3,558 grafts in total @ Eugenix Hair Sciences, India - 27/28th Nov 2021

Berba11

• Valued Contributor
On 7/11/2022 at 7:08 PM, rob7331 said:

Missed this update but looks great! Our hair looks a little similar especially at this length.

Thanks mate! Looking forward to your next update, too!

On 7/11/2022 at 7:17 PM, MazAB said:

Hey @Berba11,sorry I missed it as well. Wow! Incredible progress! Are you feeling better now about the overall design now that it has grown in a bit?

Hey Armen! Thanks dude. Better, yes! If I could start all over again I'd do a couple of things a bit differently, and I still have some difficulty with the sticky up hairs along the left of the hairline but otherwise I'm pretty happy (I'm going to add some pics of my hair down - I can do it but it requires work!). I must say that going back and viewing the early buzzcut photos still doesn't look right but grown out I'm much, much happier. I've had amazing feedback from friends as well who I recently got to catch up with in person at a friend's wedding, so that was nice. Dr P had promised a 2nd pass on him so I'll take that up at some point, with a view to adding some density in the midsection, a little more soft closure in the temple corners and a small amount of refinement on the temple peaks. Maybe some corrective work on the annoying grafts too if it's possible but I may just make my peace with it.

On 7/12/2022 at 5:13 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

@Berba11

Holy cow, now that’s some serious growth for 7 months! 

Massive difference 
1BBA2C5B-06AB-4938-8E21-5157FD236573.jpeg

Thanks Melvin!!

On 7/12/2022 at 6:01 PM, Zoomster said:

This looks fab ..absolutely loving the temple points 🥂

Cheers Karl! High praise coming from one of the GOAT HT's!

On 7/13/2022 at 6:40 AM, ADil said:

Wow...

And at just 7 months..

This looks fantastic..👌

Thanks dude! If mine ends up like yours after a year I'll be delighted!

On 7/13/2022 at 9:27 AM, Gatsby said:

@Berba11 you are slaying it mate! Imagine how good this will be at 12 months! Very happy for you bro! 👌

Thanks mate! Looking forward to seeing your next update for sure!

• Valued Contributor

Adding some extra photos for a bit of variety!

The first few are from this evening. I've struggled a bit with the left side of the hairline being very sticky-up, kinda like a cowlick. It's meant I've had to commit to pushing the hair left to right and back. As pure luck would have it, that's pretty much what I used to do anyway... So no biggie per se, but a bit annoying and limiting. Plus, the hair is still pretty scraggy and wiry and pushing it down exposes that. Nevertheless, I thought I'd experiment with trying to get the hair to stay down. Below I've simply used a liberal amount of sea salt hair spray and a few dashes of Toppik into the midscalp/old forelock area to add the illusion of density to that area with is a bit more sparse. The frizziness of the hair kinda works I think in making it look somewhat deliberately messy. In any case, I can get the hair to sit in a more forward/fringe style it seems with a bit of work. Whether or not I can pull this look off is another matter entirely! 😂

I'm also adding a selection pictures from the wedding I recently attended, with includes both indoor and outdoor lighting. The picture quality may not be great on some but you at least get a sense of how things sort of look more generally in different settings/down other people's camera lenses!

IMG_6834.JPG

IMG_6835.JPG

IMG_6842.JPG

038E6551-AFE2-41E2-A3E5-773153F7D572.jpg

IMG_6776.JPG

IMG_6780.JPG

IMG_6782.JPG

IMG_6783.JPG

IMG_6784.JPG

• Like 5

• Valued Contributor
32 minutes ago, GaryStruthers said:

Seeing full body shots like this really drive home a successful transplant IMO. Looks great!

Would love to see a side by side before and after in this particular profile. Massive transformation!

Thanks mate! Yes I agree - fully body shots really helps contextualise things.

So... thought I'd see if I could find a suitable before/after side by side of a full length body shot and as luck would have it, I have a wedding photo in the same suit from four years ago... Can't do better than that now!

2018 vs 2022:

Pre-op (1).png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

Thanks mate! Yes I agree - fully body shots really helps contextualise things.

So... thought I'd see if I could find a suitable before/after side by side of a full length body shot and as luck would have it, I have a wedding photo in the same suit from four years ago... Can't do better than that now!

2018 vs 2022:

Pre-op (1).png

Ha!! Wow…..there it is. Cheers Berba. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

Month 8 UPDATE!

Hi team!

Not much to report since a few weeks ago but a couple of quick snaps just to document month 8. 

Only thing to add that I haven’t previously is that I do have some lingering redness/pink hue along parts of the hairline. It’s probably a combo of some minor irritation from the hairs (my skin can be a bit sensitive) & I think maybe catching a bit of sun a few months back. It seems to be fading bit by bit, very slowly, and differing lighting either exposes it a little or conceals it. I’m not overly bothered, but it’s one to keep an eye on. 

90B61284-D8E4-4A55-A607-F906BFBE1B00.jpeg

2DF4C60A-D55C-4C4F-AB42-20C6F870AC42.jpeg

9F6BD7B2-45E9-43B7-AAA9-1DD2DA804851.jpeg

• Like 4

• Valued Contributor
46 minutes ago, Britalien said:

Wow, since I last checked In here I see some phenomenal growth ! And by Jesus talk about being future proofed.. you have so much beard/chest hair as well as whatever is still available from the scalp 👌😉

Ha! Thanks mate.

Dr Sethi reckoned he could get about 4,000 or so scalp grafts & 1,500 or so beard, so decent reserves. I'd be more than happy to lose some of the chest hair as well if needed!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor

UPDATE 9.5 months

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one to document 9 and bit months... No major changes from previous updates. Noticing that despite a fair amount of wiry hair, a lot of the hair when swept together looks and feels like any other hair on the head, so some maturation and softening seems to be continuing along nicely.

Photos below are fresh out of the shower with some product to capture 'everyday' wear; some leave-in conditioner, a little wax/pomade product and a small sprinkling of Toppik. It's a fairly rough & ready wettish look but wanted to capture things as I wear them.

IMG_7320.jpg

IMG_7321.jpg

IMG_7323.JPG

Edited by Berba11
  • Like 4

• Administrators

DAMN! You look incredible man 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

UPDATE - Month 10 (and a bit!)

Wasn't going to bother with an update as there's not much more to say at this point but I've just had my first haircut since the end of July so thought I'd pop some photos up for reference.

Overall I'm pretty happy! There's a little area on the left side towards the midscalp/behind the hairline that could do with some extra grafts as the density is a bit light, and I feel more closure in the temple corners would better balance the hairline and framing of the face. The only negative I have is that the hairs on the left side of my hairline remain quite 'sticky-up' and not angled as well as the rest of the hairline, so styling options are limited. Dr Pradeep himself had already said he'd do any touch ups needed when I met him in London a few months ago, so that level of patient support is reassuring and welcome - it's probably the main reason I chose Eugenix. At some point I need to look to book my return visit, and hopefully some extra grafts where needed + possibly addressing the left of the hairline can be done.

But for now... all good!

IMG_7381.JPG

IMG_7382.JPG

IMG_7384.JPG

IMG_7385.JPG

IMG_7386.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • Valued Contributor

1 year+ UPDATE

Hi all, it's now been just over 13 months since my HT with Eugenix, so just posting some final results. I'm not sure anyone is following this anymore anyway! I'm due to have a small refinement procedure at the end of February - just gotta firm up the dates and sort the visa!

I've gone from being basically hairless on the frontal third to now sporting a hairband! 😅 Hair is shown here with a bit of sea salt spray, a little bit of pomade and just pinned back with the band.

As far as the 2nd sitting goes, I'm really just looking to soften the depth and angle of the recession points a touch, refine the temple points a little bit and add a bit of density to a weaker spot or two. Nothing major at all, but enough to bring things up another level and complete the frontal third.

Cheers :)

IMG_7564.JPG

IMG_7565.JPG

IMG_7567.JPG

IMG_7569.JPG

• Like 3
  • Wow 1