3000 Grafts - Dr. Koray Erdogan - ASMED - 17.08.2018

munich

10 minutes ago, xadiohead said:

It obviously looks very gappy in these pictures but the way you have your hair styled in these pictures is weird.  Do you really wear your hair like that in public?  The picture you posted on Saturday "getting out of bed" post looks better than the way you have it styled in these.  

It shows the lacking density behind the hairline, when he styles his hair it will look see through and pluggy because of this. 

• Like 1

Hello,

this is looks very similar to mine at this point in time.

hairline doesn’t look too bad, but behind the hairline is terrible. Behind the hairline is just as important as it gives the illusion of density when you style your hair.

im hoping both ours will improve. I went to This clinic due to the positive reviews, and to be honest the fact they used slightly higher grafts, so I thought I would have higher density .

cannot believe We are looking at a sub par result after spending a considerable amount of money. 

Edited by Kraistoff

1 hour ago, xadiohead said:

It obviously looks very gappy in these pictures but the way you have your hair styled in these pictures is weird.  Do you really wear your hair like that in public?  The picture you posted on Saturday "getting out of bed" post looks better than the way you have it styled in these.  

Of course i try not to wear my hair like on the photos, but I have to leave my hair long to hide these huge gaps. Dr. Koray promises a density of 50 grafts per sqm. Why should I be satisfied with 10 grafts per sqm? The problem is even with styled hair you can look through my hairline and this shouldn't be after 3000 grafts. Moreover i try to show you real photos of my problems. Nothing with hair fibers, dark light or concealer to fake a result for nice comments. 

42 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Hello,

this is looks very similar to mine at this point in time.

hairline doesn’t look too bad, but behind the hairline is terrible. Behind the hairline is just as important as it gives the illusion of density when you style your hair.

im hoping both ours will improve. I went to This clinic due to the positive reviews, and to be honest the fact they used slightly higher grafts, so I thought I would have higher density .

cannot believe We are looking at a sub par result after spending a considerable amount of money. 

yeah bro i hope we can laugh about our problems in the future, but the chances aren't high. I was a absolute fan of Dr. Koray and saved money 4 yours only to get my hair transplant by him. Asmed was my absolute No.1 choice.

I wish i could say another things, but the current results aren't the money worth.

I'm hoping you all turn out well because I am only at the 2 months post asmed mark.  I certainly agree this isn't a good result behind the hairline, it's just hard to really grasp it with those pictures of the hair in weird directions.  

It's not just about the money, this is a major life issue for most of us trying to deal with this through work.  The lengthy travel, shaving of the head, months of redness, constantly wearing hats, constantly looking in the mirror for growth etc.   Right now I have no reason to complain as it is too early, but have a feeling I am going to be in the same position in 6 months as you all.  

10 hours ago, xadiohead said:

I'm hoping you all turn out well because I am only at the 2 months post asmed mark.  I certainly agree this isn't a good result behind the hairline, it's just hard to really grasp it with those pictures of the hair in weird directions.  

It's not just about the money, this is a major life issue for most of us trying to deal with this through work.  The lengthy travel, shaving of the head, months of redness, constantly wearing hats, constantly looking in the mirror for growth etc.   Right now I have no reason to complain as it is too early, but have a feeling I am going to be in the same position in 6 months as you all.  

The latest asmed trend is really not good, but it doesn't mean that they can't produce good results. I think it depends on what tech team you get. After 6 months I noticed that I get very uneven growth and only the hairline has grown. Now I'm reaching the 9 Month mark and compared to the 6 Month I got probably  10% regrowth. 

The complete density takes at least 12 months to show up. I, personally experienced a deeply satisfying density within 14 months. 

I think that you should take a high protein diet, use hair specific multivitamins and also keep some more patience for the coming months. The phase from the transplant till the final density does make it difficult for all the patients to be satisfied.

There is also the cyclic shedding that contributes to the visuals and the "ugly duckling' phase does have it's frustrations. However, you should judge the final results only after 12 months of completion after the procedure. 

Wishing you the best in the coming months. Don't be distressed. 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys..Now I'm 9,5 months post op and I would like to give you a short update. I contacted asmed with some pictures and they said that everything looks good, but I don't share their opinion. What do you think? How much grafts will I need? I suggest 1000 🤔

The density behind the hairline is my biggest problem and I started to look after a very good surgeon to fix this. I know that is isn't the full result, but to be honest...I have not seen any  remarkable growth since 3,5 months. I can't imagine that i will get the real implanted density in the next 2,5 months. 

Asmed offered me a free touch up in case i should be dissatisfied after 12 months. I will think about that after I heard opinions of other surgeons, but after the recent results here i think this isn't a real option for me. I lost too much trust in their work. 

Front.jpg

left side.jpg

right side.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 2:12 AM, munich said:

Hey Guys..Now I'm 9,5 months post op and I would like to give you a short update. I contacted asmed with some pictures and they said that everything looks good, but I don't share their opinion. What do you think? How much grafts will I need? I suggest 1000 🤔

The density behind the hairline is my biggest problem and I started to look after a very good surgeon to fix this. I know that is isn't the full result, but to be honest...I have not seen any  remarkable growth since 3,5 months. I can't imagine that i will get the real implanted density in the next 2,5 months. 

Asmed offered me a free touch up in case i should be dissatisfied after 12 months. I will think about that after I heard opinions of other surgeons, but after the recent results here i think this isn't a real option for me. I lost too much trust in their work. 

Front.jpg

left side.jpg

right side.jpg

We have pretty much identical results. After comparing mine to a lot of other doctors I feel like iv wasted a lot of grafts as other docs seem to yield denser or similar results using only half the amount of grafts. I too don't think I could return to the same clinic as I don't want to waste any more grafts. Such a tough decision as it is gonna cost a lot of money to put right elsewhere, but can you put a price on grafts you'll never get back again?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys, 

Yesterday I reached my 10-month mark and I would like to show you my current status. 

These photos were taken in normal light in my living room. I was told that I only take my photos under very harsh light, but now you can see that my status looks bad even in normal light. I have to wear my hair down so I can hide this bad density. 

I am still very dissatisfied with the growth rate and have already consulted new surgeons. Still waiting for answers, but some have said that at least 1000 Grafts will be needed for correction. It's unbelievable that asmed said that my result would be good. 

IMG_20190613_154314.jpg

IMG_20190618_191548.jpg

IMG_20190618_191621.jpg

• Administrators

I see your concerns, can you send me a private message with your name and surgery date. I will reach out to Dr. Erdogan.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hello one and all,

Im am very new to this forum but have been looking to have a Ht for a few years now in Istanbul but I'm finding it so difficult to make my choice, I have had consultations with 3 clinics now, Asmed 2 years ago but I really wanted to see Dr Koroy as I mentioned when booking but disappointingly didn't get to see him hence putting me off, There are really so many clinics there showing you great reviews and very good results omg what a mine field this is!! I have just recently been to Istanbul once again to try and finally find the right clinic and take the plunge......My last consultation was at Dr Cinik HT clinic very close to Acibadem Fulya hospital where I had some Dentistry done which didn't turn out good so I am so apprehensive and somewhat nervous to try and find the right Clinic and doctor to get the best result and actually give a little of there time before taking your money, I have also read that Dr Resul Yaman is very good at least I have narrowed it down to 3 now Dr Erdogan Dr clinic Dr Resul.... Any help!! on the right choice would be much appreciated.

17 hours ago, wheredoigo said:

Hello one and all,

Im am very new to this forum but have been looking to have a Ht for a few years now in Istanbul but I'm finding it so difficult to make my choice, I have had consultations with 3 clinics now, Asmed 2 years ago but I really wanted to see Dr Koroy as I mentioned when booking but disappointingly didn't get to see him hence putting me off, There are really so many clinics there showing you great reviews and very good results omg what a mine field this is!! I have just recently been to Istanbul once again to try and finally find the right clinic and take the plunge......My last consultation was at Dr Cinik HT clinic very close to Acibadem Fulya hospital where I had some Dentistry done which didn't turn out good so I am so apprehensive and somewhat nervous to try and find the right Clinic and doctor to get the best result and actually give a little of there time before taking your money, I have also read that Dr Resul Yaman is very good at least I have narrowed it down to 3 now Dr Erdogan Dr clinic Dr Resul.... Any help!! on the right choice would be much appreciated.

Make your own thread don’t hijack someone else’s 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wheredoigo said:

Hello one and all,

Welcome aboard mate. There is plenty of information on the forums for you to research that can help with the above questions; So I would start there.

Also, you need to be aware that it's not cool to hijack someone else's thread and will likely not get you the type of helpful response you desire.

My advice is go and do a few hours research (minimum) on the existing threads and then come back and start your own. 

On 6/19/2019 at 1:34 AM, munich said:

Hello Guys, 

Yesterday I reached my 10-month mark and I would like to show you my current status. 

These photos were taken in normal light in my living room. I was told that I only take my photos under very harsh light, but now you can see that my status looks bad even in normal light. I have to wear my hair down so I can hide this bad density. 

I am still very dissatisfied with the growth rate and have already consulted new surgeons. Still waiting for answers, but some have said that at least 1000 Grafts will be needed for correction. It's unbelievable that asmed said that my result would be good. 

IMG_20190613_154314.jpg

IMG_20190618_191548.jpg

IMG_20190618_191621.jpg

I can see what you mean and there is definitely some density issues. I feel like this may have also contributed to the hairline looking slightly"off". Sorry to see you are unhappy brother, I cannot imagine how frustrating it must be.

On a more positive note, you have really amazing hair and I'm sure if you go and see someone else (please find a stick and place doc) you will have a truly incredible result. 

On 6/19/2019 at 2:46 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I see your concerns, can you send me a private message with your name and surgery date. I will reach out to Dr. Erdogan.

It would be really interesting to have the Doctor come on the forum for an AMA (seeing as this forum would've definitely been instrumental in his business growth over the years).

I am sure I am not alone in wanting some answers as to why we have witnessed a noticeable decline in the results coming out of Asmed post late 2017. 

Asmed has always been hit or miss. Not as bad as Doganay but certainly have seen some really disheartening work from them over the years. My guess is that it's because of the higher volume and tech turnover -- ie surgeon might be the same but the techs vary over time.

It would be nice if people posting their experiences in Europe/Asia noted who the techs were, as they are so instrumental.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bismarck said:

Asmed has always been hit or miss. Not as bad as Doganay but certainly have seen some really disheartening work from them over the years. My guess is that it's because of the higher volume and tech turnover -- ie surgeon might be the same but the techs vary over time.

It would be nice if people posting their experiences in Europe/Asia noted who the techs were, as they are so instrumental.

I agree with your second point. I actually requested a particular tech when I was booked in with Asmed a while back (had read she was the go-to) but was told this was not possible, i.e. you get who you're given...Russian roulette basically. 

I wouldn't go near a tech driven place any more, it's just way too risky. If the doc is not heavily involved (no more than 2 patients a day) then I wouldn't even consider them. My preference is for the doc to do the entire procedure; which I understand costs a lot more but gives peace of mind. Witnessing the failed outcomes over the years I would rather save up and wait to give me the highest chance of success.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jamothee said:

It would be really interesting to have the Doctor come on the forum for an AMA (seeing as this forum would've definitely been instrumental in his business growth over the years).

I am sure I am not alone in wanting some answers as to why we have witnessed a noticeable decline in the results coming out of Asmed post late 2017. 

5 hours ago, Jamothee said:

I agree with your second point. I actually requested a particular tech when I was booked in with Asmed a while back (had read she was the go-to) but was told this was not possible, i.e. you get who you're given...Russian roulette basically. 

I wouldn't go near a tech driven place any more, it's just way too risky. If the doc is not heavily involved (no more than 2 patients a day) then I wouldn't even consider them. My preference is for the doc to do the entire procedure; which I understand costs a lot more but gives peace of mind. Witnessing the failed outcomes over the years I would rather save up and wait to give me the highest chance of success.

Im sorry to here your dissapointment and yes i can clearly see its not what you would expect from ASMED also comsidering hes 4 times the Cost!! of most clinice in istanbil hes was at the top of my list for Ht but now i have to seriously reconsider wishing you the best of health and  luck with a resolution. Arthur

• Like 1

Hi,

may I ask what are the costs for the surgery at this clinics?

I want to have a hair transplantation and consider at the moment 3 different clinics, this here could be the fourth. But it is very difficult finding any price ranges for this clinics. You can also send me a privat message.

Thanks a lot.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:03 AM, wheredoigo said:

Im sorry to here your dissapointment and yes i can clearly see its not what you would expect from ASMED also comsidering hes 4 times the Cost!! of most clinice in istanbil hes was at the top of my list for Ht but now i have to seriously reconsider wishing you the best of health and  luck with a resolution. Arthur

May I ask which clinics you are considering at the moment?

Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm 10.5 month post op and it is sure a failure. I haven't got a hairline and my temples are empty like pre op. Can't style my hair and have to wear it down. If I would have the choice again then I wouldn't go to asmed. 

Any ideas what I can do? A touch up by asmed isn't a option for me. 

IMG_20190703_130829.jpg

IMG_20190703_130844.jpg

• Sad 1