1800 grafts FUE with Dr. Kyriakos Maras - HDC

UnbaldEagle

9 minutes ago, johnfish123 said:

Afraid not. I have also had a hair transplant at HDC that is failing. It was transplanted only 3 years ago and all the hairs are now dying off leaving a terrible appearance on my hairline that I can't hide. I'm back to wearing hats, apart from at work where I can't and It's hell. Everyones eyes always flicking up to the hairline, makes me feel pathetic and ashamed. It's horrific. I am trying to work it out with them but if it that doesn't succeed I will be doing full threads as well as a website outlining the full failure of the transplant and HDC.

Be interesting to see your updated pics, I remember thinking it was really good when it was the first 12 months. Sorry to hear it’s looking worse. 😕

Edited by JohnAC71

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Be interesting to see your updated pics, I remember thinking it was really good when in the first 12 months. Sorry to hear it’s looking worse. 😕

It was great for the first 3 years and now is failing rapidly(not just my opinion, seen several surgeons about a repair who have confirmed, don't wait to say too much at the moment) I want to give HDC every chance before I do a full thread etc but I have a full folder of pics and vids to share and will be happy to chat, answer anyones questions about my experience who is considering a transplant with them

• Like 1

@johnfish123Sorry I'm direct, but this might seem like some kind of threat: if they help you, you don't shame them, if they refuse to help you instead (I guess you request another transplant completely at their expense or a refund) then you post photos of the transplant that after three years it is failing.  I believe that if the transplant fails as you say, after three years, it could be that it is not all the fault of the clinic, maybe there is something else wrong, like the fact that you do not take or have stopped taking drugs like finasteride. or some problem with the scalp.  If I were in your place, I would still open your thread on HRN, here some doctors and veteran members could also advise you.

Yeah, I think you should open a thread regardless just to get the opinions of others here who can maybe advise with a fresh pair of eyes on what the likely cause is - an obvious thinning of the transplanted hair, further loss of native hair, a combination of both etc.

Doing so will also give you some perspective on how bad things are, maybe it isn't as bad as it seems to you, maybe it is, I don't know. But either way, I don't think doing so will be you doing a disservice to HDC in any way as long as you post it from a neutral standpoint with the intention of feedback and thoughts of users here; I don't see anything wrong with it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnfish123 said:

Afraid not. I have also had a hair transplant at HDC that is failing. It was transplanted only 3 years ago and all the hairs are now dying off leaving a terrible appearance on my hairline that I can't hide. I'm back to wearing hats, apart from at work where I can't and It's hell. Everyones eyes always flicking up to the hairline, makes me feel pathetic and ashamed. It's horrific. I am trying to work it out with them but if it that doesn't succeed I will be doing full threads as well as a website outlining the full failure of the transplant and HDC.

I'm sorry to hear this, but if the grafts grew initially I'm not sure how your case is the fault of the clinic. There isn't a surgeon in the world who can guarantee transplanted hair won't be subject to miniaturization, especially if you're not taking medication.

A case with subpar growth could be attributed to errors made by the clinic, but if you had the desire growth and began losing hair years later, that isn't something they have any control over.

The OP's case is a completely different scenario in that he had poor growth as well as some kind of dermatologic reaction which may or may not be related to the clinic's surgical approach. In his case it is worth discussing that possibility with the doctor.

Edited by Mycroft
  • Like 4

Regarding @johnfish123, I want to elaborate that his surgery was in July 2017 and it is now 4 years and 2 months, this is the link to his post and result 6 months after: https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/50490-dr-kyriakos-maras-of-hdc-in-cyprus-6-months/

Edited by Doron Harati
6 months result
  • Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, johnfish123 said:

It was great for the first 3 years and now is failing rapidly(not just my opinion, seen several surgeons about a repair who have confirmed, don't wait to say too much at the moment) I want to give HDC every chance before I do a full thread etc but I have a full folder of pics and vids to share and will be happy to chat, answer anyones questions about my experience who is considering a transplant with them

Please create your own thread and update us with pictures. This thread is for @UnbaldEagle thank you. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

This silence makes me suspicious @Giuseppe-HDC , @Doron Harati Could you update us how she ended up with @UnbaldEagle?  I don't want to, but it makes me think of a behind-the-scenes agreement between patient and clinic, like “don't write on the forum anymore that you are not satisfied and we will help you”, but no, isn't that so. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Egy said:

This silence makes me suspicious @Giuseppe-HDC , @Doron Harati Could you update us how she ended up with @UnbaldEagle?  I don't want to, but it makes me think of a behind-the-scenes agreement between patient and clinic, like “don't write on the forum anymore that you are not satisfied and we will help you”, but no, isn't that so. 

If there's an agreement between the clinic and the patient, about stop sharing his bad experience with HDC on forum in order to help him, then it's really bad for HDC to try to hide their bad reviews on a forum. People should share their results either they are succesful or not. So forum members learn the truth about each clinic...and dont see only the succesful results.

Edited by AZ67
  • Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Egy said:

Egy, the clinic is not trying to silence the patient in any way. HDC is not that kind of clinic, in fact, Doron has sent me proof that he has tried to help this patient. He may be going through a difficult time and may not want to post yet. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, AZ67 said:

If there's an agreement between the clinic and the patient, about stop sharing his bad experience with HDC on forum in order to help him, then it's really bad for HDC to try to hide their bad reviews on a forum. People should share their results either they are succesful or not. So forum members learn the truth about each clinic...and dont see only the succesful results.

If this were the case, this thread wouldn't exist. Stop spreading false rumors. 

• Like 1

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Egy, the clinic is not trying to silence the patient in any way. HDC is not that kind of clinic, in fact, Doron has sent me proof that he has tried to help this patient. He may be going through a difficult time and may not want to post yet. 

ok, but @Doron Harati could have simply answered as he answered you privately, and that is that for the moment the patient does not want to update his thread, thus he would have eliminated any doubt about the ethics that distinguishes the HDC clinic, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Could it be that you have autoimmune disease? I read review of a guy that went to a top surgeon and his hair transplant failed. Through a biopsy he finally found out that he had autoimmune disease (which he never knew of) and that was the reason why his transplant failed. 

• Like 1

The problem with @UnbaldEagle is that not only his transplanted hair did not grow at all, but his native hair all lost after the procedure (maybe they were damaged during the opening of channels or because of shock loss).

When a surgeon try to insert grafts between existing native hair he needs to be very careful and experienced in such cases, otherwise native hair will be damaged and also there will be poor growth on the transplanted hair like happened on this case. 

This is maybe one of the worst results i have seen from HDC...

I hope @UnbaldEagle will find a good doctor to repair his bad result...

Edited by AZ67
  • Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, AZ67 said:

The problem with @UnbaldEagle is that not only his transplanted hair did not grow at all, but his native hair all lost after the procedure (maybe they were damaged during the opening of channels or because of shock loss).

When a surgeon try to insert grafts between existing native hair he needs to be very careful and experienced in such cases, otherwise native hair will be damaged and also there will be poor growth on the transplanted hair like happened on this case. 

This is maybe one of the worst results i have seen from HDC...

I hope @UnbaldEagle will find a good doctor to repair his bad result...

It could be an autoimmune disease, again let’s not jump to conclusions. 

View my thread

As was mentioned before on this thread, I tried 2 times to connect the paitent on video Skype and he didn't answer as in the mails he said he's expecting for my Skype call.

The last post that the patient put a photo was on the 5.5 month spot. We are now trying to regain contact with the patient so that we can see the final result and if there is a problem to establish how we can help him.

• Like 3

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

His last post with pictures was on 5.5 month spot where he did not have any growth of transplanted hair.

But he also did a post on 8th month (without pictures) saying that his result has not changed from month 5.5 and still no growth of transplanted hair + shock loss of his native hair. 

Edited by AZ67
  • Like 1

Guys, 

Thank you all for your comments and concern. The reason I no longer post any updates is quite simply because I have nothing new to report. I don't think I can contribute to this forum anymore, after all we're all here to beat this curse called hair loss and I have no idea how my own misfortune could be of any use to anyone. If you look at my earlier posts, I was upbeat and encouraging and an ardent believer in reversing hair loss by all means, including treatment. All I'm using now is finasteride, I've dropped dutasteride and spironolactone and oral minoxidil recently as my frontal third is just a wreck and I doubt I could regain anything with drugs. 

I also do not wish to become a pity case. Once again I kindly ask @Melvin- Moderator to delete all pictures that identify me as a person. If you feel it's for the best, you can delete this whole thread altogether. 

@Doron Harati, thank you for your input. Yes, you did get in touch with me recently so for those asking, it's not like HDC has ditched me or anything like that. @Egy and @AZ67, in all fairness the clinic was not trying to silence me in any way, there is no behind-the-scenes agreement between us either. Doron, as I mentioned last time, I'll send you pictures at the 12 month mark. It's rather pointless before that, I want no "it could still improve" remarks. It is generally accepted full results can be evaluated at the year mark. Btw, congrats on your new surgery and I wish you good growth. 

As for some of your suggestions:

1. Scalp biopsy. 

It wouldn't be of any help. The purpose of a biopsy is to determine if one has some sort of indolent infection, demodex mites or some other underlying conditions, such as scarring alopecia, i.e. lichen planopilaris or folliculitis. I had neither, determined by multiple dermatologists. I've also followed a good course of doxycycline and ivermectin to fight any infection and I was tested for demodex mites. There's nothing a competent dermatologist can't diagnose without a biopsy if they'll look into all the aforesaid reasons. Also a biopsy leaves a scar which is something I really don't need on top of my existing scarring issues. 

2. A trichologist instead of a dermatologist

I appreciate this suggestion but I really don't know what to make of it. Trichologists are NOT MDs and I'm not sure about other parts of the world, but in the UK and the US they are not allowed to diagnose your condition and can only prescribe you topical treatments. Trichology is paramedical, a dermatologist on the other hand is someone who studied 6 years of medical school and a few extra years to specialize in dermatology. They're really not in the same league. It's like saying you can go to any HT "surgeon" who is not an MD but has adequate training and experience. 

I've seen 5 dermatologists already and I studied pharmacy myself so I know a thing or two about biology, I think I covered all the other aspects that could have interfered with my HT. To this day, I don't know what went wrong with my surgery. 

@Egy, I read your thread and I'm truly sorry you're suffering too. My heart goes out to you. I hope one day we'll figure out how to fix our problem. 

Edited by UnbaldEagle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Administrators

@UnbaldEagle you want me to remove all your pictures?

View my thread

On 9/5/2021 at 8:59 PM, johnfish123 said:

I'm sorry to hear the hairs are thinning rapidly. Do you have any itching/tenderness/crawling sensations on the scalp? 

On 11/5/2021 at 10:42 PM, UnbaldEagle said:

Guys, 

Thank you all for your comments and concern. The reason I no longer post any updates is quite simply because I have nothing new to report. I don't think I can contribute to this forum anymore, after all we're all here to beat this curse called hair loss and I have no idea how my own misfortune could be of any use to anyone. If you look at my earlier posts, I was upbeat and encouraging and an ardent believer in reversing hair loss by all means, including treatment. All I'm using now is finasteride, I've dropped dutasteride and spironolactone and oral minoxidil recently as my frontal third is just a wreck and I doubt I could regain anything with drugs. 

I also do not wish to become a pity case. Once again I kindly ask @Melvin- Moderator to delete all pictures that identify me as a person. If you feel it's for the best, you can delete this whole thread altogether. 

@Doron Harati, thank you for your input. Yes, you did get in touch with me recently so for those asking, it's not like HDC has ditched me or anything like that. @Egy and @AZ67, in all fairness the clinic was not trying to silence me in any way, there is no behind-the-scenes agreement between us either. Doron, as I mentioned last time, I'll send you pictures at the 12 month mark. It's rather pointless before that, I want no "it could still improve" remarks. It is generally accepted full results can be evaluated at the year mark. Btw, congrats on your new surgery and I wish you good growth. 

As for some of your suggestions:

1. Scalp biopsy. 

It wouldn't be of any help. The purpose of a biopsy is to determine if one has some sort of indolent infection, demodex mites or some other underlying conditions, such as scarring alopecia, i.e. lichen planopilaris or folliculitis. I had neither, determined by multiple dermatologists. I've also followed a good course of doxycycline and ivermectin to fight any infection and I was tested for demodex mites. There's nothing a competent dermatologist can't diagnose without a biopsy if they'll look into all the aforesaid reasons. Also a biopsy leaves a scar which is something I really don't need on top of my existing scarring issues. 

2. A trichologist instead of a dermatologist

I appreciate this suggestion but I really don't know what to make of it. Trichologists are NOT MDs and I'm not sure about other parts of the world, but in the UK and the US they are not allowed to diagnose your condition and can only prescribe you topical treatments. Trichology is paramedical, a dermatologist on the other hand is someone who studied 6 years of medical school and a few extra years to specialize in dermatology. They're really not in the same league. It's like saying you can go to any HT "surgeon" who is not an MD but has adequate training and experience. 

I've seen 5 dermatologists already and I studied pharmacy myself so I know a thing or two about biology, I think I covered all the other aspects that could have interfered with my HT. To this day, I don't know what went wrong with my surgery. 

@Egy, I read your thread and I'm truly sorry you're suffering too. My heart goes out to you. I hope one day we'll figure out how to fix our problem. 

Sorry to see how things turned out for you with this one, but I do think it would be prudent to go and visit a number of reputable dermatologists and maybe get a biopsy regardless of whether or not things have been ruled out in the past.

Many theories of what trigger autoimmune diseases in general revolve around some sort of initial trauma through tissue damage or infection, which obviously fit the bill for the aftermath of a HT. Maybe the trauma and damage to the scalp triggered some sort of immune response that has brought out a form of scarring alopecia that wasn't apparent in previous examinations because it simply wasn't present at that point. 

Who knows, this is completely speculative of course, there's a good chance that you may very well be right and nothing new will show up, but I think it's worth investigating and not losing all hope. Also maybe speak to some other top names in the business, show them photos, maybe try and get a consult when they're in the UK and ask what they think happened and if you're viable for another go at things. 

All the best mate, I understand you must feel very defeated, but I and I think many others here would be rooting for you to not give in and do what you can to keep moving forwards to achieve your goals.