FUE by HLC Ankara | 4261 Grafts | Nov 7, 2020

MachoVato

10 hours ago, RandoBrando517 said:

Looks really good man if you had to do it over again would you still choose HLC or go with Bicer or pekiner?

Having the results/progress so far from HLC, it would be silly for me to regret it. It's not perfect but it's exceeded my expectations.

A short story... I first started researching transplants in 2019. The plan was to get it done in early 2020. I consulted with Bisanga in Belgium, Maras in Cyprus, and Keser in Turkey. My first choice was Keser, as I saw some results that were fantastic. He uses manual extraction, stick & place implantation, and limits procedures to 700 grafts/day. I would need a 4 day procedure. I later learned that he formerly worked at HLC. He had some family issues and had to cancel my appointment.

I saw some reviews from Pekiner liked the feedback from the consultation (also formerly with HLC). I sent him a deposit for April 2020 but had to cancel the booking due to pandemic. The following months I tried to book with Dr. Ferreira, but travel to Portugal was restricted. Then in October travel to Turkey opened up, so I reached out to several clinics at once and everyone was booked for the next few months. But HLC had a cancellation 2.5 weeks out and I booked it. 

I would have been happy with Pekiner, Maras, Bisanga or Ferreira. I chose HLC because of timing. Bicer is not for me. 

I am considering a second transplant for my crown and maybe some hairline touchups, perhaps in 4-5 months. At the moment, I am considering Bisanga for that. 

Edited by MachoVato

1 minute ago, MachoVato said:

Having the results/progress so far from HLC, it would be silly for me to regret it. It's not perfect but it's exceeded my expectations.

A short story... I first started researching transplants in 2019. The plan was to get it done in early 2020. I consulted with Bisanga in Belgium, Maras in Cyprus, and Keser in Turkey. My first choice was Keser, as I saw some results that were fantastic. He uses manual extraction, stick & place implantation, and limits procedures to 700 grafts/day. I would need a 4 day procedure. I later learned that he formerly worked at HLC. He had some family issues and had to cancel my appointment.

I saw some reviews from Pekiner liked the feedback from the consultation. I sent him a deposit for April 2020 but had to cancel the booking due to pandemic. The following months I tried to book with Dr. Ferreira, but travel to Portugal was restricted. Then in October travel to Turkey opened up, so I reached out to several clinics at once and everyone was booked for the next few months. But HLC had a cancellation 2.5 weeks out and I booked it. 

I would have been happy with Pekiner, Maras, Bisanga or Ferreira. I chose HLC because of timing. Bicer is not for me. 

I am considering a second transplant for my crown and maybe some hairline touchups, perhaps in 4-5 months. At the moment, I am considering Bisanga for that. 

What about Turan? 

Just now, RandoBrando517 said:

What about Turan? 

If you were considering the budget clinics like Cinik or Smile or Cosmedica or even HOI, I would recommend FUECapilar or Bicer all day! A doctor would do most of the work instead of a technician. But I don't have any experience with them. I recommend starting your own thread about this. Post some current pictures and talk about the meds/supplements you're taking. I think you'll get more feedback that way. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Coady said:

wow man that really turned out good. Why would you not go back to HLC for the crown after this result?

I haven't decided yet, I might go back to HLC. I'm just looking to try somewhere else. Belgium or Spain, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 3:34 AM, MachoVato said:

I haven't decided yet, I might go back to HLC. I'm just looking to try somewhere else. Belgium or Spain, for sure.

The best in Spain is Couto. But you should call them already since they will give u appointment in a year or 2.

Month 7 Update

A quick few pics. I don't notice a lot of difference from last month. I'm sure it's improved, but I can't really tell. Not bad for a 50 year old! 😝

Month-7-Front.jpg.edea3a0e3f73191ffce35796e47ee841.jpg

Month-7-SideL.jpg.5ae12b564efcdf35bb6016585505f56f.jpg

Month-7-SideR.jpg.f2b5f26da1044ca13d83f37157d1474d.jpg

It's come a long way!

before.thumb.jpg.3a9677bb895ef59febde110b8562e86f.jpg

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 2

• Administrators
On 6/12/2021 at 1:42 AM, Andrei said:

Me at 7 months not so good, operated by hlc in 29-30 octomber. Sincerly not happy, also my donor is overharvested by them. You looks good.

While I don’t doubt you’re being sincere. I question why you would choose to write this on someone else’s journey. I encourage you to create your own thread and document your progress or lacktherof. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 6/12/2021 at 10:42 AM, Andrei said:

Me at 7 months not so good, operated by hlc in 29-30 octomber. Sincerly not happy, also my donor is overharvested by them. You looks good.

Rest assured, HLC will evaluate your case and if deems it appropriate, they will offer you a touch-up.  They are not a hair mill.

Edited by Egy

2 hours ago, Andrei said:

Yes, they told me this from start. I will wait until 1 year to see how this will be, now is not bad but also not so good, let say medium.

I do not want to open a thread to post photos, is my privacy, sorry for writing on your topic.

I wish you the best over the coming months!

There are many "late grower" cases. I remember this one by Dr. Keser. He didn't begin to see growth until month 6!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

you don't have 50/60 FU as they sold you.
Same issue for me.
My dermatologist counted 25/30 FU on first line.
At the moment, it is not a big issue for me because my natives have a very good covering effect, but I'm not very happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Month 8 Update

A few quick pics. It doesn't feel much different than last month. The hair might feel a little more natural (less course). This might be my last update because next month I'll be getting my second transplant to cover my crown and some hairline refinement, especially my temple points. Approximately 1,500 grafts. I'm booked with Dr. Bisanga in Belgium and I'm super excited!

Month-8-Left1.jpg.8c2a63e1a0c11845cd9b1ebcf7c4ac48.jpg

Month-8-Left2.jpg.d29c98dfe6f7f4e653c7c753d1dbcab9.jpg

Month-8-Right2.jpg.10dc7f2e9cd51c571a0c4c6883ae1cb2.jpg

Month-8-Top.jpg.d0426be283b356e216188906591820d5.jpg

Month-8-Donor.thumb.jpg.f1168092e5efe6e25227feb6df9be256.jpg

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Great progress. Any reason why you’re not going with HLC again? Did bisanga say it’s ok to get another transplant before 1 year?

I'm very pleased with my results. It's just my opinion, but HLC seems to be graft aggressive (not a bad thing), they really like dense packing, yet still good at hairline naturalness. But I've been real impressed with Bisanga's donor management and refinement in the hairline. I want to slightly close my temple points and for that I want a softer touch.

Besides, HLC's first opening is in October. Bisanga had an opening in 5 weeks. I did reach out to De Freitas, but I haven't back from them yet and I think they have a long waiting list.

9 months out shouldn't be a problem. The work won't be in the previous recipient area. The crown and temples are untouched.

• Like 2

same story for me...
the survival rate Is low...I'll have a touch up with BF.

2 hours ago, Andrei said:

You look now very good, i do not think that something will change after 8 months, at me nothing changed after 6 months. Hlc like to make dense packing and is a good thing but not always.

The biggest problems at hlc is the survival rate wich is not soo good, this is my opinion from my experience. At me they also implated with high density but that density is not in my head. I will go in november at dr Bruno Ferreira in Portugal to make a live consultation to see if i can improve my situation my donor is almost empy...:(

Great progress man. Congrats

• Like 1

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a haircut. I'm at 8.5 months. Donor looks fine to me. She used a 0.5 size guard around the ear and at bottom of back. This is about as short as I've ever worn it. Kinda like it!

donor.thumb.jpg.4a5a858a73c7bc6d43cac65f75dfcaff.jpg

Headed to Brussels in 3 weeks to meet Dr. Bisanga to add some density to my crown (untouched) and tweak my temples & hairline. :)

• Like 5