Eugenix, NW3 5200 + grafts / MazAB's 2nd procedure on 10/8/2022 by Dr Pradeep Sethi

MazAB

Thanks SLA! I will definitely go that route. Here is the more conservative design that I'll probably be closer to. Temples are too hard to draw so I'll revisit that in the planning session. 

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1

Would you mind talking about how you booked with them?

I'm not sure if the person talking to me is legitimate or not. I messaged this phone number listed on the Eugenix website  (+91 88264 73333). Then later a different person from a different number contacted me to talk details about my case.

They sent me a link on whatsapp and asked me to pay a booking fee of 100 euros there.

Did you have a similar experience?

1 minute ago, Issac said:

Would you mind talking about how you booked with them?

I'm not sure if the person talking to me is legitimate or not. I messaged this phone number listed on the Eugenix website  (+91 88264 73333). Then later a different person from a different number contacted me to talk details about my case.

They sent me a link on whatsapp and asked me to pay a booking fee of 100 euros there.

Did you have a similar experience?

The Eugenix rep should also be able to help @Abhinay Singh @Eugenix Hair Science

Hi Issac, 

I was working with Abhinay at the beginning of the process. When he went on leave, a gentleman named Mudit took over and I've been working with him up to this point. Yes, you are correct, once you request to book an appointment they send a link to pay a deposit via Credit Card. Although my deposit fee was definitely higher than yours. I paid $500 USD. However, I do not recognize that number. Don't pay anything yet. Let me confirm with my contacts if that number is legitimate before you do anything.

-Maz

• Like 1

@JohnAC71 it's so close that I'm already starting to hallucinate and see more hair on my head when I look in the mirror 🤣! Seriously though I feel great. Red carpet treatment from the moment I arrived. A couple of hours ago Dr Arika called me on WhatsApp to see how I was, and to assure me that I'm in the safest of hands, and that it is her mission to orchestrate the perfect procedure tomorrow. How's that for assurance? Can't wait 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MazAB said:

@JohnAC71 it's so close that I'm already starting to hallucinate and see more hair on my head when I look in the mirror 🤣! Seriously though I feel great. Red carpet treatment from the moment I arrived. A couple of hours ago Dr Arika called me on WhatsApp to see how I was, and to assure me that I'm in the safest of hands, and that it is her mission to orchestrate the perfect procedure tomorrow. How's that for assurance? Can't wait 👍

Good to hear ! I have absolutely no doubt your hallucinations will become real 😂

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MazAB said:

Hi Issac, 

I was working with Abhinay at the beginning of the process. When he went on leave, a gentleman named Mudit took over and I've been working with him up to this point. Yes, you are correct, once you request to book an appointment they send a link to pay a deposit via Credit Card. Although my deposit fee was definitely higher than yours. I paid $500 USD. However, I do not recognize that number. Don't pay anything yet. Let me confirm with my contacts if that number is legitimate before you do anything.

-Maz

Hey,

Thanks for checking it out for me. Really appreciate it.

Good luck on your transplant procedure.

Hello All,

I wanted to thank you all for your support on this thread and for those of you that took the time to message me privately to wish me good fortune on my day of surgery. I was going to take pictures of my scalp in my hotel room, but knowing my clumsy self, I would have been likely to drop the phone on top of my head, so I waited for Eugenix to release the MUCH better quality pre and post op photos😁huq9XU12Tm74-_55ygljPXH8ea_s4MS9U3J-4qy_9kLlOlfiWKGfxVFGXZjl9s-EDA0IhHk8f90U5i3LuAjPcs8Z0IChbq6tHf_SwZZWXKe6rGdMzgajJewf0cRiPMBE1kw9SB-Q=s0 

The Eugenix team came as advertised and Dr. Arika is truly amazing at what she does. I'm thrilled with the design and the overall clean work from extraction to implantation. I met with Dr Arika the day before surgery and we had our design session. The first thing I learned quickly is to just let her lead you down the path of customizing the right design based on the shape of your face and how the hair line should be framed. It turns out the v-shape design was not the right way to frame it, and she talked me thru how she envisions my hairline so it's customized to match me. She drew out the first design, I loved it, and committed to it. The following day I arrived at Eugenix by 7am, got my hair cut, pre-op photos taken, had breakfast, then began surgery by 8am. The surgery lasted about 10.5 hours ending at around 6:30.

On my initial video consultation with Dr. Arika she told me that I would need about 2300 grafts. It turns out that exactly 2300 grafts were implanted in the hairline and temple points. She got it down to the last graft for those areas. I did request for her to do some crown work as well. She assessed it and told me that the hair loss is stable in the crown and that I would only need 50 grafts for that region. Normally if I keep my hair slightly longer I don't have any noticeable hair loss in the crown, but I do like to sport different hair styles and go slim and trim from time to time. When it is too short, you can definitely spot small thinning areas, and it's nice to just get the full coverage front to back. Quite honestly it felt great to indulge in some hair greed as you don’t have many of those opportunities in your lifetime.

Dr Arika told me she was able to densely pack the hairline with 40 grafts per sq cm. She mentioned that the scalp condition and donor health was optimal for her to push it to 40. I get nervous when it comes to pushing the limits on density, but I know she only slightly went above the average density of her patients, so I am very comfortable with it. 

I included pre-op and post-op shots, and one other that breaks down the graft count. My only concern coming out of the procedure is that I had barely any singles. They needed to split doubles to obtain all the singles necessary for the hairline and temples. They did assure me that it was standard practice and that the techs perform graft splitting daily, but it’s just one more moving part in the procedure that gets me very nervous. I’d love for anyone to comment with any experience in graft survivability after splitting. @Looking for HT, if I'm not mistaken, I believe you may have dealt with this very issue of graft splitting in your first procedure. 

All in all though, a successful textbook procedure by Eugenix. I’m overwhelmed with anticipation of what the final result will be, but fully aware that this will be a painstakingly long process with no shortage of emotional highs and lows. I’ll be updating monthly. Thanks again for the support guys!

~ Maz

Graft Chart.jpg

Right Side - Pre Op.jpg

Left side - Pre Op.jpg

Back Side - Pre Op.jpg

Top Angle - Post Op.jpg

Back Donor - Post Op.jpg

Front - Post op.jpg

Right side - 45 - post op.jpg

Left side - 45 - post op.jpg

Down - Post op.jpg

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 3

• Valued Contributor

Hi @MazAB, How long are you staying in India for? I think I'd read you were sticking around for about 9 days, but I'm following so many Eugenix threads I may be getting mixed up!

If you are sticking around for a week or so, what are your accommodation arrangements? I've booked in with Eugenix in late Nov (as it stands) and have planned for 6 nights, so I'd be interested to hear how you planned your stay. Cheers!

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Hi @Berba11 , I'll be staying a total of 7 nights. Arrived 2 days early to settle in, get bloodwork done, have procedure, and 5 days of healing with head wash before departing.

Ok great, cheers - sounds wise. I'm doing something quite similar (couple of days early for bloods & settling then a couple of nights post just to get a little recovery in an be around the clinic for the first 2 days post op just in case). Where are you staying for the duration? Eugenix offer two complimentary nights (either at their facility or a nearby hotel as I understand?), so are you just staying extra nights at their facility/hotel of choice? And if so, are you happy sharing the accommodation costs?

@Berba11 they set me up at the Westin for 2 nights and I just extended it. It's easier for me and Eugenix as their drivers make the daily trips to and from the facility to accommodate out of country patients. After the 2 complimentary nights, I'm paying $70 US dollars per night. 

• Like 1

Congratulations, @MazAB the hairline looks immaculate!

18 hours ago, MazAB said:

My only concern coming out of the procedure is that I had barely any singles. They needed to split doubles to obtain all the singles necessary for the hairline and temples. They did assure me that it was standard practice and that the techs perform graft splitting daily, but it’s just one more moving part in the procedure that gets me very nervous. I’d love for anyone to comment with any experience in graft survivability after splitting. @Looking for HT, if I'm not mistaken, I believe you may have dealt with this very issue of graft splitting in your first procedure. 

+1 on this and would love to know more...

While I did have quite a few singles, they had to do the same for me in the end for the hairline.

Edited by rishibostonian
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Everything looks great, how do you feel? Do you think you could travel back after a fee days if you had too? 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, MazAB said:

@Berba11 they set me up at the Westin for 2 nights and I just extended it. It's easier for me and Eugenix as their drivers make the daily trips to and from the facility to accommodate out of country patients. After the 2 complimentary nights, I'm paying $70 US dollars per night. 

Thanks for the info - that's super helpful! I think I'll probably do likewise and just extend my stay at the same place.

• Like 1