FUE by HLC Ankara | 4261 Grafts | Nov 7, 2020

MachoVato

17 minutes ago, T95good said:

Hey @MachoVato I am also from TX and am going to HLC in 2 weeks. Any advice about flights or travel? I am flying from houston to Germany to istanbul to ankara.

I'm in Sugar Land area. I went from IAH to IST to ESB on Turkish. Aside from wearing masks and eating boxed meals on flight, it was very uneventful and unspectacular... and I flew business class. I think I filled out a slip of paper about signs of being sick, which was given to customs at IST. I've been to Turkey before, this time I bought my eVisa in advance and had it printed out (instead of Visa on arrival).

Other than that, it's a non-issue. I heard that there may be new restrictions on overhead luggage, so you might need to check your bags that don't fit under the seat. 

I stayed 6 extra days, at the Sheraton Ankara. Across the street from the hotel is Nusr-Et, the steakhouse of the famous Salt Bae (he's Turkish). I missed him in person by one day, but I did get a decent steak there. Yes, it is covered in gold leaf. TOTALLY overpriced and TOTALLY not worth it, but no regrets. It was cool to visit and get a souvenir shirt. Haha!

saltbae.thumb.jpg.c0438f87d80a45c3bfb91f73891a42df.jpg

Edited by MachoVato

12 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

@MachoVato how many nights after your last day of the procedure would you have felt comfortable flying back to the US? What would be the minimum where you would have felt comfortable flying back?

The first couple days after the procedure is a little ugly. Swollen head and light pain, and spraying my head every hour. Days 3 and 4 the swelling moved to my face and that was funny, but then it went away.

Istanbul to London is like 4 hours, no problem leaving the next day. But for Americans, I would recommend staying at least 1 extra day if not 2. It's an 11 hour flight to Texas (direct) and it's uncomfortable enough. It's harder for Americans to get there, might as well see a sight or two.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 1:25 PM, MachoVato said:

All the same size but none of them are bent or J-shaped

oh, i'm not sure I understand the significance of this. Is it bad if the shedded hair are a bit bent or J-shaped?

I'm at 2.5 weeks and I imagine i'm going to start shedding soon, so not sure if this is something I should look out for.

• Like 1

Looking super good. Im happy for you because u didnt shedd anything. I lost almost everything after 1 month. 

Your donor hair looks super thick so this should be a 10/10:)

What kind of microscope is that btw?

Edited by RG90

7 hours ago, LondonRamen said:

oh, i'm not sure I understand the significance of this. Is it bad if the shedded hair are a bit bent or J-shaped?

I'm at 2.5 weeks and I imagine i'm going to start shedding soon, so not sure if this is something I should look out for.

I'm not sure what the bent hairs mean. I think it suggests that the hairs were implanted improperly. The shedded hair should be straight.implanted? 

29 minutes ago, RG90 said:

Looking super good. Im happy for you because u didnt shedd anything. I lost almost everything after 1 month. 

Your donor hair looks super thick so this should be a 10/10:)

What kind of microscope is that btw?

Thanks! I've started shedding, as expected. I'll post photos in a couple days at the 1-month mark.

The microscope I bought it this one...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WD843ZM

3 hours ago, duchaine said:

What about post op care?

me and my friends didn’t get any support from hlc. We were disperated!

i’m still waiting my pics from the clinic.

I haven't needed any post-op case. I was sent the photos by Engin, if I recall. Do you have their WhatsApp?

A quick 1 Month update. I started shedding about a week ago. In the morning I'll rub my scalp over the sink and a dozen or two hairs will fall out. They are straight (not L-shaped) and and no scabs attached. If I had to guess, maybe 15-20% of hairs have fallen out. 

I have started applying Rogain foam every morning/night, and aloe vera gel a couple times throughout the day. I've also started applying Tamanu Oil on the back of my scalp near the collar. I seem to have some redness, maybe a skin irritation? It doesn't itch or hurt, but the tamanu oil seems to help with these types of conditions, so I'll report on this over more time.

Here are a few pics.

Month-1-Front.jpg.e22e107b481a05e4030cb786bb4d3134.jpg

Month-1-Temple.jpg.78c01b68ea6c29b01039cb391bcff2e6.jpg

Month-1-Back.jpg.3b0caa63f8ddd69dfb76b72266d326f1.jpg

Month-1-Sink.jpg.e07dc094c72e72b615a7c5b5ee639896.jpg

And here's a new zoom photo. On the left, it looks like there's a thin hair coming out of the graft, while the original hair may have died or gone dormant... soon to shed, I assume. On the right, looks like new whispy hairs. I see a lot of these in an area that was bald before. Could hair be growing this early? They are all clear, thin and about the same length. Kinda neat!

Zoom-1-Month.thumb.jpg.c8c243d77fa880ecf964239db1bf6a03.jpg

Edited by MachoVato

This looks really good for the 1 month mark. Barely any noticeable shock loss. Looks like you didn't shed everything which is good are you able to tell what percentage of hair has shed? 

Seems like you may be a super early grower. 

17 hours ago, deitel130 said:

This looks really good for the 1 month mark. Barely any noticeable shock loss. Looks like you didn't shed everything which is good are you able to tell what percentage of hair has shed? 

Seems like you may be a super early grower. 

I'm guessing it's 15-20% shed so far. I assume I'll continue to shed over the next month, who knows when it'll stop. But I'm entering the ugly duckling stage, and that's totally expected. I wish I could jump forward in time 3 or 4 months. :)

39 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

I'm guessing it's 15-20% shed so far. I assume I'll continue to shed over the next month, who knows when it'll stop. But I'm entering the ugly duckling stage, and that's totally expected. I wish I could jump forward in time 3 or 4 months. :)

It doesn't look that bad TBH. The wait is hard.

On 12/6/2020 at 3:12 PM, MachoVato said:

I haven't needed any post-op case. I was sent the photos by Engin, if I recall. Do you have their WhatsApp?

I contacted Engin for months. Every time he promised to send me my pics but I got nothing.
I a-mailed the clinic but...same thing!

• 5 weeks later...

MONTH 2 UPDATE

Posting ugly duckling pics. Got a haircut today, sides and back only, #3 guard all around.
Shedding stopped around week 6. I'd say I've lost 70-80% or so. Coulda been worse.
Only a couple pimples to date. Slight itching in donor area, comes and goes. 

Using Rogaine foam twice a day. 1.25 mg Finasteride 2X per week. Biotin, Omega 369, and MSM supplements. 

Before.thumb.jpg.7c92c7b5ce613cd3b1df4cb4bbe44456.jpg

Month-2-Front-2.jpg.8e5bdc1311eb4be3c9a9abed3b83c9ee.jpg

Month-2-Front.jpg.e0ec6a48251f7021b58d8fee3b04932a.jpg

Month-2-Temple.jpg.2ec3627f1f28683e7364469405ffc7d5.jpg

Month-2-Back.jpg.ca0c4bd740c6290b48e936e5735d628d.jpg

Edited by MachoVato

• Administrators

Ugly duckling stage, but the fun is ahead. Stay patient, it’s a marathon. Thanks for posting 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...