3,558 grafts in total @ Eugenix Hair Sciences, India - 27/28th Nov 2021

Berba11

5 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

@Melvin- Moderator- not sure if I’m going mad but my quick fire 5 month update & subsequent comments seem to have vanished?

A bunch of comments disappeared earlier, and didn’t return 🤨
So no you’re not going mad ! 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

6 Month Update!

Well, almost... It's 6 months in a few days time but after my 5 month update vanished, I thought I'd get one in today. I'm also off to meet Dr Pradeep for a consultation tomorrow in London. My main aim is to get eyes on some of the issues I've outlined in earlier posts and to see what he thinks in person. I'll update on that later and won't rehash old ground here.

For now though, here's some comparison shots. Things are coming on nicely and the cosmetic difference is already quite dramatic! Density behind the initial hairline is a little lacking, which may require a another pass to bring it up a bit, but overall, all good. I do have a donor area picture but there's nothing to see at this length. You'd simply never know anything was taken from the back.

0EF6E91A-F175-4E7D-9B10-5B6D3609F441.PNG

3CCBA102-4708-4521-90FA-8420FB5CB848.PNG

B6D0A1FD-E5B2-414A-BE81-559E62C4F5D8.jpg

D9BED549-00D2-4A0A-A357-EC77A3B7E850.PNG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

6 Month Update!

Well, almost... It's 6 months in a few days time but after my 5 month update vanished, I thought I'd get one in today. I'm also off to meet Dr Pradeep for a consultation tomorrow in London. My main aim is to get eyes on some of the issues I've outlined in earlier posts and to see what he thinks in person. I'll update on that later and won't rehash old ground here.

For now though, here's some comparison shots. Things are coming on nicely and the cosmetic difference is already quite dramatic! Density behind the initial hairline is a little lacking, which may require a another pass to bring it up a bit, but overall, all good. I do have a donor area picture but there's nothing to see at this length. You'd simply never know anything was taken from the back.

Wow looking fantastic man 👏🏼👏🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On track for a potential home run result in my opinion.

You don't have the official Eugenix photos do you? Would like to see the actual hairline design they gave you. I like how it was conservative.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, SD1984 said:

On track for a potential home run result in my opinion.

You don't have the official Eugenix photos do you? Would like to see the actual hairline design they gave you. I like how it was conservative.

I have the pre & post ops but not the design/lines of pen ones. I’ll ask Eugenix for them and add them to the mix!

• Like 1

This looks fantastic! I've reread your journey and definitely understand your initial concerns regarding the U-shaped design - and also the fact that "just having a hairline again" was muddying the waters when comparing buzz cuts. This 6 month update gets rid of that initial u-shape. What I would like to know is if you intend to go back to a 3 guard just for a look? I know @NARMAK mentioned something funny about transplantees wanting to immediately buzz it back down, but I think that might be something that I would prefer down the road. Your hair looks incredible right now, and the transplant was a success. Hats off to the Eugenix team!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GaryStruthers said:

This looks fantastic! I've reread your journey and definitely understand your initial concerns regarding the U-shaped design - and also the fact that "just having a hairline again" was muddying the waters when comparing buzz cuts. This 6 month update gets rid of that initial u-shape. What I would like to know is if you intend to go back to a 3 guard just for a look? I know @NARMAK mentioned something funny about transplantees wanting to immediately buzz it back down, but I think that might be something that I would prefer down the road. Your hair looks incredible right now, and the transplant was a success. Hats off to the Eugenix team!

Yeah, i was like you just got all that hair, why not keep it long! :D

That said, i think it's a personal choice and if it does somehow look good for you buzzed down with that density, it can definitely be a cool style choice. I always feel there's a big visual difference between a hairline that's fully formed vs a balding buzzed look. Until we somehow end up with unlimited grafts, then it's going to be simply a case of managing expectations and visual density by smart hair length and haircut/styling choices. 

One thing i personally will say is that if unlimited grafts became a thing tomorrow, i think me and many others would probably not only get our donor repaired to replenish full density but boost the native density and transplanted areas for a much fuller, thicker look. Yes, hair greed would be in full effect :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Berba11 said:

6 Month Update!

Thanks for the great update Berba and all the help you gave me at the very beginning! 

Yeah, i definitely see what you're saying BUT bear in mind you're only halfway through yet and there's a whole 6 months left for thickening of the hair in that area as well as any potential hair that may have shed but not fully regrown just yet. At 6 months, you may have only really had 2 hair cycles to run through just yet whereas at 12 months you'll fingers crossed have 4 cycles and much thicker hair hopefully. 

Honestly, the difference in the before and 6 months is obvious visually. You look younger too! The hairline framing with the temple point reinforcement definitely helped achieve all that. 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

@GaryStruthers, @NARMAK& @Z--- thanks fellas!

Kamran - your own work from Dr Das looks impeccable. It's going to be a knockout for sure!

Gary - I definitely will not be buzzing it off for a look! 😂. I'd grown very accustomed to the buzz cut having rocked one for years. The buzz cut length with the transplanted hairs didn't quite look right. I think it could look right with a second pass to even out the density, but the gradation of density from the first several rows into the middle of the scalp reveals something not quite right at those lengths. A another pass and a buzz cut would look more even and more natural and probably passable. I've looked back over the early pictures where I essentially had a full buzz cut and it looks weird. Now it looks like a normal head of hair. I'm not too keen to go back just yet!

• Like 1

Looking AMAZING berba congrats man it's night and day of a difference. I know you have your slight worries and I am looking forward to see what Dr Pradeep says about it!

• Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

@Berba11 your temple work is impeccable! Hairline, donor management, temples, it all fell into place as it should. Since we both had relatively conservative designs, I'm curious to know if your friends and family have given you puzzled looks knowing something has changed, but not knowing exactly what it is. That has been happening so much with me and I think it's because I chose it to be more conservative, and since the change was less drastic, it makes it far less discernable to people you know, but don't see everyday. Never had more fun messing with people's heads!🤣🤣🤣

I have thoroughly enjoyed following your progress from the beginning, and am so happy that it is all looking as amazing as I knew it would be. Congrats man!

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
38 minutes ago, drawdownfx said:

Looking AMAZING berba congrats man it's night and day of a difference. I know you have your slight worries and I am looking forward to see what Dr Pradeep says about it!

Thanks mate!

Yea I’ll update with the details of my consultation with Dr Pradeep tomorrow evening or soon after. 

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, MazAB said:

@Berba11 your temple work is impeccable! Hairline, donor management, temples, it all fell into place as it should. Since we both had relatively conservative designs, I'm curious to know if your friends and family have given you puzzled looks knowing something has changed, but not knowing exactly what it is. That has been happening so much with me and I think it's because I chose it to be more conservative, and since the change was less drastic, it makes it far less discernable to people you know, but don't see everyday. Never had more fun messing with people's heads!🤣🤣🤣

I have thoroughly enjoyed following your progress from the beginning, and am so happy that it is all looking as amazing as I knew it would be. Congrats man!

Thanks mate! I’ll have you know that I have the exact leave-in conditioner you recommended on it’s way to me on Monday so I’m looking forward to trialling that look soon enough!

So close friends & family knew as I was open from the start about it. They’ve all been blown away by the difference. Nothing but 100% positive feedback. 

I do however know exactly what you mean with regards people you see less often. I run a small business & have a small number of sub contractors that I see roughly once & sometimes twice per month I’d say on average. I didn’t tell any of them. Two really interesting observations…

1. Most haven’t noticed or even appeared to glance up in a puzzled way (and trust me, I was looking for any sign of them noticing!). I assume they just think I’ve grown my hair out.

2. Of the three people that have commented, two said, “ah you’ve had a haircut!”, or words to that effect (and remarked that it looked good), and one said “growing your hair out I see!”, to which I responded, “trying to!”.

I’ve not told any of those guys and it has been fun to see both zero reaction & the “nice haircut” type response. The fact is that people never even imagine I’ve had a hair transplant; it’s just not on their radar, as you know yourself! Also, I hid under a winter hat for 3 or so months so the transition from not really seeing my head to suddenly appearing with a lot of hair will have been quite drastic, and STILL people haven’t really clocked anything. I think that really tells a story of its own. 

• Like 3