Growing hair back? - The Big 3 ++ Journey

It never hurts to wait it out.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 hours ago, Phil36fromaus said:

Looking at this pic I would have thought you might one day be heading towards Norwood VII territory, and I'd be worried about you getting decent coverage from a HT at all (or at the very least would have to undergo 2 or 3 HT's before finally walking away with a result you'd be happy with). Man I'm so happy for you, that's amazing 

I wonder how many people could have avoided Hts if this could work for them as well

thanks man much appreciated, and not sure but i hope less if they see this post. 

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

2 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

congrats man. please do not go through with a hair transplant right now lol. probably the best non-surgical result on the face of this earth at this moment. better than mine ;) 

have you experienced any shedding at all to this point? I have still been losing a lot of hair, but I'm adamant on sticking it out on fin. I think my hair is actually starting to rebound (very early to tell but I've noticed a slight improvement).

remember that your hairs will still need to go through the typical life cycle of a hair. I'm just curious to see if you eventually go through that or it will be broken up enough where you dont notice any difference.

thanks, i'm debating ht or not we shall see! LOL

i did notice for a cpl months small hairs shedding every day. It worried me but it stopped. Now i see what I feel is regular shedding. I count them in the sink and in the shower if i see them too make sure lol 

I have not hit the 100 count yet so im OK with the hairs coming out, seems normal. 

I dont now what you are doing exactly but if you feel hair is falling out excessively maybe do exactly what I am doing?

Just now, Phil36fromaus said:

have people in real life just assumed you got a HT? lol!

I wear hats a lot, I always have. I'm not even sure they noticed it fall out. Although I did try a system and it was a complete fail....I am sure they noticed something but I never told anyone so now they will just think i had a bad hair day!

1 minute ago, Phil36fromaus said:

clinics always want you to go on fin so you stabilise the possibility of further loses. you have the exact opposite problem of stabilisation because you keep making gains. id be interested in what clinics would say just as a point of curiosity, but id say wait and see what happens from now. amazing

I had a date set with Diep, but a couple of weddings and my mother getting sick and my siblings and I having to take care of her since last year, I just have not had the time to even think about it. Sucks because I gave him $1k which i know im not getting back. I think if she didnt get sick I would have went though with it. Silver lining? 

Feller and Bloxham are 5 minutes away from me so at some point Ill at least get a consultation.  

8 hours ago, Shifty said:

Missed last month, will update fully in a cpl weeks. This is right now. Hairs still sprouting in the front, not sure about crown.

image.png.afb3cd22432a60abbe2d20b0b731b86f.png

I hate treating the crown for exactly this reason. So hard to tell what's going on back there and even with the pen dermastamping is harder than it is in the front because I'm working blind.

Great results so far and very encouraging. I actually started on a more complex regimen (up from just taking  finest ride) around the same time as you did, so this thread helps me stay patient and keep perspective. Looks like you've had nice improvements not only in coverage but density and volume as well. Your hair has some nice bulk to it in this photo.

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, Shmiggy said:

Gil, who’s the fella in your pic? He’s got a nice head of hair!

Why that's me after 4 FUT procedures!

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

roughly 6900 grafts in total...;)

• Like 1

Gillenator

• Administrators
On 7/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, Shifty said:

I had a date set with Diep, but a couple of weddings and my mother getting sick and my siblings and I having to take care of her since last year, I just have not had the time to even think about it. Sucks because I gave him $1k which i know im not getting back. I think if she didnt get sick I would have went though with it. Silver lining? 

Feller and Bloxham are 5 minutes away from me so at some point Ill at least get a consultation.  

Well, if you ever decide on an HT you got that 1k you can still use towards your HT if you decide to go with him, but feller and bloxham are super convenient and a great clinic as well. That said, you don't need to do anything man. Your hair looks fantastic and you're in your 40's!

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/13/2019 at 2:53 AM, Mycroft said:

I hate treating the crown for exactly this reason. So hard to tell what's going on back there and even with the pen dermastamping is harder than it is in the front because I'm working blind.

Great results so far and very encouraging. I actually started on a more complex regimen (up from just taking  finest ride) around the same time as you did, so this thread helps me stay patient and keep perspective. Looks like you've had nice improvements not only in coverage but density and volume as well. Your hair has some nice bulk to it in this photo.

I started using the roller on the crown again, its just easier and basically does the same job. We'll see in a week if there has been any progress it looks like it but who knows. Its been enough progress that a little hair fiber goes a long way.

14 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Well, if you ever decide on an HT you got that 1k you can still use towards your HT if you decide to go with him, but feller and bloxham are super convenient and a great clinic as well. That said, you don't need to do anything man. Your hair looks fantastic and you're in your 40's!

I think end of September I'll know where i stand and that's when I'll make the decision. I mean good news is on this forum you all  were telling me 5k grafts before I started this!! 😲

• Like 1

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I think end of September I'll know where i stand and that's when I'll make the decision. I mean good news is on this forum you all  were telling me 5k grafts before I started this!! 😲

Looking at your previous pics I stand by that, you’ve regrown an incredible amount of hair and honestly you need to gwt sponsored lol

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I feel like ther are some lessons to learn from the original post. Not everyone is going to be this responsive to nonsurgical treatments, but it's probably not a bad idea to find out before you jump straight to surgical considerations if you're still in the earlier stages of loss.

• Thanks 1

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I'm 42, and started thinning in the crown in my late teens. Started on Finasteride 20+ years ago, and it's done a good job of guarding against much further loss (no side effects, BTW). I've tried Minox a couple times over the years, but never would stick with it long enough to give it much of a chance. 

Lately, I've been thinking about a HT procedure to thicken up the crown area and maybe address my *slightly* receded hairline; even consulted with a couple surgeons near me, one of whom is recommended on this forum. However, seeing this thread early this year inspired me to really give Minox one more good try before going through with a procedure. I started on it 2x daily back in early February, in addition to the Finasteride (and also added Hair Restoration Labs shampoo and conditioner daily), and I have to say that I'm happy with the result so far. Unfortunately no pics to share (I really am that self-conscious about it), but I'm honestly pleased enough with my progress that I don't think a HT in the crown would give me much better of a result. In fact, with the risk of shock loss, at this point with the progress I've made, it might do more harm than good...and crown work is notoriously difficult anyway to achieve 100% density for most people. I may possibly get some work done on the hairline one day, but it's holding up well for now.

All that to say, thank you Shifty for giving me inspiration. I saved thousands of dollars, and avoided surgery and permanent scarring (I was advised that FUT would be best for my case). THANK YOU!!!!!!

Edited by Damifino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Damifino That's awesome, makes me happy even if you're the only one! I would suggest to get on the derma roller as I think that has a big effect on my hairline specifically. I am 10 months in and still seeing progress.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looking at your previous pics I stand by that, you’ve regrown an incredible amount of hair and honestly you need to gwt sponsored lol

Whats gwt? send them my info! lol

37 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I feel like ther are some lessons to learn from the original post. Not everyone is going to be this responsive to nonsurgical treatments, but it's probably not a bad idea to find out before you jump straight to surgical considerations if you're still in the earlier stages of loss.

Thankful for this forum otherwise I would have never tried all this.

15 minutes ago, Shifty said:

@Damifino That's awesome, makes me happy even if you're the only one! I would suggest to get on the derma roller as I think that has a big effect on my hairline specifically. I am 10 months in and still seeing progress.

I've been considering that, again based on your experience, may just have to give it a try in the crown and up front.

Edited by Damifino

Just now, Damifino said:

if I were on the flip side as I was last year I would just copy exactly to a T what I did. As I said in the beginning of this, I threw the kitchen sink at it and people on this forum are saying its the best result they have ever witnessed. 🤷‍♂️

The only thing I haven't tried is PRP but that's because the verdict on that is not out yet if it works or not and its expensive.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Phil36fromaus said:

wish we could put your results on the front page of the site under some kind of "all stars" section ... not only are your results awesome but they are already helping others :) love it

@Shifty 

This is definitely an all star response. We’d love to include this in a video. I’d title it “most incredible medication transformation” definitely think a lot of guys would benefit from his story.

• Like 1

View my thread