4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

On 6/6/2022 at 9:19 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, it’s something I’ve tried to do, let me and get a discount code. 

fwiw, I get my meds from Blink Health. Just Google them. They are totally legit, in the US very cheap and they deliver. Highly recommend. I've been using them for nearly two years now.

• Like 1

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators
21 hours ago, champybaby said:

I thought my crown was done at about 6-7 months and I was happy w/ results. Man, was I wrong. 18 months, imo. And I'm a so-called "fast grower." Looking good, Melvin!

Really you noticed growth after 12 months? That’s definitely encouraging to hear. My hairline grew way faster than the crown, I feel like its 40% there currently. I’m 5.5 months. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:48 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Here is my five month update with some comparisons from 4 months to 5 months. 

D71CDF4C-E102-4697-8D39-CE23BFFB842F.jpg

632A943F-5137-4BA2-BB72-F29CA64B7BD4.jpg

Looking good there, Mr. Studley.

I'm still deciding whether to go to Eugenix or to Dr. Jones for my beard to crown transplant

Edited by Westview
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 5:38 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Really you noticed growth after 12 months? That’s definitely encouraging to hear. My hairline grew way faster than the crown, I feel like its 40% there currently. I’m 5.5 months. 

After going through it myself, I would tell anyone who had crown work done not to assess final results until 18 months. You'll have a good idea at 12 months, but I really don't think things are final-final until month 18, imo.

• Like 2

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Long time lurker here. Love seeing your progress. 

Can you please confirm the difference between the top photo and the bottom photo here. Is it lighting? Angle? Passing of time? I'd love to see a month 1 vs month 6 for the top image. 

I'm in the process of booking my next transplant with Eugenix. My first HT was with a chap in Ausie and my second was with Jerry Cooley. I'd probably go back to Jerry but its more difficult for me to get back into the USA with COVID policies etc at the moment. 

image.jpeg.c14569691aed76cb792484e828b40a52.jpeg

-------------------------------------
700 graphs is never enough! 

Collection of useful links (profiles etc): https://bit.ly/3JC2xwS

• Administrators
11 hours ago, kiwidan said:

Hello. Long time lurker here. Love seeing your progress. 

Can you please confirm the difference between the top photo and the bottom photo here. Is it lighting? Angle? Passing of time? I'd love to see a month 1 vs month 6 for the top image. 

I'm in the process of booking my next transplant with Eugenix. My first HT was with a chap in Ausie and my second was with Jerry Cooley. I'd probably go back to Jerry but its more difficult for me to get back into the USA with COVID policies etc at the moment. 

image.jpeg.c14569691aed76cb792484e828b40a52.jpeg

I did write in my post this was 4 months vs. 5 months. If you look, the angle, room, and lighting is the same. I only post comparisons in the same conditions. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Hi Melvin,

Love your progress! What is your current go to concealer stack? Not sure what brand of fibres to buy. 

Also, I'm one month post FUE at Eugenix and I still have lots of redness. Have you used any products to help the healing process and reduce redness?

On 6/9/2022 at 6:39 PM, Gatsby said:

Melvin I really feel that the laser cap has made a big difference in your growth rate (and especially for the crown). I realize you have existing recipient hair but you look awesome for 5 months! 👌

Here’s a good article supporting the science behind laser caps:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28489273/

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 1:49 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I did write in my post this was 4 months vs. 5 months. If you look, the angle, room, and lighting is the same. I only post comparisons in the same conditions. 

Thank you. I misread the post. 

The 4-5 month results are massive! You must be stocked 🙂

• Administrators
On 6/29/2022 at 4:41 PM, calshe said:

Hi Melvin,

Love your progress! What is your current go to concealer stack? Not sure what brand of fibres to buy. 

Also, I'm one month post FUE at Eugenix and I still have lots of redness. Have you used any products to help the healing process and reduce redness?

Currently, I’m just using a little bit of “boldify” fairly cheap hair fiber from Amazon. I don’t have to use as much now. Very happy about that. Took this photo yesterday. I had some fibers in the crown. No fibers in the hairline. I’m very happy with the density of the hairline. The temple points are the chefs kiss. I’ll post a full update later. 

053AF240-CCED-47CB-8AEA-8DA6F644483D.jpeg

• Like 8

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Currently, I’m just using a little bit of “boldify” fairly cheap hair fiber from Amazon. I don’t have to use as much now. Very happy about that. Took this photo yesterday. I had some fibers in the crown. No fibers in the hairline. I’m very happy with the density of the hairline. The temple points are the chefs kiss. I’ll post a full update later. 

Damn man, that's looking great. Especially with no fibres whatsoever and under the brighter bathroom lighting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Thats coming along nicely, the laser cap might be kicking in better than expected. Slow but steady growth.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

19 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

wow, amzing..... this give me hope that i can be repaired some time in the future 😭

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looks absolutely stunning.

• Like 1

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

damn those peaks tho . gotta find your styling routine and products. 

I use redken brews pomade and hair spray. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

My 6 Month Update

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

On 7/2/2022 at 3:52 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

hairline & temples look incredible brother! we all wish for density on our hairlines like this 💯👏🏻

• Like 1

Looks like you can throw away the fibers once and for all. Crown looks great!! 

Side note -- months 5-6 always seem like the high growth months. 

• Like 2