1800 grafts FUE with Dr. Kyriakos Maras - HDC

UnbaldEagle

Hi guys in 1 hour @Melvin-Moderator will interview me on my Instagram if you wanna watch here ;)

https://www.instagram.com/doronharatihdcconsultant/?hl=en

• Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 4:23 AM, Captain Haddock said:

Damn. Looking really good. Dense work, plus you've already got a great hairstyle. 

Would love to see us both get good results in the next few months :)

Thank you so much, matey. You, me and @Rossybop all had our HTs at pretty much the same time, ± 2-3 days, so it'll be very exciting to see how it turns out for us. 

• Like 2

One month update:

So I've shed almost all transplanted hairs now and I'm experiencing some massive shock loss. I lost a lot of natives but I guess that was expected. I'm just hoping everything will regrow. 

Fun fact: I had a very resilient thick native hair, pretty much the last remnant of my original hairline which was never really incorporated into my current hairline, as we went a few cms higher with the transplant, so it just kind of stuck out a little bit, almost like a lone soldier battling the elements when all the other wimps quit the fight. I named it Harry. It's strange but Harry was "always" in the anagen phase, or at least I don't ever recall its absence. Today I saw Harry was gone. :( R.I.T. (as in rest in tellogen), buddy, I hope you come back. 

2nd pic shows my "bad" temple, the one that was patchy and thin, I think my left side (last pic) looks okayish even now. 

Untitled.jpg

righttemp.JPG

lefttemp.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Harry will be back as Dirty Harry 😎

• Haha 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Wow you got huge density when the surgery was performed! Sorry I have not visited your thread sooner.

i had the same fear during the shedding phase “ITS NOT COMING BACK”

But then like an invading army it came back!

You are in the home stretch now

Awesomeness is coming 

Edited by Usexpat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Usexpat said:

Wow you got huge density when the surgery was performed! Sorry I have not visited your thread sooner.

i had the same fear during the shedding phase “ITS NOT COMING BACK”

But then like an invading army it came back!

You are in the home stretch now

Awesomeness is coming 

Like an invading army, I love that. 😁

Cheers, buddy. I hope I'll follow your path. :)

• Administrators

Everything is looking right on track for one month. Eager to see your progress, happy growing 😎

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Thanks, buddy. :) You're a bit ahead of me. 😁

Did you suffer any shock loss of natives?

Yes, definitely. I have a picture from 8ish months ago when I also shaved my head at the beginning of covid so I have a pretty good comparison and it's a very noticeable difference :( The remaining native hair in the recipient is also thinner, maybe the miniaturization has accelerated? Either way I am trying to not freak out, and am hoping for the best haha

• Like 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

49 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Yes, definitely. I have a picture from 8ish months ago when I also shaved my head at the beginning of covid so I have a pretty good comparison and it's a very noticeable difference :( The remaining native hair in the recipient is also thinner, maybe the miniaturization has accelerated? Either way I am trying to not freak out, and am hoping for the best haha

Damn. I don't see how your remaining hair's miniaturization process would accelerate though. 😕 Shock loss is entirely different, the affected hairs are just shed. 

Anyway, looking at your post ops, the density you got is insane, and given that Konior is a magician with his lateral slit method even with low to moderate density HTs, if everything grows back to you (I pray it does 🙏) you should have a stellar result. ☺️ Looking forward to your next update!

BTW, have you given a topical antiandrogen some more thought?

15 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Damn. I don't see how your remaining hair's miniaturization process would accelerate though. 😕 Shock loss is entirely different, the affected hairs are just shed. 

Anyway, looking at your post ops, the density you got is insane, and given that Konior is a magician with his lateral slit method even with low to moderate density HTs, if everything grows back to you (I pray it does 🙏) you should have a stellar result. ☺️ Looking forward to your next update!

BTW, have you given a topical antiandrogen some more thought?

Yeah if you look at his results, he achieves amazing things with few grafts so I am just putting trust in that. Fingers crossed! 

As for the topical antiandrogen, do you mean topical finasteride or like actual topical anti-androgens like CB/RU? I might try the topical finasteride, but I am not eager as from the little research I did it still reduces the serum DHT. If I knew the sides would reverse like they luckily did the previous time, I would try without thinking but this way I am still debating with myself.

As for CB/RU, I would rather not do RU as people reported heart issues and it has no clinical trials behind it but I am really looking forward to CB, even though it's probably years away :(

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

30 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Could be, I really have no idea how it works, and if that's true then it sucks. I was kinda slowly losing hair for the past 13ish years, it would really suck if it got accelerated all of a sudden.

• Sad 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

On 1/8/2021 at 12:56 PM, UnbaldEagle said:

One month update:

So I've shed almost all transplanted hairs now and I'm experiencing some massive shock loss. I lost a lot of natives but I guess that was expected. I'm just hoping everything will regrow. 

Fun fact: I had a very resilient thick native hair, pretty much the last remnant of my original hairline which was never really incorporated into my current hairline, as we went a few cms higher with the transplant, so it just kind of stuck out a little bit, almost like a lone soldier battling the elements when all the other wimps quit the fight. I named it Harry. It's strange but Harry was "always" in the anagen phase, or at least I don't ever recall its absence. Today I saw Harry was gone. :( R.I.T. (as in rest in tellogen), buddy, I hope you come back. 

2nd pic shows my "bad" temple, the one that was patchy and thin, I think my left side (last pic) looks okayish even now. 

Untitled.jpg

righttemp.JPG

lefttemp.png

Looking at your pics here dude it looks like some of your hairs have grown a lot and others have not grown at all. Would that be right?

15 hours ago, Rossybop said:

Looking at your pics here dude it looks like some of your hairs have grown a lot and others have not grown at all. Would that be right?

Yeah, looks like it. Probably they're the most miniaturized ones. 😕 

Took a photo of my donor today as I completely forgot to check that since surgery and it literally broke me. Looks completely battered. :(

And this is under very favorable lighting, I'm afraid to show the ones under bright lighting. 😭

IMG_4722.JPG

Edited by UnbaldEagle

22 hours ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Thanks, buddy. :) You're a bit ahead of me. 😁

Did you suffer any shock loss of natives?

Shock loss to natives is scary and it happens to a lot more people apparently then mentioned. To most people it's not too bad but others (approximately 5%) experience a lot. This apparently even happens to previously transplanted hair. I searched the forums and found so many examples from other members. I've attached screenshots of a few recent ones. It seems to occur more when hair is transplanted between a lot of existing hair, surgical trauma and anesthesia (epi which is used to control the bleeding). It seems to almost always grow back though from everything I've been told and have read.

There was also a study done on this, you can read about it here. Hopefully this post also helps others going through the same.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5839894/#!po=56.6667

I'm attaching a few things to help calm your nerves cause it's really tough going through it.

Screenshot_20210113-094622.png

Screenshot_20210113-095717.png

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Yeah, looks like it. Probably they're the most miniaturized ones. 😕 

I see. I'm just wondering because I'm experiencing the same thing. I find a lot of my transplanted hair has not grown, much of it has not shed, some of it has grown and some of it has shed. It looks like you're experiencing something similar so perhaps it is nothing to worry about.

I can see your donor area. It will probably look fine when it grows a little. Have you had a HT before?

3 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

I see. I'm just wondering because I'm experiencing the same thing. I find a lot of my transplanted hair has not grown, much of it has not shed, some of it has grown and some of it has shed. It looks like you're experiencing something similar so perhaps it is nothing to worry about.

I can see your donor area. It will probably look fine when it grows a little. Have you had a HT before?

That's not my transplanted hair, I've shed them, some natives are growing slower than others. 

Yeah, I had a smaller procedure of 1200 grafts. I'm not sure if this is how a donor should look like after 3000 grafts in 2 procedures. 

If you haven't shed your transplanted hair, they'll be stunted and will start growing once the others will pop out. Happened to me on my first HT, was a non-shedder then.

I'm more concerned about the donor right now. :(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

That's not my transplanted hair, I've shed them, some natives are growing slower than others. 

Yeah, I had a smaller procedure of 1200 grafts. I'm not sure if this is how a donor should look like after 3000 grafts in 2 procedures. 

If you haven't shed your transplanted hair, they'll be stunted and will start growing once the others will pop out. Happened to me on my first HT, was a non-shedder then.

I'm more concerned about the donor right now. :(

Ahh I see. Ok very interesting. Yeah a lot of my hairs simply haven't shed they're just staying there. Its worried me a bit but if you say its normal then cool.

I see right so you've had a total of 3,000 grafts taken. I wonder is there any possibility you might be experiencing shock loss in the donor area? Both your transplants were done by good reputable practitioners right? If so then your donor shouldn't be too badly depleted after 3,000 grafts.

You should check our Dr Konstantinos Anastasakis' blog where he talks about his own hair transplant experience. He has had 3 transplants; 2 FUE and 1 FUT. He never tells people that FUE leaves no scar, he actually says based on his own experience that patients should be prepared to leave their hair at #2 length or longer after even just one FUE surgery, even if it is performed by a top class surgeon. Of course everybody is different and some people will show less obvious signs of surgery after a transplant, but some people will display very obvious signs in their donor area. Anastasakis says he can't cut his donor hair to less than a #5 (15mm) now that he has had three transplants.