Growing hair back? - The Big 3 ++ Journey

This is by far a very successful outcome.  Folks who have surgery with some good docs can’t even attain such a result.  This is naturally done and looks natural.  Definitely reversed the course for a while and saved money.  Wise move and excellent documentation.  This will help a lot of folks.  Data/documentation like this is hard to come by.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sup folks. So been very busy with work and life but I wanted to give an uodate. In Aruba at the moment and the lighting in. Bathroom isnt great. I am 7 months in as if the 26th of Arpil.

You'll notice one crown photo looking thinner than others. I really leaned into the light.

I've been seeing smaller hairs falling out my only hope is they are making way for larger hairs.

Frontal still showing signs of new hairs.

Crown is eh. Still using fibers which I dislike. Almost impossible to get perfect color and really hard to do with out folding mirror which hotels never have. It doesnt look great but if no one us directly  behind you they wont notice. 

Ket me know thoughts. Hoping to get an HT to close up the gaps next year. 

No product in hair just blow dried . 

20190506_154138.jpg

20190506_154148.jpg

20190506_153723.jpg

20190506_154127.jpg

20190506_154229.jpg

20190506_154243.jpg

20190506_154215.jpg

20190506_154204.jpg

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

Honestly, it looks good.  It looks better than what I have on my scalp after the surgeries by top docs and now with damage.  That itself should tell you how well you are doing.  Congrats man.

looks really natural and you are holding on well.  Next year I think it will probably keep getting better.  Thanks again for sharing this as it will definitely help a lot of folks.  

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

This is probably the best response I’ve seen to medications ever good stuff  🙌🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hair looks great for mid 40s. I wouldn’t touch HT. Save your money. Most normal folks who aren’t obsessed with hairloss wouldn’t even notice your thin spots.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Shmiggy said:

Hair looks great for mid 40s. I wouldn’t touch HT. Save your money. Most normal folks who aren’t obsessed with hairloss wouldn’t even notice your thin spots.

agreed

On 11/9/2018 at 12:32 PM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

And looking at your photos, I don’t feel that 2500 grafts will be enough to give me that kind of coverage and density that you may be looking for.   That said, there’s always that second procedure but it sounds like you want to get as much done as possible the first time. In my opinion, stripped surgery may be the way to go then but you seem on interested in undergoing that procedure. I assume it’s because you are concerned about a linear scar? 

As a sidenote, but related, I find it interesting how many people today are so concerned about the possibility of a linear scar when my attitude from the very beginning when I underwent all four of my procedures was that I could care less if I had a star on the sides and back of my head as long as I had all my hair back on top.   Yet today, almost all prospective patients are so concerned that they will have a linear scar, even though in most cases it’s very well concealed by the hair on the sides and back of your scalp even at short lengths.   Makes me wonder why there was a shift in attitude over the years, perhaps because of the marketing that FUE is a scarless procedure… Even though that’s not true. 

Don’t get me wrong, if you could undergo surgery and obtain a full looking head of hair with even less scarring via FUE, then I can understand why people would choose it. However, FUE is still much more expensive  then strip and I personally would rather pay less to get a full walking head of hair with a nominal linear scar that nobody will ever see anyway.   That of course is my personal opinion.

best wishes,

Bill

He should be concerned about a linear scar.   I had 4k grafts done by hasson seven years ago and 80% have now fallen out.  Who knows why that happened, but we don't talk much about grafts falling out over time.   If that happens and you have a depleted donor and the only option is to cut hair really short, you are left with the bad decision for everyone to see.

with his results now, he should forget about a HT.  

Edited by roscopeeco78

49 minutes ago, roscopeeco78 said:

He should be concerned about a linear scar.   I had 4k grafts done by hasson seven years ago and 80% have now fallen out.  Who knows why that happened, but we don't talk much about grafts falling out over time.   If that happens and you have a depleted donor and the only option is to cut hair really short, you are left with the bad decision for everyone to see.

This is something I always think about.

What if I have surgery, and the grafts eventually fall out, then I want to shave my head, but no longer can because of the scarring.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shmiggy said:

We all now its about what we see not what others see. While I have responded well what I've been doing as a whole, it can still be improved upon. 

9 hours ago, roscopeeco78 said:

Im just not really down with a strip in general. even though the results are typically better. Id like the option of keeping hair shorter on sides..

And 3200 hairs falling out effin sucks man, you had strip with that?

• Administrators
9 hours ago, roscopeeco78 said:

Do you have a thread? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Shifty said:

We all now its about what we see not what others see. While I have responded well what I've been doing as a whole, it can still be improved upon. 

You've had some great results thus far. Even if you end up undergoing a surgery you will probably need a fraction of the grafts to achieve your goals with a much better end result. Are you just looking to increase density or were you thinking you might reshape/lower the hairline also?

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

You've had some great results thus far. Even if you end up undergoing a surgery you will probably need a fraction of the grafts to achieve your goals with a much better end result. Are you just looking to increase density or were you thinking you might reshape/lower the hairline also?

Increase density in frontal hairline and close up the crown. I think i can get it done w 2500. I was told 4 before the regimine

1 hour ago, petefromgreece said:

Looking GREAT Shifty!  

Do you plan on decreasing your dermarolling sessions when you get into more of a maintenance mode or are you going to still do it a few times each week?

Thanks! As it gets longer it gets harder to derma because it catches the hairs and pulls the out, but ill keep at it. better safe than sorry

It was just looking good today so had to share. Thank God for this forum! Would not have done all this if it had It been for this forum. 

Question: how long before Finesteride (which I believe is the driving force here, everything else makes it work that much better) hits its max efficacy?  Meaning, when can I say ok I've hit the wall this is all it's doing? 

inCollage_20190512_165238460.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Month 8 to the day.

Nothing in the hair just towel dried and left alone for a little after a shower.

Hair still growing. Or at least it looks that way to me, especially in the front. I'm definitely praying it is!! 

Went to Aruba earlier this month and other than that, as I've said before, I've been religious with doing everything.

(See previous messages in this thread for exactly what I'm doing)

FRONT LEFT

image.png.6179d11f7b89bb3b57a78ab81056cc57.png

FRONT RIGHT

image.png.fde61d34b1c4c41ae6586f2d38509404.png

FRONT

image.png.12d77a5279535f474b0a328c58c9eda4.png

CROWN

image.png.dbb32cd17a25562b38c2703cb66a8c4c.png

• Like 2

It just keeps getting better and better.  Can see the difference as time progresses and it is definitely a positive response.  My god, most folks wish their hair is as good as that and at the level of naturalness even after an expensive transplant.  You did this with just meds.   This is just too awesome to see.  Priceless research and thread here.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Fantastic results without going the Ht route.

Have you thought about microneedling with a roller or pen for better blood circulation to the new hairs to strengthen and thicken them further?

Are you talking about derma roller? Because I do that, every Monday and Thursday.  If you go back a page or 2 you will see exactly what I've been doing for 8 months now. 

7 hours ago, Shifty said:

Are you talking about derma roller? Because I do that, every Monday and Thursday.  If you go back a page or 2 you will see exactly what I've been doing for 8 months now. 

Yeah, derma roller, cool, guess I missed that, working great for you from the looks of it. 👍🏻

• 4 weeks later...