My hairline and crown results from FUT in July 2020

EvoXOhio

2 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Did Michal or Scott do the work?

Mike did mine. I liked both of their work but ultimately I chose Mile because he has more client photos of density treatments whereas Scott only had a couple. Also Mike has been doing it way longer. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Hairline Ink in Chicago. It’s $2500 total for two sessions. If you need a third it’s $700 and that also includes a free touch up after if needed within the first year. 

The price was on par or a bit cheaper with all the other places I talked to. I went with this place because their results were by far the best. What surprised me was how fast it went. I thought they originally told me it would be about 3-4 hours but I was only there an hour. I am in the wrong line of work if it’s possible to make $1250 an hour putting dots on someone’s head, lol. And this guy is one of the best in the country, booked out for 1-2 months constantly, has awards, etc. 

nice, I’ve considered doing this, but was discouraged when @hairthere said it wasn’t that viable for most guys. Can you share a picture of your hair parted down the middle. It might highlight the appearance of fullness better, or maybe with damp/wet hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

nice, I’ve considered doing this, but was discouraged when @hairthere said it wasn’t that viable for most guys. Can you share a picture of your hair parted down the middle. It might highlight the appearance of fullness better, or maybe with damp/wet hair.

I’ll do that once I have the second treatment done and it’s all healed, because that will be full density for me. Right now the dots are still sparse. 

but that being said I don’t have any before pictures of that so you won’t have a frame of reference. 

• Like 1

I got my second SMP treatment Tuesday, so today I was able to washed my hair for the first time since then. The attached pictures are from the harshest light in my entire house - overhead bulbs pointed directly at my head. As you can see, with my hair combed normally the illusion of a full head of hair is nearly perfect, even when you try to look for it. 

I wanted to attach a video but it won’t let me, not sure why. I’ll try to find another way to post one. 

5DC6BF8C-C2B6-400A-9DA2-9C06EB349E2E.jpeg

D77AC60C-A9E3-4CDB-B65A-B15C425696C8.jpeg

• Like 2

These next set of photos I have deliberately combed my hair to show the worst part of my crown with regards to hair density - one parted down the middle and the other parted side to side across the crown. Yes, you can still see some scalp and if you zoom on you can see dots, but I also don’t comb my hair this way. Also I wish I had “before” pictures to show how much better this looks now. 

515F99F7-B7E4-4437-91F2-AF89C6A8FF00.jpeg

BB5CC12C-A544-4068-975E-C819D9B79034.jpeg

Just now, Curious25 said:

It looks really good, I’m very impressed. Do you have any pics in the same light and angle pre SMP

Your donor also looks solid 

The top is a picture from about a month before the first procedure and the bottom is today. Same room, same light. 

07F5A44A-7C6B-4182-BF00-4896A08D09FA.jpeg

0E9AF761-E1DE-45A2-BC8E-DE8CCCF3E6DB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2021 at 4:02 PM, EvoXOhio said:

I had my 8 month follow up yesterday. I expressed my concerns about my crown thinness. He of course said to give it more time, but then he pulled out my pre-op and 4 months pictures to compare. I didn’t have copies of these pictures, and I didn’t have any pictures of my own from the same timeframe. After comparing the progress, I am now 100% happy with my results. I do plan on getting SMP on my scalp to add crown density, but that’s just to augment this. 

in the picture below the left column is pre-op, middle is 4 months after, right column is 8 months after.

AFBAB5F0-CA04-4068-9067-F915BCCC1C2E.jpeg

Man, your results are stellar. Especially for your age and remaining donor capacity. Congrats. 

That said, in these before pics, you can see some significant thinning/miniaturization in the mid-scalp, behind the area they transplanted in your hairline. Is this something you can spot at this point with your hair grown out? And you just style around/over it?

congrats again. 

On 2/21/2021 at 10:00 AM, EvoXOhio said:

Not really, but only because I’ve been working from home and haven’t seen my friends or coworkers or family (other than kids and fiancé) since Covid started a year ago. I literally only leave the house to go to the grocery store, get my kids, or get food (and of course for my surgery). I’ve only posted maybe one picture on Facebook, and it was around month 4 or 5 so the changes weren’t drastic enough for anyone to notice yet. 

I suspect that if life ever returns to normal and I go back to the office, people will notice. We do a ton of zoom and Webex calls now, but I never have my webcam on. So nobody has really seen me. And my kids are young so I don’t think it’s something they’d notice. I wore a hat every day during the ugly duckling phase so they wouldn’t know I had surgery. 

Did you ever end up being asked about the noticeable change? How did you end up deciding to address it? 

3 hours ago, yesplease said:

Did you ever end up being asked about the noticeable change? How did you end up deciding to address it? 

I honestly haven’t really seen many people yet. My dad noticed it and I just laughed and said it was a combover. 

3 hours ago, yesplease said:

Man, your results are stellar. Especially for your age and remaining donor capacity. Congrats. 

That said, in these before pics, you can see some significant thinning/miniaturization in the mid-scalp, behind the area they transplanted in your hairline. Is this something you can spot at this point with your hair grown out? And you just style around/over it?

congrats again. 

Thanks! I didn’t realize how thin my mid scalp was until seeing these pictures. Even before I got my SMP, when my hair is styled I don’t notice any thinness in my mid scalp. With the SMP it makes it look even thicker. I literally don’t see any thinness anywhere except my hairline is very bright sunlight overhead. 

• 2 weeks later...

10 month update. Nothing really to report other than my hair is longer, I quit dying my beard, and I put two holes in my ear 😂.

My HT is definitely done, plus I got SMP for density so I’m not going to see any visual improvement from here on out. I’m also on topical dutasteride which will hopefully help me keep my hair and if I’m lucky regrow or thicken some hair. 

Not sure if it’s even worth updating this thread any more as I don’t foresee any changes 

https://youtube.com/shorts/tuFvAQnjIAY?feature=share

F9B59C93-2D55-41CF-8C27-32273C164617.jpeg

A7E7D2E7-FB48-4CA4-AA0B-8B89BBAD987B.jpeg

35110D33-CF78-44A2-A72E-23D0A7FBC4AC.jpeg

6AB7498E-A5F2-45CD-B79D-3F176A6244E3.jpeg

309F3955-D755-495E-8DD4-79831D9808D5.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, makehairgreatagain said:

Your not a patient person 😂

It looks really good overall

I mean you’re right I’m not patient lol but what specifically do you mean? Not patient how? 

• Valued Contributor

Any grafts in the crown can take up to 18 months to benefit from. Also did Mike have an issue performing SMP within 12 months of a hair transplant? Looking at your initial pre op pictures you look SO much younger now dude! For a chain clinic you did well!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Any grafts in the crown can take up to 18 months to benefit from. Also did Mike have an issue performing SMP within 12 months of a hair transplant? Looking at your initial pre op pictures you look SO much younger now dude! For a chain clinic you did well!

Yeah I know they can take up to 18 months, but the hairs I have in the crown seem as thick as normal hairs, and I know knew ones won’t be pushing through. That’s why I went with the SMP now, I know I wasn’t going to get the results I wanted from the HT

Mike said he won’t do SMP if it’s been less than 9 months since an HT. I was at 9 months and a week so it was all good to go. He said he had no issues. 

Thanks for saying I look younger! I definitely feel better about my appearance and my confidence is so much higher. I do struggle with hair greed and wonder if I want a second HT to fill in the crown a bit more, lower and thicken my hairline, and do my temple points….. but I’m so happy with these results I’m going to wait. If I start losing more hair, or when my SMP needs a touch up, then maybe in 5-10 years I’ll get a second HT

@Gatsby said it well. You've been hard on yourself through your postings. Your result looks fantastic so far and he's right about it taking up to 18 months to fully mature. I was fortunate enough to be a quick grower but there were still changes that happened. Don't rush getting a second transplant, your result turned out great.

• Like 2