Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Lennney said:

@HLPToronto Be sure to keep us posted on your own progress too, you'll be approaching 2 months this week I believe. **I'll preface this by saying that for me, the 2 month update was the worst** I looked not great at 2 months, but I knew it was part of the journey, so I never felt "down". All of the journey has been exciting, and I think I appreciate my recent growth even more because of it. For me it was also true that I looked worse at 2 months than I did before the HT. Glad you're feeling great with your progress!

Thanks Lennney ! Yes, I will be posting my updates with pics but I thought of collecting /capturing my own growth (almost every week) and post an update straight at 4 month mark.

That post should reflect 2 months, 3 months, 4 months update all at once ( personally I am taking pics for my own records almost daily) 

:) I am happy for your growth as 5-6 month is the real game changer for 90% of patients, so you should see a thick bush shortly . good luck 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mickeydw said:

Wow! That’s some impressive hair coming through!!

 

Hairs Looking the goods buddy!!👍👍 should be a home run next few months! 

Thanks man! I almost have to pinch myself and remember I'm only at 4 months. I've already come to terms with my hair if this is as good as it gets. Anything more is awesome, but even if it stops here (which would suck), I look so much better than I did before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HLPToronto said:

Thanks Lennney ! Yes, I will be posting my updates with pics but I thought of collecting /capturing my own growth (almost every week) and post an update straight at 4 month mark.

That post should reflect 2 months, 3 months, 4 months update all at once ( personally I am taking pics for my own records almost daily) 

:) I am happy for your growth as 5-6 month is the real game changer for 90% of patients, so you should see a thick bush shortly . good luck 

 

Yeah thanks for the well wishes! I completely understand posting worthwhile updates. Sometimes it's hard to see the growth as it progresses. It's nice to see it on a timeline. I'm going to compile similar pics and make a timeline at the 6 month and 12 month mark. HT is a personal journey, and I think your way (milestone update) is just as good as any. I personally wanted to create a profile that other blonde guys can look at. I haven't seen too many blonde guys here, with our thin hair characteristics. I also wanted to keep a momento I could show people of my journey.

Thanks for following me on the journey tho, it's really nice to see other members support one another.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lennney Although it is early days, I'm going to put my neck on the line and congratulate you in advance, because the new hair really does look like it's coming to life... and heck, there's still more months to go!

From the initial photos, I'll admit that even I wondered whether enough grafts had been used or not... but clearly, Dr Bhatti knows his stuff, and your faith in him was justified. The positive outlook must surely have helped.

It's looking great, and I look forward to seeing the future progress updates bro.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeftHook said:

@Lennney Although it is early days, I'm going to put my neck on the line and congratulate you in advance, because the new hair really does look like it's coming to life... and heck, there's still more months to go!

From the initial photos, I'll admit that even I wondered whether enough grafts had been used or not... but clearly, Dr Bhatti knows his stuff, and your faith in him was justified. The positive outlook must surely have helped.

It's looking great, and I look forward to seeing the future progress updates bro.

 

Thanks, I too hope the progress keeps coming. I see what other members were talking about with regards to density, and I respect their opinions. I've too seen other members use nearly twice the grafts for half the area I had covered.

I think it comes down to the surgeon. I'm not an professional who does estimating for a living, he is. Seeing Bhatti's portfolio, I trust him to make the decision, and get me the best result. Could density be low and I need another HT? Sure. Likewise, could density be just enough (and keep the donor maximized)? Sure.

I've seen the hair density chart (can't find it, but I'll reference it if I can) similar to the one below. Basically, you can't tell someone is thinning/balding if the hair is at a certain density. As long as it's above a certain amount, it's fine - anything more is "overkill", and doesn't necessarily improve the look. You take donor hair and yet you don't look bald in the donor... Once you add length to the equation, you can artificially raise the density as well. The only concern is the immediate hairline. As long as the hairline is thick, you have a lot more flexibility with density while achieving a not-bald look.

I know Bhatti catches some criticism for "not using enough" hair to cover an area. Speaking with him, it's because he'd rather be more conservative for the lifetime of the patient, and not run into a supply issue in the future. I could very well want more grafts after 1.5 years for the hairline, and if so, I would plan from there. But for now: I will keep positive and be patient for at least 1.5 years. 

I know for a certainty that I will fully bald in the future. My main concern is having enough donor when the time comes for additional HTs (and obviously having this HT come out well).

Thanks for the kind words. 

Screenshot_20190515-172252.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a haircut today. I went and washed my hair and took these pics. Day 130 I believe post op. I asked for the sides to be cut in half and to leave the top untouched. I got rid of the "halo" of hair that was all whacky.

may181.jpg

may182.jpg

may183.jpg

may184.jpg

may185.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:20 PM, HLPToronto said:

I also work in the corporate environment, even when you wear formals, a flat cap looks nice enough for any office environment my friend. I am wearing it whenever I go to the office just a few days in a month ( fortunately, I run my office stuff and personal business mostly from home ) . 

if I go to the office 10 days in a month, I have started going to another office location which is way less busy location, less people around  more and more. so practically i am just facing office people/my boss 4 days a month for next months and my boss is cool with the flat cap look..... she even said I look trendy in this :) so this is an option you should explore within your organization. 

I never had to ask, neither I will for any approval... when few close friends and co workers including my boss wondered about  the new look, i simply said that I decided to shave my head to fix my diffused thinning stage as they are aware,  and  I am trying some serious scalp therapies and medications, initial is shedding/redness phase due to minoxidil... so a flat cap is much better  :) with a smile on my face and no one bothered me anymore with other questions. 

its no ones business even at work to restrict you to not wear cap for sometime, it could be infection, religious ground, on humanitarian ground, no one should ask you about the flat cap.. or deny the right to wear it.... PLUS it really suits overall office attire. 

download.jpg

Guess who bought a $3 flat cap (on wish/geek after all shipping charges)! It came in just this week. Tell me what you guys think. I think I got it too late now, should have bought it sooner/before the HT. I am a starting my summer position which is business casual or slightly above, so I think I may go in without the hat for a while... Great advice though @HLPToronto .

Like I said, tell me what you guys think about the cap.

may186.jpg

may187.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With hair cut looks much better Lennney, all that is needed is a light sprinkle of hair fibers and no one would be the wiser, that is if you use them.

That type hat actually suits your facial features, me not so much bought one a while back to try an I went right back to my baseball 🧢.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

With hair cut looks much better Lennney, all that is needed is a light sprinkle of hair fibers and no one would be the wiser, that is if you use them.

That type hat actually suits your facial features, me not so much bought one a while back to try an I went right back to my baseball 🧢.

Thanks for feedback! I don't use hair fibres, and I don't think I will. I happened to have a receding hairline rather than thinning, so I never felt I had to use it. 

Appreciate the compliment for facial features!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lennney said:

Thanks for feedback! I don't use hair fibres, and I don't think I will. I happened to have a receding hairline rather than thinning, so I never felt I had to use it. 

Appreciate the compliment for facial features!

Sure!

I tried hair fibers and also don’t like them, too much of a mess and hassle.

👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those big hair fiber users out there, my surgeon mentioned that if using them, especially during the first year of regrowth, be sure to wash them out nightly. They’re so fine that they clog pores and can actually inhibit growth. Probably cause other issues as well if not washed out regularly. 

I was a huge user of Toppik and colored sprays (hence the screen name) prior to my HT. With 20 minutes of prep time I could do a great job concealing, but always felt the more I used the more I lost. Especially with the sprays. Maybe it was all in my head, but now I’m just being cautious going forward, and if I use anything I will be shampooing it out soon after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 135 post Op. Pics are all post shower, no product or medications in hair. 

may241.jpg

may242.jpg

may243.jpg

may244.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have an additional question, maybe I will post elsewhere if I don't get any traction here. 

I have a hair I've been keeping an eye on. It hasn't grown at all in last month or more. It looks healthy enough, no pus or ingrown look. But I've been watching it do nothing for a while, and I wonder if I should do anything about it. Does it need to be plucked? I already apply minoxidil to that and other recipient areas (that's the only topical medication I use).

Anyways, I'm really curious as to what you guys recommend I do, and what you would do with a hair that isn't growing.

may246.jpg

may247.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 7:27 PM, Lennney said:

Guess who bought a $3 flat cap (on wish/geek after all shipping charges)! It came in just this week. Tell me what you guys think. I think I got it too late now, should have bought it sooner/before the HT. I am a starting my summer position which is business casual or slightly above, so I think I may go in without the hat for a while... Great advice though @HLPToronto .

Like I said, tell me what you guys think about the cap.

may186.jpg

may187.jpg

Hey Lennney,

Looking sharp wearing this cap :)  I couldn't find any good ones like yours but end up buying 4 new caps by now lol.... 

By the way, your 4th month is coming out impressively.... waiting game is almost over but wait for me and  then we can throw our flat caps all together up in the air like new grads do lol.... 

Question that I never asked you before : did you also get some hairs on your crown or you are that lucky one with no need to fill the crown.

Happy growing ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 12:01 AM, SprayPaint said:

For those big hair fiber users out there, my surgeon mentioned that if using them, especially during the first year of regrowth, be sure to wash them out nightly. They’re so fine that they clog pores and can actually inhibit growth. Probably cause other issues as well if not washed out regularly. 

I was a huge user of Toppik and colored sprays (hence the screen name) prior to my HT. With 20 minutes of prep time I could do a great job concealing, but always felt the more I used the more I lost. Especially with the sprays. Maybe it was all in my head, but now I’m just being cautious going forward, and if I use anything I will be shampooing it out soon after. 

good points spray paint. Agreed with everything you said. Fibers makes you think you are loosing more than you actually are, it should just be kept for rare occasions and not become a part of our daily life. 

However , I ordered Dermmatch ( just arrived ) and will play with this first time. Heard its better than fibers but one concern for me is that I am only 2 months post transplant with pink scalp, some fine pimples, new hairs sprouting everyday, minoxidil and coconut oil ( baby oil finished ) ... 

Now If I put dermmatch, it might create issues on the sensitive scalp as its a concealer :( 

any advice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lennney said:

So I have an additional question, maybe I will post elsewhere if I don't get any traction here. 

I have a hair I've been keeping an eye on. It hasn't grown at all in last month or more. It looks healthy enough, no pus or ingrown look. But I've been watching it do nothing for a while, and I wonder if I should do anything about it. Does it need to be plucked? I already apply minoxidil to that and other recipient areas (that's the only topical medication I use).

Anyways, I'm really curious as to what you guys recommend I do, and what you would do with a hair that isn't growing.

may246.jpg

may247.jpg

good question Lennney as it exactly relates to my case. 

Based on my research and knowledge :

we shouldn't touch these small hairs that are staying " as is"  for a month or so. 

there are many experts telling about anagen phase and each and every hair will grow differently. Some comes out faster than others, especially some frontal ones.  I dont think we should forcibly remove them or use excess minodixil on that paticular area. Just let mother nature do its own thing..... its a complex brain wiring and blood circulation, If hair has come out this far... it should grow big  one day :) 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, looking at your 4th month pics, it seems like you are going for a homerun soon between 5-6 month timeline.

that is the game changer month as its still pink/redness for you which is about to start fading away now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HLPToronto said:

Hey Lennney,

Looking sharp wearing this cap :)  I couldn't find any good ones like yours but end up buying 4 new caps by now lol.... 

By the way, your 4th month is coming out impressively.... waiting game is almost over but wait for me and  then we can throw our flat caps all together up in the air like new grads do lol.... 

Question that I never asked you before : did you also get some hairs on your crown or you are that lucky one with no need to fill the crown.

Happy growing ! 

Haha, thanks for the complement. Like I said, I got this hat on "Geek" app (green lowercase g for symbol - also they have a referral program if you're interested that benefits both parties) and I can message you if you are still interested. I buy lots of goofy stuff there, as long as you don't mind the 1+ month shipping.

I didn't get any hairs past the frontal third of my head. I will eventually need to, but at this time, I don't have any issues. If I did have some early issues, I definitely think the minoxidil + finasteride are keeping it at bay. I am really not looking forward to the second HT when my Norwood eventually progresses to the 6-7.

13 minutes ago, HLPToronto said:

good question Lennney as it exactly relates to my case. 

Based on my research and knowledge :

we shouldn't touch these small hairs that are staying " as is"  for a month or so. 

there are many experts telling about anagen phase and each and every hair will grow differently. Some comes out faster than others, especially some frontal ones.  I dont think we should forcibly remove them or use excess minodixil on that paticular area. Just let mother nature do its own thing..... its a complex brain wiring and blood circulation, If hair has come out this far... it should grow big  one day :) 

 

Thanks for the input. I'll continue to keep an eye on him. 

11 minutes ago, HLPToronto said:

By the way, looking at your 4th month pics, it seems like you are going for a homerun soon between 5-6 month timeline.

that is the game changer month as its still pink/redness for you which is about to start fading away now...

Thanks! Month 5 is just around the corner! It seems like it has been both a very long time (in the sense that it feels like it's been a while since my HT) and a short time (only 4.5 months!). I'm very fortunate to have at least a nice base of early growth. This base gives me the confidence to go outside without worrying about what I look like (I was really "worried" during the ugly-duckling phase at 2weeks-2.5 months).

Best of luck in your own healing and growth! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lennney said:

Haha, thanks for the complement. Like I said, I got this hat on "Geek" app (green lowercase g for symbol - also they have a referral program if you're interested that benefits both parties) and I can message you if you are still interested. I buy lots of goofy stuff there, as long as you don't mind the 1+ month shipping.

I didn't get any hairs past the frontal third of my head. I will eventually need to, but at this time, I don't have any issues. If I did have some early issues, I definitely think the minoxidil + finasteride are keeping it at bay. I am really not looking forward to the second HT when my Norwood eventually progresses to the 6-7.

Thanks for the input. I'll continue to keep an eye on him. 

Thanks! Month 5 is just around the corner! It seems like it has been both a very long time (in the sense that it feels like it's been a while since my HT) and a short time (only 4.5 months!). I'm very fortunate to have at least a nice base of early growth. This base gives me the confidence to go outside without worrying about what I look like (I was really "worried" during the ugly-duckling phase at 2weeks-2.5 months).

Best of luck in your own healing and growth! 

If you could please PM me ,  I would love to explore on that site and order some good stuff from there ( I am a big amazon/online surfer and buys a lot of useless expensive stuff sometimes, but need to stop ) 

Good inputs from you here as always helps me track my progress accodingly, so thank you but one question :  I just finished  my 2 months and when I rub minox/massage gently my hair with oil - i see 5-10 small thin implanted baby hairs stick to my hands.. so it means shedding phase isn't over yet for me ? 

when do you start feeling all hairs are solid now and shedding post HT  and post minox is both over now ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HLPToronto said:

If you could please PM me ,  I would love to explore on that site and order some good stuff from there ( I am a big amazon/online surfer and buys a lot of useless expensive stuff sometimes, but need to stop ) 

Good inputs from you here as always helps me track my progress accodingly, so thank you but one question :  I just finished  my 2 months and when I rub minox/massage gently my hair with oil - i see 5-10 small thin implanted baby hairs stick to my hands.. so it means shedding phase isn't over yet for me ? 

when do you start feeling all hairs are solid now and shedding post HT  and post minox is both over now ?

I'll just ask instead of doing math, but you finished your 2 months- How many days are you post-op? I babied my hair and was essentially losing implanted hairs into my 2.5month mark. I think all of my hairs were rock solid by the 3 month mark. 

By the way, I am keeping up with the minox (I thought you were supposed to stay on minox 5% to the 6 month mark per Bhatti's post-op care).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes, I am on minoxidil too and not planning to quit anytime soon.... I meant to say the post minox. initial shedding phase as when we first time start applying it, it sheds hair also for 6-8 weeks by itself ( even if the patient had no HT )

Its my 68 th day today.... so not yet touched 3 months /2.5 month but shedding is there when i rub minox or oil  ( just gently)

I guess that shedding has reached it's last phase now as you said, its just a few small hairs... reducing by the day though 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 7:07 PM, HLPToronto said:

... I am only 2 months post transplant with pink scalp, some fine pimples, new hairs sprouting everyday, minoxidil and coconut oil ( baby oil finished ) ... 

Now If I put dermmatch, it might create issues on the sensitive scalp as its a concealer :( 

any advice 

@HLPToronto I would be super cautious to be putting anything on my scalp so soon after surgery. A natural shampoo, h2o, and fresh air were the only thing I let touch my hair and scalp for the first 4 months. Let the scalp recover and those little hairs start to grow without any junk in the way. Let nature take its course.

Just my two cents. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best wishes on your HT journey Lenney.

Your growth is looking really good now and will definately improve further.

........all the best.......

...........Paddy.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my 5(!) month (150 day) update. I am very excited with the growth I've experienced. The news with me is that I've officially started that position which required me to not wear a hat. They have a very strict dress code, so I don't think I could even wear my flat cap. I didn't want to wear it right away anyway, I wanted to see if I could play everything off as natural (but more thin than not balding) hair. I haven't felt any stares or glances towards my hair by my new coworkers. I also haven't felt anyone looking at my hair, maybe once by a single person earlier on, but not since.

I took some pics. As you should expect by now, this is freshly washed and air dried. I did drive with windows open, so my first 4 pics are all untouched from the wind. I did also "style" (haha) my hair as I do at work - I pat it uniform and try to remove any transparent areas through spreading my hair evenly. So what you see is the view my coworkers see. It is a full extension from my chest. I will continue to keep the format consistent, so you may compare (and I will compile 6 month progress for ease).

 

Jun81.jpg

Jun82.jpg

Jun83.jpg

Jun84.jpg

Jun85.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×