Growing hair back? - The Big 3 ++ Journey

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Shifty 

This is definitely an all star response. We’d love to include this in a video. I’d title it “most incredible medication transformation” definitely think a lot of guys would benefit from his story.

I am thinking of making a video using the photos posted. If and when I do for sure you can feature it.

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. I am beyond amazed that hairs are still growing/sprouting. Just wet my hair to get a better view, Wet hair sucks fyi lol 

you can see small black hairs as well as new white ones.  yesterday was 10 months. 

FRONT LEFT

FRONT RIGHT 

FRONT 

left 7.19.jpg

right 7.10.jpg

front 7.19.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shifty said:

also, battling a case of dandruff. I believe this is from Minox. I hate it. 

Yeah, I get the same from minoxidil, annoying flaking, sucks but Nizoral helps some.

Amazing before and now photos by the way!

2 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Yeah, I get the same from minoxidil, annoying flaking, sucks but Nizoral helps some.

Amazing before and now photos by the way!

I don't use Nizoral but,  I just started using Head and Shoulders a few nights a week. Crossing my fingers, even my friend who cuts my hair was like whoa where did all this dandruff come from?  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shifty said:

I don't use Nizoral but,  I just started using Head and Shoulders a few nights a week. Crossing my fingers, even my friend who cuts my hair was like whoa where did all this dandruff come from?  

I've been using Nizoral as long as I've been using Minoxidil and I've never had any scalp issues despite having some problems with dryness and flakiness prior to starting either. I think the head and shoulders should serve a similar function as long as you make sure not to overdo it.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

I've been using Nizoral as long as I've been using Minoxidil and I've never had any scalp issues despite having some problems with dryness and flakiness prior to starting either. I think the head and shoulders should serve a similar function as long as you make sure not to overdo it.

Im going to do it 2 or three times a week. Nizoral is a anti dandruff shampoo, the Hair Restoration shampoo i use is not. My life has become washing my hair =/ 

Just curious, how much did it cost as compared to Nizoral?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I am truly impressed with your results. Thank you for sharing your experience with such detail. 

I have gathered all of the products you mention, and will start next week.

Thanks again

• Thanks 1

Took these as soon as I woke up this morning.

Still crushing the frontal hairline growth game. Look at all those new hairs!

The top I think may have halted progress. I do see small white hairs up close, there just aren't a ton of them. This is where I am most self conscious.  I will continue derma pen in the hopes this changes.  Still leagues from where I was almost a year ago.  up close is crown.

image.thumb.png.a9cf7fd888d7d551158ca443b26cdce9.pngimage.thumb.png.1db619254aa7ac5e90acb39fc712089d.png

image.thumb.png.ac80a22a603f7998f2f967305809ceec.png

38 minutes ago, rodfl said:

I am truly impressed with your results. Thank you for sharing your experience with such detail.  

I have gathered all of the products you mention, and will start next week. 

Thanks again

Good luck!!!!! take photos and share them here, we would love to see the journey.

It looks like your shampoo is the same one I just started experimenting with to enhance any gains I was getting. It does contain the same active ingredient as Nizoral in the same concentration. Are you using that more than  few times a week?

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

It looks like your shampoo is the same one I just started experimenting with to enhance any gains I was getting. It does contain the same active ingredient as Nizoral in the same concentration. Are you using that more than  few times a week?

Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Well, that eliminates the possibility of overuse contributing to your scalp woes. 

On a related note, I am really liking how the product leaves my hair feeling although the price per bottle is a bit steep. Too early for me to tell if it's been speeding up growth at all. Do you feel there has been a benefit?

Edited by Mycroft

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Well, that eliminates the possibility of overuse contributing to your scalp woes

On a related note, I am really liking how the product leaves my hair feeling although the price per bottle is a bit steep. Too early for me to tell if it's been speeding up growth at all. Do you feel there has been a benefit? 

I think I have had such a good result because I have been doing multiple things (all documented earlier in this thread), this shampoo being one of them. As I have also stated I don't miss a beat really.  if I go on vacation I bring everything with me.  its not cheap as far as shampoo goes but it lasts forever.

Also  I've said it before if I were looking at this thread and thinking about trying this before an HT, I would do exactly what was posted to a T. Zero deviation.  Its taken just as long but is way cheaper lol and doesn't require surgery.

if you're going to try this, or anything in life really, give 115%, if you cant commit to that don't expect the best results.

Even if it all works marginally and you opt for HT anyways, my guess is you will need less grafts therefore save $$.

• Like 1

Amazing...hope the new hair keeps coming Shifty!

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...

An inspiring thread Shifty. Congrats on your results thus far.

For what its worth, I agree that a good regime of hair care can virtually stop MPB in its tracks. I was receding quite sharply on both temple points by 18 years of age, now 48 and although I have had transplants for my hairline and temples, the crown is still intact and most people consider I have almost a full head of hair. Ionil T shampoo which is a coal tar type is what I have used for almost 30 years and worked brilliantly at rectifying a psoriasis type of condition which I think was exacerbating my hair loss at such a young age.

Your thread has resulted in me just ordering a 1.5mm derma roller for the first time - I have some weakness behind the transplanted front in my frontal third (particularly on one side) that hopefully I can thicken up. I will give this up to 6 months and if still not happy will likely try PRP. Reluctant to go for more transplants as I have had my own nightmare experience with shock loss although good/ethical doctors really should be able to minimize that risk.

Thanks for sharing your results with the forum, it truly is valuable information from a great responder to non surgical hair loss intervention.

Cheers.

Edited by Mikey1970

@Mikey1970 Glad my post helped! Also loo into getting the pen i  mentioned in this thread. While it still pulls hairs and hurts like hell, its not as bad as just the roller. God luck!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

11 months 4 days ago. Still thickening and growing albeit not as much unfortunately.  I am at a point where a little Toppik goes a long way. So much so I was complimented on my hair recently.

What I have noticed recently which I noticed a few months back is, I see smaller hairs falling out more frequently and at the time it worried me but I now believe these are small hairs falling to make way for thicker strands.

I wish things were progressing as quickly as they did the first few months but they are still slowly progressing so I am not going to stop any time soon!

1) Left Temple, notice the small hairs starting to sprout.

2) Right Temple. hairs starting to thicken and grow. Not as much of a problem area because of how i comb my hair. Figures this would be the stronger side lol

3)  Front. This is harsh light, it actually doesn't look this bad in normal lighting. But, you can clearly see the new hairs all along the front continuing to grow and thicken. There was no hair here if you look at my previous posts in this thread.

4) The crown. I comb it in a way here to really show the weak points. When I look at my last post i see some improvement so Ill keep my fingers crossed this gets better even though its been a slow process.

5) just how my hair falls naturally. Ive never liked my hair to be honest, but losing it was way worse than anything i hated about it

before

.image.png.1565977405f0a349ea6b0f13cc2394e2.png

image.thumb.png.e7013e9be035cbd72527603e7e7cf778.png
image.thumb.png.e5dd4176c99a93272310c52e99287478.png

image.thumb.png.d51edee30ee7b4a17d149ec83dbc31a1.png

image.thumb.png.e2bda66ddfbbca643f8aca027204ad20.png

• Like 1

• Moderators

Your crown does not look too bad. It's a bit thin, but there's no complete bald area.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

That's the area where finasteride helps the most!

Gillenator