HT at EUGENIX NW3 2612 Grafts on 24 March 2021 by Dr Priyadarshini Das @ Mumbai branch

ADil

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Going to a mill is just foolish when you can achieve this at Eugenix at the lowest package. 

I think Dr Priyadarshini is no more at the lowest package in Eugenix since 2022. Correct me if i am wrong. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, GeneralNorwood said:

I think Dr Priyadarshini is no more at the lowest package in Eugenix since 2022. Correct me if i am wrong. 

She’s $1.61 per graft. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

She’s $1.61 per graft. 

Medical tourism in India is great value. It really opens up excellent options for those that can't afford a HT in N America or Europe and don't want to play Russian roulette in Turkey. It can only drive competition worldwide and lead to even more options and better innovations.

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
5 minutes ago, kirkland said:

Medical tourism in India is great value. It really opens up excellent options for those that can't afford a HT in N America or Europe and don't want to play Russian roulette in Turkey. It can only drive competition worldwide and lead to even more options and better innovations.

Absolutely Ian! 👌

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 10:03 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

This forum was created for patients interested in sharing their genuine reviews. Patients who put themselves out there. We exist because of guys like @ADil who share their experience. I will not have anyone posting to try and nitpick them and bring them down, especially someone who doesn’t share themselves, and is anonymous. 

The reason everyone comes here is to see real reviews, the moment people feel uncomfortable posting because they may get nitpicked and brought down, is the moment this forum dies, and that I will not allow. Sharing real reviews and experiences isn’t advertising. That’s the reason why we hold these reviews so highly. No one is being paid to post, they post because they’re paying it forward to help others out there see what a genuine candid result looks like. 

We are all entitled to our own opinions. But there’s no WAY in hell, I’m gonna start allowing random anonymous posters bring down those who contribute to our community. You can call it whatever you like. There is a time and place to discuss opinions and critiques, reviews are not one of them, point, blank, period. 

I really delayed responding to this for some time so I could comment with some equanimity. Sometimes talking to you feels like an exercise in futility so I will just leave it at this:

If I recall your history correctly, you had a bad first procedure and were then rescued by Diep, followed by your recent experience at Eugenix which will hopefully be a positive outcome. Despite this difficult history you recently tried to have a surgeon included on your recommended list that had ZERO patient submitted cases. How would you feel if a user looked at that recommendation and had the same botched result you did with your first surgery?

Providing constructive feedback in threads about user experiences is part of the reason people post their cases on forums in the first place. If we wanted blind positivity we would go to a therapist. Please keep in mind that a large part of this forum's success has been its honesty. This openness is rapidly disappearing from this space and has made it incredibly difficult to trust your opinion as of late. This is not an opinion I hold alone, I've had communications from other forum members in the same vein.

I understand you have to pay the bills but come on Melvin, this "positivity at all costs" comes across as financially motivated. Please, please be reasonable. Your forum, your rules but I'm telling you there is the potential for you to do something great here. Don't go the way of bald truth.

On 2/19/2022 at 12:11 AM, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

The growth looks amazing. Plus there's more time to go for the full growth. 

To bring it back to the thread, yes this is a solid point. I wouldn't consider doing anything else until 18 months if at all. This is still a nearly perfect result and we're only at 10 months.

And it's not only that sometimes we see more hairs sprouting, but I've noticed with posted cases that the transplanted hairs also seem to get a "softness" to them and lie in a more natural orientation over this time frame.

Very few users, positive outcome or not, post their results after a year so it's hard to say much but I really hope @ADil keeps updating us!

Eugenix is clearly putting out world class outcomes and they're doing it consistently. Congrats on your outcome, you look like a different person.

Edited by George Clooney
  • Like 2

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Sometimes talking to you feels like an exercise in futility so I will just leave it at this:

If I recall your history correctly, you had a bad first procedure and were then rescued by Diep, followed by your recent experience at Eugenix which will hopefully be a positive outcome. Despite this difficult history you recently tried to have a surgeon included on your recommended list that had ZERO patient submitted cases. How would you feel if a user looked at that recommendation and had the same botched result you did with your first surgery?

Your commercial bias disguised as positivity is profoundly concerning. Providing constructive feedback in threads about user experiences is part of the reason people post their cases on forums in the first place. If we wanted blind positivity we would go to a therapist. Please keep in mind that a large part of this forum's success has been its honesty. This openness is rapidly disappearing from this space and has made it incredibly difficult to trust your opinion as of late.

I understand you have to pay the bills but come on Melvin, this "positivity at all costs" comes across as financially motivated. Please, please be reasonable. You have the potential to do something great here.

First of all, I don’t do this job for money. I will have you know that I work a full-time job. Secondly, you are comparing a botched result where I was unhappy to this result which is good and the patient is happy. 

You are purposely misconstruing the situation to make yourself appear justified for nitpicking a person’s result, when you yourself don’t have the courage to share your own pictures. It’s easy for you to nitpick someone, when you won’t show your own hair. 

As for the surgeon you mentioned, he did have patient reviews, just not on the forum, he’s had several recent posts, and most certainly deserves to be recommended. The fact I took down the recommendation after hearing the feedback, shows that we do things as a collective. 

Lastly, we are the only forum that allows negative reviews, the good, the bad, and the ugly. You’ve been here 3 months but have asserted yourself as an authoritative figure on how the forum should be run lol. Do not respond to this post, any further posts send a pm.  If you don’t like it there’s the door 🚪 👋🏼 

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

First of all, I don’t do this job for money. I will have you know that I work a full-time job. Secondly, you are comparing a botched result where I was unhappy to this result which is good and the patient is happy. 

You are purposely misconstruing the situation to make yourself appear justified for nitpicking a person’s result, when you yourself don’t have the courage to share your own pictures. It’s easy for you to nitpick someone, when you won’t show your own hair. 

As for the surgeon you mentioned, he did have patient reviews, just not on the forum, he’s had several recent posts, and most certainly deserves to be recommended. The fact I took down the recommendation after hearing the feedback, shows that we do things as a collective. 

Lastly, we are the only forum that allows negative reviews, the good, the bad, and the ugly. You’ve been here 3 months but have asserted yourself as an authoritative figure on how the forum should be run lol. Do not respond to this post, any further posts send a pm.  If you don’t like it there’s the door 🚪 👋🏼 

This non response and attacking instead of responding to the substance of what I said is what I expected. Whether or not I show my own hair has nothing to do with my comments on another user's posts.

Anyways, your forum your rules. If you want to use it for advertising that's your choice. There are other more open forums out there. Hasta luego.

• Like 2

I don't actually think bald george clooney has said anything out of line in this thread tbh, and I don't think trying to bring the patient down was an intention in anyway. 

I have been on this forum for a long time, and it is certainly the first time I have seen it become a rule that constructive criticism is prohibited on patient's individual journeys, as I can recount hundreds of threads over the years from patients that have visited top surgeons and clinics, where there has been critiques provided by experienced forum members, which have ultimately been of huge aid to both the patient in question themselves, and the thousands of others who are following the thread, and building up their knowledge of hair transplants. 

Every single one of us here, owe the majority of our knowledge that we have today, through the education this forum and platform provides - and constructive criticism is a key element to this. 

FWIW with regards to this thread, 

I think the ratio of grafts used:area covered, has been a fantastic outcome, which is in part to do with the patients native hair calibre (coverage value) - but it without a doubt shows that the yield has been high, which is great - and the main preoccupation we all have when going in for surgery . . will my grafts survive? 

So big tick in the box for that. 

Design - I've not read the thread properly, but it was mentioned that OP opted for a conservative approach, so hairline design, and temple point construction etc - falls in line with this. 

I do think, however, the point made with regards to the hairline 'sparsity' is valid - albeit, perhaps a few more months of maturation may make a slight difference, and this is a critique from a high level observer who knows exactly what to look for. 

I don't think it will necessarily stand out of the ordinary to the general members of the public, however, personally, as a HT nerd, this would scream HT to me. 

This can be rectified, and isn't particularly hard to do so (given the donor management has been executed well), and perhaps, isn't required, if OP is happy - then that is what counts, and that is great. 

My point is - over the top positivity and gas lighting helps no one, in equal measure to that of being openly negative to posters who are brave enough to share their results on a thread, helps no one. BUT I do think, supportive constructive critiquing on results, has its place, and is a very important element to this forum. It is the patients prerogative to take this on board or not, and proceed with however they want to. 

There are more than enough, fair, and experienced posters on here, who wouldn't allow for unfair or unwarranted comments that undermine a patients' result, or a doctors work - so rather than implementing micro managing policies,such as inflicting 'bans' on anything but positive comments on peoples threads - lets just be fair, supportive, and honest?

Theres an active thread on here this evening from someone who is 14 days post op, and clearly has misdirected angles - and I don't see any issues with people pointing this out, and confirming that the angles are misplaced. 

OP has an ok result here, and if he's happy, so should we all be. The only comments I have read on here that haven't been 'knocked off their feet in awe' comments, are ones that are suggesting what COULD be done, if desired, to take this to the next level. 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 1

• Administrators

If someone does not feel comfortable being nitpicked and reports a post. It is my duty to respond. I will not have anyone who does not contribute anything to the forum bring down a contributor. People who share their journeys provide content for this forum. There are users and contributors. OP is a contributor, the other poster is the latter. It is easy to nitpick someone who puts themself out there for free. I will not have anonymous users of the forum make contributors uncomfortable to contribute further.

Any further replies please direct them to my private message thank you. 

• Like 1

View my thread

23 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If someone does not feel comfortable being nitpicked and reports a post. It is my duty to respond. I will not have anyone who does not contribute anything to the forum bring down a contributor. People who share their journeys provide content for this forum. There are users and contributors. OP is a contributor, the other poster is the latter. It is easy to nitpick someone who puts themself out there for free. I will not have anonymous users of the forum make contributors uncomfortable to contribute further.

Any further replies please direct them to my private message thank you. 

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator

Really appreciate it..
I wasn't going to comment but I feel I MUST..

When someone comments "pluggy Hairline" "sparse " "lower end of the results " might need a second transplant" on a 11 month results, its not constructive criticism in my eyes. So I reported it.
Even when politely told to refrain ..it became a ego issue and an intellectual battle..

I am sure I will get a very "Intellectual" reply here telling me to take criticism in a positive way etc..because this guy  needs to have the last word..

I am a perfectionist but still i am extremely happy with my results and I got very close to what i wanted to achieve..

And we must not forget.."Hair transplant is the Illusion of Density .!!! "

I am really greatful to this forum and the immense knowledge and support i continue to get here..

I am here to pay it forward by sharing my experience ..Not spread negativity 

Will continue to post my journey and help and guide whoever DMs me as well..

Before i forget..

I have come a loong way..🙂

20220226_011612.jpg

JPEG_20220226_014028_1278068301294994833.jpg

JPEG_20220226_013955_6853294106613370107.jpg

Edited by ADil
  • Like 8

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, ADil said:

Really appreciate it..

When someone comments "pluggy Hairline" "sparse " "lower end of the results " might need a second transplant" on a 11 month results, its not constructive criticism in my eyes. So I reported it.
Even when politely told to refrain ..it became a ego issue and an intellectual battle..

I am sure I will get a very "Intellectual" reply here telling me to take criticism in a positive way etc..because this guy  needs to have the last word..

I am a perfectionist but still i am extremely happy with my results and I got very close to what i wanted to achieve..

I am really greatful to this forum and the immense knowledge and support i continue to get here..

Before i forget..

20220226_011612.jpg

I completely agree, constructive criticism would be something that you could work on and improve. There’s nothing constructive about those comments. Constructive criticism would be: “hey man, try and take better pictures, the ones you post look bad.” Or “hey man, get some better lighting, it looks too dark.” Something like that is constructive.

They’re always made by people with no pictures and that don’t have the courage to put themselves out there, they tell you to have thick skin, when they wont even show their own pictures, RIDICULOUS! I’m glad this hasn’t deterred you from posting. Your results look amazing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

On 2/25/2022 at 8:56 PM, ADil said:

Really appreciate it..

Before i forget..

20220226_011612.jpg

This is a good result in my book.

Enjoy your life my friend 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 1:56 PM, ADil said:

Really appreciate it..

Before i forget..

20220226_011612.jpg

I hope my ahir transplant turns out half as good as this. Brilliant. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, fantastic result Adil. You were one of the final threads I was following before locking in my own surgery, happy to see how it's turned out.

That was a bizarre exchange on the previous page. Giving feedback is one thing, but I found those comments wholly unnecessary and unhelpful, especially coming from a poster with a 3 month old account. Good riddance.

• Like 3

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

On 2/27/2022 at 8:54 PM, rob7331 said:

Wow, fantastic result Adil. You were one of the final threads I was following before locking in my own surgery, happy to see how it's turned out.

That was a bizarre exchange on the previous page. Giving feedback is one thing, but I found those comments wholly unnecessary and unhelpful, especially coming from a poster with a 3 month old account. Good riddance.

Hey @rob7331

All the best for your journey..🙏

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 1:26 AM, ADil said:

Really appreciate it..

Before i forget..

20220226_011612.jpg

That looks wonderful. Please ignore the negativity. I faced the same when I first joined. 

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 2/25/2022 at 7:56 PM, ADil said:

Really appreciate it..

Before i forget..

20220226_011612.jpg

For what it's worth, putting all that other stuff to the side. Thank you for sharing your journey, thoughts and even the points you didn't feel great about. It all helps people when making their decisions and even is something i'm hoping to take on board. 

I think looking at those pictures, your results pretty solid and if anything, should you personally decide you wanted to have another procedure like so many do to refine and add density, that's a personal choice but you look great to me there for a single pass.

The illusion of density is also a perfectly valid comment and what hair transplants give. If people usually go back to add more density and refine, i completely understand that choice top but it is definitely down to the individuals and how they feel about it. 

I know Armen (@MazAB) is already talking about going back and he's only at 6 months results lol. So it's not about a "bad hair transplant" requiring it at all. It's just the reality of hair transplants imo where "perfect" is a moving goal post for everybody. 

Good luck as you head to 12+ months OP and really hoping for the best for you. :)

4 hours ago, NARMAK said:

For what it's worth, putting all that other stuff to the side. Thank you for sharing your journey, thoughts and even the points you didn't feel great about. It all helps people when making their decisions and even is something i'm hoping to take on board. 

I think looking at those pictures, your results pretty solid and if anything, should you personally decide you wanted to have another procedure like so many do to refine and add density, that's a personal choice but you look great to me there for a single pass.

The illusion of density is also a perfectly valid comment and what hair transplants give. If people usually go back to add more density and refine, i completely understand that choice top but it is definitely down to the individuals and how they feel about it. 

I know Armen (@MazAB) is already talking about going back and he's only at 6 months results lol. So it's not about a "bad hair transplant" requiring it at all. It's just the reality of hair transplants imo where "perfect" is a moving goal post for everybody. 

Good luck as you head to 12+ months OP and really hoping for the best for you. :)

Great point @NARMAK. Completely agree and one thing I'd like to add as well is that going into this my expectation was always that I'd have 2 procedures. The reason was mainly that in almost every case where you have complete bald spots on your head the best that you can achieve is the illusion of density at roughly 40 grafts per cm2 plus or minus. I'd like to get to closer to 60 grafts per cm2 as a final result which is unrealistic for any 1st procedure. Most of the knock the ball out of the park 1st procedures I've seen was with diffused thinners that had the outline of there hair intact which helps to naturally increase the follicular count per cm2 and give you much greater density combining native hair with transplanted hair across the recipient area. 

For me personally, I don't mind burning thru a little more donor since my hair loss is more or less stabilized and have plenty left in the bank even after a 2nd procedure. The main point here is that if you have a great clinic, doctor and end result locked down, why not try to make a great result even better if it aligns with your goals and objectives. 

Chasing perfection can be a fools gold endeavor when it comes to hair transplants, but certainly aiming for something a little better than a great 1st result is definitely attainable.