My hairline and crown results from FUT in July 2020

EvoXOhio

11 minutes ago, makehairgreatagain said:

@Gatsby said it well. You've been hard on yourself through your postings. Your result looks fantastic so far and he's right about it taking up to 18 months to fully mature. I was fortunate enough to be a quick grower but there were still changes that happened. Don't rush getting a second transplant, your result turned out great.

Thanks! Yes I’m a very impatient person by nature and I have very poor self esteem. I definitely won’t get another HT for at least 5 or more years. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

11 month update. Like I said last month, at this point my thread is just an update on how long my hair is growing. 😂

Tried something different for a few of these pics, instead of using front facing camera I used the regular camera and took a picture of me in the mirror. All the pictures are in super harsh bathroom lighting. 

im starting to have a big ole mop of hair and I’m loving it. I plan on growing my hair pretty long, assuming no more hair loss. 

79C08774-332F-498B-A599-4431F5B81DE7.jpeg

CEEC8791-82DC-4D1B-A2BE-6A17AA1CCDD9.jpeg

F6BF56C9-85FF-441B-BC57-E2C943A9AF56.jpeg

470CD4E7-2BC7-428E-B257-27BF67800631.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Man your hair looks thick n full .. FUT is still very viable .. n delivers .. 

U have great donor hair.. I don’t think u ever be bald again .. 

Thanks! Yeah I’m hoping with my regime of daily fin and min plus my weekly topical dutasteride that I will not lose any more hair. 🤞

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It’s 4 days shy of a year so here are my obligatory 1 year photos. As I’ve said the last several months, there’s not going to be any change beyond my hair being longer. My hair length has now reached the “ugly duckling” stage for growing your hair out. For anyone who has ever grown long hair, you know there is a period where it just looks dumb. Sadly I am in that period, lol. But keeping my eye on the prize. 

Since there’s not much more to this HT journey, I’ve decided to start on a new hair restoration project - micro needling. I have read and seen great results on Reddit from micro needling combined with minoxidil. Since I don’t really need it overall on my head (and it could damage my SMP), I’m just going to do it on my temple points since I have virtually none. I may also do it on my hairline and temples just to do the whole area that frames my face. I’ll post pics on a few months if there are any results. I took “before” pics today but I’ll save them for when I post “after” shots if there is any improvement. 

DEA46ED2-E6C8-4343-886E-5620AAFEE183.jpeg

16A781FE-368B-4E62-BD5A-B7A1139EEF4C.jpeg

Edited by EvoXOhio
  • Like 4

• Administrators

Looks fantastic man big improvement from your 6-7 month updates. A big reason why waiting is important 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Waiting helps, so does SMP 😂

Do you think smp made a big difference? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Do you think smp made a big difference? 

Oh it made a huge difference. Scroll back a page or two and look at my before and after. Also I made a separate thread in the SMP section with pics and videos. SMP hides all scalp from showing through my hair. 

Edited by EvoXOhio
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Yesterday was my oldest son’s first Homecoming, so I took a few pictures with him (cropped him out when posting here though.) I am amazed and in awe that I have a full head of hair that is getting longer and longer every month, and that I can let flow in the wind and not worry about it. BUT, the hair greed is real and I can’t stop looking at my massive five head wishing my hairline was lower. It doesn’t bother me enough to get another surgery, but man do I wish it was a bit lower. 

Also as an update from my last post, I continue to micro needle my temple points and hairline (and apply dutasteride and minoxidil to them) and have seen 0 results so far. It’s only been 2.5 months, and I plan on giving it the full 6 months for results. 

B9D05105-7F10-47BD-A0A6-293EE6E435D5.jpeg

• Like 6

• Administrators

Looks fantastic you got the 90s part hairstyle, need good density to pull that off. 

View my thread

8 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looks fantastic you got the 90s part hairstyle, need good density to pull that off. 

I’m not sure if that 90s comment makes me feel good or old. 😂

It’s still growing out, I probably have another 6 months to a year before it reaches the length I want. My hair grows relatively fast. I shaved my entire head a year ago exactly, and haven’t cut the top since, and only trimmed the sides and back a bit until the top got longer (I didn’t want a mullet) so it’s grown decently long I’d say  

My goal is for it to look like Jared Padalecki’s hair in the show Supernatural like in the attached pics. I know mine won’t look as good because my hair is coarse and wiry, I have a five head, I don’t have native density, etc. but hoping for the best. 

23935486-83C1-4A90-85BB-2CCACA15CAAE.jpeg

38D37870-8406-4C5E-A4FC-FAA083FC453F.jpeg

• Like 2