1800 grafts FUE with Dr. Kyriakos Maras - HDC

UnbaldEagle

17 hours ago, Mycroft said:

What's the status of the shock loss? Have you started seeing any of that coming back yet?

Second procedures can sometimes take a bit longer to grow because the scalp vascularity isn't as pristine as it was on the first round. It's not an absolute rule, but I feel like we see it often.

None of it came back, but I feel like there's a connection. And it makes perfect sense what you wrote, I too think that's the case and there's still hope.

Still early. I’m at 5 half months. And my hair just starting to thicken up a tad. This is my second transplant myself for the front. I have really thick hair so I need it to thicken up lol. But we still early not even half way there yet! Do you mind posting a pic still? I know you said there’s no change at all just in all curiosity to see it at 5 months. Remember this is your thread it will be a good reference for the future when it’s past a year. Ppl can relate to you as well for late bloomers 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 8:56 PM, Cali Time said:

Still early. I’m at 5 half months. And my hair just starting to thicken up a tad. This is my second transplant myself for the front. I have really thick hair so I need it to thicken up lol. But we still early not even half way there yet! Do you mind posting a pic still? I know you said there’s no change at all just in all curiosity to see it at 5 months. Remember this is your thread it will be a good reference for the future when it’s past a year. Ppl can relate to you as well for late bloomers 

I guess you're right, I just took some pics for future reference.

IMG_8176.JPG

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
removed face picture
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, UnbaldEagle said:

None of it came back, but I feel like there's a connection. And it makes perfect sense what you wrote, I too think that's the case and there's still hope.

Relative to the growth cycle of a hair, give months is not actually a huge amount of time, although we obviously want to see results sooner rather than later. Sometimes hairs will hang out in a resting phase for a few months, and then after that it can take a few more months before they break the skin and even become SLIGHTLY visible, much less cosmetically so. 

Your redness also looks like it is improved in these latest photos. The scalp looks less irritated in general, so I would say that's a good start. I have no scientific basis for saying so, but it seems to me that hair growth to this point could have been hindered by the inflammation, but as your scalp normalizes the follicles may be able to get back to their typical function.

Your skin is looking better, so there is definitely some improvement. I agree, it looks like your native hair has shocked and hasn’t grown back yet.

You said you saw a neutral party HT doc recently. What was their overall opinion on where you stand now and what to expect going forward?

Hang in there man. It’s still early.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Hey John.

I'm in a state of waiting and trying not to lose hope.

Will post an update at 6 months.

Thanks 🙏 good to hear from you. Will keep everything crossed 🤞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, WonkyHair said:

Hey @UnbaldEagle, hope you're doing ok? I was at HDC at the same time as you (I was in the room next door, got you coffee  and bananas 🍌 😁). How are things looking? Really hope you've had some progress 🤞

Hey @WonkyHair, I remember you now, thanks for everything. :) Unfortunately it didn't work out for me and I'm suffering greatly because of it. I just checked out your post, I'm sorry that your result is poor. :( At least yours could be fixed by a good surgeon if that's any consolation. 

• Sad 1

Hi @UnbaldEagle, I asked before we'll have a video Skype so Dr.Maras can review your case, it's always important us that all our paitents we'll be happy with good experience, the clinic still asking we'll have a video meeting, if you want we can do this right now.

• Like 3

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

1 hour ago, Doron Harati said:

Hi @UnbaldEagle, I asked before we'll have a video Skype so Dr.Maras can review your case, it's always important us that all our paitents we'll be happy with good experience, the clinic still asking we'll have a video meeting, if you want we can do this right now.

Hi @Doron Harati

Yes, I recall that, it was 3 months ago and I added you on Skype to have that video call but then you told me you're unavailable due to the political turmoils in your country and then you never contacted me again. 

It's fine, honestly. We can do the Skype video call if you want to, but I'm not sure if it would do me any good as quite frankly I have absolutely no intentions of going back to HDC. 

• Sad 1

TL;DR: Posted the last update at 5 months with pics and I have the same amount of hair now at 8 months and 1 week. I had no growth whatsoever and quite frankly I have no idea how is that even possible. No recovery from shock loss either so at present time I have much less hair than before the procedure. :( Some bare patches here and there and a completely destroyed left temple region. On top of this there are severe scarring issues: redness, cobblestoning, fibrosis. 

I know it's fairly rare to see no growth from a HT so for a while I thought I'm deceiving myself and I must have had some growth despite not seeing any hairs popping out, and despite actually having less hair now than pre-HT. After all it's hard to tell because I had hair implanted between natives. So the only place where it would be more revealing are the zigzags or whatever they are called, which were created in front of my existing hairline. And I look at them and all I see are the little poke holes created by the incisions but no hair. None. Seriously, it just baffles me and I can't find any explanation for it. I knew it can be quite risky to have hair implanted between existing hair but I trusted Dr. Maras has great experience in such cases.

I still have the redness and cobblestoning and it's quite depressing to look at it. Of course if I had a great result and I'd have the right amount of hair to mask all of that it probably wouldn't bother me so much. 
Like @WonkyHair, I spend a ridiculously long time trying to fix my hair whenever going out in order to hide this mess on top of my head. My hair is longish again, but it's mostly a combforward of sorts and it just looks pathetic. I've become a social recluse since my HT, only venturing out of the house for work. I can work from home, but every now and then I do have to go in to the office and my colleagues are looking at me totally bewildered. I'm not sure if they can tell if I had a HT, after all they've known me before the procedure so if anyone suspects that they'd think I should have more hair, right? But I'm certain they can tell that something very unhealthy happened to my scalp. And it really, really sucks.

I must confess I've sunk into depression and hopelessness and I have no idea how could I have a normal life again. There's not a single day when I don't wake up regretting all the damage this surgeon has caused me.

I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. I'm well aware some people like Doron had a great result at HDC so I'm truly sorry my own post is so negative. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

@UnbaldEagle Hi again brother. I’m very sorry to hear what you’re going through. I know what it feels like to take the plunge in having a transplant in the first place. The insecurity. The jealousy of friends with hair. The fear of wind and rain. Wanting to be more attractive to potential mates. Like a part of you is missing.

And all we want is for the transplant to fill those holes; even just a little bit.

If you feel comfortable, I’d love to see some pictures. Sometimes we can be our own worst critic. And just know you can message me at any time.

I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart and hope you can find some peace on this topic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@UnbaldEagle I tried before the poticial turmoils to schedule with you and you said you sorry for the late replay then you wrote me your Skype user and I sent you message on Skype on 11th May and you didn't reply me then I messaged your inbox here again, I never said I can't talk with you during the political turmoils back then.

Me and the clinic sympathize with any paitent and respect any claims we never abandon anyone, each clinic must have a video or personal meeting to review your case.

I sent message to your Skype again now and we'll be glad to have a video meeting to assist you.

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

7 minutes ago, WonkyHair said:

Just for clarity, UnbaldEagle's procedure was a few days before mine, we were both staying in the HDC apartments opposite the clinic.

Ok ok , I understand.

31 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

TL;DR: Posted the last update at 5 months with pics and I have the same amount of hair now at 8 months and 1 week. I had no growth whatsoever and quite frankly I have no idea how is that even possible. No recovery from shock loss either so at present time I have much less hair than before the procedure. :( Some bare patches here and there and a completely destroyed left temple region. On top of this there are severe scarring issues: redness, cobblestoning, fibrosis. 

I know it's fairly rare to see no growth from a HT so for a while I thought I'm deceiving myself and I must have had some growth despite not seeing any hairs popping out, and despite actually having less hair now than pre-HT. After all it's hard to tell because I had hair implanted between natives. So the only place where it would be more revealing are the zigzags or whatever they are called, which were created in front of my existing hairline. And I look at them and all I see are the little poke holes created by the incisions but no hair. None. Seriously, it just baffles me and I can't find any explanation for it. I knew it can be quite risky to have hair implanted between existing hair but I trusted Dr. Maras has great experience in such cases.

I still have the redness and cobblestoning and it's quite depressing to look at it. Of course if I had a great result and I'd have the right amount of hair to mask all of that it probably wouldn't bother me so much. 
Like @WonkyHair, I spend a ridiculously long time trying to fix my hair whenever going out in order to hide this mess on top of my head. My hair is longish again, but it's mostly a combforward of sorts and it just looks pathetic. I've become a social recluse since my HT, only venturing out of the house for work. I can work from home, but every now and then I do have to go in to the office and my colleagues are looking at me totally bewildered. I'm not sure if they can tell if I had a HT, after all they've known me before the procedure so if anyone suspects that they'd think I should have more hair, right? But I'm certain they can tell that something very unhealthy happened to my scalp. And it really, really sucks.

I must confess I've sunk into depression and hopelessness and I have no idea how could I have a normal life again. There's not a single day when I don't wake up regretting all the damage this surgeon has caused me.

I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. I'm well aware some people like Doron had a great result at HDC so I'm truly sorry my own post is so negative. 

@UnbaldEagle, I'm sincerely sorry to hear this. For those that haven't been through it I think it's impossible to overstate the impact that a bad hair transplant has on one's mental health! If people think hairloss is bad, a bad transplant is 100 times worse! It's hard not to become depressed or to  stop the anger at the surgeon that has caused you such turmoil from becoming all consuming! 

Will PM you 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Sorry for u unbald eagle.. ur hairloss was similar to mines,, so totally understand what you were trying to achieve .. 

I can’t even imagine being In your shoes right now .. the damage to your frontal looks kinda like Sean.. very hard to cover up that area.. keep us updated n be very careful on your repair surgery..  

• Administrators

I don’t see any updated pictures. Do you mind sharing recent pictures? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t see any updated pictures. Do you mind sharing recent pictures? 

+1 

While your 5 month pics were not promising, I think it is worth to share current pics. Maybe it looks better than you think.

Wish you all the best! We all feel with you. 

• Like 1