Caucasian Blonde 2500 FUE Dr. Bhatti *Tracker*

Lennney

And finally, today, 6 Mar. I think my hair is way too long, and I need it cut. The sides look too thick, and it contrasts the top of my head that I see gradual thinning in. I hope to ride this hair situation for a few more years, but if my top losses pile on, I may have to schedule a procedure sooner than I want.

Overall I am still very pleased with my hair. The hairline, as we are all aware, is the most important thing to consider in re-shaping your face. I still can't believe the transformation I underwent. I mention how I look younger, but I see myself as more attractive, and thus more favorably. I thought I looked okay, but only when I focused straight-on (mirror perspective), and only when I focused on my facial features. I mentioned in my first posts that I became disillusioned when I saw myself in a 3 pane mirror, and it showed how badly my hair had receded. 

Anyway, I had a brief conversation about my hair in the last month or so, and my SO stated very plainly that this HT was for the better, and they are glad that I went through with it. We're both reaping the benefits haha!

This should go without saying, but I will state the obvious: I am glad I had Dr. Bhatti for my first HT. I was confident in his skills, rationale in approaching hair loss as a lifelong battle, and his personal attention to my case. It has been the most beneficial investment I have made. I think LASIK is a great investment, but the HT is arguably better because it shapes how the world sees [and interacts!!!] with you.

I still have some patchiness on one of the temples still. The patchiness doesn't bother me, and I already plan to add a handful of hairs to remedy it when I go in for my second (top) procedure.

A note on the photos: I know my crown looks really thin, but this may be a combination of lighting as well as too long of hair (and maybe some balding haha! But yes, balding). I took an additional photo in the same room, just not directly in front of the light. My concerns are top of head, and then my temple, and then my crown. I am really not too concerned with the crown as it is one of the more "forgiven" balding patterns as well as the fact that I know the crown is a black hole of hair. 

I should probably do the same side photos for the standard 3 other photos, and maybe I will. The lighting makes my hairline seem more transparent than I like, but I want to be as unbiased as possible in my reviews so as to keep my catalog of photos consistent. I genuinely believe my hair looks good, not just "good for me so I will say it's good."  

Thank you all for the kind words!

065Mar.thumb.jpg.f1e6365181d253b402ca15345993a9a5.jpg064Mar.thumb.jpg.a9e000b0ecc5ad1c3f193f53fbe8fc44.jpg063Mar.thumb.jpg.e164fc7af7939239b601391f6fd9af13.jpg062Mar.thumb.jpg.09a628433dd9f38765e8887e5b07d06b.jpg061Mar.thumb.jpg.e197f35c857565283de2ab10f76ea90a.jpg

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

• Administrators

You look incredible my dude, your write up has been excellent, and the photos you share have always been consistent. Your attitude also is a great example of how we should all look at our hair. That said, I do think that having long hair makes the crown look thinner, as we all know once hair is starting too thin it does not grow as long as healthy thick terminal hair. I believe that is what we are seeing in these pictures. Once you cut your hair a little shorter it blends in perfectly with the back. Happy for you dude the hairline looks fantastic and most importantly natural.🙌

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You look incredible my dude, your write up has been excellent, and the photos you share have always been consistent. Your attitude also is a great example of how we should all look at our hair. That said, I do think that having long hair makes the crown look thinner, as we all know once hair is starting too thin it does not grow as long as healthy thick terminal hair. I believe that is what we are seeing in these pictures. Once you cut your hair a little shorter it blends in perfectly with the back. Happy for you dude the hairline looks fantastic and most importantly natural.🙌

Thanks Melvin! I completely agree with the crown. Unfortunately when I get my hair cut, I just trim it, and I therefore keep the issue. If I were to do a more professional, maybe military style haircut (like 4-6 length on top), I think it would alleviate the issue. Maybe I'll do it during the summer... I like the front length like it is, and I am thinking that I may have to reduce the length of everything (including front) if I were to get the crown at optimal length. 

Thanks for the general complement Melvin, I aimed to create as un-biased a tracker as possible. I know my intent was to create consistency. Had the same shitty phone for like 3.5 years haha, maybe I need to upgrade (to a newer shitty phone). 

Thanks Cosmo, you've been on this trip with me the entire time, I appreciate your positivity and your wealth of knowledge. I enjoyed your discussions on Melvin's recent thread on derma rolling. I think I stand to benefit from rolling on my top, since it's gradually thinning. I'll keep an eye on it and learn from your discussions.

• Thanks 1

Airfare guide

Lenney,

So happy for you. Your hair looks awesome. Thank you for documenting your HT journey so well. We wish you all the best.

Regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 5 weeks later...

@Lennneylooks good! You and I have similar hair type and loss. Like you I had a similar amount of graft placed in front ( I had 2700 grafts in front first pass) I also had crown work but my front ended up similar to you. I was happy but ended up doing 2 more passes in front and ended up with density I could have only dreamed off! 

3 hours ago, Guy73 said:

@Lennneylooks good! You and I have similar hair type and loss. Like you I had a similar amount of graft placed in front ( I had 2700 grafts in front first pass) I also had crown work but my front ended up similar to you. I was happy but ended up doing 2 more passes in front and ended up with density I could have only dreamed off! 

Just saw your density, and yes, I couldn't have dreamed of your density either! It's fantastic.

I am holding up okay/well at the moment, but I will address my frontal density eventually too. My density tapers off after initial centimeter it two, so I know it'll be done during the top (where my HT merges with my natural hair). I'll gauge how I feel on my frontal density then, but I've gotten a lot of confidence from my current hairline. I would have imagined more critiques/awareness of my HT due to hairline density - but I haven't had any yet. What I mean is, hairline has turned out sufficient for me (so far).

I made a post on your thread about sticking with one doc for the benefit of seeing their strategy through. I know Bhatti specializes in the conservative approach, and I picked him initially for that reason. I think after a very large second procedure, I'll reevaluate. I'm not sure what my donor would look like after the second. I'm also thinking of doing BHT from my chin to the crown, again to maximize donor and due to my personal conservative nature. I'm always "saving" so that I always have a safety stock, in pretty much everything I do. I'd rather have extra than run out (money, hair, food, etc.). 

Thanks for the post, I see the similarities for sure in our first procedures. For me, and maybe for you, the first procedure was a "hot fix" measure. It is/was/will be the single most transformative procedure that gives the most bang for the buck. I look and feel 100x better. I look like I thought I looked (if that makes sense). I basically look like my "age" where I still feel like I'm 26. I hit the dirty thirty this year and everytime I think about that I think that my age doesn't match to how I feel (good thing). 

Thanks for the post, @Guy73 . 

Airfare guide