Caucasian Blonde 2500 FUE Dr. Bhatti *Tracker*

Lennney

BTW @Lennney my biotin and finastride stock ( from Bhatti's ) is going to finish in 1 week 

Do you have a name of biotin brand i can now purchase ( stock for next 6 months )

Do you know how/where to buy finastride ( propecia ) in Canada , I think it needs doctors referral first, only then i could go to drug stores and buy it 

3 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

BTW @Lennney my biotin and finastride stock ( from Bhatti's ) is going to finish in 1 week 

Do you have a name of biotin brand i can now purchase ( stock for next 6 months )

Do you know how/where to buy finastride ( propecia ) in Canada , I think it needs doctors referral first, only then i could go to drug stores and buy it 

Nutricost Biotin (Vitamin B7) 10,000mcg, 240 Capsules - Gluten Free, Non-GMO https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AMJCHB8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_xOYEDbZSQ0MGC

Nature's Bounty Folic Acid 800 mcg Tablets Maximum Strength 250 ea https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HRVSP2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_fPYEDbF60AKKT

The folic acid is a dry, pressed-pill. Very tiny. It's easy to take and doesn't taste like anything, but it does begin to dissolve if you don't swallow immediately. I am currently taking 2 per day.

I think you may be out of luck, and you'll have to go in person for a prescription for fin. Isn't it essentially free for you guys? I found another stash I had from India. So I got 30*4 plus another 30*4 and maybe 90. So I got about 2/3 of a year of fin on me right now. I just got to plan another visit to Mexico for a top-up in 6 months.

You could play the dumb Canadian card.... Show up with Bhatti's care notes and say that's what your doc (Bhatti) said should work. Tell them it's for your HT you got in India. It could work, or it could just help you make an appointment. Just be surprised (not angry, just "oh, what, really? oh man, I thought this was enough.") Confusion and apology may be enough for something as innocent as fin. But once you have a prescription, I saw plenty of Canadian pharmacies online. I still think it'll be less if you just pick it up from a local pharmacy. I don't think it's $2 a 5mg pill in person (like if is online).

Edited by Lennney
Folic acid dose added
  • Thanks 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

• Administrators

Do you notice a difference with the folic acid?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:45 AM, Lennney said:

I think you may be out of luck, and you'll have to go in person for a prescription for fin. Isn't it essentially free for you guys? I found another stash I had from India. So I got 30*4 plus another 30*4 and maybe 90. So I got about 2/3 of a year of fin on me right now. I just got to plan another visit to Mexico for a top-up in 6 months.

Lazy ass, I didn't go n checked on amazon ...... I end up buying from walmart shelf here lol

Jamieson biotin gummies - it says take two per day, for healthy hair, skin , nails :)  for $14 i think per box.

https://www.vitamart.ca/Jamieson-High-Potency-Biotin-Gummies-100-Gummies.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw8ZHsBRA6EiwA7hw_se4aHrfQLG8VNvy-fk8i72YGeeFerY5d-HJnrLQWv2w5C2G3XwzLJRoCd5gQAvD_BwE

Jamieson is a good brand for meds.... 

re: finastride, pharmacy told me i need doctor's prescription which i am contemplating if required or may be just stop it forever from now onwards.... 6 months was enough 

thanks Lennney

I took photos today, and I'll probably take photos tomorrow after I expect to get a haircut. I did the coconut oil treatment yesterday. My hair felt amazing. I think I'll start doing it twice a week or so. I ended up heating coconut oil for 20 seconds, then applying it. I left it in for about 40 minutes or so. I washed with shampoo and conditioner (I still only use shampoo 2 times a week or so). I haven't showered since the day before. In my opinion I think my hair looks great right now. I am not sure if I should start to grow my hair longer, but we'll see. I still have the thinning in my mid scalp. I'm still only applying minox every 3 days or so. With how dense my hair is, it takes too long to dry. I also commute on motorcycle, so my hair gets the helmet hair look + the minox gel-like texture. It's not too flattering, so I have been reluctant to apply it before I leave. I think I need to get better about applying it when I return home, before bed.

sept201.jpg

sept202.jpg

sept203.jpg

sept204.jpg

• Like 1

Airfare guide

On 9/18/2019 at 7:52 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Do you notice a difference with the folic acid?

I have no idea. I am taking the increased dose of biotin, 2x (10,000mcg), and taking 1/3 of the dose of Folic Acid, (1,600mcg). Maybe it's a net equal haha.

4 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

Lazy ass, I didn't go n checked on amazon ...... I end up buying from walmart shelf here lol

Jamieson biotin gummies - it says take two per day, for healthy hair, skin , nails :)  for $14 i think per box.

https://www.vitamart.ca/Jamieson-High-Potency-Biotin-Gummies-100-Gummies.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw8ZHsBRA6EiwA7hw_se4aHrfQLG8VNvy-fk8i72YGeeFerY5d-HJnrLQWv2w5C2G3XwzLJRoCd5gQAvD_BwE

Jamieson is a good brand for meds.... 

re: finastride, pharmacy told me i need doctor's prescription which i am contemplating if required or may be just stop it forever from now onwards.... 6 months was enough 

thanks Lennney

I also don't recommend you going off of fin. I mean, you could order it online for a greater cost, before you figure out your prescription. But I do think you should at least wean yourself off of fin. Do a month of .5-.75 a day, then a month of .5 every 2 days or .25 a day. Then maybe do perpetual .25 every other day. But I don't think stopping is the way to go.

Each biotin gummy is 1250mcg for 2500 per serving. In USD, it's $12.40 for 100 gummies each at 1250. There are 125,000 mcg per $12.40, or $0.0992 per mg. 

Currently that natures bounty is on a slight sale, ($4.83 vs 5.05). I will still assume a 5.05 cost in case the sale doesn't last long enough for you to see. There are 250 pills, each at 800mcg. There are 200,000 mcg in the bottle. $0.02525 per mg. It is just about 4x less expensive.

Maybe in a month or so you'll want more, I still recommend looking on Amazon. I am fully stocked for everything, for next 4+ months. Only thing I need more of is fenugreek, I only have about 1.5 months.

I know you had more hair loss and had it addressed, but the native hair you had will thank you if you remain on some dose of fin.

• Thanks 1

Airfare guide

38 minutes ago, Lennney said:

My hair felt amazing. I think I'll start doing it twice a week or so. I ended up heating coconut oil for 20 seconds, then applying it.

I could see the difference - shine, conditioning, strengthening right after coconut oil..... if we use it regularly for years, i think its also one of the game changers that many ppl don't realize. same with rice water ( old ancient technique from chinese villages) 

7 minutes ago, Lennney said:

I know you had more hair loss and had it addressed, but the native hair you had will thank you if you remain on some dose of fin.

agreed Lennney, i am going to walk in for prescription this weekend, then walmart pharmacy could sell me propecia 1 mg 

its just going to be a gap of 3-4 days of no finas after 6 months of continued use - i hope that shouldn't impact much :(

1 minute ago, HLPToronto said:

agreed Lennney, i am going to walk in for prescription this weekend, then walmart pharmacy could sell me propecia 1 mg 

its just going to be a gap of 3-4 days of no finas after 6 months of continued use - i hope that shouldn't impact much :(

Yeah, I would only start getting seriously concerned if it was more than 2 weeks. Great to hear your plans. Keep us updated! I want to see photo proof of your pills!

• Like 1

Airfare guide

15 minutes ago, Lennney said:

Yeah, I would only start getting seriously concerned if it was more than 2 weeks. Great to hear your plans. Keep us updated! I want to see photo proof of your pills!

Have you noticed any enhancements from fin? I’ve been debating about trying it and have it on hand, just wonder if it helps improve or Make hair feel better(if that’s makes sense)

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Have you noticed any enhancements from fin? I’ve been debating about trying it and have it on hand, just wonder if it helps improve or Make hair feel better(if that’s makes sense)

I have no idea haha! I think for softness you're going to have to look for biotin, folic acid, and coconut oil. I think the more helpful person to ask is @hairlossPA and his post:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/53087-finasteride-results-6-months/?tab=comments#comment-491749

My results are too mixed with my HT, so I don't have a clear answer. Perhaps hairlosspa could be a greater help.

Airfare guide

• Administrators

Man your hair is looking better by the day. Looking sharp with the haircut man 👍

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Here to post updates again. I got a haircut, and 5 days later I took these photos, on the 26th. I don't know if I will cut my hair down to this length, or if I will try to get it cut to a longer length (following post).

Sept261.jpg

Sept262.jpg

sept263.jpg

Sept264.jpg

Sept265.jpg

Airfare guide

And I took photos today. I did a coconut oil treatment earlier today and washed it out with shampoo and conditioner. No product or minox or anything. I genuinely enjoy the texture and feel of the hair post coconut oil, and I haven't had any negative (oily skin/pimples) reactions yet. I am still working on getting a good dose down. Two tablespoons is too much. One tablespoon is too much. I think I'll try to use one teaspoon. I microwave it for like 20-30 seconds, making sure its not too hot to apply before I liberally massage my head with it. I keep ending up with 4-10 fallen hairs (oh well), but also a shit ton of coconut oil left. 

I think this is more or less the ideal hair length for me. I noticed in top view I have some streaks of bald. It is most likely from my motorcycle helmet airflow path. Also the thinning, haha. It's not normally that bad. I checked today after that coconut shower, and my hair looked really full on top without the see-through shown here - much like the contrast of my crown in this pic vs the crown in pic above. Hair just looks better at this length and (coco oil) fullness.

Oct01.jpg

Oct02.jpg

Oct03.jpg

Oct04.jpg

Oct05.jpg

• Like 1

Airfare guide

On 9/28/2019 at 5:37 PM, adonix said:

Did you get an estimate how many grafts you have left?

Looking at your pattern, in about 3-4 years you may need another 4000 to fill in mid scalp and crown.

Great comment. It's good to think about what Bhatti told me about remaining grafts. He said I'll have at least 2700 more. I agree that I'll probably need about 3000 at the bare minimum, probably close to that 4000 you're guessing. If all goes to plan, I'll reevaluate my follicle position in 5 years. I want to ideally wait for more loss to where it either stabilizes or sheds "completely." I picked Bhatti because I know he has lots of experience with BHT. I don't know logistics, but I'll work with him when the time comes - I want to use at least 700, but ideally 1200+ BHT for the crown and nearby area. I know enough about the crowns reluctance to accept hair to know that I want to maximize my "attempts" to plant something there. I think I have enough beard and chest hair for the procedure, the only concern is the logistics and feasibility. Again, I don't want to concern myself with it too much right now, but believe me I've thought about the imminent HT. I genuinely appreciate and enjoy the hair I have, and I'm not trying to get caught up in the brutal chase. I always wanted to keep my procedures down to 2-3. I worry if I have one done in 3 years, I will probably get one 3 years after that, and again maybe 3-5 years after that.

Airfare guide

7 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I think in those last photos, you’ve found your ht hair styling “sweet-spot” Lenny! 👍🏻

Yeah, I need to take pics I think in a week. That will be my 9 month mark. I am curious to see how the length progresses. I think this length is nice because it's lower maintenance than short hair which I always feel I need to check/adjust, and it's somewhat professional, while also not being too long to show density differences. I think as long as the hair can somewhat stand on it's own is ideal. When it begins to lie down is when it's time for a haircut. Thanks Cosmo! 

Airfare guide

4 minutes ago, Lennney said:

Yeah, I need to take pics I think in a week. That will be my 9 month mark. I am curious to see how the length progresses. I think this length is nice because it's lower maintenance than short hair which I always feel I need to check/adjust, and it's somewhat professional, while also not being too long to show density differences. I think as long as the hair can somewhat stand on it's own is ideal. When it begins to lie down is when it's time for a haircut. Thanks Cosmo! 

You’re welcome Lenny!

Yeah, good point! I like my hair short but also medium length, not too long in the front where it becomes a hassle.

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2019 at 5:21 PM, rhal22 said:

thanks for sharing your journey! would you mind disclosing the recipient area size?

No problem, I enjoyed contributing. I owe my journey to this site, and sharing members that came before me.

Best pic I have of recipient is on page one of this thread. I took photos as I recovered, so there are some additional ones of recipient as it heals. Hope that answers the "size" question.

• Like 1

Airfare guide