FUE by HLC Ankara | 4261 Grafts | Nov 7, 2020

MachoVato

There is a HUGE difference between months 7 and 8. You probably don't notice it as you see yourself everyday, but the density of the very front is much thicker. You'll probably have a perfect hairline in another three months. Can you post a close up face shot before/after so we can tell how different the hairline changes your face shape?

5 minutes ago, CasuallyCopacetic said:

There is a HUGE difference between months 7 and 8. You probably don't notice it as you see yourself everyday, but the density of the very front is much thicker. You'll probably have a perfect hairline in another three months. Can you post a close up face shot before/after so we can tell how different the hairline changes your face shape?

I'll keep this thread going for a while. In 2 weeks I go in for a second transplant. I'll be at the 9 month mark from my first HT. Going to have my crown worked on. And I'm going to see if I can get my temples closed a little bit... and maybe add some density behind the hairline. 

I'm going to Dr. Bisanga in Brussels so he'll guide me what I need. I'm paying for 1,500 grafts. I'm super excited!

Hey there! I'm about to book my first transplant at HLC after extensive research.

Are you happy you went with them so far? Are all doctors on the team highly experienced or there's one better than another? Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, Fernand said:

Hey there! I'm about to book my first transplant at HLC after extensive research.

Are you happy you went with them so far? Are all doctors on the team highly experienced or there's one better than another? Thank you so much!

Yes, of course I'm happy. I'm not sure if any doctor is better than the other. It seems they are part of a system, they all perform the same technique (stick and place). There might be some specializations, like beard transplants, but I'm not sure. The doctors that work on you are decided during the hairline design process.

1 hour ago, Egy said:

@MachoVatoCan I ask you why you didn't come back to the HLC?  Is there a particular reason that made you decide to go to Dr. Bisanga?

It has nothing to do with HLC. I've just been really impressed with Bisanga's cases. I also would have went to De Freitas. Both docs are doing exceptional work.

For my first transplant, I was looking at hairlines and HLC was the best I could do considering the time and money. And I love my hairline. This time, I am interested in crown and temple peaks... and expertise in donor management. I feel Bisanga best fits those needs. 

Besides, I'm looking forward to seeing Belgium. I've been to Turkey a few times already.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Yes, of course I'm happy. I'm not sure if any doctor is better than the other. It seems they are part of a system, they all perform the same technique (stick and place). There might be some specializations, like beard transplants, but I'm not sure. The doctors that work on you are decided during the hairline design process.

Thank you for letting me know.

What concerns me a little are the injections. I've heard other clinics have a way to let you now feel anything at all in terms of pain, so I'm a bit surprised that HLC does "normal/painful" injections. How was your experience on that?

10 hours ago, Fernand said:

Thank you for letting me know.

What concerns me a little are the injections. I've heard other clinics have a way to let you now feel anything at all in terms of pain, so I'm a bit surprised that HLC does "normal/painful" injections. How was your experience on that?

The "pain free" injections are not really pain free. They say it's less pain, similar to being snapped with a rubber band. You can search on YouTube for "painless hair transplant" to see some examples.

My experience was mixed. Some injections were tough, others I didn't feel at all. I was stressed out about this, too. I hate needles. But really, it's very short and next thing I knew I was falling asleep from boredom. 

They do give you an IV so they can give you medicine to for pain. If you ask for something to calm you down, they can give you a valium (I didn't take that). I didn't enjoy the injections... but I'm still getting a second transplant next week! :)

Here's a short video of someone that went to HLC a couple months after I did. He talks about paint, too.

Edited by MachoVato

Before I fly out to Brussels to meet Dr. Bisanga, here are a few quick pictures from my car. :)

Month 9

month9-1.thumb.jpg.8ef5787e94249acd96d7297f12237c5f.jpg

month9-2.jpg.c1df4c077719f3cd7e90a8b38ad9163e.jpg

month9-3.jpg.09b87f65743bd61a4274d2139c8b7237.jpg

Dr. Bisanga will be filling in my crown. But I'm also going to fill i my temples. How does this look?

temples.thumb.jpg.35f42487cef617bd9dde47eee6b6b72c.jpg

• Like 2

Good evolution!

Yes. HLC are too conservative for hairline and temples. 

You can also consider clinica Zira in Valencia, Spain. Dra Cotellessa is the biggest promise of the country for me. She will also fix my temples and lower a little bit the hairline for me. 

But so far u are loooking phenomenal man.

• Like 1

What a great and natural looking result! And another proof: you still care about your hair when you cross the 30 (or even 40) year mark. And also in this age, great hair makes a tremendous difference in your appearance 🙂 

I also understand that you now seek perfection. Of course you do not need it, you have now better hair than 90 % of all men in you age...but if you have the donor and the funds...normally I always advice against it, but in your case I say: go for it. You of course know, that the temples are one of the most delicate parts of HT. Wish you all the best. 

P.S. It is hard for me to understand, that some people spread negativity in such a great thread (great result, but also great pics and realistic attitude). Why do not use your own threads to discuss your results or reservations against the clinic? 

Edited by Gasthoerer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 12:12 PM, Gasthoerer said:

P.S. It is hard for me to understand, that some people spread negativity in such a great thread (great result, but also great pics and realistic attitude). Why do not use your own threads to discuss your results or reservations against the clinic? 

People are not spreading negativity if express their  genuine thoughts and share and compare their experiences.
This is why the forums exist.
If you really care about this  thread, do not use it  to start useless discussions.

On 8/7/2021 at 6:10 PM, MachoVato said:

Before I fly out to Brussels to meet Dr. Bisanga, here are a few quick pictures from my car. :)

Month 9

Dr. Bisanga will be filling in my crown. But I'm also going to fill i my temples. How does this look?

temples.thumb.jpg.35f42487cef617bd9dde47eee6b6b72c.jpg

DELETED: sorry, when I commented,  I didn't see you already got your HT.

Edited by duchaine

On 8/23/2021 at 2:54 AM, duchaine said:

People are not spreading negativity if express their  genuine thoughts and share and compare their experiences.
This is why the forums exist.

Well, I agree the forum is here to share our thoughts and experience, so what is the point? Maybe, I quote a discussion of you with Melvin, maybe it helps to understand my point. If not, so be it. 

Offtopic.jpg

• 1 month later...

Month 11 Update

Got a haircut today. I use hair paste (no fibers) to style. I don't see much difference from month 9, to be honest. I *might* have shedded some, now that I am on oral minoxidil, not sure. Except the selfie, these pics are taken about a foot away from the window... 🤮

Month-11-Front1.jpg.bc261e2ecf5039b8b817bbe87bd066f5.jpg

Month-11-Top.jpg.dbd9a26e2744b437f35362919eda7a79.jpg

Month-11-Left.jpg.986faf5d2ee3a0ad338093e137ca9e58.jpg

Month-11-Right.jpg.2d917981f29db50054ede6ec4008c2f6.jpg

Density always looks better without direct light!

Month-11-Front.jpg.93feafd6b9ded203a406c703e4719b7e.jpg

Where I started...

before.thumb.jpg.903dfa09d3293e892c908443f605904c.jpg

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 2

Home run! They did something very right and did not go too low on your hairline to match with your original one. This was, not only they saved 600-700 grafts but also provided a very natural looking hairline because of the left-overs.

I would not mess with temples if I were you. It could look unnatural because of the very fine hair calibers on the temple not matching the transplanted ones. Your forehead is small enough now and it will look even smaller after HT. If it is what you want, I will be very eager to see your results cause I have been thinking to have temple job but I am yet to see a very natural result.

image.thumb.png.f03f3aeba5a74430ce8286bc2fa35369.png

Edited by Kaya
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kaya said:

Home run! They did something very right and did not go too low on your hairline to match with your original one. This was, not only they saved 600-700 grafts but also provided a very natural looking hairline because of the left-overs.

I would not mess with temples if I were you. It could look unnatural because of the very fine hair calibers on the temple not matching the transplanted ones. Your forehead is small enough now and it will look even smaller after HT. If it is what you want, I will be very eager to see your results cause I have been thinking to have temple job but I am yet to see a very natural result.

Yes, I had some native hair there, but not much. They lowered my hairline about an inch or so. It was a lot, which is why the graft count was so high. It's not lined up perfectly, but you can see some of my native hair in the before pics.

I did my temples when I got my crown worked on in Brussels with Dr. Bisanga. See link in my signature. Only 2 months so no results yet, but Bisanga is as gifted as they come so I have high confidence.

Untitled-2.thumb.png.03859a01cf592a0e172a8f3e071b9c7f.png

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Yes, I had some native hair there, but not much. They lowered my hairline about an inch or so. It was a lot, which is why the graft count was so high. It's not lined up perfectly, but you can see some of my native hair in the before pics.

I did my temples when I got my crown worked on in Brussels with Dr. Bisanga. See link in my signature. Only 2 months so no results yet, but Bisanga is as gifted as they come so I have high confidence.

Untitled-2.thumb.png.03859a01cf592a0e172a8f3e071b9c7f.png

I checked it out. You just strengthened your current temple line which is the best in my opinion too. I thought you would go for somethin like I sketched below and that's why I was a bit concerned. Good that you had something minor.

image.png.30146fa473cec3a3036b9bc551fedd96.png

Edited by Kaya

• 4 weeks later...

1 Year Update

Can't believe it's already been a whole year! I forgot about it actually, until Google Photos reminded me "1 year ago".

Without question, I'm thrilled about my decision to get a hair transplant and with the results from HLC. Totally life changing. It continues to make me happy every day.

How it started.

before.thumb.jpg.120720d54b00c0987ea53da6c7b5b8dd.jpg

before2.jpg.fa168ebdebce654ace218497dea0e14a.jpg

How it's going

No fibers or anything like that. My crown has some Dermmatch because it's been under 3 months since my second transplant on the crown. The donor is after almost 5,800 grafts total.

Month-12-Front.thumb.jpg.eadfa184a4df9a84460777f49842fc63.jpg

Month-12-Top.jpg.56578ed5463858104aa3c31705bfef4c.jpg

Month-12-Left.jpg.fd36abbcac1053085f9b17089ebce917.jpg

Month-12-Right.jpg.a137f96a0eec9e740825713f1e81875a.jpg

Month-12-Back.jpg.61e5fa3baaf62577b5460756e8ea49ff.jpg

• Like 2