1800 grafts FUE with Dr. Kyriakos Maras - HDC

UnbaldEagle

This thread makes me really sad 😞 Everyone here knows how challenging the HT path is; the research, the procedure, the waiting...a status worse than before is really though to swallow.

However, this thread is also incredible valuable to this community. @Melvin- Moderator the TO want this pics with face removed, maybe there are some which can be kept. A HT is not an easy thing like most clinics wants us to believe...its surgery and surgery can go wrong. At any (!) clinic. 

Honestly, it is really weird what happened here, as it is not only poor growth, but the status being much worse than before. Some pics show the scalp in a bad condition, others not so much. Actually latest pics are from month 5.5 if I am not mistaken...Many people (including myself) have been worse at month 5.5 than before. There is nothing the forum can do without new information (which I understand the TO does not want so share), other than whish the TO the best. 

@UnbaldEagle I wish you all the best, strength and like some other posters have mentioned: Do not give up. Maybe there is a physical condition which can be resolved or even another transplant. I am sure there are ways to improve your situation.  

• Administrators

@UnbaldEagle

I have removed the images that showed your face. Please let me know if there are any other images you want removed. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Sorry to see how things turned out for you with this one, but I do think it would be prudent to go and visit a number of reputable dermatologists and maybe get a biopsy regardless of whether or not things have been ruled out in the past.

Many theories of what trigger autoimmune diseases in general revolve around some sort of initial trauma through tissue damage or infection, which obviously fit the bill for the aftermath of a HT. Maybe the trauma and damage to the scalp triggered some sort of immune response that has brought out a form of scarring alopecia that wasn't apparent in previous examinations because it simply wasn't present at that point. 

Who knows, this is completely speculative of course, there's a good chance that you may very well be right and nothing new will show up, but I think it's worth investigating and not losing all hope. Also maybe speak to some other top names in the business, show them photos, maybe try and get a consult when they're in the UK and ask what they think happened and if you're viable for another go at things. 

All the best mate, I understand you must feel very defeated, but I and I think many others here would be rooting for you to not give in and do what you can to keep moving forwards to achieve your goals.

I agree. I was diagnosed with Cicatricial Alopecia after I did my scalp biopsy then I got a prescription for Hydroxychloroquine and Topical Clobestasol to treat it. Also, I take Turmeric Curcumin and Black Seed supplements for inflammation.

I feel for you OP and hope you keep moving forward.

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline