1800 grafts FUE with Dr. Kyriakos Maras - HDC

UnbaldEagle

Hi Unbald Eagle, 

sorry to hear your result didn’t turn out how expected. Could you please upload a couple of pictures? I remember when I was doing my research in choosing clinics I never came across a bad result at HDC so to have two negative results that were done on the same day is a first.

That being said, You still should have gotten the result you wanted. I know the clinic tries to keep close contact with patients and if there’s a problem they do try to resolve it to make the patient happy.  Hope this gets resolved for you. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Helios said:

Hi Unbald Eagle, 

sorry to hear your result didn’t turn out how expected. Could you please upload a couple of pictures? I remember when I was doing my research in choosing clinics I never came across a bad result at HDC so to have two negative results that were done on the same day is a first.

That being said, You still should have gotten the result you wanted. I know the clinic tries to keep close contact with patients and if there’s a problem they do try to resolve it to make the patient happy.  Hope this gets resolved for you. 

The 2 procedures were actually a few days apart. But this is still obviously not great to read. HDC have shown really good results, and are very capable. I really feel for both guys. All of their concerns are very valid. 😕

Edited by JohnAC71

3 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

The 2 procedures were actually a few days apart. But this is still obviously not great to read. HDC have shown really good results, and are very capable. I really feel for both guys. All of their concerns are very valid. 😕

Thank you for clarifying the dates were a few days separate. yes of course. They should get the results they were hoping for. Unfortunately no surgeon has a 100% success rate. I’ve seen complaints again top surgeons like Rahal, hasson and Wong Etc and the list goes on.

The reason for that is because it’s still a surgery and there are never guarantees with any surgery unfortunately. However, I do believe the clinic will do right by them and assist them. I’m hoping unbald eagle will upload a picture or two. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Helios said:

Thank you for clarifying the dates were a few days separate. yes of course. They should get the results they were hoping for. Unfortunately no surgeon has a 100% success rate. I’ve seen complaints again top surgeons like Rahal, hasson and Wong Etc and the list goes on.

The reason for that is because it’s still a surgery and there are never guarantees with any surgery unfortunately. However, I do believe the clinic will do right by them and assist them. I’m hoping unbald eagle will upload a picture or two. 

Hi @Helios, I agree no surgeon has a 100% success rate, would it be wise to avoid clinics that make such claims? 😉

1138404271_100PercentSuccess.thumb.JPG.b230d3f28f4a4240cb7b53c6f2430c15.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, WonkyHair said:

Hi @Helios, I agree no surgeon has a 100% success rate, would it be wise to avoid clinics that make such claims? 😉

1138404271_100PercentSuccess.thumb.JPG.b230d3f28f4a4240cb7b53c6f2430c15.JPG

Hi wonkyair,

To be honest I’m not sure who posted that but I will say yours and unbald eagle’s are the first unsuccessful result I’ve ever seen from HDC, and I researched the internet for months when I was choosing a clinic

My advice would be to stay in contact with the clinic and see what they offer you. They do actually care about the patients, at least that’s been my experience. 

3 minutes ago, Helios said:

Hi wonkyair,

To be honest I’m not sure who posted that but I will say yours and unbald eagle’s are the first unsuccessful result I’ve ever seen from HDC, and I researched the internet for months when I was choosing a clinic

My advice would be to stay in contact with the clinic and see what they offer you. They do actually care about the patients, at least that’s been my experience. 

Hi @Helios, only just realized you were an HDC patient. I'm glad things have worked out well for you 🙂
I also thought I'd done my research before going to HDC (I even read the Spanish and Greek forums).

I had my concerns about the "wonkyness" of my HT even when I was still at the clinic (which was put down to swelling). As the swelling down it was obvious to myself and my friends/family that there was an issue, to be honest it's been all downhill from there. Unfortunately, in my opinion, there's just too many issues with my HT for me to trust HDC with a repair. I'll be seeking an independent opinion from other clinics on the best option for me. 

The reference is for 100% successful results and not 100% satisfaction of the paitent, we have articles on our website for a hair transplant procedure and REPAIR hair transplant procedure which UnbaledEagle had, repair procedure is a different protocol.

Natural hair have the density of 50-65 hairs per 1 square centimeter average, for today's technology good hair transplant result have 40-55 hairs per 1sq centimeter average, however the covering result also depends on the type of hair, some paitents have very thin hair less than average while another paitent have thick hair that will make better covering density.

I myself posted on the forum a thread about cobblestone, there is certain level what can be considered as cobblestone.

Therefore we care for our paitents concerns and we want everyone to be happy with good experience, to do so we need to have video meetings or personal meetings so our clinic can review this precisely, photos can show different looks and appearances, even bad awful results for NW6 paitents can look great in certain angles and conditions, our doctors (and any doctor) can't make precise review by only photos for these complaints, as I said before I am welcoming both paitents Wonkyhair and UnbaledEagle to have a video meeting with me and with their premissions to record the video meeting to show this to Dr.Maras for reviewing or I can schedule them video meetings with the clinic.

Even though the clinic right now on recess vacation till the 21th of August, I am still available for every paitent, until yesterday I never had contact with Wonkyhair but I'll be glad to assist.

I am always available 24/7 for every paitent, including weekends and holidays, I also answer on my WhatsApp after the clinic is closed even after midnight, I myself was botched and almost died in a clinic in Turkey and the representatives only bullying me till this day, so I always understand and sympathize with every paitent, I truly believe in Dr.Maras work and high moral ethics, on next October Dr.Maras will repair my crown (which was also a failure in the clinic in Turkey).

I encourage both paitents to let us both resolve this with the clinic, I tried few times before to contact UnbaledEagle for Video meeting and I still offer to do so, both paitents are always welcome.

• Like 3

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

+1 

While your 5 month pics were not promising, I think it is worth to share current pics. Maybe it looks better than you think.

Wish you all the best! We all feel with you. 

^this until we see updated pictures all we can do is speculate. As for Wonkyhair, you’re obviously upset and that is understandable. That said, we don’t know unbald eagles circumstances until he shares his pictures with us, let’s not jump to conclusions until we have the facts. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, Helios said:

Hi Unbald Eagle, 

Hi @Helios,

I can see it was clarified we had our procedures on separate days. 

When I did my research of HDC I too could only see good results. That, and because they're recommended here is why I choose them. Of course, back then - apart from 2-3 patient journeys dating back to 2017 or so - they were almost all posted by the clinic. I'm not saying these results are not genuine, on the contrary, I'm just calling them what they are: clinic posted results. There's a difference in cherry picking the most successful HTs final results (out of several hundred a clinic does per year) as opposed to seeing actual patient journeys who post from day 1, not knowing how their own final results will turn out. Now there's a recent surge of patient reviews and I can only hope those guys achieve the result they desire. But me and @WonkyHair unfortunately didn't. That's all to it.

@Parasol, @WonkyHair, @Gasthoerer, @Legend007, thank you for your words of compassion, guys. With all due respect though I will not post any more pictures. It takes a great deal to muster the courage to look into the mirror these days, let alone take a picture. I hope you understand.

In fact I kindly ask @Melvin- Moderator to remove previous pictures too, at least the ones where my face is visible. @WonkyHair already recognized me (that's fine though) and I fear somebody else might too. I can assure you my suffering and shame is genuine so I no longer wish to be associated with something that progressed from an ordeal to a true living nightmare. If that's not possible you can delete this whole thread altogether. 

@Doron Harati, you keep saying that you "tried" contacting me several times and I feel I have to correct you on that. There's been a grand total of 1 "attempt", to which I responded with a delay of 2 days. I really hope I don't have to screenshot and post our private conversations here. You contacted me to do the Skype video call, I gave you my Skype address and then you told me Israel is under heavy attack and you have to stay in your basements and "let's see how it goes". I responded and told you to stay safe and there was no subsequent follow-up, it's only now, 3 months later your brought up this again. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted this to you being unavailable. I must ask however, what is the purpose of this video call? What is HDC's resolution to failed transplants? I'm really curious. I will say however that I'm not going back to a repair procedure. 

• Like 4

@UnbaldEagle we all feel with you! Waiting for a result is the worst part of the HT and when you realize that you goals are not met: devastating. It is easy to preach patience (which I always do myself) as long as you are not involved yourself with you own and only head (almost got crazy myself when the results came delayed in the 2nd procedure).

Of course, I also understand that you do not want to share your story anymore publicly. I only shared mine after (!) the results were already visible to avoid the "public pressure". But please visit some other HT surgeons, especially some who are also dermatologist (I remember a discussion about this in the past, but could not find the list of surgeons) to have a chance to find out was caused your issues. Maybe there is a chance to regrow some of the natives and achieve your goals with a final procedure when the issues are solved.

Wish you all the best whatever route you go. 

Edited by Gasthoerer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Hi @Helios,

I can see it was clarified we had our procedures on separate days. 

When I did my research of HDC I too could only see good results. That, and because they're recommended here is why I choose them. Of course, back then - apart from 2-3 patient journeys dating back to 2017 or so - they were almost all posted by the clinic. I'm not saying these results are not genuine, on the contrary, I'm just calling them what they are: clinic posted results. There's a difference in cherry picking the most successful HTs final results (out of several hundred a clinic does per year) as opposed to seeing actual patient journeys who post from day 1, not knowing how their own final results will turn out. Now there's a recent surge of patient reviews and I can only hope those guys achieve the result they desire. But me and @WonkyHair unfortunately didn't. That's all to it.

@Parasol, @WonkyHair, @Gasthoerer, @Legend007, thank you for your words of compassion, guys. With all due respect though I will not post any more pictures. It takes a great deal to muster the courage to look into the mirror these days, let alone take a picture. I hope you understand.

In fact I kindly ask @Melvin- Moderator to remove previous pictures too, at least the ones where my face is visible. @WonkyHair already recognized me (that's fine though) and I fear somebody else might too. I can assure you my suffering and shame is genuine so I no longer wish to be associated with something that progressed from an ordeal to a true living nightmare. If that's not possible you can delete this whole thread altogether. 

@Doron Harati, you keep saying that you "tried" contacting me several times and I feel I have to correct you on that. There's been a grand total of 1 "attempt", to which I responded with a delay of 2 days. I really hope I don't have to screenshot and post our private conversations here. You contacted me to do the Skype video call, I gave you my Skype address and then you told me Israel is under heavy attack and you have to stay in your basements and "let's see how it goes". I responded and told you to stay safe and there was no subsequent follow-up, it's only now, 3 months later your brought up this again. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted this to you being unavailable. I must ask however, what is the purpose of this video call? What is HDC's resolution to failed transplants? I'm really curious. I will say however that I'm not going back to a repair procedure. 

Thank you for your response  Unbald eagle. Personally from my own experience, when I was researching hair clinics I largely avoided results posted By the clinics themselves and relied on posts by people posted on other hair loss forums. When it came to HDC, the overwhelming experiences people had from there were positive. I also knew dermatologists who supported the fact they did good work. As you mentioned they are also supported by this forum. 

in any case, the main point is that you didn’t get the result you were hoping for, so obviously this needs to be fixed. While I take your word and believe you 100% That you didn’t get the result you wanted, without pictures people will automatically have to take what you say with a grain of salt. We also have to consider wonkey hairline is also not at the year mark to fully analyse the result. Again I will stress I believe both of you but i am pointing some small things out. 

We don’t know the reason Why your hair transplant failed. It could be fault of the surgeon, it could also be due to the individuals own response. It’s still a surgery after all. But this is how it is with most clinics. Those who get good results will praise the clinic endlessly and those who don’t get good results will equally blame the clinic, sometimes justifiably and sometimes not. 

I would strongly consider you discuss this with HDC and see What they say. Either case I believe you and I am sorry you didn’t get the result you should have gotten. That is why I want this to get fixed for you one way or another. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As I wrote earlier.. Best reviewing will be through video meeting or personal meeting and not by pictures (as I explained above), you had a repair procedure protocol at HDC since you were unhappy with the result from the previous clinic you went before.

After the meeting the clinic will decide what to do.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Unbald Eagle,

An additional point on the side. If you had a previous fue with another clinic that didn’t give you the results you wanted, and then on top of that the second fue with HDC didn’t produce results, then it might be a good idea to see if something else is going on before you go for a third surgery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

As I wrote earlier.. Best reviewing will be through video meeting or personal meeting and not by pictures (as I explained above), you had a repair procedure protocol at HDC since you were unhappy with the result from the previous clinic you went before.

After the meeting the clinic will decide what to do.

Let's not lose track of the fact that I had a first procedure addressing my temple regions only, from which I had fairly good growth except for my right temple region which was somewhat patchy (although when I first sent photos to HDC they were hesitant to take me on as they didn't think I had a real problem) VERSUS a procedure that addressed my whole frontal third, shocking out my existing hair and yielding me no growth. Sadly I was greedy, but I could have lived with that first procedure vs. finding a hard time to cope with a procedure that has completely ruined my life. I think THIS is what truly calls for a repair procedure. 

I'm not sure if you can appreciate the difference. 

I'm still 4 months shy of the "final result", so I will wait until the year mark and contact the clinic then to have a video call for a full evaluation. 

@Helios and @Gasthoerer, thank you for your advice guys. 

I will contact other surgeons too, and least so that I can have an understanding of future options, of any. I'd probably need about 3K grafts to attain acceptable density, but the real concern is whether it's worth pursuing a repair under the circumstance that I now have significant amount of scar tissue built up, so blood circulation is somewhat compromised already. And I fear of making things even worse. But of course I won't know that unless I do contact ethical surgeons in the future. Thanks, guys.

Edited by UnbaldEagle

• Administrators

@UnbaldEagle

While it’s understandable to feel disillusioned. Giving up will get you nowhere. Now you mentioned wanting to remove your pictures. I can remove ones that identify you as a person. But having this thread up would make no sense without images. 

Also, we do not like to delete threads for the following reason. One, we want to make sure there’s a resolution. Perhaps a meeting with the doctor, to figure out what may have occurred. There could be an underlying condition that caused poor growth like scarring alopecia. Dr. Maras is a great doctor, but even the best have cases of poor growth and believe me, even a surgeon you contact for a repair has cases of poor growth.

The second reason we don’t like to remove threads is because, we don’t want to hash this all again. Let’s say you change your mind in 5 years, you then re-open a thread and post a negative review without ever allowing the surgeon an opportunity to correct it. That wouldn’t be fair. So, it’s best to leave the thread open, and post pictures of your hair. No one could recognize a scalp trust me. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Due to respect UnbaledEagle privacy we prefer not to share his info therefore I offered video meetings, we do have documentation of Dr.Maras operation and post 67 days result with more growth compare that weren't post in this forum , however I do want to check the possibility of scarring alopecia and such as, we'll do our best to resolve this.

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1

@Melvin- Moderatoris right, sometimes unfortunately, someone undergoes a transplant without knowing that his scalp is affected by some disease, which without a thorough analysis by a specialist, is not evident, and not even the surgeon who operates it. can notice.  In this photo, for example, of the 5 months or 5 months and a half, that redness could indicate some problem with your scalp. @UnbaldEagle  I would recommend that you make a thorough visit to a dermatologist who specializes in trichology, before doing anything else.

B86D146C-5CF6-4AF1-B418-497BE81C392A.jpeg

• Like 1

@Egy, what you say can be a small possibility but photos with different lighting shows different views. For example this photo posted on the 5.5 month after, shows that there is no redness.

So unless we have the real development of the result I recommend not to give possible misleading advice to the patient.

Screenshot_20210820-145757_WhatsApp.jpg

I consider proper for the members of this forum to present the case of UnbaldEagle to its objective view.
If UnbaldEagle does not wish to continue this thread, then I respect his decision and the administrator can delete the thread. 
Furthermore, I have been in touch with the clinic, and they promise that they will provide their full support to UnbaldEagle like they do to all patients and invite him to the clinic to evaluate his result and fix whatever is needed.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

@Egy, what you say can be a small possibility but photos with different lighting shows different views. For example this photo posted on the 5.5 month after, shows that there is no redness.

So unless we have the real development of the result I recommend not to give possible misleading advice to the patient.

@Doron Harati, Is advising @UnbaldEagle to make a more thorough examination of your scalp to eliminate any doubts is it misleading advice?  Not for me, on the contrary, it is something more to understand why his transplant did not have the result he wanted.

Edited by Egy

25 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

Furthermore, I have been in touch with the clinic, and they promise that they will provide their full support to UnbaldEagle like they do to all patients and invite him to the clinic to evaluate his result and fix whatever is needed.

I've always been sure of that.

6 minutes ago, Egy said:

@Doron Harati, Is advising @UnbaldEagle to make a more thorough examination of your scalp to eliminate any doubts is it misleading advice?  Not for me, on the contrary, it is something more to understand why his transplant did not have the result he wanted.

@Egyto have only examination by an MD dermatologist is ok, however some trichologists are non certified MD who also offer treatments, I want to make sure that any paitent won't do any treatment unless it was recommended or suggested by the clinic.

The clinic also suggested few months ago not to do the laser treatment that was discussed on this thread for example.

29 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

@Egyto have only examination by an MD dermatologist is ok, however some trichologists are non certified MD who also offer treatments, I want to make sure that any paitent won't do any treatment unless it was recommended or suggested by the clinic.

The clinic also suggested few months ago not to do the laser treatment that was discussed on this thread for example.

@Doron Harati, I did not intend any treatment, but only a more thorough examination of the scalp (biopsy would be the most indicated) and by a trichologist (not dermatologist), to exclude any disease, once the result is obtained, discuss it with the clinic, I repeat, without do any treatment before discussing it with the clinic.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 12:01 PM, Helios said:

Hi wonkyair,

Afraid not. I have also had a hair transplant at HDC that is failing. It was transplanted only 3 years ago and all the hairs are now dying off leaving a terrible appearance on my hairline that I can't hide. I'm back to wearing hats, apart from at work where I can't and It's hell. Everyones eyes always flicking up to the hairline, makes me feel pathetic and ashamed. It's horrific. I am trying to work it out with them but if it that doesn't succeed I will be doing full threads as well as a website outlining the full failure of the transplant and HDC.

• Sad 2