Growing hair back? - The Big 3 ++ Journey

4 hours ago, Shifty said:

11 months 4 days ago. Still thickening and growing albeit not as much unfortunately.  I am at a point where a little Toppik goes a long way. So much so I was complimented on my hair recently.

What I have noticed recently which I noticed a few months back is, I see smaller hairs falling out more frequently and at the time it worried me but I now believe these are small hairs falling to make way for thicker strands.

I wish things were progressing as quickly as they did the first few months but they are still slowly progressing so I am not going to stop any time soon!

1) Left Temple, notice the small hairs starting to sprout.

2) Right Temple. hairs starting to thicken and grow. Not as much of a problem area because of how i comb my hair. Figures this would be the stronger side lol

3)  Front. This is harsh light, it actually doesn't look this bad in normal lighting. But, you can clearly see the new hairs all along the front continuing to grow and thicken. There was no hair here if you look at my previous posts in this thread.

4) The crown. I comb it in a way here to really show the weak points. When I look at my last post i see some improvement so Ill keep my fingers crossed this gets better even though its been a slow process.

5) just how my hair falls naturally. Ive never liked my hair to be honest, but losing it was way worse than anything i hated about it

before

.image.png.1565977405f0a349ea6b0f13cc2394e2.png

image.thumb.png.e7013e9be035cbd72527603e7e7cf778.png
image.thumb.png.e5dd4176c99a93272310c52e99287478.png

image.thumb.png.d51edee30ee7b4a17d149ec83dbc31a1.png

image.thumb.png.e2bda66ddfbbca643f8aca027204ad20.png

Looks great buddy!

Yeah, I think the short new hairs shedding are making way for a new stronger thicker one ready to sprout as I’ve had some shed too.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Honestly, these are superb results, it's amazing you've come this far without surgery. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Honestly, these are superb results, it's amazing you've come this far without surgery. 

I went from needing 5000 grafts to get OK coverage to say 1500 top and front to look like a stud lol Not that I already don't look lie a stud. 

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

34 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Looks great buddy!

Yeah, I think the short new hairs shedding are making way for a new stronger thicker one ready to sprout as I’ve had some shed too.

Embrace the shed! Let's start a movement! lol

• Like 1

Never have I ever thought about taking a picture this close to my face let alone also with a mirror behind me.

If you haven't tried the big 3 together, and whatever else there is available to you, do so before seeking a hair transplant. This doesn't work for everyone from what I've read but you would be selling yourself and your pocket short if you didn't give it a go.

I have had a few people reach out to me thanking me for this thread, that makes me feel almost as good as the results themselves. So, I will continue posting updates. I am still seeing new hairs so I dont see myself stopping this anytime soon.

I also think I may eventually get a HT for my crown maybe the frontal if it stalls new growth as I am still using toppik for both.

image.png.697da6f2d4f1f469f551a230fa467507.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

Never have I ever thought about taking a picture this close to my face let alone also with a mirror behind me.

If you haven't tried the big 3 together, and whatever else there is available to you, do so before seeking a hair transplant. This doesn't work for everyone from what I've read but you would be selling yourself and your pocket short if you didn't give it a go.

I have had a few people reach out to me thanking me for this thread, that makes me feel almost as good as the results themselves. So, I will continue posting updates. I am still seeing new hairs so I dont see myself stopping this anytime soon.

I also think I may eventually get a HT for my crown maybe the frontal if it stalls new growth as I am still using toppik for both.

image.png.697da6f2d4f1f469f551a230fa467507.png

Hmmm...is that really you Mr Bond..James Bond?!?! 😜

Looks absolutely amazing!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

WOW !

Amazing results ! Congrats man... You really don’t need an HT at this point.

I would say that 80% of the results have been achieved thanks to the finasteride... It reduces drastically the amount of dihydrotestosterone in the body which in turn gives you your hair back BUT it is a very dangerous product. 

Derma rolling has been proven to be more effective than minoxidil in a double blinded study, definitely a good weapon in your arsenal as well.

Bravo !

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd share my wet hair. We all know wet hair is the worst, so I figured I'd show you it at its worst. If you zoom on temple you still see hairs growing in. It just hasn't stopped albeit its not as drastic. I'm amazed.

Once I I hit it with some product...it looks amazing. So amazing that someone told me last Saturday at a wedding, after I told them my age, that they thought I was at most 32 LOL. It was a female, I asked if she was drunk she said she hadn't been drinking lol 

The worst part is dandruff from Rogaine, but that has gotten better. Been using Anti dandruff shampoo and Nizoral. 

That temple/corner spot below, had no hair at all when I started. 

Also, we are 1 week over 1 year on my regimen today. I started September 2018. Here to looking forward to September 2020! .

top oct 19.jpg

corner oct 18.jpg

front oct 18.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/23/2019 at 9:47 PM, Shifty said:

I use the Doctor Pen A6. I do not use minox and pen on the same nights as Mycroft stated, you increase chances of side effects. 

I am using 1-2 MM depending on the area Im using it on. 

Hey !

Gonna get a derma pen.

How do you use it in comparison to the derma roller please ?

In the study, people were rolling 10 times on different directions of the affected/thinning areas; How do you translate that on the derma pen since it doesnt roll.

Thanks !

On 10/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, bensk said:

Hey !

Gonna get a derma pen.

How do you use it in comparison to the derma roller please ?

In the study, people were rolling 10 times on different directions of the affected/thinning areas; How do you translate that on the derma pen since it doesnt roll.

Thanks !

small circles or straight lines. I would do the 10/10/10 wih the derma roller, i find the pen is more effective so you don't need to concentrate on any one area as much. I actually just started using the roller on the crown again because i find it easier.

Amazing results! How long has it taken the hairs in front to grow? Have you cut them at all?

I've had these blonde Vellus hair pop up. It seems they are not growing in length so much-- but appear to be getting thicker at the base.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rodfl said:

Amazing results! How long has it taken the hairs in front to grow? Have you cut them at all?

I've had these blonde Vellus hair pop up. It seems they are not growing in length so much-- but appear to be getting thicker at the base.

Thanks! I do not cut these, they are growing just slower. Those hairs you mentioned if you keep doing what our doing should turn into terminal. I think by summertime next year these hairs in the front  should be nice and thick. Even if they stay lie this, I guess its good for fibers. 

• Administrators

You and @CosmoKramer have some of the best non-surgical results on this site. Really is amazing. I remember when I first saw your head and thought dang this guy needs a lot of grafts. Now i'm like dang this guy doesn't need surgery lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Obviously he is a real exception to the masses, still this is why surgery should always be the last option and not the first.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Shifty, this is phenomenal.  Let it be known that i am no where to how natural you look at this point.  My scalps been hammered and impacted for so called restoration then so called repair which im still trying to get repair for.  I think meds if watched closely are the best options and clearly will save thousands of dollars and headaches later.  Wish i could turn back time but at the same time you have provided a very valuable documentation online and i am surprised no company has reached out to you to share your story.  I can see them trying to get you to write about your experience for top dollar.  

you did the smartest thing and saved yourself a lot of turmoil.  I am extremely happy for the way things are turning out for you and my god talk about natural.  And you have no bogus scar tissue or anything else unethical with the drama a HT can bring by some folks.  You can live with a healthy scalp free from defects.  

It is very unfortunate that folks may try to coverup or hide truths to what goes on in certain aspects of the industry.  If only some guys truly knew what goes on behind scenes and coverups and deceptions and etc.  

you are a real person without any motive to do what you do and you have shown this to help others.  Thanks for coming back and updating with pics and the more you update the more helpful seeing this has become.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You and @CosmoKramer have some of the best non-surgical results on this site. Really is amazing. I remember when I first saw your head and thought dang this guy needs a lot of grafts. Now i'm like dang this guy doesn't need surgery lol.

Thanks @Melvin-Moderator...tho as you and many already know...so just for the Internet record, mine is the thanks to the combo of HT + Microneedling haha 😉

On 10/8/2019 at 11:05 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

My mind set has completely changed as well not just my hair.

20 hours ago, gillenator said:

Obviously he is a real exception to the masses, still this is why surgery should always be the last option and not the first.

In my opinion, not knowing obviously, I think people just aren't strict enough with the regimen. As an example I take everything I am doing with me on vacations. Maybe, if others documented like myself and really went hard they would see similar results. Its yet to be seen.

13 hours ago, Sean said:

Shifty, this is phenomenal.  Let it be known that i am no where to how natural you look at this point.  My scalps been hammered and impacted for so called restoration then so called repair which im still trying to get repair for.  I think meds if watched closely are the best options and clearly will save thousands of dollars and headaches later.  Wish i could turn back time but at the same time you have provided a very valuable documentation online and i am surprised no company has reached out to you to share your story.  I can see them trying to get you to write about your experience for top dollar.  

you did the smartest thing and saved yourself a lot of turmoil.  I am extremely happy for the way things are turning out for you and my god talk about natural.  And you have no bogus scar tissue or anything else unethical with the drama a HT can bring by some folks.  You can live with a healthy scalp free from defects.  

It is very unfortunate that folks may try to coverup or hide truths to what goes on in certain aspects of the industry.  If only some guys truly knew what goes on behind scenes and coverups and deceptions and etc.  

you are a real person without any motive to do what you do and you have shown this to help others.  Thanks for coming back and updating with pics and the more you update the more helpful seeing this has become.  

I honestly started this with the intent that if it worked it would help others, and if it didn't no one would be the worse. So thank you for this.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sean said:

This post pretty much scares me off of having any work done. Might be best to just accept being bald.

• Like 1

I have to agree with Shmiggy!!  I have been blessed with a stretch scar on the back of my head. My last procedure was about 8 years ago. Luckily, I have been able to improve the appearance somewhat. I will never be able to shave my head, or go as close as a number 4 clipper cut.

I had two additional surgeries to repair the mistakes from the original two procedures.. Unfortunately , the last surgery left me with a scar that can not be repaired.. I flew to Vancouver and Baltimore even visited some locals in Fl only to hear the same thing..." Don't touch it. You run the risk of making it worse".  I will not have another surgery.

Your story has inspired me. Thank you

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, rodfl said:

I have to agree with Shmiggy!!  I have been blessed with a stretch scar on the back of my head. My last procedure was about 8 years ago. Luckily, I have been able to improve the appearance somewhat. I will never be able to shave my head, or go as close as a number 4 clipper cut.

I had two additional surgeries to repair the mistakes from the original two procedures.. Unfortunately , the last surgery left me with a scar that can not be repaired.. I flew to Vancouver and Baltimore even visited some locals in Fl only to hear the same thing..." Don't touch it. You run the risk of making it worse".  I will not have another surgery.

Your story has inspired me. Thank you

That sucks, have you looked into SMP?