Dr. Keser - Ankara/Turkey - 14.11.2018

Haare2018

Hello, I would like to share my hair transplant by Dr. Keser from Turkey/Ankara. In the time from 14.11.2018 to 16.11.2018 were 1700 Grafts transplanted to me. Now i'm in 4,5 Months POST OP and of course I'm now very dissatisfied. The difference between the transplanted hair and my existing hair is huge. But Dr. Keser told me that the transplanted hair is as dense as my existing hair.

What do you say ?

Before 1PRE OP 2.jpg

Before 2PRE OP 1.jpg

Hairline / Plan by Dr. KeserPRE OP - Hairline by Dr. Keser.jpg

Donor at OPDonor from OP.jpg

1700 Grafts Finish1700 Graft finish - Day 1.jpg

7 Days after7 Day POST OP.jpg

16 Days after16 DAY POST OP .jpg

6 Weeks after6 Weeks.jpg

9 Weeks after9 Weeks.jpg

11 Weeks after11 WEEKS.jpg

13 Weeks after13 Weeks.jpg

15 Weeks after15 WEEKS POST OP .jpg

Edited by Haare2018

Ur growing phase just started .. u still have a few more months of growing ..but judging from ur pre-op n graft count for the large area u trying to cover .. why only 1700 grafts ? U need at least 2500-3000 for good density .. did u or the doctor decide on this number ? 

Best wishes .. 

1 hour ago, Legend007 said:

Ur growing phase just started .. u still have a few more months of growing ..but judging from ur pre-op n graft count for the large area u trying to cover .. why only 1700 grafts ? U need at least 2500-3000 for good density .. did u or the doctor decide on this number ? 

Best wishes .. 

hi, the number of Grafts the doctor has chosen. He said that the transplanted area is as dense as my previous non-fancy hair

Hi

4.5 months is really just the beginning of the new growth, so don’t be disappointed just yet. As for the density, it’s hard to tell until another 4.5 months passes but 1,700 grafts for your area of loss does seem low, I agree with Legend it should be closer to 3,000 grafts but I know that Keser is a conservative Doctor when it comes to grafts since he does a lot of the procedure himself. Good luck and keep updating!

Agree, for the area marked out pre-op, struggling to see how 1700 grafts was going to be enough for adequate density. Temple area looked pretty barren pre-op and if i'm not mistake, hair line seems to have been lowered at the temples to? End's up becoming a significant area to cover. 

Still have to play the waiting game and hair should mature and thicken up and so improve things but again struggling to equate the area marked with 1700 grafts when after density so you may have to go in for another procedure to top things up in that area.

Reminds me of this case but with literally half the grafts. Should still look good if every last graft grows though imo. At 4.5 months there's really nothing to judge, wait until 6 months minimum before you even have any idea of what you're dealing with. 

Most definitely it is a small number of grafts for the area however. Sometimes a doctor that does slightly less refined work with more grafts is better for cases like this, but interested to see how it turns out.

Like discussed in the domestic forum:

- Relax it is early

- It is true, 1700 FU seems low, but this is not the current problem. Also, your first pic with the red hairline is misleading. Post OP looks fine with an good density.

- If the initial graft # will be the issue in 5 month, this is a minor issue and can be fixed easily.

More and better pics would help.

You have posted on literally every hair loss related forum in existence. Even if this turned into a bad result ( which is unlikely as it is progressing as normal for 4 months ) I would never agree to make it right with you after trashing him all over the internet before even allowing any time for growth.

His only mistake was agreeing to perform surgery on someone who clearly isn't equipped to endure the process of a hair transplant.

Take some time to actually bother researching some posts here and you'll see your growth is on schedule. 

Time to grow up a little. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jonnyalex said:

You have posted on literally every hair loss related forum in existence. Even if this turned into a bad result ( which is unlikely as it is progressing as normal for 4 months ) I would never agree to make it right with you after trashing him all over the internet before even allowing any time for growth.

His only mistake was agreeing to perform surgery on someone who clearly isn't equipped to endure the process of a hair transplant.

Take some time to actually bother researching some posts here and you'll see your growth is on schedule. 

Time to grow up a little. 

Well said! 

You obviously did no reaseach prior to getting a transplant. So quick to trash a Dr's repuation when you're not even half way through to regrowth process of the proceedure.

2 hours ago, Mr S said:

You obviously did no reaseach prior to getting a transplant. So quick to trash a Dr's repuation when you're not even half way through to regrowth process of the proceedure.

What makes you think that? I'm just sharing my hair transplant and will arrive at the end of this week in the 5th month. What's wrong with regularly sharing the status?

On 3/26/2019 at 5:27 PM, Haare2018 said:

I'm now very dissatisfied.

439918CD-D19E-4F77-84E6-C32F3502C548.thumb.jpeg.5ce9fb54484a3b4db8fee1708ec6fa56.jpeg

you also wrote this on another forum but looks like you’ve gone back and edited some of your posts tbf.

Edited by Mr S

7 hours ago, Mr S said:

you also wrote this on another forum but looks like you’ve gone back and edited some of your posts tbf.

Why does that bother you when I rate the intermediate result? I'm in a few days in the 5th month and will rate also it. At the same time I am also aware that I will not have the final result until the 10th month

Edited by Haare2018

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 12:54 PM, Haare2018 said:

Why does that bother you when I rate the intermediate result? I'm in a few days in the 5th month and will rate also it. At the same time I am also aware that I will not have the final result until the 10th month

So why did you say it's a bad result if you are aware that the final result will only appear in the 10th month?  WOuldn't it be better to wait? 

On 4/10/2019 at 10:25 AM, therealmvp2016 said:

So why did you say it's a bad result if you are aware that the final result will only appear in the 10th month?  WOuldn't it be better to wait? 

I rate the intermediate result

Edited by Haare2018

I'm typically not one for scientific suggestions without scientific evidence, but I find it strange that some of the most emotional and stressed out posters that complain very early on subsequent to a procedure seem to find themselves with a self fulfilling prophecy. Seems to be a lot of this recently. 

Either way 5 months is still relatively early and obviously you've made a conscious effort to present your current result in the harshest condition you can.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

I'm typically not one for scientific suggestions without scientific evidence, but I find it strange that some of the most emotional and stressed out posters that complain very early on subsequent to a procedure seem to find themselves with a self fulfilling prophecy. Seems to be a lot of this recently. 

Either way 5 months is still relatively early and obviously you've made a conscious effort to present your current result in the harshest condition you can.

I try not to show the result in harshest condition, rather in daylight in the sun! that is reality! why is my non-transplanted hair the same on every image and the transplanted hair is not? That is reality!

Edited by Haare2018

21 minutes ago, Haare2018 said:

I try not to show the result in harshest condition, rather in daylight in the sun! that is reality! why is my non-transplanted hair the same on every image and the transplanted hair is not? That is reality!

Mine looked awful in sunlight at 5 months, that's also the reality. Same case with most people. I'd wait until 7ish months before you have a good idea of what you're going to end up with.

Did you approach Keser saying you could only afford 1700 grafts? This is not normally a case Keser would take on and if he did, he would suggest his max harvest which is 2500... It just doesn't seem to follow the pattern of his previous cases. Other clinics may suggest 3500 for your level of loss. 

37 minutes ago, jonnyalex said:

Did you approach Keser saying you could only afford 1700 grafts? This is not normally a case Keser would take on and if he did, he would suggest his max harvest which is 2500... It just doesn't seem to follow the pattern of his previous cases. Other clinics may suggest 3500 for your level of loss

have you not read my previous posts or are you bidding blindly?

he had previously proposed 2000 grafts to whatsapp and then said 1700 locally. he said 1700 would be totally enough. Otherwise I could do something else for 3500 grafts! I trusted without it!

40 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

I agree with every other poster here - the best approach is to just wait (it took me around 9 months to get a good indication of how my transplants turned out). The work looks really clean and given that it is Dr Keser I'd be looking forward to further growth before making a final judgement

Have you considered using toppik or another concealer in the meantime? Given your current hair growth a little concealer would go a long way ...

I did not do the hair transplant to use toppik! such a crap! Do you use toppik yourself and do not recommend here unnecessarily😡🤬

Edited by Haare2018