Eugenix, NW3 5200 + grafts / MazAB's 2nd procedure on 10/8/2022 by Dr Pradeep Sethi

MazAB

On 8/3/2021 at 7:21 PM, MazAB said:

Don't try and introduce something new when your body is going thru the recovery phase. Good advice that I'll stick by

@MazAB

I wanted to ask about this - is it not good to start oral minoxidil post hair transplant? I thought it would help with recovery and results since it would improve blood supply to the follicles as a vasodilator right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pb0896 said:

@MazAB

I wanted to ask about this - is it not good to start oral minoxidil post hair transplant? I thought it would help with recovery and results since it would improve blood supply to the follicles as a vasodilator right?

You are correct, and many use oral minoxidil to help with just that. I never ended up using it but only cause I couldn't get my hands on it. My doctor would not write me a prescription. I called into the Bald Truth and JT spoke with me about using oral minoxidil as well as LLLT post hair transplant. He did not believe that either would be a good idea, especially in the first 30 days. Personally for myself, I did more research and could find plenty of cases of using oral minoxidil after a hair transplant and it only helping, not hurting the final outcome, however I could not find much data on LLLT post HT, so I avoided it for the first 30 days as JT suggested. I don't care so much about oral minoxidil now because after the first 30 days I started back up on topical twice daily. 

3 hours ago, MazAB said:

You are correct, and many use oral minoxidil to help with just that. I never ended up using it but only cause I couldn't get my hands on it. My doctor would not write me a prescription. I called into the Bald Truth and JT spoke with me about using oral minoxidil as well as LLLT post hair transplant. He did not believe that either would be a good idea, especially in the first 30 days. Personally for myself, I did more research and could find plenty of cases of using oral minoxidil after a hair transplant and it only helping, not hurting the final outcome, however I could not find much data on LLLT post HT, so I avoided it for the first 30 days as JT suggested. I don't care so much about oral minoxidil now because after the first 30 days I started back up on topical twice daily. 

Weird advice from JT, it is is pretty industry standard advice to use both to help stimulate growth 14 days post transplant - and the 14 days is because that’s for topical minoxidil. I imagine if you take oral, you can just continue it throughout your whole surgery. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Weird advice from JT, it is is pretty industry standard advice to use both to help stimulate growth 14 days post transplant - and the 14 days is because that’s for topical minoxidil. I imagine if you take oral, you can just continue it throughout your whole surgery. 

As for continuing through surgery, I don’t think it is advisable as oral minoxidil I heard can inhibit wound healing. Dr. Arika said you need to stop minoxidil 15 days prior to surgery. As for afterwards I do not know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2021 at 12:29 PM, kirkland said:

@MazABCouple of things:

- Looks really good and glad that you are well on your way from the grotesque stage to the giddy-up stage.

- How do you not have snow already at this time of the year?

Thanks @kirkland! Hopefully we get more of the white stuff before Christmas.🎅 Looking forward to your next update bro!

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2021 at 10:43 AM, MazAB said:

3 Month Update:

Hello all! Hope you are all enjoying the end of year holiday festivities in whatever part of the world you live in.

I decided to start growing it out the past 30 days, so this month will be a much better visual representation of where I am currently. Starting to see a lot more baby hairs sprouting and feeling encouraged by the progress heading into month 3. The only areas that are lacking much hair are the ones where I had some initial scabbing, but that is to be expected this early on. Otherwise, I’m very happy with the progress so far, and I know month 3 to 6 will be so much more enjoyable than 1 to 3. Looking forward to shaking off this ugly duck, and swaning up!😉

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on HRN! Could not have done any of this without your support.

-Maz

Month 3.jpg

Month 3a.jpg

Nice one brother. This is gonna look banging. I put my Eugenix session on hold to see your results 🤣 rooting for you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

4 Month Update:

Happy New Year to all of you! Today I hit the 4 month mark and wanted to post my update. The growth has been exceeding my expectations for the most part. The right side and right temple point, seem to be outpacing the left as far as overall growth and density, but again to be expected this early on, and is more of an observation than an actual concern. Thought I would also include a shot of my crown. Some people may not know this, I actually almost forgot myself that I had grafts put in the crown. A total of 2750 grafts for the procedure with 2700 in the frontal and temples and a whopping 50 grafts in the crown, HAHA! Dr Arika felt that it was safe to cover a very small bald spot without damaging the native hairs. At first she wanted to avoid it, but after learning that the bald spot has had no further progression since my 20's, she had no problem throwing a few grafts in there. No growth in the crown yet, but I know it takes a bit longer than the frontal region. Obviously with it being a small area the 50 grafts should go a long way, especially since she used all 3 hair and 4 hair grafts on that spot. 

The hairline is really starting to take shape and my highly critical friends and family, (wife included😁), can't find any areas of work done that look fake, artificial, or unrealistic in anyway. And trust me, if any of you knew how brutally critical my circle can be, it's incredibly impressive that even under a close eye, they see it as nothing less than a hairline created by God himself.  The artistry of this procedure is really starting to pop out! I've been pinching myself daily and thanking God above for leading me to Eugenix. One of the best decisions I've ever made, and we are only at the start of the awesome months that lie ahead! For the first time in a long time, I have a New Years Resolution that has nothing to do with improving my hair situation😉

Front2.jpg

Crown2.jpg

Left side2.jpg

Right side2.jpg

Top.jpg

• Like 7

This is awesome, happy New Year 🎆. I think upcoming 1-2 months it will bring on more density get ready for it 😀. Happy for you have a great year ahead. frontal area looks so natural and spotless. All credit goes to Eugenix and not to mention your daily routine which helped many people in group to figure out things. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

What the heck kind of voodoo is this @MazAB what is this sorcery haha. This is 4 MONTHS!!! 🤯 the temple points as of today look 100x better ALREADY. F002FC13-9FE1-4687-9D06-A357DDB0EF94.jpeg0BBA8FA5-FB28-40EB-8176-FF48969A40CC.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@MazAB i just watched your video on the Eugenix YouTube again and also looking at your update here, really looks like your temple points match really closely with how mine are and seeing results like yours growing well, looking natural at only 4 months in helps inspire some confidence.

Do you know how many grafts they used for your temple points? 

• Like 1