape already looks a bit odd but I am feeling optimistic about the design/geometry!

IMG_2171.jpeg

IMG_2170.jpeg

IMG_2169.jpeg

IMG_2168.jpeg

Looking good mate. happy growing. Was this touch up for free? Or did you have to pay for this one? 

On 2/26/2023 at 12:25 AM, Steeeve said:

Please pardon my crude drawings but I think if you were to extend the temple points by a bit it would help to close off the forehead and frame your face a little better.

Something along the lines of this:3253A58E-8B0A-4A49-B0A3-53BB9A207412.jpeg.749d241e8c51d1fd00b41c54b25b8cff.jpeg3DA80155-4B0C-495E-8221-619B671C678B.jpeg.a77bffc8bb99400a8693af71416277d8.jpegB76DF24D-C527-4439-A187-CBBD312D85AE.jpeg.53eb3d3fb66107a065d740ecb70a8e81.jpegagain, it’s very crude, however, I think it would really close off your forehead giving you a better frame.

Just my 2 cents.

Tbh, your hairline looks great. Congrats.

yes agree with you 

@Nordster34 can you please clarify/confirm - this was a 100% free repair for you? (if so I imagine you still had to pay for travel, hotel, etc right?)

If so that is a really good outcome for you, especially since you weren't even "botched" the 1st time really. Just needing a 2nd pass/modification, which should actually be considered par for the course. There are many many stories of guys on here in similar situations who have to pay for a 2nd pass in full. So consider yourself very lucky. 

Also, did Dr. Hasson actually stay at the clinic till the end of surgery this time and give you a proper debrief?

Edited by HappyMan2021

Hi all! Thanks everyone for the continued interest in my journey! I wanted to respond to a few of the questions that have come up from @Chrisno @stephcurry30 @HappyMan2021 @TrainingDay

1. Cost: Yes, the clinic did not charge me for the refinement/touch-up procedure in my case. The takeaway here is that they stand by their work. 

It's worth dispelling the idea that this is somehow a "better deal" than if I had achieved the desired result on the first pass. Our time on this earth is the most precious commodity we all have. I value my time, which is why I went to a world-class doctor in the first place. If I could pay $10k to wave a magic wand and have achieved the perfect final result at the end of my 1st procedure, I would. What I garner from my case is that H&W cares about the quality of their work and, in the seemingly rare cases (like mine) where the outcome doesn't achieve the original goal, they will make it right. 

2. Hairline: We ended up lowering it by maybe 1cm. Anything beyond that visible in the pics is simply dovetailing that in with the prior hairline. The lowering of the hairline wasn't really the goal. The goal was to balance out the hairline with the temples and to refine the geometry along with the temples to generally make things look a bit more natural and refined. 

3. Debrief: I'm doing my debrief with Dr. Hasson on Monday. He didn't stay at the clinic until the end of the procedure on Friday (around 5pm), but he did a) swing by at about 3pm to check on the progress of the implantation, and b) get on the phone with me at 5pm to discuss the final photos.

I know I made a big deal about the doctor not staying until the end. I still feel that with my original procedure, ending on a Friday and not having any debrief whatsoever was a miss. But I think a final check-in around 3pm + a debrief call to discuss the photos he received at the end of the day + coming in on the following business day (which in my case is Monday) are sufficient to address my lack of debrief concern. The Dr. needs to have some balance in his life, too. Given how early the procedures start every day (6:30-7am), I think this is a reasonable compromise. 

At the end of the day, of course I still wish I had gotten the perfect final result in one pass. Every procedure means giving up a lot of time, missing out on social events, travel, athletic activities, etc. After reflecting quite a lot on my case, I think by picking a world class clinic I dramatically increased the odds of getting a great result first try. But I ended up in the unlucky minority of cases (from top clinics, that is) where a touch-up was needed. In the end, H&W stood by their work and reputation. Fingers crossed it’ll look perfect in another 12 months of growing! I think it’s looking really good and I’m definitely optimistic it’ll be exactly what I want in 12 months time!

I'll update with some pics shortly.

Edit: attaching 48-hour post op pics 

IMG_2191.jpeg

IMG_2192.jpeg

IMG_2193.jpeg

Edited by Nordster34
  • Like 6

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2023 at 2:51 PM, Chrisno said:

Hello @Nordster34 how is everything going with the refinement session you had done? :)

Nothing really to report yet! Thanks for checking in.

Quick status update is: I’m still in the ugly duckling phase. I’m about 2.5-3 ish months out from the procedure so I think that’s normal. Everything has shed and not much new growth yet. A few things sprouting but nothing indicative yet. I will definitely report in once there is more progress!  

Edited by Nordster34
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Yes, I’d love to see an update.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Good timing as I was about to share an update since things are starting to grow in a little bit. Here are some pictures. Hair is starting to sprout and I think it will look good. I’m already cautiously optimistic that it’ll be a big upgrade from the original result. Means a lot that H&W stood by their work. I will continue to post every couple of months. As of now, I think the hairline and the density are looking good and will end up looking more natural overall. We brought the hairline down a tiny bit (maybe 1cm) which is balancing out more nicely with the youthful/aggressive temples for an overall more natural look. I am told the corners and the point / peak middle will continue to soften over time as the hair grows in and matures.

IMG_3224.jpeg

IMG_3219.jpeg

IMG_3218.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Spent a couple hours reading this entire topic late last night so I'm emotionally invested in your journey now @Nordster34 haha would also love to hear/see an update. I feel like you unfortunately got the shaft in this situation and hope things work out and wishing you the best 

Here you go! I’d say the results will be improved after the refinement for sure. It’s continuing to grow in and thicken. The temple points and hairline are all still pretty sharp, but Dr Hasson said those will continue to soften over time. I do think lowering the hairline by a centimeter or so was key as previously the hairline was high & conservative while the temple points were aggressive & youthful, leading to an unbalanced look. Lowering the hairline a tiny bit and softening the temples should lead to a more balanced outcome. Time will tell but I am hopeful. 

IMG_3723.jpeg

IMG_3722.jpeg

IMG_3721.jpeg

IMG_3720.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Looks much much better! Tbh I thought it was already refined haha sure it'll only get even better , congrats!

37 minutes ago, Nordster34 said:

Here you go! I’d say the results will be improved after the refinement for sure. It’s continuing to grow in and thicken. The temple points and hairline are all still pretty sharp, but Dr Hasson said those will continue to soften over time. I do think lowering the hairline by a centimeter or so was key as previously the hairline was high & conservative while the temple points were aggressive & youthful, leading to an unbalanced look. Lowering the hairline a tiny bit and softening the temples should lead to a more balanced outcome. Time will tell but I am hopeful. 

IMG_3723.jpeg

IMG_3722.jpeg

IMG_3721.jpeg

IMG_3720.jpeg

Edited by mehereyouthere