My hairline and crown results from FUT in July 2020

EvoXOhio

5 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Thanks I will definitely look into it. I’ve seen derma rolling mentioned here but haven’t researched it much. 

I am already using minoxidil though, been using it about 2 years. Been on fin about 2 years too. I have one of those iRestore laser helmet things too I have been using for about a year and a half. I doubt the helmet works at all but I paid for it so might as well use it until it dies. 

I would like to get on DUT but all the places I’ve seen selling it are charging a lot and I have no idea I’d they’re legit. 

Yeah...definitely look into it...since you are using Minox & Fin already adding a derma roller or derma pen will likely boost your hair gains as it’s doing for many others...but give your HT results some more time before adding..just to be safe.

Ive tried LLT when it first came on the market as a brush years ago...IMHO it’s overpriced bs and same for the helmets...I’ve not been impressed compared to the Big 3 (Minox/Fin/Nizoral) & derma roller.

Not a fan of FIN nor DUT here because of their systemic actions but if you can tolerate them without issue more power to you...I believe supposedly a standardized extract of Saw Palmetto functions like DUT...so if you can’t get DUT maybe look into adding SP(standardized extract)

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

I’ll try not to take too much offense at this 😂

You shouldn't he's awesome.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Yeah...definitely look into it...since you are using Minox & Fin already adding a derma roller or derma pen will likely boost your hair gains as it’s doing for many others...but give your HT results some more time before adding..just to be safe.

Ive tried LLT when it first came on the market as a brush years ago...IMHO it’s overpriced bs and same for the helmets...I’ve not been impressed compared to the Big 3 (Minox/Fin/Nizoral) & derma roller.

Not a fan of FIN nor DUT here because of their systemic actions but if you can tolerate them without issue more power to you...I believe supposedly a standardized extract of Saw Palmetto functions like DUT...so if you can’t get DUT maybe look into adding SP(standardized extract)

Yeah I’ll try dermarolling once I am 1 year post HT. As far as fin I’ve never experienced any sides, I’m one of the lucky ones I guess. 

19 hours ago, EvoXOhio said:

Thanks I will. I’m a little embarrassed because I didn’t know of this forum before I made my decision. the place I went to isn’t necessarily a hair mill, but they are a larger organization that spans multiple locations. The name of the doctor that did my work only shows up in a few posts here, and they are really old posts.  I believe each location is independently owned and operated though. All of the consultation was done via the person who owns and runs the clinic, and not the doctor, and I know now that’s a big red flag. I didn’t even meet the doctor until 5 minutes before surgery. But like I said, I didn’t know any better. All their results and reviews are all great, I couldn’t find a single bad review anywhere. 

I’m happy with the results so far but I wish I had found this forum beforehand, as I likely would have gone to one of the recommended doctors on here. 

Results are all that matter and yours look good. Looking forward to learning the name of the clinic/doctor when ready :)

• Thanks 1

I think these are great results and they'll only get better over the coming months!  Thank your lucky stars that you are in this position without doing research going into it. 😎

• Thanks 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

Really excited to see this pan out, looks like it's gonna be a home run. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, EvoXOhio said:

I’ve had a few people ask to see my FUT scar, so here’s a pic. It’s so thin it was actually hard to get the hair pulled up right so I could take a picture. The scar is like this from ear to ear. 

B1F03F3C-A7B6-4095-B156-604AE4168657.jpeg

That’s about as good a FUT scar as you will ever see ! Literally pencil like thin 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow will be 7 months so snapped some new pictures today. I don’t see much thickening or maturing in my hairline, so this may be close to my final results. I hope it does thicken and fill in a bit more, but even if it doesn’t I am very pleased with how it looks now. Attached pictures are my hairline under direct harsh lighting. 

crown coverage continues to get better, but it’s hard to say if it’s from new growth/thickening or just my hair getting longer, or a combination of both. I buzzed my hair in October and haven’t cut the top since, so it continues to grow about 3/4 of an inch to an inch a month (my hair grows fast). Overall my crown looks pretty good in normal lighting as in the pictures attached, but if I deliberately expose it to extreme harsh lighting I still see a lot of scalp (didnt add pictures of this).  I know I still have 5-11 more months of growth and thickening so here’s hoping it improves further. 

65C7982D-D03B-45BB-91C1-AF3D4394C26E.jpeg

BF490799-0DBF-49DB-BCEE-C548B69FC16F.jpeg

5E9970A2-10DF-485A-8FB8-BF3E80EFC9AB.jpeg

1B8B087B-FD92-45C5-B30A-2B97D3D1C5AF.jpeg

9720A4DF-26A7-4457-A423-D041BD3AE514.jpeg

1150263E-991C-400F-91CF-58362DB83425.jpeg

Edited by EvoXOhio

Just now, Newyear newhair said:

Just looked through your whole thread.... progressing well

todays pictures are impressive.. amazing difference from day one

Thanks! Yeah, I have to constantly remind myself where I started whenever I feel that my results aren’t yet 100% of what I wanted. It’s a huge improvement already. 

58 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

So much more time for this to improve even more. Right now I think it looks pretty amazing for the 7 month point. Will continue to grow and mature !  👏

Thanks! Yeah this is the first time in about 6 years or so that I don’t feel self conscious about my hair loss. It’s an amazing feeling. I’m almost 42, and now I have almost the same head of hair I had at age 32, which is when I started really noticing hair loss in the hairline and crown. 

Edited by EvoXOhio

18 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Thanks! Yeah this is the first time in about 6 years or so that I don’t feel self conscious about my hair loss. It’s an amazing feeling. I’m almost 42, and now I have almost the same head of hair I had at age 32, which is when I started really noticing hair loss in the hairline and crown. 

You must have people commenting ? Like have you got a time machine, that kind of thing....

12 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

You must have people commenting ? Like have you got a time machine, that kind of thing....

Not really, but only because I’ve been working from home and haven’t seen my friends or coworkers or family (other than kids and fiancé) since Covid started a year ago. I literally only leave the house to go to the grocery store, get my kids, or get food (and of course for my surgery). I’ve only posted maybe one picture on Facebook, and it was around month 4 or 5 so the changes weren’t drastic enough for anyone to notice yet. 

I suspect that if life ever returns to normal and I go back to the office, people will notice. We do a ton of zoom and Webex calls now, but I never have my webcam on. So nobody has really seen me. And my kids are young so I don’t think it’s something they’d notice. I wore a hat every day during the ugly duckling phase so they wouldn’t know I had surgery. 

Edited by EvoXOhio

14 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Not really, but only because I’ve been working from home and haven’t seen my friends or coworkers or family (other than kids and fiancé) since Covid started a year ago. I literally only leave the house to go to the grocery store, get my kids, or get food (and of course for my surgery). I’ve only posted maybe one picture on Facebook, and it was around month 4 or 5 so the changes weren’t drastic enough for anyone to notice yet. 

I suspect that if life ever returns to normal and I go back to the office, people will notice. We do a ton of zoom and Webex calls now, but I never have my webcam on. So nobody has really seen me. And my kids are young so I don’t think it’s something they’d notice. I wore a hat every day during the ugly duckling phase so they wouldn’t know I had surgery. 

This is going to be a nice surprise for all these people ! 🤩 

• Thanks 1

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

This is going to be a nice surprise for all these people ! 🤩 

I hope so! But it may not be super noticeable to them, because I didn’t really lower my hairline much. I just thickened up and fixed the shape of what I had and brought it down a spec, and also maintained the age appropriate receding shape of the hairline. So the change in person isn’t as drastic as most people on here. A lot of people on here have dramatic noticeable results because their hairline was super receded and in some cases gone. I’m also not sure if people are going to remember what my hair looked like before. People like us are obsessed with hair and notice everyone’s hair, but I think the average joe doesn’t pay much attention. 

in some ways I kind of hope people don’t notice it, because I haven’t really decided if I’m going to tell people I’ve had a hair transplant. I don’t care if they find out but I’m not going to advertise it. Only my fiancé and best friend know I’ve had one, other than the people on here. 

Here’s a couple pictures from a few months before my surgery. As you can see, my hairline isn’t a dramatic change compared to most on here. Yes it’s obviously way better, but for someone who hasn’t seen me in a year they may not notice. 

525373FE-48A2-4E72-BAE9-CE5F919FA835.jpeg

8CAE8C53-987C-4125-953D-60C0F49A361D.jpeg