3,558 grafts in total @ Eugenix Hair Sciences, India - 27/28th Nov 2021

Berba11

OMG, donor looks awesome and the 3 month progress in combo with the a nice barber job, nobody would ever know you had a transplant! Don't get me wrong, fibers would help, but I don't think you even need them.

Homerun in the making brother!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor

UPDATE - 4 months

Hi All,

This weekend will be the 4 month mark so i've put together some comparison shots to document the progress so far. As you can see, things are coming along pretty well for only 4 months!

That said, in the name of openness and transparency I should add that the HT isn't without issues so far. Those of you that have been following this thread will know that I expressed some reservations about the hairline design/shape and height of the hairline quite early on. Whilst my initial concerns have diminished a little bit, the fact remains that my hairline is lower than it's ever been, and this does concern me going forward. In reality the hairline should be about 0.5 to 1cm higher up. I do have a small number of grafts that move when I raise my eyebrows, which indicates that they are on the muscle and a bit low. They aren't noticeable or unsightly, but as I say, it is further evidence we're a bit on the low side. Additionally, along the left hand side of the hairline I have a fair number of grafts that shoot straight up and curl backwards, rather than being more flush to the scalp as they are on the right hand side. Luckily I push my hair from left to right anyway so it's not a major concern but it's worth mentioning anyway. I have messaged Eugenix about these issues and asked for feedback specifically from Dr Pradeep. Dr Pradeep wasn't involved at all in my surgery, but knowing that he deals with complex cases & repairs cases, I wanted to get his eyes & input on things for these queries as they may require correction. It could well be the case that I simply make my peace with things when the final results are in, but if not, we'll cross that road when we get closer to it! Eugenix have responded very quickly and kindly, and it seems like they would be willing to do what is necessary should I feel I want some corrective work, which I appreciate and offers some peace of mind. For now it's just a waiting game anyway. I'm pretty relaxed about everything in any case.

The issues I've highlighted above are very hard to capture in photos, and the progress pics below aren't intended to highlight any issues in any case. To most people's eyes, things are coming along great and I'm pretty happy with how much hair I currently have so early on and how unaffected my donor area looks even at shorter lengths. There's much to be positive about I think!

Hope everyone is doing great :)

4A787198-1B5A-495C-9F96-6726E7311A93.jpg

C770E900-809F-48F4-8D32-C73C0720D6A6.jpg

20C66A13-BCF9-4012-8AF9-3C23A321712B.jpg

38C98EE8-C8E9-4CCE-AAA1-44D08FA16392.jpg

• Like 4

Hi @Berba11- First off, you look like 20 years younger, especially when looking at your profile shots and there is so much more growth to come.

To be honest, I personally don't see anything even after zooming in on your photos. 

I think it looks awesome and glad that Eugenix is willing to do whatever to keep you 100% satisfied.

Looking forward to witnessing your continued progress.

• Like 1

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

UPDATE - 4 months

Hi All,

This weekend will be the 4 month mark so i've put together some comparison shots to document the progress so far. As you can see, things are coming along pretty well for only 4 months!

That said, in the name of openness and transparency I should add that the HT isn't without issues so far. Those of you that have been following this thread will know that I expressed some reservations about the hairline design/shape and height of the hairline quite early on. Whilst my initial concerns have diminished a little bit, the fact remains that my hairline is lower than it's ever been, and this does concern me going forward. In reality the hairline should be about 0.5 to 1cm higher up. I do have a small number of grafts that move when I raise my eyebrows, which indicates that they are on the muscle and a bit low. They aren't noticeable or unsightly, but as I say, it is further evidence we're a bit on the low side. Additionally, along the left hand side of the hairline I have a fair number of grafts that shoot straight up and curl backwards, rather than being more flush to the scalp as they are on the right hand side. Luckily I push my hair from left to right anyway so it's not a major concern but it's worth mentioning anyway. I have messaged Eugenix about these issues and asked for feedback specifically from Dr Pradeep. Dr Pradeep wasn't involved at all in my surgery, but knowing that he deals with complex cases & repairs cases, I wanted to get his eyes & input on things for these queries as they may require correction. It could well be the case that I simply make my peace with things when the final results are in, but if not, we'll cross that road when we get closer to it! Eugenix have responded very quickly and kindly, and it seems like they would be willing to do what is necessary should I feel I want some corrective work, which I appreciate and offers some peace of mind. For now it's just a waiting game anyway. I'm pretty relaxed about everything in any case.

The issues I've highlighted above are very hard to capture in photos, and the progress pics below aren't intended to highlight any issues in any case. To most people's eyes, things are coming along great and I'm pretty happy with how much hair I currently have so early on and how unaffected my donor area looks even at shorter lengths. There's much to be positive about I think!

Hope everyone is doing great :)

4A787198-1B5A-495C-9F96-6726E7311A93.jpg

C770E900-809F-48F4-8D32-C73C0720D6A6.jpg

20C66A13-BCF9-4012-8AF9-3C23A321712B.jpg

38C98EE8-C8E9-4CCE-AAA1-44D08FA16392.jpg

Wow you’re looking fantastic already man 👏🏼👏🏼 You join the many and the mighty Eugenix patients here on the forum.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On initial impressions, your hair line looks very age appropriate. I personally believe that you should keep the hair line where it is, rather than raise it. In your pre-op design session, Eugenix will have used the laser to project a line from from your eye brows, to ensure your hair line sits at an appropriate position (which it looks to do). 

For only four months, you are already have a huge improvements! I can't wait to see the final result, it's going to be a knock out! 

• Like 1

Extremely good progress at 4 months! So happy for you. Like you said, the pictures don't show anything wrong, and if you didn't say anything, I'd never know it to be anything but awesome results at 4 months. Honestly though, I totally get it, we can all be our own worst critic. One question for you, do your friends and family see the same issues you see?

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Man you are looking pretty damn good and you're only at four months! I hope can come close to this at four months. I appreciate how you have placed your before/post op pics side by side. You definitely look a lot younger! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
11 hours ago, MazAB said:

Extremely good progress at 4 months! So happy for you. Like you said, the pictures don't show anything wrong, and if you didn't say anything, I'd never know it to be anything but awesome results at 4 months. Honestly though, I totally get it, we can all be our own worst critic. One question for you, do your friends and family see the same issues you see?

The challenge I have with the issues I'm describing is that they aren't noticeable in pictures or in person unless I point them out. A lay person HT-wise wouldn't have a clue. So the 90 degree grafts in the left of the hairline won't be noticed because I push my hair that way anyway, and the grafts that move when I raise my eyebrows are only a fairly subtle movement, and no one is paying as much attention to this stuff as me anyway.

The distance between the hairline & glabella is about 6.5-7cm (depending on exactly where I measure from). I always had a slightly larger forehead but I've never had a hairline this low. Again, it's not unsightly - no one has said anything but good stuff about it, but it is lower than it's ever been, and there are grafts that move because they're on the muscle of the forehead. I won't truly know whether I want that addressed until the final results are in and I can style the hair, but they are genuine issues - I'm certainly not nitpicking or seeking perfection. The very last thing I want is another HT any time soon.

Just a quick point on the hairline height... Naturally people might wonder why I agreed for it to be where it was, so it's probably worth me describing that part of the design process:

Dr Arika did an initial hairline for me, and then left the room to go and consult with other patients having their hairlines designed. I was told to take my time and have a look, and the last thing she said as she left the room was "we can go lower if you want". So I took my time looking at the hairline and there was something about it that I couldn't quite put my finger on, but it wasn't quite right. I struggled with it for a while, and not knowing exactly why it wasn't landing for me, assumed maybe it was too high. So when Dr Arika returned, with her final words still in my ear, I asked if we could try it "just a tiny bit lower" - my exact words. Rinse and repeat... She left me to inspect things, but still something wasn't quite right for me. At this point I started doubting myself and I just couldn't work out why I didn't think it quite looked right. I started to assume it probably was fine and that it being just a line of pen, in reality it would probably look fine as actual hair. It's quite hard to really gauge the design until the work has been done. We hadn't addressed the temple points either, so I also figured that maybe it didn't look quite right because we hadn't addressed them, so when Dr Arika returned, I asked about the temple points. She asked me which hairline I preferred and, truth be told, I wasn't sure but said probably the lower one, and then we started playing around with the temple points. At that point I was somewhat down the rabbit hole. I should have asked if we could start again, and I deeply regret that I didn't. More than that, I regret that I hadn't spent time prior to going to India actually examining old pictures of myself, because I would have been able to identify what wasn't right about the design right away had I done so.

Anyway... Don't get me wrong, the HT is coming along really well and there's already a massive positive cosmetic difference. I also have moments where I really like it and moments where all of the above hits home a little bit. I also get that to friends and family, or people just looking at the pictures here, everything looks great (especially for 4 months!), so me saying what I'm saying probably comes across as being picky or overly critical. I can assure that isn't the case! In a few more months it may well be the case that I think, "sod it, it's not quite as it should be but it's pretty good regardless...". So I'm fairly upbeat about everything.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

The challenge I have with the issues I'm describing is that they aren't noticeable in pictures or in person unless I point them out. A lay person HT-wise wouldn't have a clue. So the 90 degree grafts in the left of the hairline won't be noticed because I push my hair that way anyway, and the grafts that move when I raise my eyebrows are only a fairly subtle movement, and no one is paying as much attention to this stuff as me anyway.

The distance between the hairline & glabella is about 6.5-7cm (depending on exactly where I measure from). I always had a slightly larger forehead but I've never had a hairline this low. Again, it's not unsightly - no one has said anything but good stuff about it, but it is lower than it's ever been, and there are grafts that move because they're on the muscle of the forehead. I won't truly know whether I want that addressed until the final results are in and I can style the hair, but they are genuine issues - I'm certainly not nitpicking or seeking perfection. The very last thing I want is another HT any time soon.

Just a quick point on the hairline height... Naturally people might wonder why I agreed for it to be where it was, so it's probably worth me describing that part of the design process:

Dr Arika did an initial hairline for me, and then left the room to go and consult with other patients having their hairlines designed. I was told to take my time and have a look, and the last thing she said as she left the room was "we can go lower if you want". So I took my time looking at the hairline and there was something about it that I couldn't quite put my finger on, but it wasn't quite right. I struggled with it for a while, and not knowing exactly why it wasn't landing for me, assumed maybe it was too high. So when Dr Arika returned, with her final words still in my ear, I asked if we could try it "just a tiny bit lower" - my exact words. Rinse and repeat... She left me to inspect things, but still something wasn't quite right for me. At this point I started doubting myself and I just couldn't work out why I didn't think it quite looked right. I started to assume it probably was fine and that it being just a line of pen, in reality it would probably look fine as actual hair. It's quite hard to really gauge the design until the work has been done. We hadn't addressed the temple points either, so I also figured that maybe it didn't look quite right because we hadn't addressed them, so when Dr Arika returned, I asked about the temple points. She asked me which hairline I preferred and, truth be told, I wasn't sure but said probably the lower one, and then we started playing around with the temple points. At that point I was somewhat down the rabbit hole. I should have asked if we could start again, and I deeply regret that I didn't. More than that, I regret that I hadn't spent time prior to going to India actually examining old pictures of myself, because I would have been able to identify what wasn't right about the design right away had I done so.

Anyway... Don't get me wrong, the HT is coming along really well and there's already a massive positive cosmetic difference. I also have moments where I really like it and moments where all of the above hits home a little bit. I also get that to friends and family, or people just looking at the pictures here, everything looks great (especially for 4 months!), so me saying what I'm saying probably comes across as being picky or overly critical. I can assure that isn't the case! In a few more months it may well be the case that I think, "sod it, it's not quite as it should be but it's pretty good regardless...". So I'm fairly upbeat about everything.

I think the hairline design is probably something a lot of people need to educate themselves on and really try to figure out what works for them, where they want the placement. I think, the issue you described will 100% be much more hyper sensitive to you and almost nobody else will realise or probably point it out. Your hairline actually seems aesthetically at a mature height in the images. 

I definitely think it also gives a good framing to your face with the temple points. 

I think i recall somebody saying the "U" shape of the hairline was a bit of an issue, but can't recall if that was you or not. 

Overall, i understand the potential movement of some grafts tied more onto the muscles but i think somebody would have to be really paying attention to pick it up. The angle of the grafts you described though not being quite right i think is the bigger concern. That is something that shouldn't be happening and we have no seen a few Eugenix cases where the angles do not appear to always be where they should. 

It's odd, because Eugenix actually do portray on their videos educating people that they seem to understand the fundamentals but there's few cases here and there where it seems to have fallen down. 

I do strongly wonder if this is symptomatic of their expansion and doing multiple patients a day making them take a hit on quality. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
12 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I think the hairline design is probably something a lot of people need to educate themselves on and really try to figure out what works for them, where they want the placement. I think, the issue you described will 100% be much more hyper sensitive to you and almost nobody else will realise or probably point it out. Your hairline actually seems aesthetically at a mature height in the images. 

I definitely think it also gives a good framing to your face with the temple points. 

I think i recall somebody saying the "U" shape of the hairline was a bit of an issue, but can't recall if that was you or not. 

Overall, i understand the potential movement of some grafts tied more onto the muscles but i think somebody would have to be really paying attention to pick it up. The angle of the grafts you described though not being quite right i think is the bigger concern. That is something that shouldn't be happening and we have no seen a few Eugenix cases where the angles do not appear to always be where they should. 

It's odd, because Eugenix actually do portray on their videos educating people that they seem to understand the fundamentals but there's few cases here and there where it seems to have fallen down. 

I do strongly wonder if this is symptomatic of their expansion and doing multiple patients a day making them take a hit on quality. 

I've wondered if the movement caused by some of the grafts being a bit low may have impacted the angles. I recall very clearly in my post-op debrief, one of the doctors - I think Dr Priya? - stressing the importance of keeping the recipient area moist as if the scabbing got too dry it could alter the angles of the grafts slightly. I was therefore super diligent to not only spray my head every two hours, but to make sure it got a pretty thorough going over! On the odd occasion I'd wake up in the night for a wee, I'd give it a spray then as well. The scabbing came off very easily on day 7 so it definitely worked.

But if I was inadvertently moving grafts during those vulnerable first few days every time I raised my eyebrows, maybe that could have caused them to shift? I've no idea and am only speculating.

One thing I've not said actually... My left side experienced more shedding than the right, so the sticky-up grafts on that side are a little more obvious to me because it's more sparse in that area. I do have grafts just behind the hairline that didn't shed and they sort of flop over the top of the problem grafts, suggesting they are indeed correctly angled. So given that nobody would even notice now, I assume it'll be even less noticeable when the growth kicks in. 

Some clinics do the hairline drawing  a day before the actual OP day .

That gives the patient enough time to think about the hairline over night . 

Although i can see that clinic gave you enough time to think about the hairline , but it's always better for patient to think about the hairline he want before the OP day , so you can discuss all ideas you have with surgeon .

before deciding the hairline , when you raise your eyebrows as much as you can ,  you will know where muscles end so hairline can be placed with a safe distance above that  .

To be honest , your hair line looks to be in a perfect position with nice symmetry "regardless of what your original hairline looked like" and you are having awesome grow rate at 4th month .

I do get that some details may not be clearly visible in the pictures , however for people looking at you in real life they won't be noticing these details as well . 

• Like 1

God-dang that looks good. 10 years younger in 4 months. What the frig.

Don't feel bad for sharing things that bother you! It's your body and strangers on the internet can't always relate or see something specific that only you notice. I get the sense you're a level-headed person, so I appreciate that if something was 'off' you'd share it with us from a place of honesty. I think it's a good lesson too for others reading that the more you know about your desired hairline going in, the better you can convey that to the doctor during the design process, and the happier you'll be 12 months out.

I think yours looks freaking amazing though, haha.

• Like 1

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

• Valued Contributor
12 minutes ago, rob7331 said:

God-dang that looks good. 10 years younger in 4 months. What the frig.

Don't feel bad for sharing things that bother you! It's your body and strangers on the internet can't always relate or see something specific that only you notice. I get the sense you're a level-headed person, so I appreciate that if something was 'off' you'd share it with us from a place of honesty. I think it's a good lesson too for others reading that the more you know about your desired hairline going in, the better you can convey that to the doctor during the design process, and the happier you'll be 12 months out.

I think yours looks freaking amazing though, haha.

Thanks dude! Hope you're progressing nicely, too. You're a guaranteed epic HT based on what I've seen so far!

The initial growth can be frizzy. This could also make the angles seem not right. Over time, the transplanted hair will settle down and assume the normal texture of your natural hair. Regarding the hairline and other issues, thank you for sharing them. As discussed with you, we will definitely look into any further rectification as per your directions. Rest assured, we are right here for you. Wish you a wonderful growth ahead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1