Are most people on this forum who've done a HT glad they did it?

I saw some (potentially made up) figure that said that 7/10 people who had had a hair transplant regretted it.

I'm new here, so I haven't been around long enough to see much in the way of most people's results and how they feel about it. Obviously people on this forum do more due diligence than the average person, so I'm really hoping that the satisfaction here is higher.

I'm planning (most likely) on doing a procedure with Dr. Carlos Wesley, and I just really don't want to mess things up. 

What percentage of people on here who use a recommended doctor wind up feeling bad about their transplant or wishing they hadn't done iit?

Thanks a bunch to all you veterans for your insight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, terrapin89 said:

Obviously people on this forum do more due diligence than the average person, so I'm really hoping that the satisfaction here is higher.

I'm planning (most likely) on doing a procedure with Dr. Carlos Wesley, and I just really don't want to mess things up. 

The problem is that a lot of people find this forum after they have gone ahead with the procedure (often doing little to no research).

The timing is key. For example, you have found this forum before going ahead with the procedure which will put you in a better position to get a good result.

• Administrators

I had a poll here last year. Approximately 80% were satisfied with their results. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You're in great hands with @Dr. Carlos Wesley

I think people on this forum are much more knowledgeable and have more realistic expectations than the average person looking into a hair transplant. 

• Like 3

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

You're in great hands with @Dr. Carlos Wesley

I think people on this forum are much more knowledgeable and have more realistic expectations than the average person looking into a hair transplant. 

I agree Dr. Wesley is top notch

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

47 minutes ago, kramer79 said:

The problem is that a lot of people find this forum after they have gone ahead with the procedure (often doing little to no research).

The timing is key. For example, you have found this forum before going ahead with the procedure which will put you in a better position to get a good result.

this,

glad i did the research before surgery

More often than not I feel guys will not be happy with hair transplants because there are now many places to go to and only a few who will do it right. Too much desperation, too many cheap discount options, little savings and time patience. Personally very happy I did it, and will be happy if I could maintain in the long term and hold off the need for another one soon. 

• Like 1

I can not smile wide enough, only 7.5 months in and being able to go to the barbers and get my hair styled for the 1st time in 20 odd year. Any improvement will be a bonus from now on .... feel 21 again 😀

• Like 2

As the others have said, I think the answer to that question really lies in the type of people being polled. If you ask a bunch of people who did little to no research and ended up getting subpar (or worse) work done at a hair mill or some national chain, then that number is probably accurate. However, if you're asking people who chose a surgeon after doing considerable research, knew what they were getting into, had reasonable expectations, and used valuable resources like this forum before making a decision, I guarantee you the number of people who regret it is incredibly low. 

Glad you seem to have found this forum (and therefore, guidance!) before moving forward. You're in really good hands. :)

• Like 3

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Happy with my results, but it took multiple surgeries to get there.  Be prepared for that possibility. 

• Like 2

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators
11 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Happy with my results, but it took multiple surgeries to get there.  Be prepared for that possibility. 

This fact isn’t mentioned enough. One and done hair transplants rarely exist if at all. 

• Like 3

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

This fact isn’t mentioned enough. One and done hair transplants rarely exist if at all. 

Even for just frontal third-type stuff?

I realize I may need another farther down the road as the loss progresses further back, but for people who are just repairing frontal third initially, do they typically need more than one right off the bat?

25 minutes ago, terrapin89 said:

I realize I may need another farther down the road as the loss progresses further back, but for people who are just repairing frontal third initially, do they typically need more than one right off the bat?

Depends on various factors - hair type, amount of grafts transplanted, amount of existing hair still present etc. 

There are a number of cases where if the only area of balding is frontal hairline or frontal third, a one off pass can quite easily suffice, given there is no further progression. 

As for me, I was partially happy, 80%, from the fourth to the eighth month, then a disappointment, but even stronger, for not having heard the Clinic anymore.

• Administrators

I will try and find the poll and post it here.

View my thread

I'd really be curious about a breakdown based on patients specific situation such as doctor choice (maybe local vs hair mill vs elite doctor), balding pattern and hair/donor qualities.

4 hours ago, terrapin89 said:

My frontal third has been addressed in every one of my 7 HT's.  

• Haha 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 2 months later...