Caucasian Blonde 2500 FUE Dr. Bhatti *Tracker*

Lennney

And now I have the post haircut pics. I washed my hair (in photos above) to get rid of minox and to make my hair easier for the barber to cut. The photos below are post shower and simply towel and air dried. No product/minox and no styling.

July131post.thumb.jpg.05e7f22d01f7018dd64b2177164af8d7.jpgJuly132post.thumb.jpg.175fbbd9c875b99c0178798e12333650.jpgJuly133post.thumb.jpg.bba3b1bffabcc34a3b8db47f32cd3e26.jpgJuly134post.thumb.jpg.4de848290ba3a66b6522c3af41e30d27.jpg

The pics below are styled how I would before I go to work. Again, I normally use minox to hold the style, but I didn't use it here.July135post.thumb.jpg.2e0eb9bfaff38c9471a7a43f43cc95c6.jpgJuly136post.thumb.jpg.239f166d567b002a2ed88fdace6b73af.jpgJuly137post.thumb.jpg.0dae40a1c84988ad3594e998b6430613.jpgJuly138post.thumb.jpg.2617b2be97aea37941cc2f58d4f0f744.jpg

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

Here is my donor post haircut. I didn't update in a long time, but I figured it's not worth mentioning (which I think is good). July139post.thumb.jpg.acc3881ccda7997b9e8c129fc3055027.jpg

The real bummer is the crown thinning. I haven't been applying minox there in probably 1-1.5 years or so. I think I need to apply minox regularly there again. I'm honestly not surprised I'm thinning and balding at the crown, but of course it sucks. Oh well. As another member said recently ,"It won't bother me unless it becomes shiny" or something to that effect. I completely agree. If I start really thinning there, I think I'll change my hairstyle to a shorter on crown style, very similar to what @CosmoKramer is currently shooting for. It'll soften the transition from hair to balding area while also letting me keep the top long.

July139.thumb.jpg.2ca865917b43b5b071180d7714815859.jpg

Airfare guide

I wrote some thoughts here, but I managed to loose it all, even with the editor thing trying to help. I can explain the points, but I'll just use bullet point format.

What I basically said is:

• I am very pleased with my progress.
  • I got my expected results (for the entire HT) very fast (at 6 months), and I don't know if I can expect more growth, but I feel satisfied with my HT.
  • ******I was nervous for a trip I have in 1month, but am thrilled to be ready (hair-wise) for it. I booked it in December, before my HT. I fully expected to look less complete, like my 120 day result I am posting below. This progress has been a real gift.*****
  • My only "improvement" I'm waiting for is the new hair to loose it's curl. Not a complaint, as it is expected and normal, but I think that will be the largest improvement to my look from this point forward.
  • I look younger objectively. Coworkers, grocery stores, and especially restaurants think I am younger now. I get carded at restaurants like I did in my early 20s, maybe up to 25/26. I used to "never" get carded, where now I think I'm 5/6 or 5/7 in last two months.
  • I made that point above to emphasize: "We are our own worst critic". If the world sees you as: younger, healthier, more attractive etc, let them. Don't feel like you have to keep improving your look to meet some Instagram expectations.
  • Don't buy into the hype of others when it comes to hair. Everyone has different hair, and no one makes a huge deal about it. Look at Brad Pitt. He has great hair. Look again at his temples, they literally go above his eyebrows. If he was on this forum saying he just had a HT he would get roasted by members saying his temple points look ridiculous and unnatural. His temples do look unnatural compared to others. Kit Harrington has a wacky hairline compared to others. If members got those styles from a doc, I can already imagine the toxicity. Just own your appearance and don't concern yourself. You'd be surprised at what passes as "acceptable" to the eye test of the passerby.
  • A massive take away is this: I am now ready, at the 6 month mark, to basically start my public life over. I mean this as, I don't post to social media or take professional pics. I am ready to update my social media from basically 6-12months before my HT. I need to update my LinkedIn with a fresher pic. It's wild, but I feel like I only have a passing resemblance to my prior self. I try to make sure I don't show coworkers pics of me before the HT (during India trip I had with SO, I only show SO by zooming in on only my face or only on SO). All of those pics from that trip were not posted. I am excited to actually share with my social world my travels and myself (if I didn't do a HT, I probably would have shared travels. Now that I know my appearance is changing/improving I guess I am choosing to wait).

Anyway, thanks to everyone for following the journey. I think I will make updates at the month mark now. Maybe I'll continue the bimonthly thing, but IDK if it's necessary. Happy to answer any bullet points that were not clear, again, real bummed that everything was lost from first edit.

Here is the pic for the ***** bullet point, where I thought I may be at the 7 month mark from having "so few" grafts. This is again at the 120 day mark.

may91.thumb.jpg.748be208097f8b3a88f80c093978b027.jpg

• Like 3

Airfare guide

1 hour ago, Shakib said:

Just after the six months stage results looks fantastic.

Thanks. I may chalk it up to being a fast grower, but the results from HT are great. Everything I wanted. 

Airfare guide

Your 6th month progress looks great Lennny, especially post haircut, what a nice change from your pre-op state photos!

Your attitude and expectations along this process has been really good and in the end if you are happy that is the only opinion that matters.

Ps. Regarding the crown, yeah maybe start adding minoxidil there as well but if it still doesn’t do much it looks like you have much more donor in reserves for a top up down the road if needed.

Lenney

you seem like a great guy and I’m happy you’re very satisfied with your results. You look great at 6 months. Should thicken and grow some more. It brought a smile to my face when you mentioned you’re ready to start your public life over. I felt the same way and hope I can do the same soon. Thanks for sharing your story bro!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Inspiring results, congrats!  I think the most daunting thing for me about getting this procedure done is the waiting game.  I don't know if I'll be excited/hopeful for the growth phase, or anxious that it's not going to work and that I've made a big mistake.  More likely I'll probably oscillate back and forth.  If I actually schedule a HT, I'll probably start another thread about how to handle the "mental game" of this procedure.  I have fair skin too so I'll probably have the redness for months too.

Btw, you don't really need it BUT a little Toppik sprinkled on the crown will completely hide the thinning look.  You're still in very good shape but the Toppik could come in handy in the future if necessary imo.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I was on vacation in the Iberian peninsula and didn't have a chance to update at the 7 month mark. I had fun on the vacation and didn't think of my hair at all outside of 1. Morning pill routine 2. post shower minox and 3. gentle brushing for some pics. My phone camera is literal ass, so I didn't take any. I need to ask my SO or mom for some to see how an objective picture looks like. I did wear a hat most of the time to not get my neck or face (or balding head haha) sunburnt. But my point is, I am back to being unconcerned about my hair ( I was basically fully aware after my "discovery moment" when my perception of myself changed).

Anyway, hair is mostly the same. I mentioned earlier to @Petroholic that I have a similar hairstyle and have same density thing going on. Look at both July 13th posts above along with my update here and see what I am talking about with density and length. Because the hair falls on itself, the density contrast is more apparent with longer hair. After the haircut, hair looks normal. It's only when you study it and "look for" things that are "off" is when things look different. I am overdue for a haircut. I had a trim on the 2-3rd of Aug, but I think 3 weeks is the new normal for me with regards to haircuts. I think I may get a haircut this Saturday, before I go back to school. I'll update then as well. 

But this update is approximately 7.5 months. One of the temples is thinner than the other. I am hopeful that it fills in, but if it doesn't, I will either ignore it or brush hair towards it. I already have the weakest side burns known to man (non existent), so I think that the less defined temple point isn't a huge cosmetic concern for me. I would probably address it with a follow up HT, but it isn't on my radar right now. The thinning top and crown are my more immediate concern. I am still hopeful it's fin shed and not age. I'll know for sure about month 11-15. I noticed the thinning around month 6, so I assume a full  3-9 month growth cycle will answer this question.

Hair is post shower with a gentle push. I still have that superman curl going on, so I push it up into the hairline, and the top I "comb over". I give it a pass or two with my hand and call it good. I don't really spend time "working" on the combover. I think that will be my cue to get another HT (I'll wait until month 15 before I make any decisions).

aug261.jpg

aug262.jpg

aug263.jpg

aug264.jpg

aug265.jpg

• Like 3

Airfare guide

9 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Oh and that last pic, crown is looking very good too!

Yeah, I didn't start fin til basically March, so I am hopeful things get better after the initial worse loss of weak hair.

Thanks for kind words from you both!

Airfare guide

19 hours ago, Lennney said:

The thinning top and crown are my more immediate concern. I am still hopeful it's fin shed and not age.

Looks really good Lennney, sometimes you dont notice yourself but ask a 3rd eye, i am following your journey and you are almost there. good difference between your 5 month vs 7 month timeline - very happy to see that 

regarding finastride shed, there are mixed theories, ppl say if you begin finas and minox together ( as we did ), both individually will contribute towards shedding for 3 months each. Not sure if those 3 months are one after the other totalling 6 months or overlap each other :( 

Hi Lenney,

Thank for for sharing your HT journey with all of us. Your hair looks amazing! I am sure that it will keep getting better during the next few months. I have enjoyed reading your detailed write ups. You have done an awesome job with documenting your HT journey with great pictures. Thank you. We wish you all the best.

Regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

@Lennney

Bro  your hair looks freakin great, I had to do a double take, because it's improved immensely in the last month, I was like 😳

That front shot is money 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks @Melvin-Moderator, I appreciate the kind words! Happy to hear about your HT @Jhonny . I'll look for your thread if you have one posted!

I took photos after my haircut back on the 31st of Aug. I have been slacking on updates. Hair was a little wet still. I've been slacking a bit with minox, maybe every other day application. I am now trying to not put it on in the same spots, since everyone seems to be in agreement that it doesn't have to just be on the problem areas. I think my crown is doing okay, definitely better than it was a couple months ago. I'm also about 2 weeks deep into not washing my hair daily. I wash it every 2-3 days with shampoo, otherwise just lots of water. I like the feel of the hair better this way. It doesn't feel brittle and loose, it feels more full. I need to update now that it's been 2 weeks since, as well as the 8 month mark.

aug311.jpg

aug312.jpg

aug313.jpg

aug314.jpg

aug315.jpg

• Like 2

Airfare guide

Great progress Lennney

Agreed on the comment : daily shower is not healthy for hair thickness, I also shampoo every 2/3 days now and try to keep hair away from any water also for 2 days in a row sometimes. only coconut oil and let it sit there, moisturize the scalp nicely and then wash it 

:) 

2 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

Great progress Lennney

Agreed on the comment : daily shower is not healthy for hair thickness, I also shampoo every 2/3 days now and try to keep hair away from any water also for 2 days in a row sometimes. only coconut oil and let it sit there, moisturize the scalp nicely and then wash it 

:) 

Just bought some from Amazon. How much do you use (same amount as shampoo or more...)? How long do you let it stay (if it's over 10 minutes, do you have to put it into wet hair or can you put it in dry hair)? How often do you apply it?

I'm down to jump on this coconut train.

• Like 1

Airfare guide

21 hours ago, Lennney said:

How much do you use (same amount as shampoo or more...)? How long do you let it stay (if it's over 10 minutes, do you have to put it into wet hair or can you put it in dry hair)? How often do you apply it?

I'm down to jump on this coconut train.

more than shampoo, two full spoons at least , i most prefer it to stay overnight ( pillow covers could be washed later or protected ) 

dry hair only 

i apply at least 2 -3 times a week and let it stay overnight ..... welcome aboard :)