Input Requested Regarding The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Felipe Pittella

• Administrators
Dear valued members, physicians, and visitors of our community, 

As most of you know, we request input from our community and our recommended physicians before we approve any physician for a recommendation.We invite you to review the below information about Dr. Felipe Pittella @Dr. Felipe Pittella and his results and to post a reply with your opinion. You can also message us privately if you prefer. 

Dr. Felipe Pittella has garnered a platinum reputation on our forum since he started posting his results. His cases have been awe-inspiring and even mesmerizing. His quality, case presentation, and results have been top-notch. Dr. Pittella can achieve incredible coverage and density on extremely difficult cases.  

We are now considering him for a potential recommendation- this requires that he meet our strict community standards of performing ultra-refined follicular unit grafting with consistently high yields and excellent results. We expect our surgeons to be able to not only dense-pack quality follicular unit grafting but also have the capacity and staffing to transplant thousands of follicular units per day. 

Our recommended physicians must operate transparently and be held publicly accountable, knowing that their patients may come to our forum and review them right after surgery. Transparency builds trust and accountability, which is the foundation for credibility. That is why our list of recommendations is unlike any other on the internet. We use the collective wisdom and input of the entire community.

Why we Feel Dr. Pittella is worthy of recommendation. 

Dr. Pitella performs FUE solely in his practice. Dr. Pitella uses 0.9 to 0.95 manual and motorized punches. He performs body hair transplants (BHT) on patients with advanced hair loss and patients who have exhausted their scalp hair donor supply. He uses the dull needle implantation (DNI) technique to create pre-made incisions with the sapphire blade and implant the grafts with Choi and Lion implanter pens. 

Dr. Pitella prefers a very hands-on, custom approach. He handles all of his consultations, plans, designs every procedure, and creates the recipient sites for every patient. He performs every part of the procedure with the utmost attention to detail and finesse. In this bespoke package, he devises the surgical plan, designs the hairline, creates the recipient sites, performs all extractions, and implants most of the grafts himself with assistance from his junior doctor.  

Dr. Pittella became a board-certified Plastic Surgeon after completing his surgical residency at the Instituto De Providencia Do Estado De Minas Gerais (IPSEMG) in 2016. He learned how to perform hair transplant surgery during his surgical residency under Dr. Marcelo Pitchon with IPSEMG from 2013-2016. Dr. Pittella has been performing some of the best work out of South America since 2016. Dr. Pitella has attended several workshops and workshop training, including advanced FUE, with Dr. Roberto Trivellini in 2016. Most recently, the 6th Latin American workshop in Cancun 2020.  

As always we learn through our collective knowledge and experiences. Look forward to hearing your input and feedback.

View Dr. Felipe Pittellas instagram HERE which contains several high-quality video of his work. View his website which will be redesigned soon HERE 

Patient review on Instagram:

Below are some examples of his work:
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Thank you for providing your feedback and input.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Thank you for your input @Gatsby @Zach 🙏🏼

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
Just now, Gokuhairline said:

yes - I approve

Thank you 🙏🏼 

View my thread

His work looks great and he's been a great asset to the hair loss community. I agree that he has earned the distinction of being recommended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Do you have any results posted by members, just to get an unbiased results? The work looks good. Just would like to see some results posted by patients directly. Just my personal opinion. 

• Like 6

His results is amazing but as @moe007wrote, a certain standard should be meet before geeting recommended here - just my opinion too. 

We need unbiased results too from his patients, either from reddit-posts, here or some places and i have not seen it so far honestly

• Like 1

It’s a no from me. An absolutely no way, no.

Zero patient posted results or testimonials, and he’s only been active on the forum for a couple of months at most. 

No difference to admiring his (admittedly impressive) self published results, to being wowed by Hair of Istanbuls flashy Instagram page. 

If the forum doesn’t maintain the standards it once prided itself upon, RE. The Recommended Surgeon List, then what credibility can it realistically hold within the industry? Tbh - the recommended surgeon list should be reviewed on a frequent basis as there are doctors on here who haven’t themselves posted, or had patients of theirs post results in years.  

Nothing personal against this particular Dr, just providing the rationality that this place needs from time to time.

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 6

I agree with the above sentiments already posted, but I'll give my own 2 cents also.

I think that any clinic to be added to the recommended list should have had a steady stream of real time patient posted reviews for some time, with a clearly positive trend in results over said time (and it doesn't necessarily have to be just on this forum, someone like De Freitas is a good example of this as he has tons of reviews on the Spanish forums).

The problem is, as @Curious25says above, any clinic or surgeon with at least a bit of skill can and does get good to even great results a certain percentage of the time. I do think Felipe's results look really good and have been impressed by them, and I'm sure he's a good doctor, but you can go on YouTube and type in Cosmedica or some other similar clinic and you'll see a number of quite impressive results... Point is that really most clinics can cherry pick a handful of their best out of every few hundred (or more) surgeries performed and most likely impress whoever they're showing it to.

In my personal opinion, a clinic should only be considered for recommendation once they have a decent body of patient posted work out there on one forum or another... I understand this takes time (probably a few years), but it's something you can't fake. There are enough surgeons between say this forum, the Spanish ones and the Italian one who have this and either aren't recommended by this site or aren't really even talked about much by it's representatives. Makes more sense to me to invite these types to post more and consider an already established clinic for recommendation in the process (although I'm aware not everyone is interested in joining).

With newer and as far as I am aware more unknown clinics that have no real patient portfolios out there such as in this case, it makes sense to ask them to get some patients to post on here for a while and then re-consider. 

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 4

I think his work looks phenomenal.  Some of the best high Norwood results I've seen.

That said, so does Hair of Istanbul's, Now Hair Time's, etc. etc.  They all have great stuff on their Instagram, simply because they do ridiculous volume of work, and post only their best results. 

I'm new to this forum, so my opinion shouldn't carry all that much weight, but I think that in order to be fair about who one picks for recommendations, you should have testimonials of actual patients, not from the clinic (because what the clinic/Dr bring will always be biased towards them).

If he's been doing HT surgeries for 2-3 years, let's say even if it was low volume, of 150 a year, that's still over 400 cases, meaning one should be able to find a couple of really good results and sell them to anyone.  The question is more "how consistent is this surgeon", and that's impossible to answer without actually having patients come to the forum, report their success/failure, and give us something to work from.  At the very least have some testimonials on other forums, be it Brazilian ones, reddit, etc.

I myself had my transplant in Brazil, with who I consider the best Brazilian HT surgeon by far (and many people in Brazil think the same), but again, since he has no presence on this forum, and I'm the only patient who's come here from him, I wouldn't advocate him as someone the forum "should recommend" simply because there's not enough non biased documentation of his work on here.

If I had to guess, I'd say he's a talented surgeon.  But a guess shouldn't be an endorsement.  

Edited by Fue3361

Check out my journey here:

I'd just like to add the following as well:  

The Brazilian Real (currency) is currently very weak compared to the US.  I wouldn't be surprised if in the new few years there is a ton of medical tourism there for things like Hair Transplants.  You can get a very good HT there for literally 3.5-4k USD (for a NW3-4).  As this is the case, I'd be shocked if this forum didn't naturally start getting actual patients of Dr. Felipe and showing his work.  And I'm sure there will be forum members who actually go to him in the future, as his prices must be very competitive for him to be getting clients in Brazil (as even well known clinics in Brazil are quite cheap).

Check out my journey here:

I would say leave the other forums alone, especially the European ones, let's base ourselves on what we see and will see on HRN to be able to recommend a clinic or a surgeon to those who are preparing to undergo a hair transplant.  Many European forums are not reliable, only excellent results from certain clinics will be found there, unsuccessful ones will be promptly deleted and it is as if you are seeing the clinic's website or Facebook or Istagram profiles.

14 minutes ago, Egy said:

I would say leave the other forums alone, especially the European ones, let's base ourselves on what we see and will see on HRN to be able to recommend a clinic or a surgeon to those who are preparing to undergo a hair transplant.  Many European forums are not reliable, only excellent results from certain clinics will be found there, unsuccessful ones will be promptly deleted and it is as if you are seeing the clinic's website or Facebook or Istagram profiles.

I see what you're saying, to be fair I have heard the Italian one does that now you bring this up (although I have seen lots of meh results on there that weren't deleted from well known surgeons), but the Spanish forum doesn't, they leave up all reviews as is done here. You can find the good and bad of all surgeons who post on there.

In any case, I'm not suggesting we link up with these forums or something, I'm just making the point that there are numerous surgeons out there already in the world who are well respected, have good reputations and lots of patient posted results; I just don't see the point in adding unknown surgeons with none of this to the reccomended list here when there are more people like De Freitas out there to push people towards or look into and perhaps ask to post on here (which I assume is what happened with him as he was recently added here last year and without any real patient posted testimonials, but that's fine with me as he has a lot on recuperarelpelo).

Edited by JDEE0

6 hours ago, Curious25 said:

The tagline of this forum in all of its youtube videos, is that its a community where you can view 'real hair transplant results from real patients'. 

That is all that should be needed to be known, with regards to this pretty pointless recommendation proposal IMO. 

@JDEE0 has summarised it perfectly - a body of patient results should be acquired on this forum for some time to prove consistency, before even considering a recommendation of any new doctor. Takes time, and may not suit the get cash quick model, if thats whats going on here, but thats where the decision at the top has to be made as to whether the forum is going to sell out, and step aside from their original morals - or maintain the core values. If it is to sell out, because funds are needed to help with new content and other avenues of expansion then thats fine . . but be public about it, and don't continue to preach that the forums recommended list is some ivory league style of vetted doctors based upon multitudes of patient posted results on this forum. 

No experienced poster in their right mind would consider shortlisting this doctor for surgery based upon the information that is available from this forum - again, another thing that is all that needs to be known with regards to this proposal. 

Arshad's recommendation was rushed through, and low and behold, within the following 18 months, there has only been poor to mediocre results from the patient posted threads of his on this forum. 

I am 100% agree with you here.

The forum here should be a place where noobs can come in, choose a doctor from the "recommended list" and know that he is in safe hands and with the best of the best. This is done by making strong demands for good results over several years with testimonies from different patients in different forums. There is no shortage of doctors on the "recommended list" so there is no need to take a chance and accept anyone here.

I've definitely been impressed by his work that he has shown on here as of recently but I would have to agree with some of the other forum members that there is not enough patient testimonials to determine if these solid results are cherry-picked.

There are no patient reviews for this doctor anywhere. His Facebook page has a few reviews from October/November 2016, but they are almost all from women (I'm guessing they weren't hair transplants). Google doesn't shed much light on him either.

He may well be an excellent doctor, but until we have a consistent record of positive, patient-posted reviews, it's a no from me.

I think we need to protect the integrity of the Recommended Surgeons List. I have seen this forum and that list recommended on Facebook, on Reddit and indeed, on other forums as being one that is genuine, unbiased and trustworthy.

I think if this doctor were added to the Recommended Surgeons List, then of course in the near future someone would select him as his potential surgeon. Then that someone would come here to the forum, seeking more information and probably asking what we all think of him. With the lack of any patient reviews, what would you say? "We don't have any first-hand knowledge of his results, but his Instagram looks great"? That hardly inspires confidence in the selection process.

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

Lol you joined for 6 hours ago (when this thread was created)  and this is your first comments? @Melvin- Moderator 

Anyway, I have seen his instagram and it looks as other hair transplants clinics :) so nothing wrong with it. I really likes his results and what he does on the higher norwoods.

This guy is a troll. We want input and feedback from real members, not trolls.

View my thread