FUE by HLC Ankara | 4261 Grafts | Nov 7, 2020

MachoVato

22 hours ago, JC71 said:

Looking really good. Donor still looks impressive considering how many grafts you have taken already ! Much more to come then 😊

Thanks! I'm hoping my temples come in soon. If they need a boost, I *might* get a third transplant... like 100-150 grafts to strengthen them. We'll see.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MachoVato said:

1 Year Update

Can't believe it's already been a whole year! I forgot about it actually, until Google Photos reminded me "1 year ago".

Without question, I'm thrilled about my decision to get a hair transplant and with the results from HLC. Totally life changing. It continues to make me happy every day.

How it started.

before.thumb.jpg.120720d54b00c0987ea53da6c7b5b8dd.jpg

before2.jpg.fa168ebdebce654ace218497dea0e14a.jpg

How it's going

No fibers or anything like that. My crown has some Dermmatch because it's been under 3 months since my second transplant on the crown. The donor is after almost 5,800 grafts total.

Month-12-Front.thumb.jpg.eadfa184a4df9a84460777f49842fc63.jpg

Month-12-Top.jpg.56578ed5463858104aa3c31705bfef4c.jpg

Month-12-Left.jpg.fd36abbcac1053085f9b17089ebce917.jpg

Month-12-Right.jpg.a137f96a0eec9e740825713f1e81875a.jpg

Month-12-Back.jpg.61e5fa3baaf62577b5460756e8ea49ff.jpg

Great hairline.... Ten years younger

• 2 months later...

During your treatment with HLC did you decide to get a PRP shot injected before/after? Also did your native hairs fall out from any form of shock loss?

Plus 4k grafts is a lot to take away. Your donor zone looks really good congrats on the results man.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

33 minutes ago, Vann said:

During your treatment with HLC did you decide to get a PRP shot injected before/after? Also did your native hairs fall out from any form of shock loss?

Plus 4k grafts is a lot to take away. Your donor zone looks really good congrats on the results man.

Hi! I'm not sure if HLC offers PRP, but no I didn't have anything like that. I had a little shock loss, I'm sure. It did take a while before my donor recovered fully. But it wasn't patchy or spotty. 

Yes 4000 grafts is a lot. I had 1500 more removed on my second transplant with Dr. Bisanga. At my age, I'm lucky to have a good donor area. 😎

I might get a third transplant in a year or so, not sure. But it will be minor, like 500 grafts. 

12 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Hi! I'm not sure if HLC offers PRP, but no I didn't have anything like that. I had a little shock loss, I'm sure. It did take a while before my donor recovered fully. But it wasn't patchy or spotty. 

Yes 4000 grafts is a lot. I had 1500 more removed on my second transplant with Dr. Bisanga. At my age, I'm lucky to have a good donor area. 😎

I might get a third transplant in a year or so, not sure. But it will be minor, like 500 grafts. 

I see a lot of surgeons that add PRP during surgery to prevent shock loss but i guess it depends on the surgeon and their skill. 

If you dont mind me asking why did you choose HLC and what expectations did you have that were met? Also what were the most take aways would you point out about the clinic or process?

11 minutes ago, Vann said:

I see a lot of surgeons that add PRP during surgery to prevent shock loss but i guess it depends on the surgeon and their skill. 

If you dont mind me asking why did you choose HLC and what expectations did you have that were met? Also what were the most take aways would you point out about the clinic or process?

I believe most shockloss is due to too much anesthesia.

I booked with HLC because I liked their results and hairline naturalness. I also liked Dr. Keser and Dr. Penkiner results (both former HLC doctors), so HLC is doing something right. I wanted to lower my hairline and increase density, like most people. I was quoted 2300 grafts at first. When I got there, they said my donor was in great condition so we could lower my hairline about 2cm, almost an inch, which wasn't considered in the quote. I agreed to the plan of only doing my hairline and mid-scalp... and to do my crown during a second transplant.

Of course, I'm pleased with my results. It exceeded my expectations. My only takeaway is to plan for a second transplant. The first one is great and should address most of your coverage. Use a second transplant to refine your hairline, add density, and make any extra changes. Also, I saved money by going to HLC first. It would have cost me about €10k more if I went to Bisanga at first. 

1 minute ago, MachoVato said:

I booked with HLC because I liked their results and hairline naturalness. I also liked Dr. Keser and Dr. Penkiner results (both former HLC doctors), so HLC is doing something right. I wanted to lower my hairline and increase density, like most people. I was quoted 2300 grafts at first. When I got there, they said my donor was in great condition so we could lower my hairline about 2cm, almost an inch, which wasn't considered in the quote. I agreed to the plan of only doing my hairline and mid-scalp... and to do my crown during a second transplant.

Of course, I'm pleased with my results. It exceeded my expectations. My only takeaway is to plan for a second transplant. The first one is great and should address most of your coverage. Use a second transplant to refine your hairline, add density, and make any extra changes. Also, I saved money by going to HLC first. It would have cost me about €10k more if I went to Bisanga at first. 

Yea I am very impressed with Keser and Pekiner but I believe Pekiner is solo now (at a place called NeoHead clinic I believe). I see HLC still has good results nonetheless, so I can see why you chose that clinic.

I am 100% with you on Bisanga, I am really impressed with almost all of his results I just dont have Bisanga money so I am keeping him outside my reach for now.

It was a little difficult to tell from the photos but it looks like you added really good density to some parts of the mid scalp that I thought wouldve been an issue to the native hairs. By any chance did that affect any of your native pre-existing hairs much? Because based on your photos there is almost little to no loss. But maybe it could be because of hair style so I figured I might ask.

I am currently taking a step back from the hair transplant approach to make sure I exhaust all my options since I have been taking the medical approach for awhile now, but because I want to make sure I have the right mind set I have considered HLC as one of my options.

Would you personally recommend HLC based off your results or do you feel there could be other options that are near that level of price range-quality (Bisanga if he was slightly more affordable to HLC)? 

I saw the list that was created with different clinics but I am curious on what you believe is a good clinic?

Sorry for all the questions.

7 minutes ago, Vann said:

Yea I am very impressed with Keser and Pekiner but I believe Pekiner is solo now (at a place called NeoHead clinic I believe). I see HLC still has good results nonetheless, so I can see why you chose that clinic.

I am 100% with you on Bisanga, I am really impressed with almost all of his results I just dont have Bisanga money so I am keeping him outside my reach for now.

It was a little difficult to tell from the photos but it looks like you added really good density to some parts of the mid scalp that I thought wouldve been an issue to the native hairs. By any chance did that affect any of your native pre-existing hairs much? Because based on your photos there is almost little to no loss. But maybe it could be because of hair style so I figured I might ask.

I am currently taking a step back from the hair transplant approach to make sure I exhaust all my options since I have been taking the medical approach for awhile now, but because I want to make sure I have the right mind set I have considered HLC as one of my options.

Would you personally recommend HLC based off your results or do you feel there could be other options that are near that level of price range-quality (Bisanga if he was slightly more affordable to HLC)? 

I saw the list that was created with different clinics but I am curious on what you believe is a good clinic?

Sorry for all the questions.

I can't say for sure if I lost my native hair. My density is good, not the same when I was 20 years old, but you can't see my scalp. My crown was the only place you could see scalp, so I got that fixed by Bisanga.

Of course, I would recommend HLC at this price. I paid €2.5/graft, there are not many top clinics in this price range. Maybe Dr. Pinto in Portugal, or Dr. Vila in Spain? The price quickly goes to 3-5 euro at the very top level, like Bisanga, Lorenzo, Feriduni, etc. 

For me, I wanted 100% doctor operation, and I was really wanting stick & place technique. I still think stick & place is a better approach, but that's just preference. It is smart to try to see how you respond to medicine. I can say this... once you get a transplant, you'll wish you did it sooner. Lowering my hairline and improving my temple points have made a HUGE improvement to my appearance. It can't be understated.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

I can't say for sure if I lost my native hair. My density is good, not the same when I was 20 years old, but you can't see my scalp. My crown was the only place you could see scalp, so I got that fixed by Bisanga.

Of course, I would recommend HLC at this price. I paid €2.5/graft, there are not many top clinics in this price range. Maybe Dr. Pinto in Portugal, or Dr. Vila in Spain? The price quickly goes to 3-5 euro at the very top level, like Bisanga, Lorenzo, Feriduni, etc. 

For me, I wanted 100% doctor operation, and I was really wanting stick & place technique. I still think stick & place is a better approach, but that's just preference. It is smart to try to see how you respond to medicine. I can say this... once you get a transplant, you'll wish you did it sooner. Lowering my hairline and improving my temple points have made a HUGE improvement to my appearance. It can't be understated.

Honestly, the only thing that can be understated is how you're down playing your back routine. I see those rhomboids and traps. "look at my new hair transplant" *low key flexes back* haha

But I appreciate your feedback and I am honestly happy that your results look great. I also think your donor zone was really good and the amount of hair that you have lost was not too bad. If it was worse I think your donor zone would've covered it but its really great that it did not come to that.

You mentioned an additional 500 grafts you would add. Is that the temples side you would add it to?

Edited by Vann
typo

1 hour ago, Vann said:

Honestly, the only thing that can be understated is how you're down playing your back routine. I see those rhomboids and traps. "look at my new hair transplant" *low key flexes back* haha

But I appreciate your feedback and I am honestly happy that your results look great. I also think your donor zone was really good and the amount of hair that you have lost was not too bad. If it was worse I think your donor zone would've covered it but its really great that it did not come to that.

You mentioned an additional 500 grafts you would add. Is that the temples side you would add it to?

Ha! thanks, I never work out traps, they just somehow get activated in other exercises. 

Yeah, I think I'd like to close my temples a little more. My temple peaks are so strong that the temple recession looks worse than it really is. Who knows? 

30 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Ha! thanks, I never work out traps, they just somehow get activated in other exercises. 

Yeah, I think I'd like to close my temples a little more. My temple peaks are so strong that the temple recession looks worse than it really is. Who knows? 

I honestly think the temples look perfectly normal. I can see your outline and it seems reasonable. But we all hold ourselves to our own standards and we are our own biggest critics. 

All the transplants look like they are really natural, so if the work done on the temples is performed by either clinics you had procedures with; or potentially with, Eugenix I think you will be in perfect hands.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 2:32 PM, MachoVato said:

Quick correction: Dr. Keser is not a former HLC doctor. He never worked for someone else. Pekiner worked for Keser a year and switched to HLC. After working at HLC for 4 years, he opened up his own clinic. Quick story of Keser from his website:

----------

He established Derma -Past esthetic surgery center in 1998. In addition to all types of esthetic surgery operations, FUE method, the latest in hair transplantation, has been successfully performed at Derma-Plast since 2003.

Dr .Keser has been the first in Turkey to perform FUE method, a revolutionary advance in hair transplantation. Dr.Keser started his scientific studies in late 2002 and based his experiences on scientific grounds. In the affiliated departments of the universities in Turkey and in the USA , he designed and produced Follicular Unit Extractor after 20 months of research studies. This specially designed needle is a self-design of Dr. Keser and all its rights belong to him. With these needles, the extraction of follicular units without a loss of anatomical unity has been possible. The needles was approved by Turkish Patent Institution in 2003, and PCT application for international patent has been filed.

• 1 month later...

16 Month Update

Got a haircut. Cut way too short. But it'll be fine. It doesn't look like it's changed much to me. 

These are in pretty harsh lighting. It looks super great in regular lighting. :)

Month-16-Front.jpg.f4396c860fb47cb3b6d74176abceccb2.jpg

Month-16-Left.jpg.bb0d3430f9f4136860a63103fa8d87bb.jpg

Month-16-Right.jpg.eab55b184e8671b832d987a44dc62d00.jpg

Month-16-Donor.jpg.2c5b8cd00696d1b9f2c5e729ef847aee.jpg

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 5

This is an amazing result in any light! Well designed, dense and super (!) natural.

All your thinking about further surgeries is hair greed IMO ... and I do not blame you as I know it myself perfectly (we are all in the same boat). But every surgery is also a risk (even at the best clinics). I think you should really enjoy your hair and move on (sorry, for giving maybe unwanted advice). 

• 10 months later...
On 12/1/2020 at 1:25 PM, MachoVato said:

That's actually what I was thinking. There are a lot of them where there was no hair before. And the length is about what it was during transplantation. Next week is my 1-month mark. I'll post comparison photos then.

Thanks! I've started shedding it seems. In the morning I'll give my hair a light rub over the sink and 10 or 20 hairs will fall out. All the same size but none of them are bent or J-shaped. I am applying Rogaine foam every morning/night, and aloe vera gel a couple times throughout the day.  🤷‍♂️

Thanks!

Where did you get the microscope that you were referring to? I recently had a FUE procedure with Dr Taleb Barghouthi . Will be posting my pics soon but I would like to slowly and gradually observe my progress using that microscope which you used. Thank you.

5 hours ago, buns said:

Where did you get the microscope that you were referring to? I recently had a FUE procedure with Dr Taleb Barghouthi . Will be posting my pics soon but I would like to slowly and gradually observe my progress using that microscope which you used. Thank you.

This is the one I bought. But there are many others just like this. 

https://a.co/iuhdItl

• Thanks 1

A little over 2 years. Here's a video at the barber. A low fade, very short, in very bright light.

This is shorter than I like. You can kinda make out the donor area on my left side. After 5700 grafts, not bad! I still got one more transplant to go!

• 1 month later...

Your end result is remarkable. You look like you’re 40. Completely natural result. IMO when I look at the “after” pics of a HT patient, I’m usually thinking “does it look natural”? Natural is the best compliment. I’m much older than you and i’m likely a NW 6 at best. So when I viewed your pre-HT pics, I felt like you looked pretty good and your donor was especially dense/good. 

When I viewed your second post op pics, I’m like “wow it’s even better.” Thick, dense on top with natural hairline - totally undetectable. So I agree that you did the right thing by perusing HLC and seeking two procedures because your results are impeccable. Did any of your close friends, extended family make a positive remark? Sometimes their compliments can be very reassuring especially if they didn’t know you got a HT. 😉

Regards, Rick 

On 6/13/2021 at 6:38 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

While I don’t doubt you’re being sincere. I question why you would choose to write this on someone else’s journey. I encourage you to create your own thread and document your progress or lacktherof. 

melvin why some people with diffuse hairloss just decrease in density and still have enough amount of hair to style it and need less grafts like this case and other people with diffuse hairloss and the same pattern  go really bald