My hairline and crown results from FUT in July 2020

EvoXOhio

29 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

I am very impressed by your results here. I noticed that you were unable to remember how many grafts you had, are you able to ask your surgeon/clinic about the graft breakdown?

Thanks! The clinic provided the number of hairs transplanted and I posted that number somewhere in this thread. 

Edit: here’s the count: 

Edited by EvoXOhio

• 5 months later...

Amazing results and it looks great long. Many have told me that after a transplant you can't keep it too short because it will look sparse or of you keep it too long it will looked thinned out. Probably all hearsay that is abundant in the HT world.

But it definitely looks good on you. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

Just now, mavigo said:

Amazing results and it looks great long. Many have told me that after a transplant you can't keep it too short because it will look sparse or of you keep it too long it will looked thinned out. Probably all hearsay that is abundant in the HT world.

But it definitely looks good on you. 

Thank you. It all comes down to the individual and their results. If I didn’t have SMP, my crown would probably look a bit too bare to rock long hair. And I do have to put hairspray on my crown to keep the hair from parting too much and showing some scalp. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/8/2021 at 4:58 PM, EvoXOhio said:

These next set of photos I have deliberately combed my hair to show the worst part of my crown with regards to hair density - one parted down the middle and the other parted side to side across the crown. Yes, you can still see some scalp and if you zoom on you can see dots, but I also don’t comb my hair this way. Also I wish I had “before” pictures to show how much better this looks now. 

515F99F7-B7E4-4437-91F2-AF89C6A8FF00.jpeg

BB5CC12C-A544-4068-975E-C819D9B79034.jpeg

Would it be possible to SMP these areas so regardless what way you comb your hair you never see the scalp?

57 minutes ago, DHAwk said:

Would it be possible to SMP these areas so regardless what way you comb your hair you never see the scalp?

I do have SMP there. The point was to show that if you don’t have enough hair in the area, the dots will show. You have to have enough hair so that the dots don’t show. 

Your result looks great however I’ll be honest I was disappointed to learn you got SMP, a good transplant result shouldn’t require the patient to get fake cover ups like SMP or the use of fibers. 
Another thing that could have improved your result is if you had two sessions, instead of addressing the hairline and crown in one session your doctor should have just focused solely on the hairline and frontal region entirely and then you could have gone for a second surgery a year later focusing on the crown only + if you used some sort of medication during that time your results would have been even better

5 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Your result looks great however I’ll be honest I was disappointed to learn you got SMP, a good transplant result shouldn’t require the patient to get fake cover ups like SMP or the use of fibers. 
Another thing that could have improved your result is if you had two sessions, instead of addressing the hairline and crown in one session your doctor should have just focused solely on the hairline and frontal region entirely and then you could have gone for a second surgery a year later focusing on the crown only + if you used some sort of medication during that time your results would have been even better

I got SMP instead of a second surgery. I didn’t want to go through all that hassle again. I was never going to get full coverage from one surgery, I had too much loss.

I had been on medication for years before I got the HT, so that wouldn’t have made a difference. 

Hi,

Fantastic results... You're also styling your hair with taste, it works.

About FUT vs FUE: FUT has become more rare, did you specifically ask for FUT and not FUE, or did the doctors advise FUT rather than FUE to you? Or maybe it's an FUT-only clinic?...

Just now, MikDF said:

Hi,

Fantastic results... You're also styling your hair with taste, it works.

About FUT vs FUE: FUT has become more rare, did you specifically ask for FUT and not FUE, or did the doctors advise FUT rather than FUE to you? Or maybe it's an FUT-only clinic?...

I got it nearly 3 years ago and a lot has changed. At the time, FUT was cheaper and allowed them to do more hair per session. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Administrators
On 8/6/2023 at 11:58 AM, EvoXOhio said:

Hit the 3 year mark. Not much to report other than my hair is longer, I’ve had no further hair loss, and still happy with the results. 

IMG_5270.jpeg

IMG_5268.jpeg

IMG_5260.jpeg

IMG_5239.jpeg

Miss you on the forum. But damn I see why you don’t post as much. You beat the game. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

one of the most impressive things about this result was the FUT scar.. man do I wish mine was that thin. Or better yet, i wish i discovered this forum before my transplants. im sitting here with 1cm linear scar

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Miss you on the forum. But damn I see why you don’t post as much. You beat the game. 

Thanks man. If I wasn’t wearing my hair long I’d probably get another HT to lower my hairline a bit, give me temple points, and add more density to my crown. But the thought of starting over and having to wait 3 years to have long hair again does not sound fun. 

1 hour ago, XavierJB said:

one of the most impressive things about this result was the FUT scar.. man do I wish mine was that thin. Or better yet, i wish i discovered this forum before my transplants. im sitting here with 1cm linear scar

Yeah I got really lucky, especially since I got the HT before I found this forum, and it was from a chain type place. 

1 minute ago, EvoXOhio said:

Yeah I got really lucky, especially since I got the HT before I found this forum, and it was from a chain type place. 

Well they did a great job. And I should clarify because I sounded like a contradicted myself in a recent post I made in another topic. I wish I read and did more diligence here before one of my FUTs. I did find this forum and basically just quickly referenced the surgeon list and that was about it. Ended up not being great. But now finding the info and reviews more useful. 

if anyone new reads this.. don’t be me.. even if the surgeon is listed here.. take your time to read as much as you can

• Like 1