3000 Grafts - Dr. Koray Erdogan - ASMED - 17.08.2018

munich

Mods

Can you please ask Dr Erdogan to address this, I am very interested in what he has to say.

This is a huge failure.

Munich

I feel for you brother. Consult with some other surgeons and get some opinions and then you can plan how to proceed.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 7:18 AM, kw877 said:

I’m sorry :( I’m going through the same thing and also don’t want to waste more grafts at the same clinic. It’s so draining

Dont waste your time consulting with asmed. What's done is done cant go back. It's good that you dont want to go back there it's not like it's a one off they're consistently producing your type of results. Just get to 12 months and get some consultations done with docs that actually give a crapp and dont have 6 7 8 patients a day, looking  back its ridiculous to think they were a viable option for me. Good news is it's not a botch and I guarantee to you if you take this step very carefully you'll be laughing at the end of it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys in 3.5 weeks I will reach my final 12 month mark and share some pictures and a final feedback with you. 

Today I tried to measure the density in the recipient area. I know it isn't a professional method, but it's still sure that the implanted density doesn't even come close to the 50 Grafts per sqm. 

In the picture I show you one of my measuring points in the left temple area. 

IMG_20190723_180338.jpg

• Sad 3

On 7/23/2019 at 12:23 PM, munich said:

Hey guys in 3.5 weeks I will reach my final 12 month mark and share some pictures and a final feedback with you. 

Today I tried to measure the density in the recipient area. I know it isn't a professional method, but it's still sure that the implanted density doesn't even come close to the 50 Grafts per sqm. 

IMG_20190723_180338.jpg

Exactly like mine. There’s no chance I’m wasting any more grafts with touch ups there. I already had a crazy amount for just a hairline, another 1000 would be outrageous. 

On 7/23/2019 at 9:23 AM, munich said:

IMG_20190723_180338.jpg

Wht the f are they doing over there in Turkey. Should be ashamed.

• Like 1

How much did the procedure cost. I’m looking into repair work as my surgery went completely wrong. I know the feeling of a bad result and unfortunately the victim of a bad HT. All the best in your journey! 

• 5 months later...
On 3/23/2019 at 8:12 PM, abysmo said:

Hi Munich,

3000 grafts in ASMED and this is me after 7.5 months. I'm in a much worse condition. I can even say that I am the worst result I have ever seen by ASMED after 7 months. Waiting for a miracle here...

20190323_220905.jpg

Ufff, so sad to see this.

ASMED does not have a solution or turn back. Years ago Koray was a great doctor, now he has become a great businessman. It is a pity that a doctor as good as he was has abandoned the patients and only worries about billing and making money

And it is no longer just this forum where disasters are appearing but in any hair transplant forum especially in Italy and Spain: BelliCapelli in Italy or RecoverElPelo in Spain

It is a pity that patients have to suffer this and that they destroy our hopes and in many cases our donor area.

Good luck when looking for a doctor to make a repair.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 7:34 PM, munich said:

Hello Guys, 

Yesterday I reached my 10-month mark and I would like to show you my current status. 

These photos were taken in normal light in my living room. I was told that I only take my photos under very harsh light, but now you can see that my status looks bad even in normal light. I have to wear my hair down so I can hide this bad density. 

I am still very dissatisfied with the growth rate and have already consulted new surgeons. Still waiting for answers, but some have said that at least 1000 Grafts will be needed for correction. It's unbelievable that asmed said that my result would be good. 

IMG_20190613_154314.jpg

IMG_20190618_191548.jpg

IMG_20190618_191621.jpg

Hope you can solve what they have done to you in ASMED. What a pity!

It is clear that Koray has not operated on you despite the fact that people travel to this clinic by the name of this doctor who years ago was a good surgeon. Now he has SCHOLARS doing his job while he makes the big bucks and so results as this one are coming out too often : (

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

*Watch 2:40 onwards on the 2nd video to see his hairline without toppik.*

Yeah this British reviewer says it all had a surgery with asmed and received a patchy seethrough hairline, received a top up of 1602 grafts which in itself is some people’s whole transplant procedure but for this guy it was a ‘top up’. 

Hoped the top up would fix the hairline but it didn’t, so for you guys wondering if you should take up the top up offer I’d think otherwise . Btw I’ve been watching this guys videos for a while and it seems he has deleted some videos showing his progress.

*HE WEARS TOPPIK ON HIS HAIRLINE FOR THE VIDEOS*

Choosing a right surgeon is like walking a minefield especially when you are confused by the increase of negative reviews. I myself am still deciding on who to go with and I understand every surgeon will have some bad results but when it’s getting more and more common as it is with Asmed then it’s only natural to cause concern to people looking to invest 4x-7x more than the standard surgeon in Europe.

Overall I’m not saying Asmed don’t do good results (they have some of the best ones I’ve seen) but I’ve been seeing a drop in quality and an increase in transection on different forums lately. 

Edited by Min12
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

My apologies to you that you didn't get a good result. I already posted in this thread before but I went to Asmed three years ago in 2017 and had 4000 grafts and personally I am happy with the result (not mind-blowing out of this world, but I am satisfied). However back then Asmed was pumping out some really good results from patients on this forum, nearly everyone who posted had a home-run. I'm not sure what has changed in the last year or so. Maybe the new technicians they have aren't up to standard and need more training before operating on people. Maybe the Doctor should refuse more patients if they consider them a bad candidate instead of taking the money and doing an operation that they know is a gamble. I don't know the answer but the people at their clinic took really good care me and were ever so friendly it's just a shame to see a lot more unhappy patients with poor results on this forum. 

• 2 months later...

Hey, guys, 
this will be my last contribution regarding my hair transplantation at Asmed. I now had a new hair transplant in which the fail of Asmed should now be fixed. There were 1000 grafts transplanted in the frontal area. 

In the opinion of the clinic, Asmed made big mistakes. Not only the rate of growth was not good, but also the angles of the grafts. 

In total, Asmed's growth rate was 60-70% and the density was 30 grafts/sq cm. (Asmed claimed a growth rate of >90% and a density of 50 grafts/sqcm)

The whole thing confirmed my opinion that it was the right step to reject the touch up at Asmed.

Since I don't want to have a discussion with the Asmed fans I will not continue this thread. Nevertheless you are welcome to exchange private messages.

• Administrators

Who did your second procedure? You should share your journey on here.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, munich said:

Hey, guys, 
this will be my last contribution regarding my hair transplantation at Asmed. I now had a new hair transplant in which the fail of Asmed should now be fixed. There were 1000 grafts transplanted in the frontal area. 

In the opinion of the clinic, Asmed made big mistakes. Not only the rate of growth was not good, but also the angles of the grafts. 

In total, Asmed's growth rate was 60-70% and the density was 30 grafts/sq cm. (Asmed claimed a growth rate of >90% and a density of 50 grafts/sqcm)

The whole thing confirmed my opinion that it was the right step to reject the touch up at Asmed.

Since I don't want to have a discussion with the Asmed fans I will not continue this thread. Nevertheless you are welcome to exchange private messages.

Very curious as who did your recent procedure?

• 2 years later...
On 8/29/2020 at 8:40 PM, LonelyGraft said:

Very curious as who did your recent procedure?

HLC Ankara..I'm now very happy after they fixed my first failed HT