When Did Price Become The Most Important?

4 hours ago, RonBurgundy said:

but why you always recommend Ferreira? without real cases on forum?

You do have real cases on the forum like @Rolandas thread. My friend @PT#31 that had his surgery aborted in Turkey with Pekiner is now 2 months post-op from Dr. Ferreira and so far he`s over the moon.

I reccomend him because he’s affordable and I know he`s highly skilled which is to be expected from a Doctor that works at Dr. Lorenzo clinic in Madrid.

Edited by Portugal25

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

You do have real cases on the forum like @Rolandas thread. My friend @PT#31 that had his surgery aborted in Turkey with Pekiner is now 2 months post-op from Dr. Ferreira and so far he`s over the moon.

I reccomend him because he’s affordable and I know he`s highly skilled which is to be expected from a Doctor that works at Dr. Lorenzo clinic in Madrid.

So 2 cases, without final results and he is better than Keser, HLC? I would need to see more work from him to be so sure as you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RonBurgundy said:

So 2 cases, without final results and he is better than Keser, HLC? I would need to see more work from him to be so sure as you.

There are lots of cases from him in the spanish forum. Well he is good, but in my opinion not like pekiner, pekiner's hairlines are crazy.  Not sure about keser and hlc, I didnt research enough about them.

7 hours ago, karatekid said:

There are lots of cases from him in the spanish forum. Well he is good, but in my opinion not like pekiner, pekiner's hairlines are crazy.  Not sure about keser and hlc, I didnt research enough about them.

Not from recuperarelpelo. They only have a couple of unfinished cases by Dr. Ferreira, and are pretty hesitant to recommend him until more show up. Do you know of another forum with more of Ferreira's results?

Just few things to add: 

1-HT in elite clinics are worth a lot, in many countries -like my own- it will cost same price of buying a flat for a middle class family. Saving up for such procedure isn't an option. 

2-This is human nature, people go for surgeries in cheaper places for more critical surgeries that good have a life threatening risk if not done properly, at least in HT that risk is less.

3-Marketing and results has been super effective, Turkey has elite marketing strategies:

a-FUE now is probably considered the only good method for most people thanks to it, even H&W who are the world leading clinic in FUT and HT seem to have conceded and is going for FUE way. Turkey has played huge part of that.

b-They have different marketing strategies for each region, in middle east Turkey is considered the golden standard for HT, and the surgeon performing on Arab patients aren't even known in English speaking language, never seen Asmed/Rasul/Cinik names in Arabic forum. 

c- They are so dominant here that even in medical field they think no one in the world is as good as them, I went to the top dermatologist clinic earlier this year for hair related consultation and we discussed that I might need HT, I told my Dr I am aware and thinking about doing it in either Switzerland or Canada (Hattingen or H&W) and her response? Do it in Cairo or travel to Turkey, those were reliable clinics are known. Swiss/Canada? hmmm, be aware of scammer 

Only couple of HT surgeon who attends international conference knows the truth. 

4-For FUE patients, Turkey has produced some elite results. That is the truth of it, people see some amazing results there posted by patients and would prefer to take such lower financial risk playing the lottery with their hair. I have seen many patient documented well known cases there, this encourage people. 

Most of those doing HT are either desperate or very hopeful. They are easy targets for good marketing when there is documented good results. 

5-I am not saying that this is the right approach, I don't have Turkey in my list at all. As I said if I ever do it then I have narrowed my options to Dr,Wong and Hattingen. But to act surprised is weird. 

In every trade, even medical, there is a market for the poor that always lack quality. 

Edited by harry_potter1
  • Like 3

I do think the marketing of it all is probably a key point. There is a lot of it out there and I think it would be easy for an uninformed patient to fall prey to these promises.

How many people do you see these days saying they've "done their research" when what they really mean is they've done a few Google searches for "best hair transplant clinics" and clicked on the first few results.

• Like 2

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I do think the marketing of it all is probably a key point. There is a lot of it out there and I think it would be easy for an uninformed patient to fall prey to these promises.

How many people do you see these days saying they've "done their research" when what they really mean is they've done a few Google searches for "best hair transplant clinics" and clicked on the first few results.

That’s true. I notice some people researching yelp, which for restaurants is okay, but hair transplants, that’s crazy. I really wish more people knew about this site, it would really help, hell, you can see good results in any budget, but the key is through research.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:39 PM, PizzaWolf said:

Not from recuperarelpelo. They only have a couple of unfinished cases by Dr. Ferreira, and are pretty hesitant to recommend him until more show up. Do you know of another forum with more of Ferreira's results?

Really? I remember seeing not a few  finished cases by Ferreira in that forum... cant say for sure anyway, I wasnt that interested in him, was mainly looking for De Freitas cases, he has a lot, and is known in other forums as well -  the german, the italian and more.   I really think he is a better choice.

26 minutes ago, karatekid said:

in other forums as well -  the german, the italian and more

The only forum that can be trusted is HRN, leave other forums alone.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:32 PM, TorontoMan said:

I’m happy I didn’t have enough money the first time I consulted with a random doctor Downtown Toronto. He had a proper clinic but was a general plastic surgeon and had little to no experience with transplants, he would have done fucked my shit up. At the time I was sold and convinced with them. But when they hit me the 12k price tag, I realized I couldn’t get it done yet. Eventually I started researching, and realized that if I was able to get it then, he would have seriously fucked me up. Not even him, his artras machine and a tech 

Is this the doctor on Bloor ? With the plastic face ?

There are forums, which are not forums, but real businesses that are paid handsomely by many clinics or surgeons on conditions that are promoted compared to others, in what way?  By deleting the threads of discontented patients of their procedures and also the patients are banned from one day to the next, without letting anyone know, the patient only realizes that he can no longer access the forum, this does not happen on HNR.  Private posts between members are prohibited on these forums, it doesn't happen on HRN.  On these forums it is forbidden to mention other forums or post links that link to them, on HRN this does not happen.  On these forums no comparison can be made between one surgeon and another, or a member cannot recommend a surgeon to another member, on HRN this does not happen, on these forums the moderators are also consultants of the surgeons, on HRN this does not happen  .  It is enough for you @giegnosiganoe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Egy said:

There are forums, which are not forums, but real businesses that are paid handsomely by many clinics or surgeons on conditions that are promoted compared to others, in what way?  By deleting the threads of discontented patients of their procedures and also the patients are banned from one day to the next, without letting anyone know, the patient only realizes that he can no longer access the forum, this does not happen on HNR.  Private posts between members are prohibited on these forums, it doesn't happen on HRN.  On these forums it is forbidden to mention other forums or post links that link to them, on HRN this does not happen.  On these forums no comparison can be made between one surgeon and another, or a member cannot recommend a surgeon to another member, on HRN this does not happen, on these forums the moderators are also consultants of the surgeons, on HRN this does not happen  .  It is enough for you @giegnosiganoe

Wow is all I can say, I really have no clue how other places operate, but that’s shocking.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

The key is adequate research and doing your homework...eventually things will start to fall in place...there will be consistency in the benefits as well as the risks.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 11:23 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

That’s true. I notice some people researching yelp, which for restaurants is okay, but hair transplants, that’s crazy. I really wish more people knew about this site, it would really help, hell, you can see good results in any budget, but the key is through research.

Most of the doctors on this site are great but when I showed my pics to a leading hair transplant surgeon in Spain he was surprised by the lack of density  on my hair considering that I had 5300 grafts which was   done  by two doctors recommended on this site. I'm curious to know  how do doctors that are recommended here keep their membership going year after year   as some of them have been members for 10 + years?  Do they send photos of their work  on a yearly basis just to show that they are still  achieving the  same results that are expected  and required by this website so that we as researchers can put our trust in them? 

Edited by Jaxl

If people could consider how much difference a good looking hair transplant can make, they won't question the price. Think of all the new opportunities in terms of financial gains and self confidence with a good transplant. You will make much more financial gains simply on account of your looks. Yes looks do matter, good looking people are paid higher. So that can recover a lot of money for you. Please understand it is Ur face, the first impression on people, so you would rather not buy an expensive car and spend more on hair. I can't stress enough the importance of looks.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Runandy said:

Is there any financial transaction from any of the recommended clinics on here to continue to be on the recommended list?

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/our-hair-restoration-physicians.asp

View my thread

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, NAVI said:

If people could consider how much difference a good looking hair transplant can make, they won't question the price. Think of all the new opportunities in terms of financial gains and self confidence with a good transplant. You will make much more financial gains simply on account of your looks. Yes looks do matter, good looking people are paid higher. So that can recover a lot of money for you. Please understand it is Ur face, the first impression on people, so you would rather not buy an expensive car and spend more on hair. I can't stress enough the importance of looks.

That’s a bit debatable, but on average, yes hair does matter. That said, the richest man in the world is bald. 

View my thread

47 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That’s a bit debatable, but on average, yes hair does matter. That said, the richest man in the world is bald. 

And that's why not every girl will come to him.lol.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Runandy said:

Melvin the answer is yes. 
To support the costs of operating and promoting our community the physician contributes a monthly fee to sponsor this community.

Why do you think I sent you the link? It’s common knowledge. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Jaxl said:

@Melvin the moderator. So I don't get a reply? 😬

We rely heavily on our community of patients to ensure doctors are maintaining good work, as well as viewing their results regularly. We recently removed two surgeons due to complaints on the forum from members. It’s well documented. What separates us from any other organization is that we operate as democracy rather than one overseer. 

• Like 1

View my thread